Commonwealth Bank GoalSaver

Commonwealth Bank GoalSaver

See the Best Savings Accounts in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

NormaPerth, WA

Disgrace

I put more money into my goal saver than I pulled out because I was short of cash. Didn't receive one cent of bonus interest... I put more than $2000 a month in the account and get nothing in return. Looking for another bank. I thought you are entitled to at least one withdraw a month not zero. First time I have done this what the hell
Your using my money to make interest from borrower's and you penalise me???

balrat
balratCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Interest Hiccups

Has anyone else had mysterious 'hiccups' with the amount of interest received on their account in Mar-May 2020? The hiccup' being an unexplained drop in the amount of interest received?

SaverHobart, TAS

Not listening

My review is not being acknowledged and published, so what is the point of putting points forward. Have been very precise about my opinion
Disappointed. More words? Well nobody is listening.

Saver

Just want to know why my interest rate dropped when the national rate is not set to drop until 17th march. I have deposited more than the required amount in my goslsaver account of $50.000+ just as well take it all out... useless

Saver

Looking for a more productive investment. My gains are diminishing as weeks go by.

Rosie
RosieSouthwest, VIC

Misleading Interest Rate

The interest rate earned increases as the deposit balances increase but the top rate for over $250,000 of 1.6% is not calculated on the entire $250,000 as the lower rate for each band is applied.
CBA is misleading as information implies that the top rate of interest is earned for the entire deposit but the lower rates (ie. 0.9% for 0 - $49,000) apply for each band.

Very tight rules and bad interest rate

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
inxs
inxsAU

Still Better options elsewhere

The GS Interest rate has slowly dwindled over the last decade, like most banks.
As of writing Nov 2018, GS is currently at 2.0% for $50k-$249k and 2.3% for $249k-$999k
Better options are RAMS Saver at 2.8%, ANZ Progress Saver at 2.4% and NAB Reward Saver at 2.5%, all of which require less monthly deposit.
I've moved $ into these accounts instead of GoalSaver for a while now.
Commbank has the most feature rich online experience but for just transferring funds all of them do the job easily.

Completely misleading and bad customer service

The staff told me that it is fee free, 100%, so I closed my complete access account and opened this. But on the next day I found that I was charged $0.2 as a monthly account keeping fee. I then called them, the female staff apparently did not have enough patience, kept asking recent transactions despite I told her that I only had the monthly account keeping fee charge $6 (they are the only transactions). Very impolite though in the end she said 100% no account fees in the future (another promise). Let's wait and see.

Withdrawal

They should atleast allow some withdrawal. It becomes difficult when you require funds urgently. They should be providing good interest rate because the client is not withdrawing any funds and contributing extra every month.

Mye
MyeSydney, NSW

Interest Rate

They're interest rate is no longer competitive. I'd rather save in other banks rather than wait for a 1.8% interest rate. Not a practical choice for a savings account... not anymore.

gsm_masha
gsm_masha

Extremely Uncompetive

Used this account for about 5 years previously. Was good for the first few years as most of my banking was already with CBA so was easy to transfer in and out + keep track of and the interest wasn't far off the best being offered elsewhere. Now, have just opened a Rams account and will be using them from here on as their interest rate is more then 30% greater...

aristas3
aristas3Sydney

Interest not competitive

When I first opened this account I swear the total base + bonus interest rate summed up to around 5%, and now it's a measly 1.8%! Given the new rules about not being allowed to open a second GoalSaver account (especially considering the $100k cap you can earn interest on) and not being allowed to withdraw if you want to earn the bonus, I will be considering other banks.

Maira
Maira

Not Worth

When opened 3 years ago was good I usually received 90$ bonus, now I have double the money I had 3 years ago and I receive 50$ ?
And it just got worse last month now you cannot make any redraw in order to receive your bonus.
Im already searching for another bank.

No Longer worth it

The interest rate when I first signed up was about 6%. Now a lousy 1.8 when pretty much all other banks are offering 2.4 minimum, will be putting my money elsewhere

Incompetitive Interest rate! Absolute garbage

Was great a few years ago - paying a fairly competetive interest rate of 5%+ now its merely 1.8%. I mean - why even bother. Taking my money out.

Disappointing drops in interest rates

Read more reviews - page 2