Commonwealth Bank NetBank Saver

Commonwealth Bank NetBank Saver

See the Best Savings Accounts in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Good service

Since coming to Australia I have been a customer of commbank. For the past two years I have experience good, fast and friendly service. The bank fees are low (compared to other) and the customer services at the branches are good and clerks are friendly. The netbank app is also easy to use. With the Netbank Saver account, you can get 0.5% interest when you have some excess money on your account. I would definitely recommend the bank services.

kathy
kathyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lowest interest 0.20 shop around

Sh.c
Sh.cSydney, NSW

Savings account is a SCAM

Vultures

Over a period of 9 months Commbank have Continually changed my Interest Rate without notifying me as per the terms set out in there product disclosure!

Ive Been loyal to this bank for 38 years But no longer!

commbank, dont care about there customers!

Annoyed
Annoyed

ATMs always down

It seems every time I go to use a commonwealth branch it’s always “out of service” so annoying meaning I have to then drive to the next towns atm. Seriously

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Joke of a savings account

0,15% interest rate is a joke, which I was then able to increase to 0,40% for an extra 3 months by requesting online.

Dumped them for UBank (1.35% base rate), use anyone but Commbank.

Ted Walker
Ted WalkerPerth, WA

Commbank Netbank Saver Account Product

As a loyal customer of the Commbank the Netbank Saver account interest is dropped down to every 3 months to 0.5% and you as a loyal customer have to go to the branch and ask them to raise up again (you can do it yourself from the homepage of your on line account) but it has been slowly dropping over the last 9 months, 1.75%, 1.60%, now is 1.35% at April 27th 2019. Change Banks!!

trompfy
trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The worst savings account ever

They closed my NetBank Saver without any warning at all so I complained to them but they totally ignored me and they were very rude to me and to my Mum as well.

John Rogers
John RogersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Last Straw

CBA Netsaver used to have a decent interest rate but somehow it declined to .5%. If you tell the bank that you want more they will give it to you but why should you have to ask. They must assume that most customers won't ask. I am therefore moving all of my accounts to MOVE bank who have far superior accounts.

Himali
HimaliAdelaide

My interest goes down every month!

I started the account last year and my deposit amount had increased gradually now to more than double as I put my earnings in this each week. I have noticed I received about $8 as my monthly interest back then but now I notice my interest is $4. What the hell? I deserve more than that. How does the interest go down as the deposited balance grow? They lure us in to opening an account with a higher rate and sneakily reduce the rate later.

Mr Unhappy
Mr Unhappy

Being Forced to join NetBank

Behram
BehramSydney

Not good enough !!

After giving away my laziness i just realised that it has the lowest interest rates in Australia. There are many banks out there with better interest rate on savings accounts and with same level of customer service(which is honestly quite good)

Vineetkumar
VineetkumarMelbourne

No BPAY. No Automated transactions. No Online Transactions.

It does not an alternative of the transaction account. I cannot pay my bills online, I cannot set direct debit for my loan or credit card payment online. I cannot do anything with my money in this account. Even transfer of my money from this account to transaction account happens after a day. So if I need money in an emergency my money cannot be helpful to me. ANZ's Online Saver is quite better.

Savy s
Savy sNewcastle

1.05% is incredibly low

Commonwealth savings accounts have incredibly poor interest rates and always seem to be reducing much quicker that other banks. They offer a reasonable interest rate to get you to open account (eg 2.5% and then drop this to 1.05% within 3 months). Other banks are offering 3% with no drop. Go elsewhere.

GavPerth

Shockingly low credit interest rate

BEWARE! The credit interest for NetBankSaver has dropped steadily even though there have been no changes to the Reserve Bank Rate. The rate is now 1.05% which is shockingly poor. You can get double to triple this rate at a number of other institutions.

Gav

CBA should remove the word "Saver". Interest rate is now only 0.5%. What a joke!

Read more reviews - page 2