Commonwealth Bank Pensioner Security

Commonwealth Bank Pensioner Security

See the Best Transaction Accounts in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Commonwealth Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.5
MrsThrifty
MrsThriftySouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful account for over 55's, or people on a pension.

Xkirrose
Xkirrose

Good

This is a free account for pensioners, with a set amount of free transactions. Commonwealth has the most amount of branches and ATMs, which makes them the most accessable in Australia.
This account is free for pensioners and over 55s. You have the option of keycard access or a passbook if you prefer older style banking, making visiting the branch a must. Accounts can be accessed by phone banking and the internet. Overall it is a comparable product to all the banks
There are only a small amount of free transaction, and if you write cheques and its in excess of your free limit, it costs $1 for each cheque.

Michael Hall
Michael Hallasked

I have a Pensioner security account with your Carindale Branch.

I am in NZ and haven't activated my card, its now obsolete. My Passport has expired and I won't be travelling anymore.
I would like to close my account and have the funds transferred to my NZ account.

Can any one help me please?
Michael Hall
julieandmick0@gmail.com
NZ 4 5672327

Frank Hargreaves
Frank Hargreavesasked

When I try opening one of these account on-line I am told that I am not eligible for this product.
I am an Australian resident, 79 years of age and receive the age pension.
I have tried asking CBA help desk about this but they were useless.
Does anyone know why i'm seen as not eligible?

Merril
Merrilasked

Can I have direct debits withdrawn fortnightly from the PSA?

Anonymous762
Anonymous762

Yes, you can, I have done fortnightly this with my electricity bill when I had the Pensioner Security Account.

See all Commonwealth Bank Pensioner Security questions