Coopers DIY Beer Kit DBK676

Coopers DIY Beer Kit DBK676

See the Best Regular Beer in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Very Disappointed

I bought a new kit from Aldi a few weeks ago. I use to brew years ago and I thought it might be time to get back into it. I have owned many kits in the past with out any problems at all. As im not a beer drinker (I usually drink Ciders, Hard Lemonade and Spirits) I always go by my own recipes. I spent 1 hour and a considerable amount of money on ingredients brewing a batch on the stove only to relise when it came to filling up the fermenter that it was only a 12 liter kit. No where on the box does it say it in 12 liters. I feel ripped off as i cant return the kit and I will never have use for a half size kit.

Not very good value for money

I expected better from Coopers, being a fully owned Australian company. This was a gift, and it seemed like a great idea/hobby at the time. Upon unpacking the kit (which was fully sealed), I discovered a small cockroach inside the box. There was no cleaning or sterlisation products inside the box, as all items were already sterile, so I had to go and purchase some sodium percarbonate just to be safe.
There was no bottle brush.
The beer it came with was pretty ordinary.
After an accident with the plastic hydrometer 'melting', I went to a local homebrew shop (to buy a hydrometer), to find I could purchase a similar starter kit for less (but came with more). I have since purchased another 2 fermenters from the hbs, and I am achieving satisfactory results with their advice. I am now using glass bottles, and the beer tastes better.
Pretty Box
Plastic bottles. plastic hydrometer. No Cleaner, sanitiser/steriliser. No bottle brush.

I entered competition with my code and it keeps telling me code has already been submitted this is wrong as i have code from diy brew kit so how can someone else have submitted my code? I am the holder not someone else thats cheated and stolen my code. Please help me with answer.
Not sure how to best answer this, but this is one of the many pitfalls of purchasing from a chain store, (where most of these kits are sold). People open things, take them back, staff are unaware etc. I would take it back for a refund (provided you have the docket) if possible. Independent brew stores offer better value kits, with reasonable shipping prices.