DeWalt DW735-XE

DeWalt DW735-XE

Mikey DCanberra

Alot crammed into a compact unit.

The DW735-XE thicknesser is a powerful compact unit that can run 330 mm wide material at 3mm each pass. This thicknesser has a 2 speed selector which allows fast or slow runner speed depending on the finish that is desired. Even at the faster cutter rate, the timber comes out with a beautiful sheen. The unit itself has an inbuild extractor run by the motor that allows chips to be expelled from the cutter block.
This machine has lived up to its reputation and I cant wait to use it more in the future. Highly recommended

F M Eugene WhiteMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

DeWalt DW735-XE Thicknesser

Davidasked

Is it off putting with the imperial scale? - I usually finish my timber to metric. How do you find the planer knives that came with it? Do they blunt easily? And what about the rubber rollers, do you ever get any problems with slippage?

Hello David.
Firstly I purchased mine when they released them with a metric scale which comes in handy as we use metric mainly in Australia. However the newer models are imperial as you have noticed which I can imagine is hard to get an accurate reading as we always use metric which is alot simpler.
The planer blades are of good quality. I've run through both hard and softwoods and still are sharp, however I only do small jobs with them. They are designed to be disposable thus the double sided blades however they do have a little depth on the bevel to allow sharpening. Overall decent blades for the money.
As for the rubber rollers, I have no problems with them. I keep them clean so they don't clog up as to keep up optimum machine performace. Keeping your bed clean and waxed also helps reduce the possibly of slipping as it allows material to slide easier along the metal bed.
Hope I have helped and please feel free to ask any more questions if you need help.

Thanks. Very informative.

F M Eugene White

My planer has mainly metric scales, the only imperial scale on it is on the right hand side on the depth setting scale and that scale has metric on one side and imperial on the other. The depth of cut scale is metric and the thickness stop scale is also metric. I purchased my planer In December 2015, I would be surprised if DeWalt have decided to ship units to Australia with just imperial scales since I purchased my unit but perhaps they have. Have you actually looked at the planer in a store to check the scales as it is possible that even Australian sites such as Sydney tools are using illustrations based on USA advertising so the scales would be shown as imperial, its just a thought but worth checking out. As far as the blades go I agree with Mikey they are of good quality and cut well, If you are going to push through a lot of tough hardwood then they will naturally suffer but being two sided is a bonus. I have experienced no slippage problems with the rollers but like Mikey I keep things clean and the bed waxed. I find the planer is the best I have ever used and I have used at least four other brands.

Get an answer from our members and Dewalt representatives