MPNs: 200589-01 and 35904950

See the Best Handheld Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great product

Great for vacuuming on floorboards and especially our staircase as its light to carry and picks up everything.
But the negative about this product is the bin it didn’t open easily and needed to be replaced after a few weeks of use.

Purchased in June 2019 at eBay for $299.00.

Product is used: Daily
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Wood

Overpriced for the quality

We have found that this is expensive and bit of it have broken and now cuts in and out regularly. Find it's heavy to hold above my head to do ceilings etc.

Purchased in September 2015.

Product is used: Monthly
Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Tiles and Wood
We are sorry to hear your Dyson DC58 is cutting out. We are happy to help get this rectified. Please just forward your details to auaskdyson@dyson.com and our Dyson Experts will be in touch to assist. We look forward to hearing from you.

May as well use a broom

This vacuum started off great however after 6months (floor boards only) stuff started to collect in the bristles of the head of the vacuum, meaning anything larger than a grain of rice on the floor spins and flicks back out of the head, rather than being sucked into the barrel. Cleaning the bristles between use doesn’t help as anything (such as animal hair) that you vacuum up next time just wraps around the bristles.
The barrel is very small and difficult to empty.
I contacted customer care however that was no use. The vacuum now just sits unused.

Battery Life

Very handy product, perfect if battery could last longer.

we had this for 4+ years now, light, handy, powerful. only down side is the battery died in about 2 years. Dyson customer service was great and provided a replacement free of charge. however the replacement battery also died in less than 2 years. so had to purchase battery replacement again. hopefully they can improve the battery life longer than 3 years, which is the warranty

Great product!

I love this little Dyson!

It’s perfect for cleaning the car, or giving a quick whip around small spaces.

The battery life is excellent and charges quite quickly also. There are a range of nozzles which makes it suitable for a lot of uses.

Easy to empty and keep clean!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Love the Dyson Animal

This is the best vacuum I have ever owned. the suction is amazing time and time again. it is reasonably light weight, easy to push around and with the swivel head makes it easy to get into those hard to reach places. I highly recommend this product. It is great value for money that's for sure.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

How did I survive before owning this?!

My dyson handheld 'dustbuster' has been absolutely amazing!! With a 5 year old and an inside dog it certainly gets a work out everyday and it never fails to impress me. And even better that I got it in a big sale at 50% off!! But I would definitely be willing to pay full price for it.
I have tiles through my whole house and it is great for quick clean ups especially sand at the front door from my son's school shoes, dog hair and crumbs!
I use it multiple times a day, every day and it has made keeping on top of the dust and floors so much easier!
Highly recommend!

Excellent handheld vaccum cleanrer

Purchased this hand held vaccum cleaner a few months ago and its been excellent at everything its been thrown at. Particularly good at getting dust and animal hair from carpets etc. It is easy to clean and each of the attachments works well. I am very happy and it was well worth the price.

DYSON ANIMAL CUSTOMER CARE IS IN DIRE STRAITS

Can't get a replacement battery anywhere in Australia. They are $90 each!!! Wait time on the phone was suggested at 76 MINUTES!!! Yes you can't even get through on the phone. Emailing was responded with "we will reply within 7 days". So I now tried to call again. No batteries in Australia for a month. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Hi there, Thanks for your review and we apologise for the delay in response time. We have encountered an unexpected high volume of inquiries recently. Please note we expect a large delivery of the V6 batteries next week. To discuss this further with us please email our Dyson experts at auaskdyson@dyson.com including your contact details, your product review and the machine's serial number. This is different from our advertised email address and we will be in touch as soon as possible after receiving contact from you. Best wishes, Mira www.facebook.com/dysonThanks you Mira. I will note the email address and follow up next week. This is so frustrating purchasing an excellent item, that BANG ON out of expiry it breaks down and the battery is my problem. Grrrr. But I do appreciate you replying.Just to let everyone know.....I know have a battery!

So Good For Car Upholstery

We have the most hair attaching black clothe seats in out car and Milo just makes the biggest mess shedding hair. We rely on the Dyson so much that I dont remember what we did without it. I love it in every way except battery life - I always feel that I want it to go a bit longer. I usually use some sticky rollers to finish up if we really want the car to be hair free but the Dyson gets 98% of it. Its easy to move around and easy to empty too. We will get the newer model once this wears out,

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Love it

It works really well. Great if you have messy kids and consrantly need to quickly clean up crumbs. The suction is fantastic and its fast and easy to charge in between cleaning jobs. Great to use in the car also so you dont have to drag out a full vaccum.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

My most loved home appliance

Very lightweight and easy to use on just about anything. I clean my car with this, my couch, kitchen bench, sometimes even the floor. It is a must-have especially for pet owners. Considerably long use for a few hours charging. I keep it on the charger at all times so I can count on it in any situation.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Dyson DC59 Nails any other Vacuum to the Wall!!

Talk about a brilliant vacuum, this unit actually makes vacuuming fun!
I vacuumed my house with my old vacuum then used the Dyson DC59 to “go over” where I had already vacuumed.
I can’t believe how much dirt I pulled out of the lounge with the upholstery brush!
Its dual power mode pulls dirt from places where I never thought it would gather.
It is also nice and light and easy to take out to the car for a thorough vacuum.
Even though it has a time limit on the highest power, I find that I have NEVER had to recharge the unit just to finish the job.

I know that stores are now selling look-a-likes but seriously, this original unit is one of the best things I have ever bought and I look forward to cleaning, just to see how much dirt that I can gather each time.

Brilliant!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Perfect Help For Your Mother

We bought this for my mother, last year. She is so happy with it. The suction is amazing, and basically better than all rivals, I feel. She only has had Dyson Vacumn Cleaners in the past, and when this easy Animal Stick came, she was hot to get it! We don't even own any pets, anymore...but it's put to good use nonetheless. A happy customer, a happy mum!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great for dog hair

I use this everyday on my timber floors. I have a staffy that drops a lot of hair all the time and really good for keeping on top of it. Be good if the battery life was a bit longer though, apart from that, very convenient and great suction! Like that it is wall mounted for easy access

Date PurchasedJan 2017

You won’t be disappointed.

The Dyson has been the most realiable and longest vacuum I have had to date. It’s easy to maneuver and it’s not noisy. I use this for my 2 storey place on both carpet and tiles especially after our baby has finished her meals! It is super easy to clean and reassemble.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Love Dyson, wouldn't go back.

The animal is awesome. The attachments click on and off with ease. The bucket is easy to empty. It just feels like a quality product and works really well. So I'm a big fan of Dyson. The charger is great and mounts to the wall. It doesn't last a super long time but that's ok, and it can feel a bit heavy in one hand but overall, I love it.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Sucks like a pro

Very light and easy to move around a top class vacuum cleaner and further price is definitely worth it's value would recommend this is perfect for my small apartment but can handle much more than that it's quite a lot of Carpentaria dog hair and general do and it can handle it quite easy and I don't have to emptyit's quite a lot of Carpentaria dog hair and general do and it can handle it quite easy and I don't have to empty it that often

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Excellent suction for those pesky pet hairs

The Dyson DC58 was a second cordless vac purchase (in addition to the V6 model) in order to pick up the endless supply of dog hair around the house. The Dyson cordless is a lifesaver, it is lightweight, easy to use and manoeuvre. This model does not come with the stick attachment to vacuum floors however I can easily use the attachment that came with my V6 model as the attachments are interchangeable. This model comes with a motorised head designed to pick up more pet hairs. I find the suction on this model slightly more powerful when compared to the V6 model. The battery life is similar to the V6 model, enough to vac 3 bedrooms, living area and kitchen. There's also a turbo boost function if you need the extra power to vac stubborn areas. The cordless vacs are great, perfect for in-between weekly vacs however I have started to use them for the weekly vac as well as they are just as powerful as any floor vac.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

This is a great portable vacuum cleaner

Powerful suction and charge up to full with two hours. Love it as I do not need to drag a cabled vacuum cleaner around. Useful also to suck insects with ease. I use it to vacuum my car too. The only drawback is the vacuum container which does not release as easy as one thought.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Why is it called Animal and how does it differ from the Dyson V6 trigger please
Its called Animal because its best suited for pet owners as its easier to pick up all types of pet hair. I dont have the Dyson V6 stick vaccum but a family member does and they say it works great for picking up their dogs hair especially on carpet. I have two Dyson vaccum cleaners. The Dyson ball multi floor vaccum cleaner I find is great for larger areas of my house. Hubby uses it heaps in the Garage when he’s building stuff. The other is a hand held Dyson v7 trigger great for picking up after our kids, my long hair, vaccuming the cars and staircase as its lightweight, easy to clean, and charges on the wall quickly and also its cordless. We are very happy with both of our Dyson vaccum cleaners one of the best purchases we’ve made. No issues at all with this brand. I hope this information of mine helps you.Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this answer. It has been most helpful

How well does this vacuum handle long hair? I have an older Dyson handheld vacuum, and am forever cutting my own hair from the head! I'd love a vacuum that can handle this better!
The Dyson DC58 features a rotating brush bar to dislodge dust and dirt, and from time to time the brushbar may need to be cleared of hair and debris. The brush can be removed from the head by using a coin to remove the cap holding it in place, and pulling the brushbar out. This makes cleaning the brush quicker and easier. We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Hi there, I have a Dyson DC58 V6 can i attach an extension pole and head to this or does this particular model not allow this?
Apologies for any disappointment, however the wand and floor tool for our V6 machines aren't available as accessories for machines that didn't originally come with them. Should you have any further queries, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and we are only happy to help.

CategoryHandheld Vacuum Cleaners