Dyson DC58 Animal

MPNs: 200589-01 and 35904950

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

4.1

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (1)
  • Battery Life
simon4222

simon4222South East Queensland, QLD

Dyson hand held DC58 V6 Trigger conversion to full Hand stick

I Purchased a Purple wand for the Dyson DC58 V6 Trigger. It works on the V6 and DC59. I purchased the purple Wand to turn it into a full hand stick. I also purchased a generic Dyson head which is great for $28 but its a little smaller than the original with smaller wheels. It works well and does get the job done. The original heads are so expensive. The V6 is very powerful compared to the old Dyson 59 Hand stick.

It is also very handy when you can easily convert the DC58 V6 to a full hand stick. I use it for the car and the house.

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys Online store for A$249.00.

Product is used Rarely
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Joe

JoeSydney, NSW

Great Product

I purchased this vacuum 3 years ago and unfortunately the battery recently died. After calling Customer Service, they sent out a complementary replacement battery, which I greatly appreciated. Hopefully, the battery will last, as I love this handheld vacuum. So easy to use. Thank you Dyson! Great service!

Purchased in October 2016 at David Jones for A$300.00.

Battery Life
Product is used Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Modern WomanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great product

Great for vacuuming on floorboards and especially our staircase as its light to carry and picks up everything.
But the negative about this product is the bin it didn’t open easily and needed to be replaced after a few weeks of use.

Purchased in June 2019 at eBay for A$299.00.

Product is used Daily
Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Wood

Carolyn S.

Carolyn S.Sydney, NSW

Overpriced for the quality

We have found that this is expensive and bit of it have broken and now cuts in and out regularly. Find it's heavy to hold above my head to do ceilings etc.

Purchased in September 2015.

Product is used Monthly
Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Lauren

LaurenSouthwest, VIC

May as well use a broom

This vacuum started off great however after 6months (floor boards only) stuff started to collect in the bristles of the head of the vacuum, meaning anything larger than a grain of rice on the floor spins and flicks back out of the head, rather than being sucked into the barrel. Cleaning the bristles between use doesn’t help as anything (such as animal hair) that you vacuum up next time just wraps around the bristles.
The barrel is very small and difficult to empty.
I contacted customer care however that was no use. The vacuum now just sits unused.

H W

H WAU

Very handy product, perfect if battery could last longer.

we had this for 4+ years now, light, handy, powerful. only down side is the battery died in about 2 years. Dyson customer service was great and provided a replacement free of charge. however the replacement battery also died in less than 2 years. so had to purchase battery replacement again. hopefully they can improve the battery life longer than 3 years, which is the warranty

Tillie

TillieBrisbane

Great product!

I love this little Dyson!

It’s perfect for cleaning the car, or giving a quick whip around small spaces.

The battery life is excellent and charges quite quickly also. There are a range of nozzles which makes it suitable for a lot of uses.

Easy to empty and keep clean!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Christopher West

Christopher West

Love the Dyson Animal

This is the best vacuum I have ever owned. the suction is amazing time and time again. it is reasonably light weight, easy to push around and with the swivel head makes it easy to get into those hard to reach places. I highly recommend this product. It is great value for money that's for sure.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Tegan

TeganSouth Hedland

How did I survive before owning this?!

My dyson handheld 'dustbuster' has been absolutely amazing!! With a 5 year old and an inside dog it certainly gets a work out everyday and it never fails to impress me. And even better that I got it in a big sale at 50% off!! But I would definitely be willing to pay full price for it.
I have tiles through my whole house and it is great for quick clean ups especially sand at the front door from my son's school shoes, dog hair and crumbs!
I use it multiple times a day, every day and it has made keeping on top of the dust and floors so much easier!
Highly recommend!

Charlie

CharlieOran Park

Excellent handheld vaccum cleanrer

Purchased this hand held vaccum cleaner a few months ago and its been excellent at everything its been thrown at. Particularly good at getting dust and animal hair from carpets etc. It is easy to clean and each of the attachments works well. I am very happy and it was well worth the price.

DYSON ANIMAL CUSTOMER CARE IS IN DIRE STRAITS

Can't get a replacement battery anywhere in Australia. They are $90 each!!! Wait time on the phone was suggested at 76 MINUTES!!! Yes you can't even get through on the phone. Emailing was responded with "we will reply within 7 days". So I now tried to call again. No batteries in Australia for a month. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Disgruntled

Thanks you Mira. I will note the email address and follow up next week. This is so frustrating purchasing an excellent item, that BANG ON out of expiry it breaks down and the battery is my problem. Grrrr. But I do appreciate you replying.

Disgruntled

Just to let everyone know.....I know have a battery!

Chapel7

Chapel7melbourne

So Good For Car Upholstery

We have the most hair attaching black clothe seats in out car and Milo just makes the biggest mess shedding hair. We rely on the Dyson so much that I dont remember what we did without it. I love it in every way except battery life - I always feel that I want it to go a bit longer. I usually use some sticky rollers to finish up if we really want the car to be hair free but the Dyson gets 98% of it. Its easy to move around and easy to empty too. We will get the newer model once this wears out,

Date PurchasedAug 2017
anna

annaSydney

Love it

It works really well. Great if you have messy kids and consrantly need to quickly clean up crumbs. The suction is fantastic and its fast and easy to charge in between cleaning jobs. Great to use in the car also so you dont have to drag out a full vaccum.

Mila

Mila

My most loved home appliance

Very lightweight and easy to use on just about anything. I clean my car with this, my couch, kitchen bench, sometimes even the floor. It is a must-have especially for pet owners. Considerably long use for a few hours charging. I keep it on the charger at all times so I can count on it in any situation.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Mark Alsop

Mark AlsopSydney

Dyson DC59 Nails any other Vacuum to the Wall!!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Su!

Su!Victoria

Perfect Help For Your Mother

We bought this for my mother, last year. She is so happy with it. The suction is amazing, and basically better than all rivals, I feel. She only has had Dyson Vacumn Cleaners in the past, and when this easy Animal Stick came, she was hot to get it! We don't even own any pets, anymore...but it's put to good use nonetheless. A happy customer, a happy mum!

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Holly

Holly

Great for dog hair

I use this everyday on my timber floors. I have a staffy that drops a lot of hair all the time and really good for keeping on top of it. Be good if the battery life was a bit longer though, apart from that, very convenient and great suction! Like that it is wall mounted for easy access

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Dianna Jabbour

Dianna JabbourSydney

You won’t be disappointed.

The Dyson has been the most realiable and longest vacuum I have had to date. It’s easy to maneuver and it’s not noisy. I use this for my 2 storey place on both carpet and tiles especially after our baby has finished her meals! It is super easy to clean and reassemble.

Date PurchasedAug 2014
Olivia

OliviaCairns

Love Dyson, wouldn't go back.

The animal is awesome. The attachments click on and off with ease. The bucket is easy to empty. It just feels like a quality product and works really well. So I'm a big fan of Dyson. The charger is great and mounts to the wall. It doesn't last a super long time but that's ok, and it can feel a bit heavy in one hand but overall, I love it.

Date PurchasedMay 2014
Shaun B

Shaun BWA, 6111

Sucks like a pro

Very light and easy to move around a top class vacuum cleaner and further price is definitely worth it's value would recommend this is perfect for my small apartment but can handle much more than that it's quite a lot of Carpentaria dog hair and general do and it can handle it quite easy and I don't have to emptyit's quite a lot of Carpentaria dog hair and general do and it can handle it quite easy and I don't have to empty it that often

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Morty

Mortyasked

Can the Dyson dc58 have a stick connected to it

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The Dyson DC58 is designed to be used as a handheld machine, and as such, isn't designed to have a wand attached to it like our cord-free vacuum cleaners. Apologies for any disappointment.

If we can assist with any further queries, or you would like to know more about our current range of cord-free machines, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

Floraasked

Why is it called Animal and how does it differ from the Dyson V6 trigger please

Modern Woman

Its called Animal because its best suited for pet owners as its easier to pick up all types of pet hair.
I dont have the Dyson V6 stick vaccum but a family member does and they say it works great for picking up their dogs hair especially on carpet.
I have two Dyson vaccum cleaners. The Dyson ball multi floor vaccum cleaner I find is great for larger areas of my house. Hubby uses it heaps in the Garage when he’s building stuff.
The other is a hand held Dyson v7 trigger great for picking up after our kids, my long hair, vaccuming the cars and staircase as its lightweight, easy to clean, and charges on the wall quickly and also its cordless.
We are very happy with both of our Dyson vaccum cleaners one of the best purchases we’ve made. No issues at all with this brand.
I hope this information of mine helps you.

Flora

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this answer. It has been most helpful

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The Dyson V6 Trigger and Dyson DC58 Animal are both handheld machines designed for quick spot cleans, and both come with a combination tool and crevice tool.

The difference between these machines is the DC58 Animal (now superseded), also came with a mini motorised tool for powerful pet hair pickup in confined spaces.

We hope this helps, however if we can assist further, our Dyson Experts are available via auaskdyson@dyson.com and happy to help.

SBReview127

SBReview127asked

How well does this vacuum handle long hair?

I have an older Dyson handheld vacuum, and am forever cutting my own hair from the head! I'd love a vacuum that can handle this better!

Dyson Team ..Dyson

The Dyson DC58 features a rotating brush bar to dislodge dust and dirt, and from time to time the brushbar may need to be cleared of hair and debris. The brush can be removed from the head by using a coin to remove the cap holding it in place, and pulling the brushbar out. This makes cleaning the brush quicker and easier.

Get an answer from our members and Dyson representatives