2Ekodeck Composite Decking

91% · 43328 · 6%

David
DavidSydney, NSW3 posts
  Verified Designer Series

A flexible product with a classy finish

I used the designer series decking for an all weather seating solution on an empty brick planter box. The result is delightful and serves as a wonderful seating and play area for family and friends. Show details
Tim
Tim6 posts
  Verified Designer Series

Looks nice, too soft and easily damaged

Went for Ekodeck designer as a mid range composite option and found the installing fairly straightforward once I had the framing right. Aesthetically it is no match for hardwood but the easy maintenance is what you're using it for anyway. My biggest gripe is how soft the product is. It is easily scratched and once it is, there is no hiding it. Marks really stand out. If it had a hardness/janka rating it would be on par with pine I suspect. If your not expecting much wear and tear and want the convenience of composite this is a solid option. If your deck is exposed to moderate wear/abuse, I would consider Trex or hardwood. Show details
Belinda
Belinda
  Verified Designer Series

Deck addition onto newly built home

Looks amazing, much better up close than opposition products.
Highly recommend. Show details ·  1
Bradley H.
Bradley H.2 posts
  Verified Classic

Great product

Replaced old timber deck, it is like WOW. Just love it. Nice and clean lines, sorry I did not do it earluer Show details ·  1
Tony
Tony

Eko-easy

Easy to install and looks great. Shame it only comes in 1 std length - 5.4m. You need to really plan the layout to avoid lots of wastage Show details ·  1
Adam
Adam

Great for the money

So easy to work with and the boards look so realistic unlike a lot of other brands.
It's good how they make two different colours on opposite sides of the same boards Show details ·  1
Jenny S.
Jenny S.
  Designer Series

No pots

I had Ekodeck light grey installed 12 months ago. Love the feel and ease of it BUT if you want to pot plants on your deck go a darker colour as I have had nothing but problems with staining from water overflow and scuff marks. No products work to clean off marks of soil, rust even those recommended by Ekodeck as I contacted them for a recommendation. Have spent a fortune on plant stands to lift the pots off the deck but not really helping.
Robyne F.
Robyne F.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW3 posts
  Verified Designer Series

Great venture for a BBQ area

Delighted with the product and the service provided. The range is good colour wise. Colours will match with any previous roofs and buildings. We have not finished our project as yet will provide a photo when completed. We first came across this product at Bunnings (Wagga) and a gentleman named Graeme was most helpful with information on this product. So far I am delighted with the progress. Thank you for your help. Show details ·  2
Henry.sh
Henry.shSydney, NSW5 posts
  Classic

Great product

I am carpenter installing ekodeck for almost 2 years , never had any complaint from customer about this product, easy to install, only issue is need to careful when moving anything on to avoid scratches,
I recommend Show details ·  1
brendon
brendon2 posts
  Designer Series

Eco-Deck static electricity

Hi team, i am noticing lots of static electric build up and it's really having a affect on my son - We have color bond fence around the sides would this be the issue with the eco-deck? I can see you sent another person a sample of the acl static thing to try, Do you mind sending me one to try? Show 2 replies
Allan
AllanSouthern and Hills, SA3 posts
  Verified Designer Series

Looks good & very easy to lay

Excellent Product, easy to set up as long as care is taken with setup of support joists Show details ·  1
Peter A
Peter A3 posts

Poolside Deck with sunken spa

I found the decking was easy to work with and the fixing system is especially simple and effective to use.
Looks great and people have commented that it definately does not look like it was installed by a DIYer! Show details ·  1
John B.
John B.Illawarra, NSW
  Verified Classic

The beauty of Ekodeck as a screen or flooring

I used Ekodeck to screen off the underside of our rear deck which also had Ekodeck flooring on it. The side screen looks fantastic and will require no maintenance which is the beauty of Ekodeck. Show details ·  1
Chris
Chris

Easy, user friendly experience

New to deck building, the system was super easy to use, there was a mountain of information on the internet and on YouTube which also helped. I also loved the pre-packaged fasteners which meant I didn't have to buy everything individually. Show reply
Pete
Pete

Excellent product service

Review is for product sample & excellent service in sending us your sample pack for customer review of decking types.. very quick turnaround from request to having in our office in Hobart… well done Ekodeck Show details ·  1

Elle Drescher
Elle Drescher · Composite Decking

Hello, how does Ekodeck go in the tropics? Will it withstand the Darwin rain and humidity?

Ekodeck   DM

Hi Elle, Ekodeck has been installed all over Australia, including Darwin, and is made for Australia, so no issue with installing in Darwin!

John D. · Classic

If Ekodeck classic is not high in stain resistance can you seal it?

Ekodeck   DM

Hi John, we don't recommend sealing Ekodeck Classic, as most products will not adhere to the boards due to the plastic component in them.

Most stains can be easily cleaned off using a pressure washer with a fan nozzle attachment!

John D.

Thanks for your reply. Sounds easy enough to clean off stains then. Just another question, why is the warranty different ie lower than the designer range?

Tony K.
Tony K. · Composite Decking

I have an existing deck which is ~ 15-20 years old, ~ 2m above ground.
A drawing of the shape of the deck can be found here: https://pasteboard.co/L6eIJ2dsh5bB.jpg
I don't have the option to use breaker boards as this was not catered for in the original design
Centre-to-Centre joist spacing is 450mm.
I have read the installation guide which advises against butt joints 'Due to the thermal expansion properties of Ekodeck+ we advise against the use of butt joints, regardless of the size of your deck.'

My questions:
1) Is Ekodeck not an option for me and does using butt joints void the warranty?

2) If ok to use Ekodeck, should I use the expansion gaps table when leaving a gap?
For example, I have a stretch of 7.6m, I can use a 5.4m board-->2mm gap(for 5.4m board)-->1mm gap(for 2.2m board)-->2.2m board.

So basically a 3mm gap in this case if the temperature is 20 degrees C

3) What would the suggested approach be with butt joints positioning, alternating?
1st - 5.4m-->2.2m
2nd - 2.2m-->5.4m
3rd - 5.4m-->2.2m
and so on

I kind of had made up my mind to use Ekodeck vs Merbau Timber and was just about to order it but then I noticed the section about butt joints.

See all Ekodeck Composite Decking questions