2Ekodeck Composite Decking

Verified🏆 2024 Award
4.5

455 reviews · Statistics

91% · 41527 · 6%
See the Best Products in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ekodeck Composite Decking455 reviews
Dwaine B
Dwaine BQLDFar North Queensland, QLD
  Designer Series

It’s great to use and work with

Good afternoon.

I was hoping to get some advice on the allowable overhang for the ekodeck edge board. I will be using it as an edging around my pool.

The old deck was Kwila and was decked to the edge, without a boarder/edge board.

Does the edge/last 25mm need to be supported underneath or is it strong enough to be used as an overhang. The C clip will be fixed 10mm from the edge.

Thanks in advance Dwaine . Show details

Joe Baiads
Joe Baiads
  Designer Series

Our new deck

Best thing we ever put down. Looks fabulous and so easy to clean and maintain. Would definitely recommend it. Show details
Wayne
Wayne

Satisfactory Result

A good product consistent in colour and size. Only issue experienced is the quantity of fixings I needed to purchase for my small project. A half bucket of 3 mm spacing would have been more than adequate. Show details ·  1
Dale
Dale

Pretty good product

Really good product. Website was somewhat misleading on quantity which was dissapointing. The installation/fixing pack stated enough for 100 lm, but only came with a handful of clips (for face boards meaning another trip to Bunnings.
All in all it’s a very good product, hopefully long lasting.
I would recommend 3mm spacing, the 6 looks too big I my opinion. Show details ·  1
andy.baker.75054
andy.baker.75054SASouthern and Hills, SA5 posts
  Verified Designer Series

Nice addition to the property

I recently had a new Ekodeck designer range installed under a new pergola. It really does sit well in the space.
The only downside is it gets extremely hot to touch when the sun has been on it, but that was to be expected due to the composite design.
All in all I’m happy with my purchase Show details ·  1
Adrian
Adrian

Pool deck

We built our deck around our pool with the Eco deck and absolutely love it. It is really finished off our pool perfectly thank you Show details ·  1
Eduardo
Eduardo
  Verified Designer Series

Most realistic composite decking product

Sample order and delivery was flawless. Nice set, with brochure and accessories. I was enticed by the reviews, particularly about service. I pass through my builder for quote, as being my supplier and product of choice. I only wish there were more options available. Show reply
Peter
Peter

Finishing Touch

I have found Ekodeck very easy to work with, it gives a great finish to your outdoor living areas and pool surrounds. It does get hot on the feet when exposed to the Queensland sun but overall, a great product to use. I would recommend this product to everyone. Show details ·  1
Paul
Paul
  Verified Classic

Absolute dream to work with

Used Ekodeck to line the walls inside a poolshed, product was amazing to work with. No issues with saws or drills becoming blunt Show details ·  1
Michelle
MichelleVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Verified Designer Series

An excellent alternative to timber decking

Ekodeck was easy to install with an abundance of easy to understand installation guidance available online. The overall look is very attractive, realistic & tidy. And for ease of long term maintenance, it can’t be beat. Would definitely use & specify again. Show details ·  1
Andrew
AndrewNSWSydney, NSW4 posts

ekodeck

Eko deck was okay, I would use it again, but it is more suited to a standard deck design rather than a complex design. Show details ·  3
Webbie
WebbieSunshine Coast15 posts
  Classic

Not very impressed

I purchased 8 thousand dollars of ecodeck screening and I would never use it again. It's too flexible, not cut straight and it cracks on the edges if you screw it too hard. Only good thing about it is, you don't have to paint it. Show details
Mark
Mark
  Verified Classic

Good product, solid and strong just too pricey

Solid planks make for a much more stable finished product, invisible screws make for a neater finish and a repetitive pattern makes for seamless joinery. Two major faults with Ekodeck, the first and foremost is the dollar value, it is far too expensive compared to other brands with very similar finishes. Secondly and a fault with most decks is the spacer/clamp "gap" should be minimum 8mm to allow the head of the screw driver to pass through without a chance of damaging the sides of the planks. Show details
Vinnie
VinnieNSWSydney, NSW
  Verified Flame Fighter BAL29

Looks great.. the envy of the neighbourhood

We recently replaced our deck and due to BAL used flame fighter series. It has turned out much better than we expected and given its in a covered area hope we can enjoy it for many years to come.

The neighbours have similar BAL requirements and it looks like they have been won over by ekodeck too Show details ·  1

Eurobed let down
Eurobed let down5 posts
  Verified Designer Series

Stunning, transformed the entire area

Couldn't be happier with this decking product, the finished result is beautiful Show reply

Tony K.
Tony K. · Composite Decking

I have an existing deck which is ~ 15-20 years old, ~ 2m above ground.
A drawing of the shape of the deck can be found here: https://pasteboard.co/L6eIJ2dsh5bB.jpg
I don't have the option to use breaker boards as this was not catered for in the original design
Centre-to-Centre joist spacing is 450mm.
I have read the installation guide which advises against butt joints 'Due to the thermal expansion properties of Ekodeck+ we advise against the use of butt joints, regardless of the size of your deck.'

My questions:
1) Is Ekodeck not an option for me and does using butt joints void the warranty?

2) If ok to use Ekodeck, should I use the expansion gaps table when leaving a gap?
For example, I have a stretch of 7.6m, I can use a 5.4m board-->2mm gap(for 5.4m board)-->1mm gap(for 2.2m board)-->2.2m board.

So basically a 3mm gap in this case if the temperature is 20 degrees C

3) What would the suggested approach be with butt joints positioning, alternating?
1st - 5.4m-->2.2m
2nd - 2.2m-->5.4m
3rd - 5.4m-->2.2m
and so on

I kind of had made up my mind to use Ekodeck vs Merbau Timber and was just about to order it but then I noticed the section about butt joints.

Wayne Calder
Wayne Calder · Composite Decking

Has anyone installed Ekodeck in Ballarat area that is not under cover? We are planning on installing about 48m2 that will be exposed to the weather on the west side of our home? I'm concerned about how it will stand up to the climate over time. Thanks in advance. Wayne

David C.
David C. · Composite Decking

Hi have a undulating walkway up to rear of garage and can be slippery in hot weather n bare feet. I have slipped over once. Is there a anti slip product to apply to save accidents

See all Ekodeck Composite Decking questions