Exped Megamat 10 LXW

Exped Megamat 10 LXW

See the Best Outdoor Beds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best investment for camp sleeping

We decided to buy 2 of these hoping they lived up to the reviews. Safe to say that they didn’t disappoint. Worth every cent for a great night sleep. So comfortable and warm for those cooler nights. Very compact and light for a self inflatable mattress. They will be used for many more camping trips in the future

The Best Large Camp Bed - No Competition

When researching to replace our then current camp beds for an upcoming 3 week 4x4 tour, I looked for weeks. Focusing on quality of build and comfort above all else.

There are a lot of beds that make claims about comfort, portability and quality. I can say that the Exped Megamat 10 is the only one that backs up the claims.

It one of the highest cost Camp Beds, but once you have your first comfortable nights sleep, you know it is an investment well made.

The bed inflates and packs down well, the separate inflate and deflate valves work extremely well. I am 110kg and even laying on my side there is no “bottoming out” at the shoulder or hip of the bed to feel the ground below.

I have slept on the Bed for about 40 nights now and cannot fault it to date. From 15 degrees to -6 deg it has worked flawlessly. It is one of the best items of kit I have purchased. Pound for pound, worth every cent.

Best Investment for camping I've made to date

MARSHMALLOW BED Lives up to its name. I wouldn't be without my Exped Megamat now. I have always hated hard sleeping surfaces and have tried several different types of beds for camping (air beds are cold and make me sweat, stretchers are too hard, could always feel the ground with plain foam, 4WD mats are heavy and cumbersome) This is miles ahead of anything else I've owned/tried. These mats are "bonded" (Meaning the outer fabric later is glued to the foam core) so when it is inflated and you lay on it, the fabric can't "pop up" away from the foam core (which means you would sink in the middle and your feet pop up higher, something that happens with cheaper type 4WD mats as the outer layer isn't glued to the foam.) So you DON'T TOUCH THE GROUND once laying down. These pack smaller and lighter in comparison to cheaper 4WD mats. They inflate and deflate quickly and it doesn't take gym arms to pack them away. They are well insulated (so you won't ever feel the cold) and the fabric is soft to the touch so you don't squeak when you roll over (like you do on an airbed) I recommend this bed to EVERYONE. They start at around the $290 mark (king single) but they are worth EVERY PENNY and are the best nights sleep you will have while in the great outdoors.

How difficult is it to get up off the floor? Id also like to use not only for us camping but for grandparents visiting (near 70yo) but concerned it would be too low. Any thoughts? Or ideas?
Hi Jack, as all self inflating mattresses are only 5-12cm thick (This one is 10cm thick) they are very close to the ground. Probably not suitable for grandparents unless you put it onto a taller stretcher.