Facebook Marketplace

Facebook Marketplace

1.5

Emma

EmmaSydney

Unhappy experience one after another

I tried to sell some items on Marketplace because I was moving out. Most buyers are really unreliable. Some promised to pick up the items at certain times and dates, and asked for my address. Then, they did not turn up without any notice. Furthermore, no reply even if I asked them if they were running late. Have we become this rude and selfish? Through the experiences on Marketplace I became disliking human beings more.

Xiansheng

XianshengSouth East Queensland, QLD

Facebook Marketplace arbitrary irrational listing bans

Nig...

Nig...Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Scammed on fb market place. Scammer still active

Scammed out of $1700 for an iPhone 12 Pro max which turned out to be a Chinese counterfeit. Face book does not acknowledge or respond to incident reports and scammer still has fb privileges.

Daniela

DanielaPerth, WA

A very frustrating experience as a seller

Shishay Leader

Shishay LeaderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sold product while actively buying

Actively buying when seller sold product to another person, seller unavailable to meet up same day, told to meet up next day in City. Travelled 1hr drive to meet up sent message I'm here at agreed time and place only to received a message from seller sorry product already sold.
Worst experience ever Facebook doesnt do anything you all you can do is just block and report, you cant leave feedbacks, this is my first and last doing Fb market.
Good day

Ian Levitt

Ian LevittVictoria

Facebook marketplace sponsored ad scam

bought a saw for $80 on a sponsored ad, received a cheap 50 cent necklace instead. Hope I can get a refund from paypal.

Fahad K.

Fahad K.Sydney, NSW

Terrible community

I listed a product around december 2020 from Ozmobiles company, later i started getting violent messages that i am a scam althought my job is a lister only and not the actual seller!

Due to this^ i got removed and also got hate speech, and also they did not accept my allowance to re enter the market. Very awful people in charge also. Not just the community but also the admins are terrible! They should really look at their clients responses, i got falsely reported where as they should have been banned! Please do not visit this page

Kijiji and Facebook Marketplace just ignore then

I was a victim of a Facebook Marketplace scam. I checked everything I could reasonably for the item in question but it was a counterfeit. Facebook doesn’t allow you to even leave a review of the seller or notify them the fraud. Once the seller takes down their item there is no way to report them. Additionally the review is not posted until the SELLER submits a review so we can’t warn other buyers of the fraud.

Deleted Facebook app and Messenger after my experience.

Ceedy

CeedyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't trust sellers who state that they are going to sent purchase by post - They Don't!

I purchased clothing from a lady who stated that she would send the clothing by post. I transferred her the money plus the postage fee. I never received the package, I messaged her but never got a response! Ebay is a much better platform to buy from because if you don't receive the package they will refund the buyers money. I contacted market place who did nothing about the missing items. BUYER BEWARE! Market Place does not take accountability, they don't want to know. I would only buy from Market Place again if I was able to pick up the item! Never will I pay for a purchase and have it posted! BIG MISTAKE!

Melissa

MelissaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Not any better than Facebook platform itself

Fergo

FergoCanberra 2600, ACT

crap customer service

Crap customer service. I listed monty python dvd's and they banned me because they thought I was selling animals yet they allow other people to sell monty python dvd's. They also ban listings which were perfectly legal and I can't appeal because no one real responds. I hate them.

Joseph

JosephMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dodge seller on Facebook plane model

Facebook has an ads on model plane: Remote Control, rechargeable, can carry a phone to sky, wind from turbine can even blow down a brick. Only US $26, A$40. I bought it. It is a model plane but lack of any feature of above. It is unable to recharge, so in 5 minutes ran out of battery and died.
No Remote Control.
Only worth A$10 my kids said.
So I think Facebook should compensate my loss.

Gold Coasters

Gold CoastersSouth East Queensland, QLD

About 20% chance of selling

About 1 in 5 buyers stick to their word. Facebook marketplace have about 20% of genuine customers the rest are total time waisters. The ones that negotiate never turn up and make excuse after excuse.

Mick

MickRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Lots of flaws

Firstly you can't set an alert, you have to reset the filters every time you look for the same catagory of item, you can't share an add by email outside FB, also a huge amount of ads that have nothing to do with what you are searching for.

John

John

Marketplace is a big scam

People around Australia be careful Facebook market place is becoming a big scam they're allowing scamartest to Constantly to Operate on Facebook marketplace. There's car's it's going for very cheap prices which is a big scam and video ads from China they're all scam's as I have tested these companies buy perching products and got usb mailed with tracking after complaining to Facebook, they still allowing these scamer's to operate on their paid ads because they're making money on the ads. Facebook is a big scam government needs to Shut this scam companies down asap b4 people of Australia loose the money they have after the coronavirus.

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't believe what you see.

Fake prices, people are always selling an item for someone else, how many cars are for sale for $7000, including 3 - 4 year old cars worth almost 3 times that. Try buying one for that price. The marketplace is a joke.

Mezzanin

MezzaninIllawarra, NSW

Good place to sell locally

I'm going to give Facebook Marketplace 5 stars purely because I sold everything I wanted within one weekend at my asking price. This isn't to say it wasn't stressful though, but that's hardly Facebook's fault, it's because people lack common decency nowadays. Some buyers are just plain inconsiderate and will not turn up when they say they will and then finally turn up when you've offered it to the next person in line, creating frustration all round.

Gordon F

Gordon F

Market Place Face Book - Sponsored Ads - scams

Just a follow up on previous post. The specific company that is operating in a very dodgy fashion and not responding to requests and not providing the product that was ordered is as follows: I'm posting this to warn other if they see them on Market Place (or anywhere) run a mile. You will get scammed. They are: Usedgettingfun also trade as Yokawa Network Limited. be warned, don't touch them

2009 Mazda 3 Red - 1se 8yr (1SE8YR)

I’m writing this regarding a 2009 red colour Mazda 3 Sedan car. It was in 2/93 Wilmot road, Shepparton. Seller name was [name removed]. They told me it was an very good condition car and they didn’t mention anything on Advertisment description. So I went for the inspection and the car was looking nice. So I made an deposit and they asked me to come after Road worthy test. Before I go to buy this car I check the PPSR then I recognize it was an wrecked car. Then I asked them to refund my deposit but they refused it. Now they again advertising the same car from her husband profile. His name is [name removed]. Be careful with these sellers.

MissP

MissPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Facebook Marketplace scam

Facebook marketplace is good for little local things. BUT When you see an ad that’s too good to be true, do some research. Most scams ask you to contact the seller via email, then you’ll get a response from them normally saying they work remotely or overseas etc
An example I’ve experienced is from Alevit Aline selling a 2014 Mazda who supposedly works with Royal Australian Airforce.
Another one is from gumtree who wanted to buy my car, forgot the name but he ‘works’ at sea for oil in NZ.
Watch out, the ones who make you send emails to contact are usually the scammers.