Ford Focus

LW Mk2, LW Mk1, LS, etc...

• Braking

Mg08

Mg08Hunter Region, NSW

Owner of three LR Focus’

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in April 2018 for $4,500.00.

Jenny I.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

transmission clutch shudder

Have car back into dealer this week as slipping in gear then not being able to get reverse gear. This will be the 7th or 8th time the same problem has been fixed and quite frankly I'm am over it. I travel on my own a lot and never know if or when this problem will happen again it's quite frightening. Car manufactured December 2012 and I purchased it in June 2013. I love a lot of thing about it except for gearbox.

Purchased in June 2013 for $21,000.00.

Craig

CraigGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lemon broken faulty Car from new that has cost me thousands in "Attempted repairs"

Purchased in December 2015 for $33,000.00.

Deano

DeanoPerth

A Fabulous Advertisement for Ford's Competitors

Dzenan

Dzenan

Melon of a car

Purchased in September 2016.

Perfect Small Car if you’re in the Market!

We bought the car in 2013 brand new, a 2013 Focus Titanium with the Sports Executive Pack petrol and its been a terrific car throughout the 150,000kms we’ve thrown at it. It’s really a drivers car and handles beautifully, and it has lots of tech including Adaptive Cruise control which takes a bit of stress out of freeway driving. The only thing is the smaller screen which hasn’t been too much of an issue, it’s really simple to use despite all the buttons you’re inundated with! 10/10! Will definitely be buying another Ford Focus!

Purchased in March 2013 for $34,000.00.

Steven P.

Steven P.

Lemon

I purchased my 2012 LW Ford focus 6 months ago, the car has travelled 58,000 kilometers, it's a 5 speed Manual and the electric power steering Assist has failed twice and once while driving almost causing an Accident. it now needs a new power steering rack that will cost well over 2,000 dollars to replace and get fitted. the check engine light has come on twice also. I'm getting it fixed and will be looking at trading it in for something else.

bearcat91BEACHMERE

Poor Quality Vehicle

Purchased in September 2020 for $27,000.00.

Noise Level
Jill B.

Jill B.

Loved the car BUT dual clutch went at 60,000 km, Ford uninterested, then again at 69,000 km!

Being retired we use the car for local trips or longer road trips. Car used 4-5 times a week and is regularly serviced by Ford or NRMA Motorserve who replaced the clutch at 60,000 at our expense. We wrote to Ford Australia and they told us "out of guarantee" The dual clutch went again on a country trip at 68,000 km. Assessed by Ford service centre as having "failed". Told it would be replaced under guarantee by Ford for Free. Waiting for 2 weeks....

Purchased in March 2013 for $25,000.00.

Ford Focus SA ST-Line Hatchback

Perfect first car with all the safety features and modern goodies. One of the best cars to drive, sticking to the corners even when giving it a boot full from the Michelin Pilot Sport rubber. Can’t complain about the noise from the 3 pot either, very sporty after all it is the ST-Line Model. Can’t wait to soak up the open road and clock those kilometres up as I’m sure it will be very reliable unlike the troublesome LW model with the Powershift transmission.

Purchased in June 2020.

Best Car I’ve ever Owned!

Bought a 2011 Focus Trend Sedan Powershift used July 2018. Been an awesome car ever since. Very fuel efficient, really fun to drive, loves the corners. The boot has good space and is spring loaded so you just press the key and open it goes. 10/10. Onto the next Focus now!

Purchased in July 2018.

Tyrone Bandara

Tyrone BandaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very unreliable car.

2013 model purchased from a dealership for $10k in 2020.
Automatic transmission failed.
Unknowingly had 2 recalls.
Ford didn't even send a letter/email/call about the recalls.
Rung Ford and they couldn't book it in for over a month. So do I just keep paying for this car while it sits for over a month and pay even more to hire a car to use while I wait. Poor effort from Ford, both with their products and service.

Purchased in January 2020.

6inOZ

6inOZAU

DO NOT!! I REPEAT DO NOT BUY ONE!

My 17 year old daughter saved up 8k to buy a decent car! She bought a 2012 Ford Focus less than a year ago and had so far spent over $5k!! It’s a piece of absolute crap! I feel so sorry for her! And don’t even get me started on the recall!!! Steer well clear! She could have bought a brand new Kia with 7 year warranty! But only just learning that now!!

Purchased in July 2019 for $80,000.00.

Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refined and sporty

Spiro H.

Spiro H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well Built

I have just sold my 2017 LZ auto hatchback. In my 2 and a half years of ownership I found it to be well built with few discernible rattles or squeaks, the structure was very rigid. The rear view camera is large & clear. The controls are simple to use and it had a good heater and cool air conditioning. Over 18,000 km I averaged 8.8 L/100 km, with 90% of the km's being city/metro driving. It's initial acceleration was not overly brisk but once at 40 km/h and above its mid range performance was strong. At 110 km/h its revs were 2,000 rpm. The ride was a bit firm around town, dropping the tyre pressures from the recommended value helped improve the ride. Overall I was happy with the car and had no problems.

Purchased in November 2017 for $22,500.00.

Find out how Ford Focus compares to other Cars

Zippy car with plenty of features

Purchased in February 2020.

David B.

David B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A Great Car

Purchased in April 2017 at Etheridge Ringwood for $27,000.00.

Oranges

OrangesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So impressed - better than I imagined.

Very happy with my Focus sport, great handling especially on winding roads - sticks to the road, so easy to handle and so responsive. Great acceleration -I beat everyone off the lights even the most powerful cars.
Comfortable drivers seat. Plenty of oomph to overtake on highways.Everyone who has driven my car is impressed - a delight to drive.

Purchased in January 2019 at Ford Dealers for $25,300.00.

Jasmine V.

Jasmine V.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

2014 Ford Focus lemon

I purchased a Ford Focus 2014 model.
59,000kms only 5 months out of warranty and my steering rack has failed. There was a recall for the 2014 Ford Focus manufactured in August between the 8th and the 15th for steering gears incorrectly placed. Mine was built on the 15th of August 2015 but yet no recall was accompanied with my vin. I nearly had an accident when it failed. Ford have declined to fix this under good will even though it’s a manufacturer fault.

This is happening too often. Accidents, failures. It’s a joke. We should all come together and actually take these issues to the media. Out them and show Australia how crap there vehicles are.

Purchased in February 2020.

Michael