Brilliant and so smooth and quiet.

Bought the Titanium MY 18.75 model last week and what a fantastic decision it was. This car is so nice to drive, smooth, quiet and powerful. What this car does not include should be on the list. Voice recognition is outstanding and seamlessly connects to my mobile phone within seconds of starting. Safety features are incredible. Can't wait to finish working out all the gadgets and how they function. Very under rated car and should definitely be pushed much harder by Ford. Love it.

Purchased .

Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Absolutely the best car ever!

I do not know where to start.. this mondeo we bought which is the titanium diesel is incredible so very reliable. Fuel consumption is amazing.. we get 1000 km's per tank around town! Air conditioning. is freezing cold.. transmission is so smooth. We drive our mondeo 3 to 4 times per week. Servicing is done only at ford. The boot is massive .. larger than our ford falcon boot which was our previous car. Engine bay looks great and enough space to to work on the motor if need be. Electric heated seats are a plus and work fantastic. We have never had any issues with our Mondeo. The sun roof works perfectly. No issues with our mondeo which we have had under 1 year . The leather is still immaculate .. it is not the usual cheap leather used in cars in Australia.. probably as it is a European made car. Best car ever for comfort, reliability and quality!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Beautiful car to drive

I love my car it’s awesome reliable lovely to drive couldn’t be happier leather interior, its a turbo diesel drives smooth and also has a sunroof I could not of asked for a better car i love showing it off it sticks to the road and has awesome performance must have

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Hidden gem of a car

My first Modeo wagon was back in 2010 and this is my third one(renew every 3 years) and the best so far. This car has excellent road handling, heaps of torque, all the bells & whistles you need in a car such as
-easy to use touch screen with no fuss sat nav
-alloy wheels
-driving lights
-huge cargo space
-usb ports
-great sound system
- parking sensors
The list goes on. I also occasionally drive my wife’s Audi and this car comes pretty close for comparison to drive.
I do approx 45,000 kms a year and have had no issues with any of my Mondeo’s.
If your looking to buy a wagon just take it for a drive, you wont be disappointed.

BadgeAmbiente
Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great vehicle .. early Mondeo tarnished this one for no reason

We had a 2009 petrol Mondeo for 6 years and only problem was manifold swirl flap solinoids went faulty with a code coming up . Cost was $150 to replace. That also increased the performance of the engine too. Please of leg room in the back and a very generous hatch area.

BadgeTrend
Date PurchasedJan 2003

Performance advantages

I think it's very good in terms of performance, and it's very quiet
I love the interiors, the only thing that's not enough is the internal space
Clutch joint point is very good grasp, but the various stalls are relatively smooth. Car steering power is just right, but there are auxiliary parking and other intelligent systems, parking in a bit effortless, security greatly improved.

BadgeST
Engine Size2.0L Petrol
Date PurchasedApr 2015

Great car!

Been an amazing car. No issues at all. Love it and will keep this car for a long time. Drives really well. Comfortable on long trips. Heaps of room. Highly recommend it.Made in Belgium by Ford. Europeans know how to build cars. Nice styling and shape.Cannot believe no issues in 9 years.

BadgeXR5 Turbo
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedFeb 2009

Love this beauty.

Well I have always been a Mondeo Man. Used it in UK for more than 5 years, use this beauty down under. No major problems. I drive around in Tasmania so sometime cold starts gives me a knocking sound. But after 15 minutes drive it goes off otherwise its a brilliant vehicle. Good average 6L/100 KM in highways and urban driving gives me around 7.4/100 KM. Love to drive this European/American beauty in Australian roads.

Date PurchasedJun 2011

Best car I’ve driven or owned

I bought my Mondeo not long ago at 120k kms. After all the bad things japanese car lovers told me and advised on American car. I will tell you this:

- Ford Mondeo beats all Japanese nonsense by miles.
1. Economic: 8,5L/100km city driving, much much much cheaper than my friend’s camry (10.2L/100km)

2. Power: my car is turbo charged, overtaking is literally at ease.

3. Design: HELL YEAH! It looks so freaking goodcompare to others in the same class!

4. Safety: 5 stars, 6 airdbags, thick panels all around the car. You feel very safe and well protected.

5. Noise cancellation is superb, diesel but listening to music is such a pleasure with this car.

6. Practicality: my dad is 6’3. He said the car is ridiculously spacious. ;))

7. Interior finishes are much more appreciated, with many extra functionalities ( hill holder, cruise control, abs, sensors back and front...)

Final words, if you are young and looking for a first car, don’t go with japanese, imma tell you. The design and practicality of japanese craps are way too outdated! (No sensors even on 2012 models???? Wth)

Get ford mondeo I’m sure you’ll be impressed

BadgeZetec TDCi
Date PurchasedMay 2018

Underrated car, such a pleasure to drive

One of the best cars I have driven.
The drive is firm and comfortable and has all the features you expect in a more expensive car.
The interior space is amazing and when you fold down the rear seats, the capacity is comparable to a mid size SUV.
I bought the car brand new and now after 1 year with 30,000 klms on the dial, it still feels great and i’m still excited to drive it every time i get in.
The retail price for the Titatium is quite pricey but i manage to get a great deal which makes it worth it.
The turbo Diesel engine is punchy and is smooth on highways and even around the city. Considering its a diesel, its relatively quiet inside.
I haven’t had any issues yet so can’t comment on those.

Likes:
- Adaptive cruise control with lane departure
- Sync 3 entertainment
- Heated seats in winter
- Legroom
- Driving experience overall

Dislike:
- Service cost

Date PurchasedJul 2017

What a great car

We have for many years bought ford focus cars as they were very good but this year we decided to buy a Mondeo and we are truly very very happy with it .I love everything about it and it goes very well (petrol turbo not diesel turbo )
After driving it now for close on 6 months the only thing I don't like is the auto headlight dipping and I am sure that if I read up i will find a way to stop this making it in my eyes perfect

BadgeTrend
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Transmission is faulty put in park and rolls forward, put in reverse and rolls forward

Not happy with ford vehicles in general because of problems I’ve had with 2015 kuga replacement motor replacement transmission which I had to pay for it and 40 didn’t want to know about it and didn’t answer my phone calls. Disappointed and forward seven forwards in the last 12 years and will never buy forwards again, what the hell, Ford are going downhill. Which I had to pay for and ford didn’t want to know about it and didn’t answer my phone calls.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Nice

I personally think that the car I chose to buy was a far more superior drive to even the newer ones I looked at. Performance is on tap, handling a little heavy, but I like that in a car. Hardly know it’s a diesel until you clock 900ks and still have room to move. Interior is hands on, easy to reach and navigate. Only dislike in this model/ year is where the window switches are located. Behind/ underneath door armrest. A little ‘ out of the way’ but 1st world problem. Being 6’2”, legroom is fantastic front and rear.

BadgeZetec TDCi
Date PurchasedMar 2018

It never actually let me down on the side of the street, but it has way too many issues - STAY AWAY!

Performance - average
Handling - a bit uncomfortable
Noise - diesel, so not the smoothest ride
Major issues - Erratic behavior of the automatic transmission - QUITE UNSAFE
-Blowing black smoke - had to take it to the service shop under warranty at least 4 times before it stopped blowing black smoke that would get in the cabin.

Minor issues - Cruise control broke and I fixed under warrranty. It would never last more than 3 months, I would have to go again.
-Window auto down/up works intermittently
-Rear bumper bar are two sides that always come off - I had to reattach a few times.
-Floor mat holders (driver side) broke (cheap Chinese Plastic) within the first 6 months.
-If the car stationary on up/down hill for more than 20 minutes, it will mess-up the gas level indicator

Honestly, I've spent so much time with this car in the service and wasted so much time, energy and money that I can only say - STAY AWAY FROM FORD.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Amazing

Well I can’t brag enough about my ford Mondeo sedan 2017. 6 months old and it is a dream to drive. The safety features is what I liked most initially. But since driving it and I only recently put it in sports suspension and sports mode that I was blow away. The adaptive cruise is also amazing. I have alwYs driven Camry. But I won’t go back.

BadgeTitanium EcoBoost
Engine Size2.0L Turbo Petrol
Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great driving car

Well after much consideration what to buy after my Ford territory I bought the Ford Mondeo titanium wagon. Hard to find to test drive but hunted and found one.
I was not disappointed. Beautiful to drive, comfortable and quiet. But best of all the diesel engine does not have that terrible hesitation on take off that the territory had.
It's lacking a row of seats and some ground clearance but I only used the 3rd row in the territory about 10 times.
Plenty of electronics if that's your thing.
Worth the money if your looking for a$50000 station wagon.
No issues. But the AC could be cooler in the hot temps.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Better fuel economy than LPG

I drive 210km per day to work because I get paid good money, but the company won't allow anyone to work from home, even though we could. Sound familiar? I live so far away from work because I couldn't afford a house closer. Public transport isn't an option because it takes 3.5 hours doing Bus/Train/Bus. I want to see my family.

I've been driving factory fitted LPG Falcon Wagons for over 10 years due to their economy and room for large loads. But as Falcons are no longer sold I had to find an alternative. Looked at LPG Holden Wagon Cruze, Commodores and a few others. Until I discovered Diesel. No one ever told me Diesel was so fuel efficient. It blew me away. I get 1,100km per 65 Litres on one fill up! vs LPG 650km per tank fill. I'm now spending half the time at the petrol station. My Mondeo has now done 260,000km. No mechanical issues, though you do go through brake pads & rotors faster or Ford service could be ripping me off? I'm told the brakes use softer compounds to increase braking power which results in quicker wear. Though I did 80,000km off the rear pads compared to 120,000km on the Falcon. At 80,000km Ford said I needed to replace REAR rotors until I pointed out that they changed them last time with the pads. 80,000km on rear rotors. I don't think so. Then later that day they said they could machine them. Ford ? $$$ Hmmm.
I would have moved to Diesel years ago had I know about its economy. As for diesel servicing costs, cheaper than petrol cars because you don't have to service fuel injectors, they don't have them.
The Ford Mondeo wagon's rear room size is the same as the LPG Falcon. Bearing in mind the Falcon has the spare tyre standing up in the back because of the LPG tanks. So no tyre in Mondeo equals same space. The Mondeo Diesel can tow a 5.5m aluminium boat.
Mondeo has plenty of guts, BUT it does have something called Turbo-Lag. Sometimes at intersections you put your foot down and nothing happens for a few seconds. Then all of the sudden the engine wakes up and the wheels spin and you take off. It's a Turbo-Diesel thing I'm told. For me it's an issue when you're trying to whip out into a gap in heavy traffic. The "whip part" can sometimes not happen. You roll out. Anyway for me I just drive with that in mind and when it happens try not to be in anyone's way. I drive 50/50 freeway/city.

I would definitely buy an another Mondeo Diesel, provided a bunch of University Graduates haven't altered the newer models and stuffed something up. Believe me, I've lost count of have many times something great has been turned to crap in the name of change.
So make sure the reviews you're looking at are the same model car.

TransmissionDCT
Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Transmission issues

The ford mondeo is not a good car. After 5 months i started having transmission issues. Took it to several places and costing hundreds, it still isnt fixed. I finally got into a ford machanic and was told to cut my losses and sell quick as possible. To fix the 2 sences in the gearbox would cost me around $5000. I saved everything to buy this car and now im stuck the a broken car, no savings and faults after faults

BadgeLX TDCi
Date PurchasedDec 2016

Forget about an SUV - get the Mondeo wagon

Purchased a 2012 TDCi wagon. Fabulous car for fuel economy & great safety rating. Drove Melbourne to Cairns, cost only $220 in diesel. Great with overtaking & on the open road. Not as smooth to drive around town, but only making this comparison to my previous vehicle (2012 Ford XR6). A very spacious, reliable, & trouble free vehicle. Had looked at SUV's in the same catagory, however price & vehicle boot size couldn't be compared. These wagons are fantastic value for money.

BadgeLX TDCi
Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great family wagon

Purchased second hand due to needing a wagon and better safety rating than our older car. The diesel is fume free, economical and quiet. I had to get used to the blinker being on the wrong side for Australia. The seat is very comfortable front and back, suitable for large and small people.

Date PurchasedAug 2016