Glamrdip

Glamrdip Questions & Answers

Verifiedglamrdip.com🏆 2024 Award
Necola J.
Necola J.

What sort of sanitiser should I use for the prep step? I have foaming sanitizers & gel sanitizers, but I'm worried that they may leave residue on my nails. Both contain Ethanol. Thank you.

GLAMRDiP   DM

Hi Nicola, great question! While both foaming sanitisers and gel sanitisers containing ethanol can be used for the prep step, we highly recommend using Isopropyl Alcohol if possible as it tends to evaporate quickly and doesn’t leave any moisture on your nails.

That being said, if you prefer using foaming or gel sanitisers, that’s perfectly fine as well - any moisture left typically won’t make too much of a difference. We’d just emphasise making sure to apply your Bond liberally to ensure that your nails are completely dry before proceeding.

We hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions and we’d be more than happy to help x

KrissymmmPerry
KrissymmmPerry

I’m a glitter fan but like half of my nails a plain colour & now find I’ve got glitter specks through my large brush. Any tips on how to beat clean it? Thanks

GLAMRDiP   DM

Heya, great question! We find the easiest way to clean your brush is right away if it gets some colour on it. Just apply some warm soapy water and it should come out. For Glitters and colours that have fully set in, we would squirting some of your Remove solution on a wet wipe and wiping through the bristles of your brush until they come free and following up with washing under water. We hope this helps, let us know how you go and if you have any questions at all x

Jen o
Jen o

I am a bit confused about the nail tips - in the instructions it says to apply to ends of nails but if you have the ballerina tips to apply to base of nail -

GLAMRDiP   DM

Hey Jen, great question! For our Crease Nail Tips (Coffin/Square/Stiletto), these are applied at the end of your nails where the indent on the tip is. Our Full Coverage Nail Tips (Almond/Ballerina) on the other hand are applied over the entire nail. Please feel free to send us an email at 'support@glamrdip.com' and we'd love to run through this in detail with you :)

Nita
Nita

Can you use Glamrdip for pedicures? If so, how do you do it?

Deeba
Deeba

Hi Nita, I haven't personally used it for that purpose but I guess it would be the exact same process involved as doing it for your fingers. It might be tricky dipping your toes in the powder polish however.

Smylee H.
Smylee H.

How many times do you need to dip your nail into the powdered color before you get a nice thickness ?

GLAMRDiP   DM

Thanks for reaching out! For maximum durability, we would usually recommend:

1 layer of clear as a base powder
2 layers of colour powder
1 layer of clear as a top protective layer

So 4 layers in total, 2 clear and 2 colour.

In saying this, the layering is completely up to you and how'd you would like to apply the layers. You definitely can add extra layers or reduce layers however we find this is a good general foundation to build up the strength in your nails to prolong durability.

The main thing here is that we want to apply the layers very thin to build up the strength rather than thick and gloopy. This is as thick layers will actually reduce durability however also often doesn't look too nice either!

We hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other questions and we'd be happy to help x

Karen R.
Karen R.

My nails are seriously damaged, very short and loosing my thumb nails because they are so damaged and soft. This may be my last resort. Is it safe for this before I spend a lot of money on it?? Many thanks

Nancy P.
Nancy P.

It looks amazing but how do you remove old colour?

Elisa dela Pena
Elisa dela Pena

Same as SNS. Dip in pure acetone. Foil them or with heated acetone.

GLAMRDiP   DM

Thanks for reaching out, that's a great question! You can check out our Remove Tutorial Video here, we recommend going through it once all the way through just to get a broad understanding then watch it and pause as you go.

Video: external link

Removal is actually super easy and we recommend using our remove solution for the quickest removal (15 minutes soak time) however, you may use any generic nail polish remover (we recommend an acetone-based remover however soaking times may vary with different products).

Our Remove solution contains acetone, vitamin e and calcium. Acetone is often misconceived as damaging to the nails, however this isn’t the case. The only way you will damage your nails is by pulling or scraping them off so this is super important to avoid.

We hope this helps, please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions at all x

Fiona C.
Fiona C.

Chipping after 2 days. 4 layers on. What have I done wrong?

GLAMRDiP   DM

Heya Fiona, something definitely doesn't sound right here and we're really sorry that this is happening! Could you please send us a DM or email to 'support@glamrdip.com' and we'd love to help you here. We are confident we can help increase your durability and are committed to helping you resolve this x

Geegee.xo
Geegee.xo

I’ve applied mine twice now, application was so easy and removal was really quick and nails didn’t feel compromised while bare.
My only issue is after one day 1 there were visible cracks in my colour and by day 2 there are multiple chips out of the corners (top of my nails).
My first application I applied 1 coat clear, 2 coats colour, one coat clear. My second application I thought maybe applying an extra layer of colour would help the cracking and chipping as it would make it thicker, but the same result occurred.
I followed all instructions really closely, I’m very confused about what I’m doing wrong? Maybe I’m filing them too thin?

GLAMRDiP   DM

Hello, awesome to hear regarding your application and removal, however we're so sorry to hear about your durability issues! We'd love to take a proper look into this with you if you had photos we could refer to that would be amazing as it can be a little bit tricky to diagnose the exact issue. It sounds like there could potentially be a contamination in one of your liquids which could be causing this and we'd be more than happy to send some replacements if so. We're confident we can get to the bottom of this and help make a drastic difference in your durability as we usually expect 2+ weeks even when starting out. Could you please send us a DM or email to 'support@glamrdip.com'? Looking forward to hear from you soon x

Carla Maria d.
Carla Maria d.

Hi,
I loved this product, however, I've been following all the steps as recommended, including applying bond and my nails still chip. Sometimes even the entire acrylic comes off at once. My other question, is there something I'm doing wrong because my nails seem to be thinning with the product. I would love to use it again, so any help is recommended! Thank you!

GLAMRDiP   DM

Oh no Carla! Something definitely doesn't sound right here and we're so sorry to hear this :( Could you please send us an email to 'support@glamrdip.com' and we'd love to help you here. We are super confident we can help increase your durability and ensure no damage occurs to your natural nails. We are committed to helping you resolve this and look forward to hear from you

Helen L

Do you put the base coat on each nail individually and then dip or do you put it on all fingers of one hand and then dip one after the other?

Lisa
Lisa

This is the steps I use. Ignore glitter if you do not put glitter one

1. File all nails for rough surface
2. Bond all fingers
3. Base 3/4 of nail on for 1 hand (brush off dust everytime dip)
4. Base and dip in colour
5. Base and dip in colour AGAIN
6. Base and dip in glitter
7. Base and dip in clear
8. Seal
Wait to dry, start other hand

9.Base 3/4 of nail on for 1 hand

15. File 180 on first hand to make all smooth
16. File 240 on first hand to make smooth

17. File 180 on second hand to make smooth
18. File 240 on second hand to make smooth

Use babywipe to clean all dust off hand or wash hand
19. Seal all fingers
WAIT 3 MINS
20. Glow, 2 coats
21. Heal after dry

GLAMRDiP   DM

Hey Helen, great question! We recommend applying Base to each nail individually and then dipping to make sure it doesn't begin to dry :)

Helen L

Thanks for the replies. I presume you only use bond if you’re applying tips. Is that correct?

Nicola
Nicola

I use base on each finger individually. Bond is a dehydrator so I use in my natural nails to get rid of excess oils regardless of I'm using tips.

Holly B.
Holly B.

How long does application take start to finish

Olivia
Olivia

Depends. Sometimes I just use one colour, other times I add decals and ombré effects. You also get better and quicker the more familiar you become with the product. I would say an hour for first timers. If you have experience with doing nails then quicker.

Khrystel Clair
Khrystel Clair

Hi Holly. I manicured my nails the day before. I have done one application and it took approximately 1hour which I thought was good for my first application. It was much easier to do than I thought it would be. I am really happy with the result.

Theresa H.
Theresa H.

Has anyone who is allergic to other forms of nail products eg. acrylic, gel, shellack used Glamrdip please ? I was able to have my nails done for 10 years then became allergic to something that is in all the other products mentioned above so I would love to know from members who have also experienced this but have had success with this product.

GLAMRDiP   DM

Thanks for reaching out, great question! In regards to your sensitivities, we've had a lot of great feedback from customers who have experienced sensitivity issues with other systems and have had great results using our products.

May we ask if there is a specific product you find yourself sensitive/allergic to which we could look into?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon x

Lynda
Lynda

I have the same issue as Theresa. I used the Sistaco nail system for about 6 months and then developed an allergy to the base and top coats. My fingers got rashes like hives all over them. And my toes!

Hi Theresa H.

I am also allergic to all the products you mentioned. Did you end up trying Glamrdip? If so how did it go allergy wise for you.

Hi Theresa H.

Susan G.
Susan G.

can I please add Glitz as my 4 th colour to my kit ? & how do I do it please , this is my second kit as I love theses products

GLAMRDiP   DM

Hey Susan, we're so glad to hear this! Could you please send us an email at 'support@glamrdip.com' or a message on either Facebook or Instagram and we'd love to help you with this.

Looking forward to hear from you soon x

Sarah C.
Sarah C.

Looks great but how come you don’t need a drill to smooth the finish? Are they thick and lumpy?

GLAMRDiP   DM

That's a great question! You definitely don't need a drill to achieve a Salon Perfect Mani with our system. All of our kits include a manicure kit with 2 different nail files and a cuticle presser.

We do recommend a file after you've applied your dip layers to help smooth out the finish before sealing and finishing with your Glow.

If you find your manicure has any lumps or bumps this step also allows you to buff to a smooth finish. It can take a bit of time buffing out at the start however this will get much easier when you perfect the base application. In saying this, if you're happy with your application you can definitely skip this entirely!

One thing we recommend is to make sure to give your powder a quick shake with the lid closed tight and a stir with your cuticle presser to make sure the powder hasn't clumped together.

In regard to the application however, we find that the best way to create a nice even and thin surface, is by working your way slowly towards the cuticle line and edges of your nail with each base application.

Charlie and Michelle H.
Charlie and Michelle H.

No one mentions the removal process. How easy and successful is that? In the salon that's the part that takes up the most time. I'm keen to hear about your experience of removing this product from your nails before you redo your nails.

Lea
Lea

I purchased a bottle of 100% pure acetone just from a beauty supply shop. I pour this into a bowl and like at the salon I put a bit of paper towel in the bottom of the bowl and I’ve even been doing the bowl a hot water under it too. Have to make sure you file off the clear top layer from the nail as well and then the process only takes about 10 minutes.

Video: external link

OneBad B.
OneBad B.

Hi, I have seen the ads for glamrdip and I was wondering if you could just it straight on your nails without the tips? Is it like sns nails and how long do they last? Thanks.

Pauline
Pauline

Yes absolutely that’s what I do … I don’t use the tips

GLAMRDiP   DM

Hello Thanks for reaching out and thank you for your response here Pauline!

Our system is designed to be used on your natural nails (no matter the length) as well as nails with tips depending on your preference

You can check out our range of nail tips here: external link

Please let us know if you have any other questions x

Best Regards,
GLAMRDiP Support

Lynette L.
Lynette L.

Do you remove the previous mani before doing the next one

Nise23
Nise23

Yep and I did that for the first time yesterday and that’s was an easy process too! They have a great Facebook group with loads of questions and answers.

Laura
Laura

Yup, they have a product you can purchase which is called Remove, you can also just buy pure acetone and it does the same thing. There are a few ways to remove and everyone has success or failures with each one so it’s just a matter of finding out which one works for you. The Facebook group is amazing tho, heaps of hints and traps and support from the Glamrdip family on there.

GLAMRDiP   DM

Thanks for reaching out Lynette and thanks everyone for these awesome replies Whilst you can do infills, we don’t recommend it as the removal process is important to gauge the health of your natural nails. If they are covered all the time, we can’t do this, so we recommend removing them for best practice!

Removal is actually super easy with our Rice Soaking method and we recommend using our remove solution for quickest removal (15 minutes soak time) however, you may use any generic nail polish remover (we recommend an acetone based remover however soaking times may vary with different products).

Our remove solution contains acetone, vitamin e and calcium. Please feel free to DM or Email us for our Remove Video Tutorial and full Remove Instructions

If you have any other questions just let us know and we would be happy to help x

Mariana M.
Mariana M.

Honestly, how do people get it to stay chip free for more than a week?? I have done my nail 3 times already, followed all the steps to the t and it always starts chipping the next day. My nails are not that thin, although I can see first ones to chip are the thinner ones. I really wanted this product to work for me but it’s not, any tips? Cheers

GLAMRDiP   DM

Hey Mariana, This definitely doesn't sound right and we're really sorry to hear this!

We'd love to help you here and are confident we can increase your durability. Could you please either send us a DM on Facebook or Instagram or alternatively send us an Email at 'support@glamrdip.com'.

We are committed to helping you resolve this, looking forward to hear from you soon x

Katrina
Katrina

I just follow the instructions

Abbey  The Ponds
Abbey The Ponds

How easy is it to remove. Honest answers please

Madzi
Madzi

They take a bit of effort/soaking to remove. I bought a small electric nail file/drill set (~$30 AUD) to take off the top 2-3 layers, then apply acetone soaked cotton wool on the nail, wrapped in foil for 15min (or the heat method they recommend), then they rub off relatively easy after that.

All up it takes about 20-30mins to remove.

GLAMRDiP   DM

Thanks for reaching out, that's a great question Abbey! Removal is actually really easy with our Rice Soaking method and we recommend using our remove solution for quickest removal (15 minutes soak time) however, you may use any generic nail polish remover (we recommend an acetone based remover however soaking times may vary with different products).

Our remove solution contains acetone, vitamin e and calcium. Acetone is often misconceived as damaging to the nails, however this isn’t the case. The only way you will damage your nails is by pulling or scraping them off so this is super important to avoid.

Please feel free to DM or Email us for our Remove Video Tutorial and full Remove Instructions.

Kind Regards,
GLAMRDiP Support Team

Get an answer from our members and GLAMRDiP representatives

Extra Information