1.6 from 1,070 reviews

• Used service as a:Buyer (32) · Seller (109)

Andy

Andy

From good to extreemly bad

By making people go through skype to contact a seller makes no sense. This involves costs to the buyer and overall is inconvenient the old system worked well. Any suggestion that this may stop scam buyers is rubbish. Are you people making money from skype now?

SAM

SAMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My Account got deactivated for no reason

Rob C

Rob C

Gumtree needs a block feature

Why is there no way to block scumbags who don't show up and the flogs who offer 10% of asking price? I don't want to deal with these people again but they are able to keep messaging me.

maggie

maggieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless search engine

Regardless of what you set as your location parameters, the Gumtree search engine disregards it! With such an appalling website, it is no wonder most people have moved to marketplace.

Helena

No-one from GumTree is willing to communicate or help

I tried to post an Ad for a vehicle over a week ago. When it hadn't gone up after 2 days I contacted GumTree. Requested to send 3 additional photos to "verify" the Ad. I did so. Another 2 days and nothing happened. Contacted them again. Oh we have to verify, cant tell you what the issue is but hey I'll push it up the list now we've sorted the problem. You'll hear back in 24 hour if we're not too busy. 3 days later and still absolutely nothing. What a massive waste of my time. Go elsewhere, dont waste your time.

Helena

Immediately after my feedback went live, GumTree fixed the issue.

Steve T.

Steve T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Waste of time

What about banning the bloody time wasters ,gumtree is stuffed,it used to be good but too many morons on there now!!! People saying that they will.turn up but they don't,oi gumtree what about banning the fools, for damn sake!!! Not impressed !!!

HeidiL

HeidiLPerth, WA

Used to be great

Gumtree like EBay used to be good 5 plus years ago.
Where they didn't have million of ads and big companies advertising on it.
Now it's just full of tyre kickers and time wasters you get same "Is this still avaliable"
You reply yes it is
You never hear from them again.
Facebook market place is the way to go.

Account Terminated with No Good Reason

Davey

DaveySydney Surrounds, NSW

People are useless

Morons that read your message but dont respond. Should be banned for inept ads and pathetic correspondence. Not a fan of fake sales and fake people that make them! Go

Clinton

ClintonWestern Australia

Adverts removed live help a joke

Had adverts removed and I can only assume some poor gumtree bottom feeder reported me as they couldn’t afford the item or I wouldn’t sell it to them cheap.

Live helps a joke lodged a ticket now 24hrs no reply. DW gumtree I’ve now posted my rant into Instagram sharing my story with my 70k I have now lodged a second ticket but going back to eBay anyhow.

Damien

DamienHobart, TAS

Seems like a con

Recently contacted a seller regarding a product, the exact product with exact markings (wear)posted by another seller in same area, seems suspect as person I contacted stated they would get back to me after picking up other parts for this and never did.
Have had some great deals on here but you do need to be careful as it buyer beware

Gumtree S.Gumtree

Waste of time and effort. Concentration of pond life.

Lots of timewasters, no sales even for good prices, aggressive and nonsensical buyers - expecting you to deliver for free 100 miles away. Perpetual nonstop isanity at its finest. Don't bother.

tony182231Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

PayPal

No warning that paypal is going to hold your cash for a couple of weeks once someone has paid.
What if the person says they didn't receive the goods when they actually did, where does that leave the sellers.

tony182231

You can't get in touch with paypal n e a fly impossible

mich

michHobart, TAS

Good. sometimes

I find gumtree excellent at times, other times it's a virtual nightmare. Occasionally you will get a genuine buyer or seller which makes it a pleasant experience when buying & selling.

Gumtree S.Gumtree

The worst customer service!!! Horrendous!!

Daily Gumtree user here, recently tried to sell my car, the add was up for one day before it just disappeared. Have tried to upload more ads... Nothing. Have tried to contact gumtree multiple times over the last week, nothing! They have the worst customer support I think I've had the pleasure of dealing with. The 24x7 live chat they boast about is always "unavailable" I have sent multiple emails asking for help as my account now seems to be frozen and have had nothing in response. Really disappointed with gumtree I won't be recommending it and ill be using the Facebook market place from now on.

Jack
Jack

Still no response, I reckon Ive sent 20 emails and not one reply! please contact me asap [Email Removed]

Johnny

JohnnyPerth, WA

Customer service is terrible

Had my account cancelled on the 06/01/2020 after being a member since 2015 with all great sales, went onto online help she simply stated my listings were not suitable for gumtree.

I am selling a brand new iphone new in box locked to telstra...how is that not suitable for gumtree.

I am assuming someone complained because i wouldn't sell the phone to them for literally nothing.

Most of their buyers are bottom feeders wanting things for free or well below cost

Gumtree S.Gumtree

Account blocked twice in one night.

Josh Mableson
Josh Mableson
Gumtree S.Gumtree

Hi Josh, Thanks for your followup and apologies for any continued trouble or frustration here. Please refer to your most recent cases/chats submitted for information and if you have further questions, please followup there. Thanks, Josh. -Peter

Gumtree account blocking

Gumtree S.Gumtree

I submitted this through the website on 7/1 but this is day 3 and no response yet.

Allie

AllieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scummy Buyers

Have been advertising on Gumtree for many years now,

Unfortunately, the kind of buyers it now seems to attract either want the following:-

a) Something for Nothing

b) Lowest price possible, i.e. “best price”

Just a bunch of cheapskates on Gumtree better going to Fb Marketplace - more genuine and sincere buyers there...

Hunter

Hunter

Could be much better

Chrisasked

Why do we have to put up with this "captcha" rubbish? I have already verified who I am by using my password.

Gumtree S.Gumtree

Hi Chris, Thanks for reaching out. Please ensure that when browsing the site, you're using an up to date browser, with cookies and cache cleared; I also recommend trying an alternate browser, also up to date, with cookies and cache cleared. If you find that issues are persisting, please reach out to us via the helpdesk or live chat, so we can have a look directly into your account: https://help.gumtree.com.au/ We can also be reached via email at communitysupport@gumtree.com I hope this is of some help. Thanks, Chris. -Peter

Chris

I am using Firefox with the latest updates.

Chris R.

Chris R.asked

how to recover deleted message

Gumtree S.Gumtree

Hi Chris, Thanks very much for reaching out. If you're referring to a message that you had sent to another Community Member, please contact us via the helpdesk or live chat, here: https://help.gumtree.com.au/ We can also be reached by direct email as well, via communitysupport@gumtree.com. We can then have a look and forward your request through to the appropriate internal channels. If you are referring to a message that another Community Member has sent, I'm afraid that due to data protection and privacy laws, we are unable to provide that information to you; your understanding is appreciated. For further information or if you have any additional questions, please let us know via the above channels. Thanks, Chris; take care. -Peter

Penny G.

Penny G.asked

I want to replace Touch ID with a password - how do I do it?

Hi Penny,

Gumtree shouldn't have a touch ID feature, however, you may have enabled your device to automatically enter your saved password using touch ID. If this is the case you would have to disable this from your device settings. Your device manufacturer would be in the best position to advise on how to do so.

This said, if you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us via our helpdesk and we'll be happy to help. We have options for both email or Live Chat here:

- Lee

Get an answer from our members and Gumtree representatives