Gumtree
See the Best Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Gumtree

Rob

Paid ad features don't work | Support don't contact you back

I paid for weekly bump-ups for 10 weeks and it didn't bump up at all.

This has happened 2 times. $60 wasted.

I have tried to contact Gumtree support but they do not respond. I just get the automated email saying that my enquiry has been received. Then nothing...

It's a shame there's no number to call. And it's a shame you have to give negative feedback on a review site before they respond. If that even happens...

I've been trying to contact gumtree since the 9th of jun, no response

Frank
FrankSouth West, WA

Full of scammers, time wasters and Gumtree paid message senders.

Well I keep getting messages asking if item still available and where and when to collect...thats it, no other messages from them when I respond.
Also many messages about...can you post to Melbourne?
Seriously Gumtree, stop paying people to send messages. Are we that dumb that you think we think these are real buyers...hmm all these "different" messages from different "buyers" are all the same.
Pls give your "buyers" a new list of scripted messages to send to sellers!
Rubbish way to sell...its just a scammers platform.
Well Gumtree, I dont like scammers and your unethical methods to keep the sellers keen with fake buyers and messages.
I have deleted my account and uninstalled your app.
Im soo happy!

Nino
Nino

2022 and still dodgy email scammers

Guaranteed within 5 mins of putting a car ad up for sale you'll get 3 or 4 people interested in the car and they'll ask you to email them about the car..Phone number is clearly there and the fact they can still communicate with you through Gumtree Messenger...this leads me to believe the scammers are actually Gumtree employees...Gumtree is a con

Biggestguy
BiggestguySydney, NSW

It Is A Rort!

From the onset, the system uses every step to lead you to an upgrade for a fee then another, then another.
The upgrades promise attractive benefits like having your ad featured prominently on their front page and this does happen.... But only for about twelve hours when they know you'll be looking.
After that, it can take you half an hour to locate the ad if you're lucky - and the fees you paid were totally wasted. It's a scam.
Stay away.

brian s.
brian s.Sydney, NSW

scammers

Within 40 minutes of listing a $1900 bicycle I was asked for my email address . The person wanted me to give them my Paypal details.They said they would take the bike unseen but would send someone to collect it .I said I didn't have an account with Paypal . Obviously a scam

Dinah
DinahPerth, WA

Women beware selling on Gumtree

The last two items I have advertised had men of dubious intent contact me. The first one bought a cordless drill then would msg me late at night until I blocked him. The second time I was contacted by John who wanted to know if I was home. He did this two days in a row but never turned up. I work in a public library and one patron said she would never use gumtree because from experience it is a format for creepy men. And a work colleague told me the same after a man started stalking her! I will never use gumtree again and I shall spread the word to discourage women from exposing themselves to predatory behaviour.

Lisa
LisaSydney, NSW

Full of scamers

Listed a dirt bike on gumtree and only got scamers asking for my email then sending me a link to open a PayPal account so they can screw me it used to be good using gumtree not any more

brian
brian

The site is currently full of advertising

The site used to be alright many many years ago though, Nowadays it's gone seriously downhill.

Full Of advertising content plus don't think that hardly anyone else uses the site recently.

Also : scammers sending text messages attached so trying to trick into pressing On the deceptive Link so who knows what else bad things can happen
Some kind of scarey hateful unusual damage.

I agree with the other reviews recently.
Even tried giving items away for free with no success

SCAM ALERT

BEWARE of purchasers on Gumtree offering to purchase your goods and arrange for delivery with Aramex, with the payment transferred to your account via Amarex. It is a scam.

Aramex
Aramex A.AramexSend a private message

Thank you for posting a review and bringing this to our attention. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further, please send us full details about the issue at https://www.facebook.com/AramexAU

Find out how Gumtree compares to other Services

Put ad on gumtree 30days later the ads disappeared is that reliable or a waste if time

Hi put 11listing on gumtree hen two days later ad disappeared is that reliable or a joke

Daoud hamade

Hi a lot of scanners want seller to pay a agent fees ti collect payem t false fraudulent Westpac statement s gumtree has allowed this

Daoud hamade

Remove review it's not gonna make it better

Terrence
Terrence

What happened!

I am trying to sell my car right now and Gumtree used to be amazing, now after my car is listed it is impossible for people to find it with all the car yards listing over the top of it and also the search function pulls up every car other than what is actually searched for. If I search for a Mazda sedan why would I want to see Utes, 4wd's and Ferraris

fu
fuGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Biggest joke

Site/app always crashes. So many fake profiles. Hardly ever sell anything. 9 out of 10 people that contact me are fake which makes me wonder how is this even possible

Yo A.
Yo A.

Damn!! Waste of time

Don’t get me wrong to okay to find things but when you put something up for sell gum tree know how to screw you up. I was selling some of my items it seem to work find I even add the extra add on for more adds cost me 6$ and 8$ I had one scammer chat to me after 10mins for posting be careful about the PayPal scammers. Anyways I shared it to Facebook when to click on the link I sent boom all 3 listing said it wasn’t available to see. I double check my account wasn’t there anymore. GIVE ME MONEY BACKKKKK!!!

TONY
TONY

gumtree is very good,

Gumtree is a very good free advertising online platform to buy and sell goods and services, however is unfair for people to blame Gumtree with so many negative comments about their bad experiences, it is up to the individual to take a buyer beware approach when buying & selling & arranging meet ups or doing transactions with strangers. DONT BLAME GUMTREE FOR YOUR FOOLISH MISTAKES!

• Used service as aBuyer