VE, VZ, VY, etc...
See the Best Cars in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Holden? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features

Dennis b
Dennis bGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Holden ZB CALAIS 75000ks

Car driven every day for commuting 100km round trip to work and back plus running children around its service is every 12k and easy to do yourself and $349 at Holden After 75000 faultless klms and 7.7 lts per 100 ks for this size car I’d buy another one the only thing I’ve had to do is adjust the headlights five minute job and add a earth from the motor to the body as in my opinion the car was short of a good earth ground other than that drive and enjoy. I have had and still have other German cars and for half the price it stacks up very well it was a little bit noisy on the highway but tyres changed that study tyre pressure I found 34 front and 30 back really improved ride noise and under steering

Purchased for $30,000.00.

Ostsee
OstseeSydney, NSW

The Very Last Aussie Legend

I owned an SSVR since new. Not perfect, but excellent. Good value, well designed. I also added the W310 kit to it so pretty powerful and sound is very nice.

Purchased in September 2014 at Holden Dealers.

FAULTYVictoria

Concern and questionable

Purchased in May 2015 for $10,000.00.

John R
John RMelbourne

Great car

Bought demo model 2 years ago, great car to drive, has everything extra you could want, safety features as good as it gets, good value for money, it’s well looked after, never had any issues, plan to keep it long term, have an old Commodore to do the shopping and believe this car keep in mint condition will be valuable eventually one day, time will tell, as not many of these have been imported to Australia.
Only negative it doesn’t have a spare wheel which l think is dumb.

Purchased in July 2019.

Under marketed vehicle

Purchased in January 2021.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Joe Smith
Joe SmithGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best affordable wagon of all time which sadly isn't made anymore.

Freezer
FreezerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing car

We purchased a commodore 2016SV6VF11 with 70.000 kilometres after owning mostly Ford’s duel fuel or dedicated.. what a fantastic car for daily driving especially freeway when we need to keep the foot off because it can easily creep up such amazing power and pick up.. It’s such a comfortable ride with great seats and stylish including the beautiful interior especially at night with everything lit up for easy vision…. Now done 105.000 no issues with anything and service very affordable. Sadly these cars are now hard to find and have become expensive to buy… Love our Red commodore fantastic!!

Purchased in December 2019.

dean
deanSouth East Queensland, QLD

2021 berlina

Purchased in February 2021 at Thr1ve for $40.50.

Daniel D
Daniel DSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Was the best car I've ever owned

vz Equip, 700 plus km per tank. Did 501000 km before I got hit up the rear and they road her off. Handled so well, with heaps of power. Loved her so much that I've just replaced her with a vz Executive wagon, 2006 that is doing even better on fuel. I always use Nulon oil treatment on every oil change and removed the plastic engine guards to help them breath. Well done Holden.

Purchased in February 2021 at Selective autos wholesale pty ltd for $5,300.00.

Luke
LukePerth, WA

Great car with great value for money!

Purchased in October 2020.

Dean S.
Dean S.Sydney, NSW

Love this car

Purchased in August 2015.

Emily D.
Emily D.Central, SA

Great family car

Got my green ve sv6 auto in 2014 second owner had 78000 kms as it was the daily but since ive owned it its a family car we had to travel 400 plus kms every 2 weeks one way for appointment for our child also used for school runs daily 72kms a week day we live on dirt roads hubby is mechanic and done all services on it never had any problems with it just spoiler clear coat coming off we have 3 kids in carseats they all fit comfortably the boots massive and cars super smooth to drive my car has 315000kms on the clock still going like new only ever done a new battery in 2019 tyres and brakes and normal services having to up grade to a larger car before next year as we are wanting a 4th child but will be super sad to see my green machine go

Purchased in September 2014 for $18,000.00.

Bluey Bonzano
Bluey BonzanoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

2009 Omega Sportwagon

Best car I’ve owned in 40 years of driving. Bought my ‘09 wagon with 39,000 kms on the clock, now has 127,000 kms. The first few years I would get it serviced by the book’s recommendation at 15,000 kms intervals, however once it got to 100,000 kms I learnt from other VE owners that this is way too long between oil & filter changes so I now do them myself ever 7,500 kms. These cars have a reputation of worn/stretched timing chains, but I believe if you do more regular oil & filter changes it will reduce the likelihood of oil sludge buildup, which from what I’ve researched, is one of the main reasons for the timing chain issues along with incorrect oil use. I would not hesitate recommending this car.

Purchased in June 2010.

audible
audiblePerth, WA

It's a good car! Just don't tell a Commodore fan.

Purchased in February 2020 at Holden Dealers for $27,000.00.

jimm
jimmMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent value for money

Bought a calais v tourer with 7 year warranty and 7 year free road service , after 2 years and 44.000kms the wagon has been great , services are capped and still on orginal tyres. Having the top of the range model helps with my opinion somewhat , if you can afford it dont go for the base model ( your missing out big time ) , the kids love the huge panoramic sunroof and the leather massage heated and cooling seats are a bonus, the only issue has been that the rain sensor dosent work but thats fairly in significant.
Also the growl from the v6 on startup is a nice touch.....

Purchased in April 2018.

Read more reviews - page 2

Hamish B.
Hamish B.asked
Commodore

Hey guys 2011 Holden VE omega series ii.

I started my car the other night and it started a bit rough initially and it came up esp stability control fail then the check engine light came on… let it warm up and drove it around the block to see if anything else happened. Since then every time I turn my car on the engine light has came on, I’ve saw on other posts it can be the battery on the way out is it worth changing the battery and spark plugs to begin??

Bek L.
Bek L.asked
Commodore VF (2013-2017)

My check 'right position lamp' light has come on and all my light work?! What do I need to do? Check the bulb? Or just reset the warning?

Moustafa B.
Moustafa B.

I have the same problem it's been happing to me for few days now

Jonnyasked
Commodore VE (2006-2013)

S1 Omega sedan; car was taken off the road for a couple months with a battery nearing the end of its life. When I put it back on the road, the battery was no good so installed a new one, now the new battery keeps going flat. No warning lights etc come on, from what I've searched and found so far is an old battery drain fault that needs a software update, but I never had this issue before the new battery, and no it's not the battery

Hi Johnny
There will be something in the electrical system that's not turning off when the is turned off.
Have u got an after market stereo or something after market fitted at all?
Ignore u may need to put an isolator in if u plan to keep the car.
Hope that helps

Jonny

No it's completely standard, ex government car well taken care of, this only started happening after installing a new battery

Compare all 21 Holden Commodore
CategoryCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and Sedans
Starting Price $40,990$43,990$51,990$51,990
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolDieselPetrolPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy18" Alloy20" Alloy20" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Fuel Consumption7.6 L/100km5.8 L/100km9.1 L/100km9.1 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 61 L61 L61 L61 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L6 Cylinder 3.6L6 Cylinder 3.6L
Max Power191kW @ 5500rpm125kW @ 3750rpm235kW @ 6800rpm235kW @ 6800rpm
Max Torque350Nm @ 3000-4000rpm400Nm @ 1750-2500rpm381Nm @ 5200rpm381Nm @ 5200rpm
Country of ManufactureGermanyGermanyGermanyGermany
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017