Holden Commodore

An amazing car ..

Bought my 07 ve omega 2 weeks ago,
It is 3.6 petrol/factory gas, I get about 600 klms from 73 ltrs of gas have only used half a tank of petrol, this car is so smooth to drive, cannot feel the change from petrol to gas and back, it's one of the best maintained second hand cars I have driven, a credit to previous owners, nothing to spend on it as yet, everything works great, can't fault it, I average 800 klicks per week, and the comfort it gives is second to none...in closing...I love it !

Purchased for $4,500.00.

Braking
Suspension
Gear Shifting
Fuel Efficiency
Good
Design
Interior Design
Good
Boot Size
Features
Good
Comfort

Wouldn’t dream of any other car.

I bought a beautiful red VF ssv redline about 2 years ago. Start of 2017. It caught my eye and every other vf that I looked at just didn’t appeal to me and I kept going back to the exact car that caught my eye from the moment I saw it. I knew it was the one! So I bought it. And it’s the best car I’ve ever owned in my life it was 2014 model. It had so much power I loved it! So immaculate and fancy inside and out, handles very very well and never ever found one problem with it. It may be a V8 but it’s still the perfect car for that ideal family who love style and class. It has the special car seat safety harness attachments inside the seats too so extra safe for a baby!

BadgeSS V Redline
Engine Size6.0
TransmissionAuto with select shift sports automatic
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Good quality car

Very impressed, reliable and looks great - was choosing between this and a similar model and glad I chose what I did as I have been thoroughly impressed and blown away by the craftsmanship and sheer reliability of this stellar vehicle just time and time again. Would def recommend as a great car.

Date PurchasedMar 2012

2012 VE SSZ

Although i have not had the car long it is a blast to drive, especially having the 6 speed manual. There are lots of windy corners in my area and this beast just loves corners! The factory stereo is crap. The car has rear muffler delete so it sounds more like a V8 should. On a 470km trip i averaged 9.7L/100km which is great for the size of the engine and car. I have always maintained my own cars and i always do oil and filter at 5000km, not 10,000 or 15,000 as Holden suggest. Look after your car and it will look after you.

BadgeSS Z Series
Date PurchasedDec 2018

Comfortable large performance sedan with attitude when needed.

I bought this car second hand, one year old. Very comfortable and spacious, with a cavernous 495 litre boot. I take it to work daily and always look forward to driving it. Putting your foot down, the engine comes to life and you get pushed back in your seat with all the torque- your fuel economy will plummet though as the 6.2 litre LS3 engine can gobble fuel when pushed. I average 8.5 litres/100km highway and 17 in town.

I get the car serviced once a year and so far have had no issues (just a year so far).

Very good fit and finish with no squeaks or rattles. Soft touch materials on some surfaces with a chunky, great feeling steering wheel and a snickety manual gear change. I love this vehicle- the only downside for me is the high fuel consumption when pushed.

Engine Size6.2
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great car.... if it wasn't a lemon. BAD ELECTRICS

I've recently sold my 2014 Holden Commodore SSV sedan in an amazing Prussian Steel. It's probably one of the most heartbreaking things I've had to do. It's equivalent to a breakup in my opinion.

I'd bought it in January 2018 with 86,000kms on the odometer for $32,000 and traded it in last week on Friday with 102,000 for $18,000. It's not a very long time to have such a beautiful car. I hope the dealer I sold it to manages to fix it so no one else has to deal with the burden.

Over the duration of owning it had it's steering rack replaced (common occurrence) been serviced 2 times (at the times it needed service) had lube mobile come out 4 times($80 per callout) for an issue where it wouldn't start and have it at their workshop once to try their luck by replacing the fuel pump and battery (which didn't fix it) which cost me almost $800. Was advised it could be a series of things, only way to know is by doing them one at a time which would cost upwards of $5000 which I do not have the money for as I am and only me paying for myself and my partners food, rent, insurance for our cars, registration for our cars and fuel for our cars plus all other bills that people have. My partner is studying and drives to uni and my working hours means I can't borrow her car all the time. At the time of purchase we were in a better financial standing with her working. I had to get loans from my parents to pay for the "repairs" on this car. Holden wouldn't help because it was out of warranty and lube mobile were going to charge thousands to maybe fix it.

Just severely disappointed, my first ever car that I was proud to drive, just had to be a lemon.

BadgeSS V
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great v6

I have had about 11 cars in 18 years - all from different makers, from Hiunday to Ford, to Renault and Kia - all sports cars. My partner’s had Holdens before. I never did. I really enjoy driving my SW and forget there is a V6 under the bonnet. The dealership was pretty good too and not too pushy.

Engine Size3.8
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Best family car

I’ve had my 2013 vf for just over two years now and I love it! I have four kids and they’re is plenty of room for them ranging in ages 10years-2years old. I love all the features from remote start which is a life saver on hot days to cool the car down before we get in, comfortable seats which have multiple positions, the boot is huge it doesn’t look like it from the outside but it’s seriously huge. I’ve driven multiple long trips with my kids between qld/nsw with ease, everybody’s so comfortable so it makes it a breaze. It’s our everyday purpose car, school runs, shopping, sporting activities, it’s very reliable and the only thing I’ve had to replace is tyres and a battery! We picked ours up sv6 2013 for $19,000 and it’s the best $19k I’ve spent!

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Aussie icon and I love it

I had a 2005 sv6 the hsv by design edition as well as a Lumina 2005 ar the same time at one stage both were low kms and were well maintained by their original owners.

The sv6 was 5 speed, leather seats, body kit and shifters on the stearing wheel. Wsy above average for the cars around ay that time.

And the lumina had its body kit and the inside wasnt much different than other vzs.

The vz was a great car, quick of the mark, solid and if the car was looked after then you are a happy driver.

Only con about them is that due to their age the little annoying things continually require fixing such as thermostat, radiator and leaking hoses

BadgeSV6 Z Series
Date PurchasedMay 2015

Great Big Australian

I purchased the last of the Australian built SV6 Commodore Wagon. I love this car so much and still look forward to my 30min drive to work each day. The quality is excellent and the amount of tech astounded me. This car self parks (thought I wouldn’t use it but I do) auto headlights and great sound system and Sat nav. Such a shame we don’t build in Australia anymore. My last Aussie built car was a 1967 HR Premier i used back in the 70’s. On average its sitting on 9.4 L per 100km so not bad for a great big Australian.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great car for the family. Plenty of room, good on fuel.

I use my car daily ferrying the kids to school as well as commuting to and from work, we regularly take it on the open road, goes beautifully. I service it every 6 months, no known issues so far. This car was very well maintained by its previous owner. All I’ve had to do was put new tyres on it and replace brake pads, it’s a very comfortable family car. And so far very reliable.
After driving manual transmission cars for the last 20 years the auto transmission is an added bonus! My VE is one of the best cars I’ve ever owned.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Avoid VZ commodores

Bought as daily driver, 2nd hand. Worst car I've ever owned. Overcharging and burning relays. No mechanics or auto elecs can tell me why.
2nd set of timing chains after 250thou ks.
Sensors dying left right & centre.
Rattles & noises galore.
Trash mileage.
Just a heap of junk in general.
Avoid holdens.

BadgeExecutive
Date PurchasedSep 2018

Final Holden made in Aus!

Fantastic car! The last ever made in Australia and we are glad we bought one. Used daily for family travel this car provided comfort as well as luxury. Getting serviced every 6-8months is working well, still only on our first set of breaks but third set of tires, the down side to low profile tires.

BadgeSS V Redline
Date PurchasedSep 2016

one of the best car's

i use this car pretty much everyday and nothing has ever gone wrong with it. the car is very basic car but is perfect for every day life. i've only had to get the car serviced one or twice over the past 3-4 years that i have owned the car. but those were mainly just because of the fact that the car was old. but other than that one of the best cars that you could possibly own

BadgeInternational
Date PurchasedFeb 2014

such a good car

Love my Commos, good, solid reliable car. you can crash most cars and they are a complete right off - Not a commodore it will take a hit and keep on going. Parts are easy to find and cheap and the few minor issues they have later in life is easy fixed.

Engine Size5.7
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Solid working man's wagon and *very* reliable!

Hot chilli red (HSV colour), bought in June 2010 ex-Services (CFA) fleet, 84,000km. A bit of neglect of it on their part as they transitioned to the VE Omega in their fleet, and intensive effort to clean up engine once bought. Interior trim and furnishings A1. Fitted sheepies to front, compatible with seat-flank airbags. Ultra comfy! Fast forward 8 years and this much-travelled, serviced-to-the-book workhorse has proven to be the most reliable, efficient and fearless of any car I have owned in 27 years. Taken around Australia in July-October 2011/32,000km/2 scheduled services (not towing). Not a single problem to report. Averages 7.4L/100km on Surf Coast-Melbourne-Albury/Wodonga running PULP98 -- no aggro city/suburban driving. Have seen similar/identical cars which have been tampered with enthusiastically by backyard mechanics, and this has lead to huge problems of erratic, faulting and generally unreliable operation as a direct result of interference and forced modification. These cars do not take well to fiddling with electronics and the engine. I don't really recommend 91RON petrol as this does not bring out the best in the Alloytec which is capable of phenomenal fuel economy in the right conditions (extended freeway driving, especially) with higher octane fuel (95-98, but not 100). And so...now at 183,220km won't be shoving it off any time now or in the near future!

BadgeExecutive
Engine Size3.8
Date PurchasedJun 2010

Drives well

My daily commuter a ve series 1 2007 dual fuel , When i brought the car it had timing chain issues but i drove it like that for 50,000km then i decided to change them (they were missing by a tooth on the gear) because of the check engine light , after that it was no problem but car went the same , good smooth car , good on lpg , shockers get leaky after about 150,000km , it's a typical aussie car very reliable besides the timing faults , nice to drive , handles surprisingly well, had it for 5 years , big back space , huge inside feels like a lounge , plenty of power , and if you like engine noise when you step on it , it's there , safe car .

Date PurchasedOct 2007

Old Car. Still lives on

I own a 1994 Holden Berlina, even tho my car has Fair Wear and Tear condition. It still drives and works at its perk. I just love older cars. In the space of the 8 years I have owed my car. It has broken down only 3 times. No lie only 3.

BadgeBerlina
Date PurchasedAug 2010

Money Pit

Bought a series 1 SV6 with 6 speed manual. 83,000kms when I bought it in 2015, 135,000kms when i sold it 2018. Loved it as it was my first car. After about 2 years of ownership the problems began. Clutch died, radiator cracked, washer bottle cracked, radiator hose split, driver's side strut-top loosened and rattled like a jar of change. Exhaust formed a leak at catalytic converter weld, went through 2 engine oil pressure sensors in 1 year, air con compressor made a hell of a racket, and of course the timing chains stretched. Spent over $8k in repairs not including servicing every 10,000kms (whoever decided on 15k intervals should be shot).

Good space, good interior and exterior styling, good power, good gear box.

Will never buy another commodore as Holden failed miserably on the VE.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Excellent Drive

The interior look is also best described as elegant, with fresh shapes that flow cohesively into the door trims and centre console. There’s a general air of quality about it, but it’s let down by some cheap-feeling controls and switches, particularly the climate control knobs. The unmatchable mileage is what really excited me for the purchase.

BadgeEsteem