VE, VZ, VY, etc...
See the Best Cars in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Holden? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

PeteFremantle

Holden VZ Berlina is reliable and Australian built

Purchased in May 2007 for $30,000.00.

Peter Collins
Peter CollinsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beautiful Car when behold.

I purchased a ZB Commodore VXR ,a couple of months ago, I was very impressed on the first drive and I had to have one. The technology and the safety features are remarkable. I can not fault the whole car it is beautiful to drive and sit in and I just can not get enough of it , when i go out for milk I go via the Adelaide hills just so I can drive more it is nothing unusual for me to do fifty ks just to get milk I love it. The German Commodore has been very underestimated well it is good for the buyers because the price dropped considerably from new.
One gripe is no spare wheel , I am not too pleased about that one.

Purchased in September 2021.

Cuspub
CuspubGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The last of what has become a genuine legend

I am so pleased to have purchased a brand new (back in 2016) Holden Commodore SSV Redline, the last of the breed and without doubt, the absolute best. Upgrades from the first generation Redline made the Commodore the closest thing to a HSV that Holden had ever produced.

I've had a blast with this car, it has been ultra reliable, Holden themselves were (up until they effectively left town - so to speak - were; from a servicing perspective) absolutely amazing.

I've owned new Mercedes amongst approximately 10 new cars, and the Redline has proven (even as a 5 year old vehicle now that gets driven maybe once a month), the best car I have ever owned.

Ian
IanMelbourne, Victoria

A classic - Milestone from Holden

gerard p.
gerard p.Sydney, NSW

SS Redline

I use my car for fun, it is an awesome car to drive with sooo much power, the exhaust has a great sound and the acceleration is unbelievable for a unmodified standard car

Purchased in September 2019 for $46,000.00.

Wock
WockWadalba

Nice car but terrible service

Purchased car new in 2018 and then Holden announced it was leaving Australia . Had a minor oil leak and it took holden 10months to get the small part from overseas to fix it ! They don’t care about customers now they have left Australia ! Would never had purchased a Holden if I know there were leaving our shores !

Purchased in June 2018 for $37,000.00.

Les
LesNortheast, VIC

Great Car.

Bought this 2011 model, VE Series 2 wagon in 2015 with only 24,000 kms on the odometer. Now has 132,000 on the clock and has been great. Brakes replaced, nothing else has gone wrong.

Purchased in June 2015.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Nigel
Nigel

Best car I've ever owned.

I use this car for business. Regular trips from NSW mid north coast to Brisbane, Melbourne and occasionally Adelaide.
Effortless driving and an absolute pleasure. I'm devastated that I can never buy another.

Purchased in January 2015 for $40,000.00.

Dennis b
Dennis bGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Holden ZB CALAIS 75000ks

Car driven every day for commuting 100km round trip to work and back plus running children around its service is every 12k and easy to do yourself and $349 at Holden After 75000 faultless klms and 7.7 lts per 100 ks for this size car I’d buy another one the only thing I’ve had to do is adjust the headlights five minute job and add a earth from the motor to the body as in my opinion the car was short of a good earth ground other than that drive and enjoy. I have had and still have other German cars and for half the price it stacks up very well it was a little bit noisy on the highway but tyres changed that study tyre pressure I found 34 front and 30 back really improved ride noise and under steering

Purchased for $30,000.00.

Ostsee
OstseeSydney, NSW

The Very Last Aussie Legend

I owned an SSVR since new. Not perfect, but excellent. Good value, well designed. I also added the W310 kit to it so pretty powerful and sound is very nice.

Purchased in September 2014 at Holden Dealers.

FAULTY
FAULTYVictoria

Concern and questionable

Purchased in May 2015 for $10,000.00.

John R
John RMelbourne

Great car

Bought demo model 2 years ago, great car to drive, has everything extra you could want, safety features as good as it gets, good value for money, it’s well looked after, never had any issues, plan to keep it long term, have an old Commodore to do the shopping and believe this car keep in mint condition will be valuable eventually one day, time will tell, as not many of these have been imported to Australia.
Only negative it doesn’t have a spare wheel which l think is dumb.

Purchased in July 2019.

Under marketed vehicle

Purchased in January 2021.

Joe Smith
Joe SmithGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best affordable wagon of all time which sadly isn't made anymore.

Freezer
FreezerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing car

We purchased a commodore 2016SV6VF11 with 70.000 kilometres after owning mostly Ford’s duel fuel or dedicated.. what a fantastic car for daily driving especially freeway when we need to keep the foot off because it can easily creep up such amazing power and pick up.. It’s such a comfortable ride with great seats and stylish including the beautiful interior especially at night with everything lit up for easy vision…. Now done 105.000 no issues with anything and service very affordable. Sadly these cars are now hard to find and have become expensive to buy… Love our Red commodore fantastic!!

Purchased in December 2019.