9Holden Viva JF

Holden Viva JF (2005-2009)

9Holden Viva JF

Features

Rodney Harvey
Rodney Harvey
  Hatchback

This is no wooden axelled foot-driven runabout

Recently purchased, the Holden Viva drives like a mountain lion with foot pads of silk. I feel I have just come out of Egypt, I have the commandments including thou shalt not take your car in vain, nor bear false witness against thy engine and I am ready to nurse this newfound friend unreservedly. Show details
Shaxpier
ShaxpierSydney, NSW115 posts

Deservedly Did Holden's Name No Favours In The Long Run

I needed a small car quickly and thought anything with a Holden Badge would not be all that bad. Hardly expensive upfront but things that last years just kept needing doing way soon. The engine was harsh and just something that generally Holden should never have associated themselves with, Had a few Holden people thoroughly agree on that last bit, so not just my opinion. I was pleased to see the back of it. Show details
Dazza
DazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD36 posts
  Wagon

Cheap to run very reliable

Bought my dec 07 my08 2yrs ago, has very low klm's, I can do 300klms on the h'wy and not even use 1/4 tank which is only 60ltrs. A/c is cold, stereo I find is average, seats are comfy, drives pretty good, has loads of get up and go, yes they are high maintenance with services every 10,000klms and timing belt every 60,000klms, but hasn't missed a beat in the 2yrs I've owned it, I've had to replace fuel pump but that's the result of the 1st owner using E10, tyres and battery well you do that with any car, headlights are great at night, it's never let me down, highly recommend for a cheap runaround provided you get one that's been well maintained, just wish it had cruise control Show details
Ethan H.
Ethan H.Sydney, NSW3 posts
  Viva JF

Rebadged Daewoo Lacetti

You have to know the car is designed to last 5 years with no service, then recycled. It is made cheap! Parts are cheap on Ebay. If you service it regularly and take care of the car, it'll take care of you. It's no suzuki alto when it comes to fuel consumption getting about 9.2L/100km.
Too many complaints about this car. Don't complain the car is terrible if you don't know what you're buying. Or what you're buying it for. Show details
Paula K
Paula KIllawarra, NSW5 posts
  Wagon

perfect low maintainance easy access parts.. just use common sense

could not say anything. i love my viva wagon. just dont abuse using it. look after with regular setvice and my viva wagon looks after me.

easy to maintain. essy access with parts. cheap parts. parts can buy in ebay or find through goggle. quiet car. stereo is excellent even i have used this since 2008. body is best quality stainless steel/tin, harder than other new cars now.

beth
beth
  Wagon

drainage plug where is it on a holden viva 2007?????????

everyday for work it gets seviced every 2 years the macanic says theres no issues iam trying to give my car a flush out and place new in it so please just need to know where the drainage plug is cant find it can see anything on google showing me need help asap thanks

DALCO78
DALCO78berri2 posts
Wooly
Wooly
  Hatchback

Hi I have problem my holden viva 2008 automatic its hard to put into reverse can you help??

I brought a car 3days ago its Hard to put into reverse I have to put my foot on the break its a automatic holden viva 2008 and a engine light was on the gears jerk abit I didn't no what to do and manifold needs doing on it was it worth buying

Alfio
AlfioBrisbane6 posts
  Hatchback

Holden Viva are not good cars

Not a reliable car. Constant issues with car. Cost a fortune to run and maintenance. I would never recommend this car to anyone as I feel it is not safe or a sturdy vehicle. Transmission and engine problems has been the most issues that have arrised over the past 2 years.

Sam
Sam5 posts
  Verified Hatchback

Good size, uses alot of petrol

It is a good size car for one person.. It is reliable and easy to park. It drives really well. The interior is great. I wouldn't mind cruise control or heated seats! Recommend for a first car. Would be easy to learn to drive in. I would definitely shop around.

ChloeAnnette
ChloeAnnette

Never again

This is actually the worst car I have ever had.

Constant stalling, low idle, shuttering. Taken to 3 different mechanic and they haven’t been able to fix. All them like to steer clear to be honest.

I finally got to give t back to the car yard I got it from thank god

Dan
DanSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Wagon

The worst car I have ever bought

I bought a brand new one for my wife in 2006. From that day onwards it went back to the dealers for a new dash board. Then the drive shafts had to be replaced and front discs and brakes. It went Ok then until the three year warranty ran out, then all hell broke loose. The front shocks, The coil pack, Oil leaks and engine and airbag lights on. The car had less than 40k on it, only used for the school run shopping and garaged every night. We got rid of it last year with only 109k. It had been nothing but trouble and expense. We traded it in with loads of faults on it still and bought a proper make of car.

Kyle R
Kyle R

Blown head gasket

Bought second hand with around 80.000 km on the clock. I bought it because it was a cheap car but you do get what you pay for in this case. I have been left stranded 3 times, each time with a different hose blowing and subsequently the car overheating. Problem = blown head gasket.

Airbag light came on and off multiple times on its own and I had 2 total electrical failures that also fixed themselves.

Happy to see the back of it and part ways with the definition of a lemon...

Kat
Kat

Death trap on wheels

Terrible car, money pit of issues that Holden can't diagnose the fault. Shuts down when driving leaving no lights, no brakes or anything. Have to try and restart car whilst free wheeling. Despite sinking $2k in repairs and diagnosis to Holden and mechanic no-one could fix the issue. As too unsafe to drive due to random engine switch off got rid of it. Contacted Holden and they didn't really care. Don't buy one of these. 2006 low kms.

Cole9
Cole9Melbourne3 posts
  Sedan

Engine light switches on randomly

Ever since i bought it there have been problems . The airbag light switched on. That was luckily fixed but the engine light comes on randomly while driving at the same time the car loses pressure. Its too dangerous to drive long distances. Have taken it to be repaired . They cleaned it out but the problem has started back again. They dont really know what the problem is. Will take it again but scared they will tell me it needs a new engine. If thats the case, this car is not worth buying. I will get a toyota next time.