Hollard Business Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (2)
    • 3+ months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (10)
Hollards Grievance

Hollards GrievanceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unauthorised access to my bank account (theft!)

Home/Vehicle insurance was pending and I recieved an email stating this while also stating a date that a Dircet Debit would occur. I emailed three times well before the DD date stating VERY clearly that I could not afford to proceed and had also NOT given authority for them to Direct Debit. They took the money anway, leaving me absolutely broke. Now a battle for compensation plus the full amount of monies removed from my bank account to be replaced. Neither has happened. So dishonest, unprofessional conduct. Theft, outright. No morals, no propriety, empathgy nor accountability. A bunch of theiveing oafs to be avoided at all costs....

Sue

SueMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Unprofessional

Been with this insurer for 5 years as a business. Had a claim in 2019 and 2020 for tools stolen. Claims were paid. Now they refuse to reinsure our business due to the claims. I thought that was the whole point of insurance for property stolen from your possession (with no criminal conitations or allegations). Police report had been filed. Police at the time expressed to us this was a COVID issue that trades vehicles were being targeted. It would be remiss of us as a company not to hold insurance for loss of tools. Vehicles had double lock down and still they got into them. The building industry seems to be an easy target. Now we are being penalised! No wonder people live on the edge and not take insurance.

j cousins

j cousinsPerth, WA

if your insurance is underwritten by Hollard avoid them at all costs .

months of delaying tactics ,when asked for reason small claim declined told to read the pds
asked again for written reasons by way of explanation told read the PDS.
Not interested in being of assistance.

DO NOT CONSIDER HOLLARD OR (REAL) INSURANCE

WORST Insurance Company I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with. DO NOT CONSIDER AT ALL. I spent $184 in phone calls (on hold/waiting for an answer) Finally submitted a claim and followed up with a written letter in January 2018. To this date (Aug 2020) still no response, no email, no phone call, no settlement - NOTHING. They have now apparently cancelled my Policy & no longer deduct premiums (No idea why) as guess what, no advice, communication whatsoever. DO NOT USE HOLLARD OR (REAL) INSURANCE - ZERO STARS ALL ROUND

Zee

ZeePerth, WA

The worst insurance claim experience with Hollard/Woolworths

The worst insurance company that I've ever come across. From not returning phone calls to taking over 4 weeks to process a car insurance claim. Any clauses that they can use not to pay and have answers to everything to dismiss the claim. Looking to cancel the Home Insurance with them as I don't trust that they will do the right thing by their clients. Hoping that everyone with the same experience to lodge your complaint to AFCA (Australian Financial Compaints Authority). Overall terrible service and untrustworthy business - Hollard/Woolworths!

Suzanne Taz Charity

Suzanne Taz CharitySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor, poor, poor, humiliated

Poor, poor, poor, never been so humiliated in all my life, recons they are going to take us to court.... Maybe everyone is now fully aware of what you guys do! Stress, anxiety.

froggoo

froggooSydney, NSW

Was considering relocating my home & contents to the underwriters Hollards

After reading the reviews, I am gobsmacked at the amount of negative reviews and totally empathise with their frustrations. I will not be considering this company at any time in the near future.

Angelo A.

Angelo A.

THE WORST COMPANY EVER

Hollard are the worst insurance organisation ever claim still pending over 5 months now ,They never return your calls ,They promise amd deliver nothing. Most of their assessors are complete amd utter liars.I suggest head somewhere else this company cannot be trusted.

Ash A.

Ash A.

Stay away from these Crooks

These clowns are scamming their customers they will look for any way to deny a claim zero stars for these crooks. We have made one claim in 10 years and they deny it

Jimmy

JimmyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Pet Insurance BEWARE!!!

Agree with all the 1 star reviews.... even worse, when I tried to cancel the policy, they still helped themselves to my direct credit at the bank. A scam like no other I have had the misfprtune to deal with. And this is through the RSPCA.

LJAG

LJAGSouth East Queensland, QLD

A JOKE

AdrianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stay Away From All Insurance Companies Underwritten By Hollard

My parents signed up with An insurance company underwritten by Hollards.

We recently had our home burgled, I had all my tools LOCKED inside the property at the Time of the robbery. However after being lied to consistently by the insurance company saying they hadn’t received information from the assessors I decided to call the assessor's directly where they confirmed they had already had spoken to hollards and it was all sorted on their end. Caught out lying again. They also refuse to cover the tools stolen as the receipts are in my name (the insurance policy holders son) laughable stay away

Adrian

All contents inside a locked secured home are covered.

Response TeamHollard

Thanks for the quick response, Adrian -- if you could please email us at resolution@hollard.com.au we'll be able to review the exact policy and claim and be better placed to help.

4 months later and still no resolution

Nudnick

NudnickSydney, NSW

Dont get close to those people

Start getting debits to my credit card from this company. Phone them and they ( after waiting on the phone for 30 minutes and been transferred to few persons) told me that they can not find any policy under my name. Not clear how they got my credit car details and why I was charge. They also advertising under real insurance so be careful

O4theloveomeMid North Coast, NSW

waste of time

Have tried to ring this company fifteen times and only get the engaged tone-- will be putting a stop payment on funds---touch at own risk--Lord help you if you had to make a claim

Response TeamHollard

Good Morning, may i ask what number you are calling. Our Reception number is 02 9253 6600.

O4theloveome

This is the number I was trying to ring---my currant insurance co tried to ring 0292536600 a number of times to check on my no claim bonus without success

HellyerSydney, NSW

Cannot get hold of this company. Very frustrating

Cannot get hold of this company. Very frustrating have called many many times over last few days
Phone is always engaged no matter what time they call.
Happy to take my money

Good Morning,
Sorry to hear this, may i ask what number you are calling and what your enquiry is regarding? - Angela

Number is 02 92536600 this is off the wedsite
My payment is my reason for calling

Response TeamHollard

Thank you. Can i ask who your insurance is with? Please send me your details in a private message and i can get someone to call you. - Angela

Karen R.

Karen R.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely hopeless

Lodged a Landlords insurance claim 1/03/2019. Still waiting for payment 2 months later even after a complaint has been lodged with AFCA and they have been told to pay up!

Response TeamHollard

Hi Karen, sorry to hear that you still haven't received payment. Can you please let me know if this has been resolved? If not, please send a private message with your claim details and I will follow this up for you. Thanks - Angela

Don't Touch this Insurance Agency

Eleven and a half months ago my house was struck by lightening. I am still trying to settle the claim. Every phone call took at least a half hour to an hour to get through to someone... I actually had to increase my phone call allowance to cope. Every person I consulted was different, rarely were my concerns and needs met in the phone conversations, and unacceptable hours of time were wasted. The frig and solar inverter were replaced within "a reasonable time" but the reconnection of the gas and water costs is still being disputed. Even with intervention from a lawyer nothing has been resolved. Hollard has refused to answer. If you are thinking of using this company... DON'T.

Response TeamHollard

Hi, we are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your claim. Are you able to provide us with a claim number or policy number so that we can look into this further for you?

Ad

its a scam, they are based in south Africa,

based in south Africa,
sent 3 text messages to me when im not with them,
trying to confirm orders and claims, telling me ive been in a crash.
complete scam and i dont know how they got ahold of my number.

ianm0

ianm0Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Premium rocketed year after year after a claim

Got car insurance through Australian Seniors Insurance Agency. Had an at fault claim almost three years ago, First renewal, premium up 44.7%. Next renewal, another 19.25%!! Thought the hike was one off and subsequent ones in line with industry average. Apparently not so.
We accepted first hike without complain although it was quite astronomical. Can't accept second since similar increases will probably ensue for future renewals. Will walk.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months