Hollard Home and Contents Insurance

Hollard Home and Contents Insurance

jld

jldGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I will never go to anyone who disperses through Hollard insurance again

Claim ApprovedNo
Customer C.Hollard

Good Morning, sorry to hear you have had issues with your claim. Can you please send us your claim/ policy number in a private message and I will get a claims consultant to contact you to discuss further? -Angela

BorisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

stay away to avoid disappointment

Get real about REAL insurance (trading name of the Hollard Insurance Company)! The fact they disbanded their loyalty division speaks volumes of the company. I've been with them for 8 years. Received a renewal for the landlord insurance for next year with the premium jumping by 88% (from $226.42 to$425.99). The company (customer service) refused to budge. Don't bother with their internal resolution team with the predicted outcome not in your favour.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedYes
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Customer C.Hollard

Good Afternoon Boris, I'm sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your renewal policy. Can you please send us a private message with your policy details and I can have a Team Leader look into your policy and give you a call? -Angela

Customer C.Hollard

Thank you Boris, i have passed your details to our Customer Service department and a Team Leader will be in contact with you shortly! - Angela

Winter7AU

Inconveniencing us because they can

Property TypeOther
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateMay 2019

Hi Winter,
Sorry to hear you are having a bad claim experience. Can you please send us a private message with your claim details and i will get one of our agents to give you a call? Thanks, Angela

Winter7

I managed to call them myself, but after taking my car for assessment have heard nothing for two weeks! I was hoping this would be sorted out before I went back to work this week.

Disappointed

Beware! totally lacking empathy and would do anything they could get away with

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your claim. Can you please send us a private message with your claim/policy number so we can look into this claim for you. - Angela

Disappointed

It's a Nightmare with holllard insurance company

bigboyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

House Insurance

Policy through Australian Seniors Ins Agency. Underwritten by Hollard. Hollards claims department unreliable. Put in a claim and had no problem dealing with Hollard Claim Central. Its the claims dept, staff hopeless and don't follow up on what they promise. Wait time on phone hopeless. Bye Bye ASIA and will make sure whoever I use next wont be underwritten by Hollard.

bebe26

bebe26Sydney, NSW

Don't buy any insurance with Hollard,

Don't buy any Hollard insurance whether through Real Insurance or Woolworths - They are cheap for a reason, you can't claim anything from them. They are absolutely horrible. stay away from them. Go to Allianz, CGU

JaTarl

JaTarlPerth

DO NOT USE WOOLWORTHS INSURANCE

It is cheap for a reason! Their customer service is terrible, they don’t call back when they say they will. If you need a claim they will do everything they can not to pay. My house was damaged from a storm and all they can say is that it is caused by gradual deterioration which is an absolute joke. Please don’t make the mistake I did, spend the extra dollars and go with the RAC

samantha

samantha

Don't care about the people

Has taken 8months and still going to find out who is at fault but i have sent them a video which clearly shows what's happened definitely taking my money else where.

February 8th 2018 Update: Take too long

It’s been 16 months and my car still ain’t fixed the fuel gauge keeps beeping saying it’s empty after accident but it’s not empty can’t drive it anywhere because of the constant beep and the panel shop has sent in a request to get it approved back in October 2017 and no response no phone call back no nothing, they are so slow in trying to resolve things they do not think about the people and how this will impact there life. Half the car has been fixed and the other not.

House fire

Had a house fire 5 months ago, has been a nightmare dealing with hollard. Very unprofessional. 3 builder's reports to fix property all over $400000 , they offer $153000 . Refused the offer and have had min contact from them since . Going to the ombudsman now .

TLOR

TLOR

Disgraceful Insurers

Sam

SamHunter Region, NSW

Waste of money

Took ages to receive a report back that was to 1 builders opinion. I ended up having to pay for repairs myself. Later discovering once the damage was exposed, that what the assessor/builder believed the problem was (wich voided our claim) had nothing to do what caused the problem.
Very unprofessional and untrustworthy.

Amazing Service

I dealt with a lovely gentleman with an English accent called Liam. He was incredibly helpful and understanding and made my experience with Hollard very pleasant. Very pleased and proud to say I use Hollard for my insurance. Thank you.

Insurance claim madeNo

Allen

AllenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Take your money, refuse claims.

A great policy until you have a claim.
Then you get the run around. Said they could not contact.
Said they sent emails. Claim they had wrong email address. No problem sending email renewals and other information.
Have Landlords Policy, tenant trashed house, animals the whole bit. awaiting still for rejection information, 3 phone calls and 3 emails and 4+ weeks.
They just don't want to pay and I think this is a process to frustrate the customer so they give up.
Off to Fair Trading and the regulatory bodies.
Give Real Insurance/Hollards a miss.

Sonja Thorneycroft

Sonja ThorneycroftTumbi Umbi NSW 2261

Once Again, No Claim Acceptance.

zerogeny

zerogenySYDNEY

Hollard is Woolworths Home Contents Insurance DO NOT BUY

Woolworths Insurance has been slow moving, and not proactive at all. I have had to call the majority of the time to get updates on my claim and most of the time the answer is effectively "I don't know". I am powerless and apparently they are too even when dealing with their own contractors. I do not feel someone is working doggedly on this on my behalf. There doesn't appear to be a plan to remedy the issues in my claim and it doesn't feel like someone is working doggedly to get answers. It was a huge mistake trusting Woolworths with my Home Contents Insurance. Never again!

Also in the majority of cases they want to give you vouchers instead of cash to pay out your claim! AVOID!

carl c.

carl c.asked

Why is it when you ring to enquire about a claim you always go on hold for more than a hour and nobody ever answers and you can try at any time of the day and it's all ways the same thing

Hi Carl,
Sorry that you are having difficulties getting through to our claims team. Can you please send us your details in a private message and i can get someone to give you a call? Thanks, Angela

Kylieasked

Wow...it really depends on who you deal with at Hollard insurance. I thought that things were being finalized after 4 months. Now I have to deal with another customer service rep who seems to be going against everything that I have been told before and have in email. Information, model #s etc of water damaged electrical items were sent through by restoration guys in December. I was told that JB hi fi would replace these soon. Now a different person is asking for model numbers, again!!! Do they lose information there?
Someone is supposed to fix water damaged wooden furniture. Some items had to be thrown away. They want to give me less money for an item and now are asking for receipts...which of course I don't have after buying this furniture a while ago. I guess new for old is not true at all.

Be very careful. Things are dragged out and then you can be told totally different information.

Kylie g

bigboy

Good luck with your claim. They will run you ragged hoping you will go away. Don't fall for this trap keep persisting with your claim and if need go to the ombudsman.

Kylie

Thanks for that. It's very clear from the lack of communication that they just want u to go away. Unless u chase them up u get nothing.

Customer C.Hollard

Hi Kylie, we are sorry to hear that you are having a difficult claims experience. Please private message us with your policy details and we can look into it for you.

Lucien C.

Lucien C.asked

Where can I find details of my ASIA House Insurance policy?

Get an answer from our members and Hollard representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance