Hollard Home and Contents Insurance

Hollard Home and Contents Insurance

1.2

• Claim Resolution Time3+ months (8) and 1-2 months (7)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (4) · No (13)
randomguy

randomguyNew South Wales

Stay away !!!

Claim MadeNo

KylieSydney, NSW

Still no service

First my claim was knocked back in April. Went through the dispute resolution process. Now I cannot get any service at all.
I put in quotes some time ago. No response. Work was supposed to start last week but of course can't because there is no response from Hollards.
Absolutely dreadful service.

Kylie g

Ps...now I have received an email to say not to use the email address provided, but to call them.
First, they often don't answer the phone when you call. Second, what is wrong with the people in this organisation that they cannot answer an email? Could it be that they do not want to commit to anything in writing?

Claim DateApril 2020
Paul M

Paul M

Terrible handling Claims

Made a claim in July for water in the house. Initially they were responsive. Had tradespeople out to quote. From there all downhill. They would call during work hours so couldn’t always take the call. I’d call back to be out on hold every time. Asked to leave number which I did. Eventually they emailed to say claim had been rejected. This was 6weeks after damage. Said they’d send another email to explain why. That was 2 weeks ago. So, 8 weeks, no claim, no explanation, house still susceptible to water damage as there’s still no report either.

Claim DateJuly 2020
Home and Contents Insurance

Find out how Hollard Home and Contents Insurance compares to other Home and Contents Insurance

This company is shonky and appalling

My husband has faithfully paid his money to Hollard Insurance for years and when he tried to claim on his landlord insurance for lost rent and damage it was rejected. The real estate company acting for my husband can’t understand why, because the legal paperwork for the rental property is standard practice in Western Australia. The claims officers don’t return phone calls or respond to emails and the process has dragged on for almost five months with no response, never mind resolution.
They have left us no choice but to follow the formal complaints process, and if that is as futile as the rest of this shonky company, we will pursue this through the Ombudsman.
Avoid this company like the plague.

Claim DateApril 2020
Buffy

BuffyPerth, WA

This company is the bottom of the garbage heap

For goodness sake - NEVER have anything to do with an Insurance Company associated with Hollard, especially REAL Insurance They ripped me off over $1500, and refused point blank to explain why the payout for my claim was so low . They had no hesitation in putting my premium up though!! These people are arrogant, ignorant and totally heartless. As a semi disabled widowed pensioner with severe asthma, they've made the past four months an absolute living hell. They NEVER reply to emails, and make you wait up to an hour to answer you if you phone. They're well trained in the art of brush-off, but they won't get another cent out of me.
I hope the comments in this site will suffice to warn people to stay well clear.

Claim DateMay 2020

fred smithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Trying to dodge claim after 2 electricians said my solar was hit by lightning

Not good value if you cant make claim. I have lodged a claim it takes hours to get claims dept they are rude about 5 years I would not recommend to my worst enemy. Seniors insurance is no help they just switch you to hollard insurance where you wait for hours to answer hoping you go away.

Type of ClaimLightning
fred smith

i rang the same wait hours leave my phone no no reply

Maria Ferro

Maria FerroVictoria

Hollard are a bunch of rogues

I would never recommend this Company, ever. They were the worst insurance company that I have ever dealt with. They tell you one thing and then do the exact opposite. They are good at taking my money however when you make a claim they do their best not to pay or for that matter, they won't even talk to you. Never have I dealt with a company. I got the same insurance and saved $300 a year with another Company. Don't deal with this Company.

BEWARE of Hollards,

in our opinion they are not reputable. Our landlord policy claim is now four months old and we get nowhere with the claims dept. I wish we had read these reviews before accepting our brokers recommendation and opting for this outfit. Insurance it is not.

Type of ClaimTheft and Vandalism/Malicious Damage
Claim DateMarch 2020

Thieves

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Home and Contents Insurance

Terrible, every effort is made to not pay out

I have been with this company for 3 years. I had a claim regarding my landlord insurance and structural damage. They put every effort into delaying claims and finding various reasons not to pay. It's a very stressful process and prepare to go against devious lawyers. Be very aware of the their policy and the contents and wording as it's misleading . For example ' poor housekeeping is not covered unless structural damage has occurred' because this caveat is under malicious acts by tennents they want you to prove 'malicious damage' and not 'poor housekeeping'.
Proving malicious damage is completely different to poor house keeping and is difficult to do. Devious and misleading company.

Coverage TypeHome Only
SHERRYL

SHERRYLSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible company

Been with them for ages happy to take money gettinga claim through is like pulling teeth 3 claims 1 cheap one approved 2 expensive claims declined
Stay away from them

AVOID THIS INSURER

This company has substandard customer service, did not respond to my claims email communication at any stage in claims processes. I had to repeatedly telephone to instigate contact and get info. After this they rejected even the most basic of claims and did not supply dispute documents as promised over the phone. I was a good customer for 10 years, paying over $12,000 total premiums with NO claims and treated pathetically when I made the most minimal claims after water damage then home burglary ( 2 separate claims) AVOID THIS COMPANY

Claim DateMarch 2020
Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Real Insurance and Holland insurance very unfair

Claim DateFebruary 2020
pharris64

pharris64Sydney, NSW

Don't argue just report to AFCA

Worst experience of my life with this company. 6 months since damage and I still have a child sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Their dirty tactic is to draw the job out as long as possible then offer to cash settle significantly less then repair value.

I have reported to AFCA and I suggest not arguing with the company and report straight away.

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Nayla1

Nayla1AU

Most disgusting service, in fact complete lack of service.

Coverage TypeContents Only

Just BillCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

I Can't understand the negativity

Claim DateOctober 2019

Good Morning,
Thank you so much for your great feedback regarding the service Judy provided to you and your wife. I will be sure to pass this on to Judy. - Angela

jld

jldGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I will never go to anyone who disperses through Hollard insurance again

Response TeamHollard

Good Morning, sorry to hear you have had issues with your claim. Can you please send us your claim/ policy number in a private message and I will get a claims consultant to contact you to discuss further? -Angela

BorisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

stay away to avoid disappointment

Get real about REAL insurance (trading name of the Hollard Insurance Company)! The fact they disbanded their loyalty division speaks volumes of the company. I've been with them for 8 years. Received a renewal for the landlord insurance for next year with the premium jumping by 88% (from $226.42 to$425.99). The company (customer service) refused to budge. Don't bother with their internal resolution team with the predicted outcome not in your favour.

Coverage TypeHome Only
Property TypeApartment/Unit
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Response TeamHollard

Good Afternoon Boris, I'm sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your renewal policy. Can you please send us a private message with your policy details and I can have a Team Leader look into your policy and give you a call? -Angela

Response TeamHollard

Thank you Boris, i have passed your details to our Customer Service department and a Team Leader will be in contact with you shortly! - Angela

Winter7AU

Inconveniencing us because they can

Property TypeOther
Claim DateMay 2019

Hi Winter,
Sorry to hear you are having a bad claim experience. Can you please send us a private message with your claim details and i will get one of our agents to give you a call? Thanks, Angela

Winter7

I managed to call them myself, but after taking my car for assessment have heard nothing for two weeks! I was hoping this would be sorted out before I went back to work this week.

carl c.

carl c.asked

Why is it when you ring to enquire about a claim you always go on hold for more than a hour and nobody ever answers and you can try at any time of the day and it's all ways the same thing

Hi Carl,
Sorry that you are having difficulties getting through to our claims team. Can you please send us your details in a private message and i can get someone to give you a call? Thanks, Angela

Gazh
Gazh

Your company is disgraceful, I keep seeing glib, sickly sweet, fake responses feigning interest and customer service integrity on this page. BUT, Its only to acknowledge a positive comnent, OR ... try to mask the POOR customer service AND POOR adherence to insurance integrity. I had multiple attempts via email and hours on phone trying to chase and resolve the most low value dollar issues despite my long and loyal, all premiums paid, no claim history..... to no avail. Be ASSURED I would USE A DIFFERENT COMPANY. (Wish I could get the offer of a "private" message or call... apparently 10 years of premiums doesn't earn this LOL... )

Kylieasked

Wow...it really depends on who you deal with at Hollard insurance. I thought that things were being finalized after 4 months. Now I have to deal with another customer service rep who seems to be going against everything that I have been told before and have in email. Information, model #s etc of water damaged electrical items were sent through by restoration guys in December. I was told that JB hi fi would replace these soon. Now a different person is asking for model numbers, again!!! Do they lose information there?
Someone is supposed to fix water damaged wooden furniture. Some items had to be thrown away. They want to give me less money for an item and now are asking for receipts...which of course I don't have after buying this furniture a while ago. I guess new for old is not true at all.

Be very careful. Things are dragged out and then you can be told totally different information.

bigboy
bigboy

Good luck with your claim. They will run you ragged hoping you will go away. Don't fall for this trap keep persisting with your claim and if need go to the ombudsman.

Kylie

Thanks for that. It's very clear from the lack of communication that they just want u to go away. Unless u chase them up u get nothing.

Response TeamHollard

Hi Kylie, we are sorry to hear that you are having a difficult claims experience. Please private message us with your policy details and we can look into it for you.

Lucien C.

Lucien C.asked

Where can I find details of my ASIA House Insurance policy?

Get an answer from our members and Hollard representatives

CategoryHome and Contents Insurance