Holman iWeather Station

Holman iWeather Station

Lynn

LynnPerth, WA

Designed to last?

Rain gauge and anemometer failed. Most recently the outside temperature fails to register on the screen. Runs batteries flat within days. Wind vain does not give correct direction. The product barely made it out of warranty before the failures started. Holman responses to other's complaints do not give confidence.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Don C.

Don C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Good start, then very disappointing

Worked for first year, but ~13mos the base station began chewing batteries. Now <2yrs old battery life <2weeks! Holman says unit's faulty, can't fix, buy a new one. Looking elsewhere.

Purchased in November 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

wilsr

wilsr

If you want a clock - buy a clock!

Purchased at Bunnings.

MarioM

MarioM

Extremely inaccurate wind and rain data

I've since returned the unit to Bunnings after 1 month of use.

The anemometer was wildly inaccurate, telling me that during actual hurricane force winds it was only indicating 2 kph and then the opposite when there was no wind at all indicating 15 kph.

Then the rain gauge telling me we had 999.9 mm of rain in the morning was the final straw.

I've since left the Holman range alone and am now using a Nylex weather station, which seems to report accurate readings.

Purchased in June 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$89.00.

Jeff

JeffPerth, WA

Look elsewhere

Battery life after six months terrible, connections to battery corrode quickly, "stainless fittings" leaving rust marks on my white wall, wind vane constantly doing 360's, just out of warranty and it's a bin job, save up and purchase something of better quality.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Graeme

GraemeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Like its owner: the older it gets the worse it gets

Purchased from Bunnings 18 months ago. Holman WS5029 $99. Worked well for first year. Latest batteries (also from Bunnings) lasted 4 weeks on indoor unit. Holman book says batteries on indoor unit should last 12 months. Info wiped when batteries fail. This is going back to Bunnings - fails the ACCC rules.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$99.00.

Bob T.

Bob T.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great unit. Been waiting ages to get one. Over the moon.

Seems to be a great unit. Time will tell. Happy so far. Has all the weather features I wanted in a unit. Works well in my house. Easy to set up and install. Instructions are well written and easy to follow.

Purchased in May 2020 at Mitre 10 for A$99.00.

Tim T.

Tim T.Perth, WA

So many angry reviews, haha

The range is satisfactory, battery longevity is satisfactory and there’s lots of really cool information on its easy to read screen. I don’t understand the negative reviews

The brackets included for attaching are weak and shouldn’t be used. I’ve attached mine to my tv antenna mast and it works like a treat

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$89.00.

hard to read

the screen is very hard to read as you have to have it on the right angle and in the right light . One battery indicator symbol has gone . also the light stopped working after a couple of months.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$89.00.

Pedro

PedroCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Look outside... if you buy one of these you will still have too

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

Farmer

FarmerSouth Australia

Don’t buy. You’ll regret it.

Very small wifi range. Less than 10metres. Poor quality screws/bolts and brackets. (Bolts had burrs on them and bracket tore under light pressure) difficult to adjust display settings and can’t change what day it displays.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$110.00.

rekreK

rekreKRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Can't do anything right - Find another PWS, this is garbage for so many reasons

Setup parameters are not saved.
North/South orientation is not respected, so have to point north, which has solar panel in wrong direction
Timezone is ignored, so you end up with rain accumulation resetting at 11am
Accuracy is dubious, rain was always less than manual guage just 20m away, wind was always lower than local BOM
Batteries lasted 2 months, despite the solar panel, since its roof mounted, not very easy to replace them, whole reason I wanted solar - less maintenance.
No local cache when internet or power is down, so if if either happens, all data is lost for the period.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$349.00.

FrustratedWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Can't see a thing.

WS5209 - bought December 2019. Easy to assemble and set up. Seems to work quite well but for some reason 0.7mm is it's favourite reply for any drizzle. I could be wrong though as it's almost impossible to read the screen. I have to hold it under a bright light at just the right angle to be able to read the display. It seems to be a fairly reliable unit but it's painful with the lack of brightness and sharpness on the screen.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman
Holman I.Holman

Hello, Thank you for your review. The rain fall is recorded in 0.7mm increments. The screen should be solid and black, easily read at eye level. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Frustrated

I know what I would expect of the screen...
If the rainfall is recorded in increments of 0.7mm, how do I get readings of 2.2, 11, 16.5, 54.5, 29.2 and 5.5mm?

kiwi842

kiwi842Central Queensland, QLD

Should have left it on the shelf

The temperature sensor sits less than 10 metres from the read out unit and periodically displays the temp and humidity readings like 2 or 3 times a week, and when t does give a reading it so minute to see.
It does not record any info even for 24hrs.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jill

JillPerth, WA

Design flaws

Battery cover on sensor won't slide in, so I had to stand on a ladder and unscrew the whole thing. Not much fun reaching above your head with tiny nuts and bolts. I had to use making tape to secure it. Let's see how long it lasts.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Rommel

RommelSydney Surrounds, NSW

Look somewhere else.

Purchased in March 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$150.00.

J.Cox

J.CoxSouth West, WA

Parts for ws5029 not available

Have Holman ws5029 unit purchased in August 2017. Unit made in12/2016. At first outdoor batteries lasted 6-8 months. Recently battery life has dropped to 2-3 months. Last week the outdoor transmitter died. Contacted Holman and was told the frequency had been changed since my unit was manufactured and the older unit parts are no longer available. Nothing can be done but to buy a complete new unit. The failure of a $15 part makes a $150+ unit worthless. Great for them, not so great for me. I'll be looking else where for my next unit.

Purchased in August 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$179.00.

Outside Unit keeps failing

I received this WS5029 as a present in January 2020. Since then I've replaced the batteries in the outside unit twice as it keeps failing. Not to much fun we you have to climb on the roof to replace them every couple of weeks.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$89.00.

Holman
Holman I.Holman

Hello Steve, for product support, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you!

Wren

WrenMid North Coast, NSW

Hopeless

Got this for Christmas 2018. The batteries only last about a week or so- forever replacing them. It makes a super on going expensive gadget. Also, when the batteries go flat and are replaced the darn thing has to be reset all over again. We should have taken it back to Bunnings- prob too late now. Try any other brand but this one.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$100.00.

Susan C.

Susan C.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Useless

I got my iweather station as a gift for Xmas 2018. For the display I have to change my batteries every month. The display sets off an alarm even thought nothing has been displayed for over 4 weeks after the batteries have supposedly gone flat. Now the rain is not being registered. I would of taken it back only I don’t have a receipt as it was a gift. The instructions are not worth the paper they are printed on

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.