Homemaker Battery Operated Mills

Homemaker Battery Operated Mills

PhilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So handy

I have arthritis and appreciate the Kmart battery power grinder.
It is so easy to press the button and add peppercorn grind.
The grind is uneven though, and it is a muscle job to turn the arrows on the barrel to add pepper or change batteries.

Batteries cannot be changed when run out

I found it Impossible to change batteries. Followed the instructions but unfortunately did not work. They looked good but disappointing when it came to changing the batteries. I would advise against buying.

Installation nightmare.

Alarm bells rang when all the boxes in the store had been previously opened, suggesting returned goods. Nevertheless, I bought the item because they looked impressive. Contrary to instructions, motor unit for the batteries required forcable removal, not a simple turn. Eventually was able to insert batteries, but one of the grinders didn't work. Unfortunately didn't keep receipt, so $15 down the drain.

Jesse60

Jesse60sydney

Following instruction, put batteries in, and we heard a bang and substantial heat permitted through

Very scaring experience 7:40pm. Followed instructions, put batteries in, put salt in, and depressed the top button. Heard bang! Held the Grindr to inspect and felt heat and shuuuu sound coming from the steel part of the grinder. I feared it might explode ( or maybe already exploded) so put it outside of the house. If I feel safe to take it to store tomorrow, I will. Product recall incident.

greylies1

greylies1sydney

broke after 3 months

It was cheap and it looks good on the table. It broke after only 3 months of use.
I bought one of this after the russell hobbs died. I will say they are the same quality and this one is cheaper. I wouldn't recommend both of them. Horrible. I should have kept my receipt.

broken

A. SheardMelbourne

Great Product

I got these salt & pepper mills from Kmart and am very pleased so far with them. For $17 these are great for the price. Each operates with a light and when pressed so you can see how much salt/pepper you have added. They work great, salt/pepper is dispensed evenly and I seem to waste less of it without the need to constantly twist. Of course they also look great which is another bonus.
They look great, low price, salt/pepper dispensed easily and evenly.
Small opening for filling salt/pepper, requires 4 AA batteries to operate for each mill.

Anna W.

Anna W.asked

The light works but grinder doesn't what can I do?

Wendy

Wendyasked

I have thrown away the packaging and need to know how to fill and operate the battery operated salt and pepper grinders please!

Phil

On the upper of the glass section of the grinder there are two arrows.
On the top stainless part there is one arrow.
When locked it aligns with the left arrow on the glass.
You need to squash the top part, while rotating a few degrees anticlockwise to align the top arrow with the right arrow on the glass.
This will take some strength.
When aligned the top just slips off.
You will need to look carefully for the arrow marks.
In re-assembling note the two copper tangs have to contact the flat bead terminals.
(of course take care they do not touch as they are uninsulated).

Homemaker salt and peppe

Homemaker salt and peppeasked

How do you fill the homemaker battery operated salt and pepper mills?

A. Sheard

As per the instructions in the box, you unscrew the main cylinder then pull the bottom half away from the top half.

Get an answer from our members and Homemaker (Kmart) representatives