Awesome drive

Serviced regularly. Daily to work and on weekends. Commuting, family transport etc it has nice pick up . The shape is good . Fuel average is very good too . Best shape car in the range

Purchased in February 2017 for $22,000.00.

Year2017
Comfort

Supposed to be compact, but more mid sized sedan

The redesign is either like or dislike.... to me its a major love. The design is one of a kind and when it takes off the garage when my wife takes off with it some days, brings a big smile to my face every time. I've got the VTi-s version (non turbo) still has the pep of a honda engine (not in eco mode). Interior is futuristic and not the blingie wanna be luxury design. Ppl complain about the touch volume control, but having a volume control on the steering wheel (both touch and physical) makes it a very minor issue. But post 2017 other releases comes with the volume knob design. I like how low the drivers seat can get and the thick leather steering makes the car a pleasure to drive. Road noise is low. And with two kids they enjoy the long drives thanks to the largeish windows and space in the back. I don't see it as a compact sedan, its more borderline mid size sedan. Honda 5 year warranty (now 7) with capped price servicing is icing on the cake.

Issue 01: not sure if it is with all cars, but if you have your stereo off you can hear the break pads brushng against the disk.
Issue 02: Occasionally there is a rattle in the dashboard on the passenger side. Still unable to pinpoint exactly where.

How can Honda improve: Would like Honda to have the most safety tech across the rage, like other car manufacturers. Bring the Hybrid version as well.

Purchased in October 2017.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)

So Reliable

Great car, purchased this car brand new in 2006. The vehicle now has travelled 170000 kms and have not needed any repairs and the only money i have spent is only on consumables and services. Great fuel economy 550-600 kms from 50 litres using 95 ron.

Purchased in October 2006.

Not fit for purpose

When the car works, it has a nice feel to it.

BUT ...

It has had so many things go wrong with it. A lot are design faults!

For example, the
- The boot leaked when it rained. This required 3 visits to the dealer before they accepted the issue. It turns out to be a design issue where they replaced a porous seal with a rubber one.
- The washer pump is so low to the ground that going over a pebble causes it to crack. Any decent design would have the washer pump near the bonnet, not the road!

Purchased in July 2017.

Great car

Very happy with my Honda. More then ten years no repair. Only battery and windscreen wiper blades. Tyres lasted me more then 67000km. when I do short runs under 10km back it’s uses about 9.5 to 10.2 lites per 100km. for a little car it’s bit too much. I have asked to mechanic he said short runs car doesn’t heat up.
Went to Sydney from Brisbane amazing mileages 5.5 litres per 100 km. It’s been reliable car so far

Purchased in June 2008 at Southside Honda for $23,700.00.

I absolutely love my Honda Civic

I'm in love with my car! When I wake up in the early morning on a cold winter day I just know that as soon as I jump in my car, turn on those heated seats and turn on the radio, my trip down the hill will be done in comport and style. Heated seats and the camera in the passenger's side mirror makes driving an absolute pleasure. This is my third Honda Civic, my first was involved in a nasty head on car accident and the safety features saved my life. So I bought a second. Now I am the proud owner of a third, nearly 2 year old sedan and I am a total convert.

Purchased in September 2017 at Nordic Honda for $40,000.00.

Awesome features

Awesome features when you compare to Toyota corolla and other similar category of cars. You can get Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, awesome interior, nice power and good looks in same price. I bought this 3 months ago and loving it.

Purchased in January 2019.

Comfortable car.

The Honda Civic 2018 is very comfortable, cosy, nicely designed and very fuel efficient. The car is a bit over priced, however, it has many features even in the base model.

Purchased in December 2018.

Only okay.

Civic is good on petrol consumption but that's about it. Not enough cup holders or practical things for a family car. My fuel tank starting leaking a lot of petrol & had it towed & Honda are claiming rodent damage & refusing to cover under warranty. Be aware that rodents can access the breather hose & your car can very easily catch on fire or worse. I will never buy a Honda again as i'd like my family to be safe.

Purchased in August 2017.

Shameful customer treatment.

A very good friend of mine bought a brand new HONDA CIVIC about six weeks ago .
Apparently as she was driving through Galston Gorge near Sydney . The front of the car started to wobble.
As it turned out the caliper came loose and the caliper, disc and god knows what else was damaged.
When she went back to the Dealer , they tried to tell her that she will have to pay for the damage because she should not have driven through the gorge.
Now I am a 67 year old male and if I was there at the time I would have had a few not so nice words to tell him.
What a shame full display of contempt to the customer.
My friend has always liked HONDAS and against my recommendation to buy Hyundai .
HONDA SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES TO HAVE SUCH A TOTAL A>>>>E AS THEIR REPRESENTATIVE..

Badge28000
Engine Size2.0L
Date PurchasedDec 2018

Very nice and practical Civic Sedan

Trade my little Honda city in for this larger Civic Sedan. I picked bright blue, the unique back light and front design, make new Civic looks much modern and energetic, most friends are very impressed by the blue color. Inside has lots of space to fit 4 or 5 people. Feel it's much longer and bigger thank old Civic, more like a family car now. Got special with 2 years free services... fuel usage similar with my Honda city before which is very surprise to me, overall, it's very practical car, reliable, modern, best for that price range to me.

BadgeVTi
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Beautiful Car

New Honda civic car does have the style and safety features you most needed. One of the features I don't like is the lane keeping feature; it not perfect might be few reason, sensing does not reading the lines properly or lines on the road are not clear apart from this i loving it. And also we had a beautiful experience with Westside Honda. A special thank you note to Nate for your exceptional customer service and the wealth of knowledge made our decisions more easier. I have no hesitation to recommend Nate ad Westside Honda team for a stress free experience.

BadgeVTi-LX
Engine Size1.8L
Date PurchasedOct 2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I drive my car everywhere I can. I love my Honda Civic EXT. The car picks up the speed very fast. The backside camera helps me a lot when I park my car and right side camera also helps me with parking and when I need to turn right. I also love Honda service so I am very happy with my purchase. I take my car to the service for regular maintenance; like oil or tire changes. I did take it once for shampoo and wax but that was my choice. Honda did a great job. This car has everything I want, sunroof, touch screen, separate trunk. I love my car.

BadgeEXT
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Good car

Very good looking car on the outside
Comfortable seats inside
Good options
I have vtis version and somehow for a 2013 model it doesnt have auto lights.
Driver seat feels like its tilted back even when its not
Economical andcthe manual gear box is very impressive
Its not a speedy car for you who love their speed but it does okay

BadgeVTi-S
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedOct 2018

Onboard Tech in really disappointing

I took delivery of my Honda Civic VTi-LX on Friday 28 September 2018 – at this point I would say that whilst the car has some awesome sensors, there are some things that I am quite disappointed about. I was previously driving a Mazda 3 Astina 2014 model and quite frankly the tech in that car was better than the 2018 Honda!
• Automatic High Beam – going back to having to use my high beam again has certainly been a nuisance and a step backwards
• Onboard Maps – the maps provided from Garmin are very out of date. The home I am living in was brand new when I moved in 2 years ago and the onboard maps does not even recognise it. The Pacific Highway upgrade in Valla & Urunga, mid north coast NSW was opened in July 2016 – and the brand new car I paid $40K for still shows the old road – I am told an update will be out later this year and maybe it will be more up to date – The answer is NOT to connect a USB and use my phone data – another step backwards for Honda
• Voice Recognition for phone – I have 2 phones, one for work and one for personal … my work phone is an Apple S8 and I have stored my quick dial list with their voice tags – and guess what, the system does not recognise them!!! In addition, my personal phone is Samsung Galaxy S8 and again I have stored the voice tags for my quick dial list and guess what – the tech onboard Honda does not support a Samsung Phone – really????
• Nav system – in my Mazda, when the contacts were copied over to the car phone it also coped address – so if I wanted to visit someone who I couldn’t remember how to get there, I could simply go into my contacts and either call them OR highlight their address and the onboard navigation system would automatically switch on and guide me to their address. Your system in antiquated and I need to look up their address in my phone and manually input the info?
it’s 2018 guys, you need to get your tech right and this is simply appalling.

BadgeVTi-LX
Engine Size1.5L
Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great car.. has every mod con

9000 kms in 3 months and the car goes like a dream... only one negative thing is it has loud direct injectors, drives me batty but apparently I’m the only one that notices them...the interior is gorgeous and the boot is huge.. it’s the biggest small car I’ve driven ... recommend this model to everyone looking for luxury on a shoestring budget

BadgeRS
Engine Size1.6L
Date PurchasedJul 2018

Not a bad little car...

We bought this care second hand to use as our second car. It is used every second day mainly driving around the suburbs of the Gold Coast.
It’s relatively economical to run and we have it serviced when the car computer recommends. Our main disappointment is the visibility out of the rear window

BadgeVTi-L
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Pretty good, but for the electronics

Used this car to travel to a remote area of Central Australia. Averaged 5.6 litres per 100km over 4000km. (Best 5.3, worst 6.1. Advertised as 6.0, so better than claimed) Handled some fairly rough dirt roads well, and was comfortable. We found the clock reset itself a couple of times inaccurately and with running lights on, as recommended in remote areas, very difficult to see the instruments. Finding how to adjust the various instruments and controls was not intuitive. For all that, it's a good little car and didn't disappoint.

BadgeDon't know
Engine Size1.5L
Date PurchasedOct 2018

Lovely car

Daily drive, commuting, running kids around, driving around for work, its done everything asked of it and never missed a beat. It's nearly 5 years old, and the dealer just offered me a test-drive of the newest model, and I honestly don't see the point, its still humming along nicely.

BadgeVTi-S
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedMay 2014

Great product

I use this car every day great car has more space than it seems. It's my every day car . Its services regularly. Has not had any issues. The only problem I would have preferred a manual but it only came in auto. But it's still a great car would recommend it

BadgeHatch