HSBC Online Savings

HSBC Online Savings

See the Best Transaction Accounts / Debit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gio D.

Gio D.Sydney, NSW

Disgusting Treatment Avoid

Shan

ShanAdelaide

Unhappy with Integrity of HSBC

Vic

VicPerth, WA

Better than any local bank

Have been with HSBC more than 10 years. Opened an on line account when ANZ started charging monthly account keeping fees. Best thing I ever did (banking wise). Account has cost me nothing! Have used "counter services" in branches in Perth, Singapore and England with no problems whatsoever. Their telephone service is also efficient and pleasant. Only downer was when they dumped my share trading account on to e-trade several years ago - bad move! They are now with Third Party Platform - much better all round. Obtained their Platinum credit card during a promotion and that is also fee-free for life. Their high interest savings account could be much better - Ubank beats them totally. Overall, I am happy to recommend HSBC.

Sarzie Mac

Sarzie MacSydney

Better products than many Australian based banks

I've had this account for a few years now and overall I'm pretty happy with HSBC. I had banked with St George for over 25 years but really didn't want to pay a monthly account keeping fee to them so looked for an alternative. The only problem I have had (which is my own fault) is my signature has been rejected by the bank a number of times as I think I didn't give them my best signature on day 1 and so that causes me a few problems. My nearest branch isn't very close to me or I'm sure I could resolve it by going there, however there are a lot of ATM's that you can use for free (even the ones I used to use for St. George). I would recommend them to others.

Unhappy HSBC customer

Unhappy HSBC customerSYDNEY

From the long term customer prospective

Paintbrush

PaintbrushSydney

Misled

Was told I could make 1 withdrawal a month and still get the interest - but turns out I was misled by the salesguy at the branch. Poor!
There are other banks with similar offers - but they do spend more time educating you about the pitfalls.
Beware! Beware! Sayonara

betaman

betaman

yujin1984320

yujin1984320

had this account since 2002, never changed it, really good account for linking all you other financial products like personal loans/mortgage. been to the branch last week to ask about the home loan, been waiting there for half a hour without attending, but the online saving account is good for sure.
easy to use transaction account, no monthly fee or annual fee, free withdrawn with westpac ATM, free eftpos, online banking is easy to use, have international transfer which is really useful when you have someone overseas.
low intrest rate which you can not expect from a transaction account, but AMP have the transaction account which give you pretty impressive intrest. only 3 branches in Melbourne. found hard to talk to real person face to face.

d57a8q7

d57a8q7

countryboy

countryboy

This is the best fee free bank account available I reckon. If you are concerned about fees then this is the account for you. Plus the ease of use via their website and the excellent security. Highly recommended.
Free, great website, excellent security
You can't deposit cheques unless you have a branch nearby, which I don't and which is a pain (though I think you can deposit them at NAB branches for a fee?)

PrincessLilly

PrincessLilly

Good

Overall this is a good banking option, I have eliminated bank fees since I have been with HSBC. Internet banking is easy to use and if you have family/friends on HSBC and you want to transfer money to them it is instant.
Security is good as you get a special device which gives a unique number to use when logging in, extra to your user name and password.
This is a really great fee free banking option for me.
I shopped around before choosing HSBC, free bpay and transfers are a bonus, since I swapped I have not paid any bank fees.
Found the customer service received when setting up was very good.
Not convenient for me to get to a branch if I need to.