HSBC Serious Saver

HSBC Serious Saver

See the Best Savings Accounts in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Ali B

Ali BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer Support non-existent

Robert

RobertSydney, NSW

Great deal

2.85 percent for 4 months with no withdrawls and can add to balance .... Better than any term deposit rate the banks will give you at the moment my bank offered me a miserable 2 percent and for a 3 month term deposit and the other major banks were worse

Best interest rate in the country, only lose out if you're stupid.

There are two conditions of this account. . You get the interest for 4 months and don't withdraw from the account. It's not hard. People giving it one star because they're stupid is hilarious. I got $50 more a month than my usual bank on a pretty modest balance.

Setting up the account took all of 30 minutes.

I seriously don't understand how people struggle with this stuff.

Ryan Lewis

Ryan LewisSydney

Bad Mobile app and too much process to do anything

Totally put off by their mobile banking app. I'm surprised even after such bad reviews on the App Store a large bank like HSBC haven't reacted to fix it. Banking isn't simplified as they have a lot of process to get anything done. I read the fine print so didn't fall for the zero interest if withdrawn during the month. Not sure if I would bank with them again.

Biggie

BiggieMelbourne

Deceitful conduct by HSBC

RogC

RogCSydney, NSW

Deceptive Promotions of HSBC serious saver Beware!

The HSBC Serious Saver account is promoted as a high interest online account offering 3% interest rate for 4 months. I’m afraid this simply is a deception. You can only obtain that interest rate if you open the account on ONE specific date in a calendar month and make no withdrawals whatsoever for 4 months from that date. The 28th of a month. Unless this is the case, you quite simply DO NOT receive 3% interest rate for 4 months. I have complained without redress to HSBC and been forced to lodge a complaint with FOS. You have been warned. Their fine print does not cut it!

Syd29

Bad

PrincessLilly

PrincessLilly

OK

I have this account linked to my everyday HSBC account so I can easily transact between the two.
This is not my primary savings account I find it is good to keep a few dollars in it for a rainy day or unexpected bill, earning slightly more interest then if I left it in my normal account, not really for the serious saver but this account is convenient for me.
This account can be linked to any account.
No card access, so you cant take the money out, forcing you to save or think twice about spending it.
The interest rate is not overly competitive.
No interest if you withdraw some of the money.