Hyundai Accent

Hyundai Accent

RB, LC and MC

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Slow but cheap

Nice car though it seems to get stuck in gears and is quite sluggish in the morning. Nice fuel economy so can’t complain too much, will be looking to upgrade to a bigger Hyundai though.

Exceeded my Expectations.

I'm retired but very busy and need a reliable car. I have been a one brand car for years and switch to Hyundai because of a high recommendation and the cost. Brought new and after 2 years it hasn't missed a beat. I use it every day, have it serviced by Hyundai, a very professional and friendly team, and at a very reasonable cost. The only issue with this great little car is a blind spot either side of the back windows of the car. But once aware of this, it has made me a very cautious driver, because of this, I double check before changing lanes. I will definitely buy an other Hyundai, this is an " entry" model and I will be upgrading next time, not that I'm in a hurry as I'm so happy driving my" Arrabella Accent" as I call her!!!.

Purchased in November 2017 at Morphett Vale Hyundai Distributor for $15,000.00.

Year2017

Hyundai .. A perfect vehicle for a City Girl with loads to lug around

I drive it! Transporting all number of goodies from wide screen TVs to tables and chairs, antiques that are rare and all sorts of fare.
Five days could go by until I use my Hyundai.
Fixed five yearly Services with not a mention of a mechanical issue.

Purchased in July 2015 at James Frizelle's Automotive Group for $20,000.00.

Year2015

Grea reliable car

Great family car has plenty if room in back seats for an adult. Cheap to run getting around 600kms to a tank. Huge space in trunk with seats that can fold down. Cheap to service and have never had any problems. Great sound system with full hands free and blu tooth phone connection.

Purchased in August 2016 at Hyundai Dealers for $21,999.00.

Year2016

Economical small car

Purchased this brand new for myself and twins and is perfect for the three of us. However adding a tall front passenger makes it crampy. No Android play as advertised when I made the purchase.

Pros fuel economy is awesome in my 6spd manual. Spacious boot that fits my son's wheelchair in.
Interior is nice for a cheap car and easy to clean. Has all the bells and whistles that don't come on some of the other companies models in the price range.

Purchased in June 2018 at Camden valley motors for $16,000.00.

TransmissionManual

Great little car

Great little car very good size for a little sedan and the boot is amazing there has been heaps of great Hyundai in my family and this is another great Hyundai product very easy simple to drive car.

Purchased in May 2019 at James Frizelle's Automotive Group.

ok for the cost

Bought this car brand new in run out sale.

Pros: good on fuel, lots of airbags, small and cheap for a new car.

Cons: suspension is rubbish, no cd player, crooked gear shift (I will never buy a car with one again) brakes jerk really hard when starting car in cold weather, noisy.

Purchased in February 2018 at Hyundai Dealers for $16,000.00.

Year2017

Not good

Not really good car....weast of your money
Customer service horrible and car is not really powerful and all dealers selling car so once you buy car company cant help you to solve your problem

Purchased in April 2019.

Perfect family car

We only use car for weekly grocery and taking our little baby for check up.
Our car is serviced annually and as i take it to Hyundai service they give an extra year free roadside assistance.
So far there has not been any mechanical issues. I do note when on highway the motor doesn't feel powerful.

Purchased in August 2017.

BoughtUsed
Year2016

Efficient & effective but issues

Bought new for my daily 80 km commute to work & back in peak hour traffic. Generally it does everything quite well but has a number of annoying quirks which include:
1. The throttle is extremely touchy from idle which makes driving in peak hour traffic & taking off from traffic lights difficult. The car will also give quite a second push of power at around 1500 rpm even though the throttle is unchanged requiring care not to run into the back of the car in front.
2. Very twitchy steering when trying to drive straight, in fact I'd say the car just doesn't drive straight as it requires constant correction and vigilance otherwise it will quickly wander out of the lane. The dealer has checked the wheel alignment & tweaked it but it still twitches.
3. The cruise control only works well on flat straight roads otherwise it's rubbish. The best description of its behaviour on even mild hills is like a very lazy driver not checking their speed so it over corrects when it finally realises the speed has dropped way too low then it will peak over the crest of the hill and run the speed up into speeding ticket territory. Active control to over-ride the throttle early helps in maintaining speed up an incline and turning off the cruise control when cresting a hill then hitting resume when on the down hill side works to effectively overcome the woeful behaviour.
4. The view out the back window is abysmal verging on useless, it really needs a camera or distance measuring "beepers" fitted as standard.
5. Vast swathes of Orange Peeled paint which is very disappointing for a modern car.
On the plus side:
A. The GDI engine has a lot of poke for a 1.6 & is reasonably economical.
B. The six speed automatic works quite well most of the time.
C. Steering wheel infotainment & cruise controls are easy to use.
D. It was cheap to buy so what else could I expect.

Purchased in December 2018 at Maughan Thiem.

Comfort

worried about driving up a mountain with air con.

My 2018 Hyundai Accent is very heavy to drive up hills if the air-con is working. I am unsure about taking it for a drive up a mountain in summer. I have asked for info from the service centre but they have not yet called back. It also seems to use a lot of fuel.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Wonderful car

Bought the new Hyundai Accent 2018 Sport model in April this year - terrific car, reliable, economical- only negative was no CD player - otherwise great car and great buy.
This model was upgraded from previous models with alloy wheels, leather steering wheel and 1.6litre engine. Would have to add that seats aren’t the most comfortable, but ok for short trips and commuting

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great run around

I purchased my 2012 Hyundai Accent from an elderly couple. I use the car to commute to work and the school runs daily. Both my taller kids fit in the car easily and my husband which is 6 foot 2 comfortably. I find having the diesel model on a full tank of fuel will last me the full 2 weeks if i am running around my area. It is very zippy. Never had any problems with the car. Would definitely recommend to buy for anyone.
My only negative comment about the car is that the turning circle is not very good for the size of the car. My husbands 2017 Pajero Sports has a better turning circle which I was really surprised.

Badge$8000
Date PurchasedFeb 2016

soo reliable

I’ve had this car for 5 years. It’s sturdy and cheap to take care of, even though I use it for daily long distance travel it handles itself quite well. I don’t get it serviced as much as I should and it still does surprisingly well and is reasonably reliable.

Date PurchasedFeb 2006

LOVE the new car

Love my new Hyundai Accent. I use it for work 3 days a week & find myself taking small adventures to little cafes & shop that are out of the way on my days off just to drive my car. It looks great, drives extremely well, is comfortable & very economic. Got it for a great price! Up for the 1st service but they're all capped. The Hyundai team were great & made a huge fuss for presentation/pick up. My 1st drive, like every one, is a dream come true!!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Amazing

myself and my family used this car everyday for almost 10 years, it was amazing with only small problems here and there like spark plugs going. This car saved me as i was in a car crash and the crumple zones i the front of it helped me. I really recommended this vehicle

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedSep 2007

Amazed!

I use this car for everyday purposes! To work, to study, to the shops, to anywhere and everywhere! never had any issue with this car over the last 7 months! Comfortable, little and smooth to drive. It’s reliable and a trustworthy car and makes all my adventures small or far a fun time! The functions and accessories compliment the entire car!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Value for money

This was my first new car. I have it specifically in the sedan - which was hard to find! Most city cars I found were the standard hatchbacks. Anyway I semi-regularly use it for commuting and shopping, and occasionally for longer country trips. It holds up well either way and has great fuel economy. Also has 5 year warranty. I get a lot of use out of the Bluetooth and the reverse park sensors (extra), though I really wish it had Android Auto.

BodySedan
Date PurchasedDec 2016

Accent Sports

Great performance, has some get up and go. Previously had the Veloster. This is the same vehicle with a the same motor but a different body.
Very happy, use about $30 a week in petrol. Never missed a beat, comfortable, easy to drive. Only thing I am missing is a reversing camera, otherwise has all the bells and whistles. Great value for money.

BadgeSR
Date PurchasedJan 2016

Fails safety test

Whilst stopped at the lights, the driver of a minibus (reading a text message) ran into the rear of my vehicle at full speed and pushed it forward into another stationary car. The airbags did not activate which resulted in the two occupants being hurt. If passengers had been in the back seat, they would have been seriously injured from the impact which wrote ff my car. Buyer beware!

BadgeActive
Engine Size1.4
Date PurchasedMar 2017

I have a problem with my radio it turns on and can change modes but there is no sound coming from the speakers why would this be? It's a 2015 hyundai accent

Not Sure if Any1 else has encountered this issue. I bought a brand new Hyundai Accent Sport 2017 last year. Since day-1, i can feel the accelerator is too sensitive (comparing to my old Holden)... Whenever i try to level to a particular speed, the car jerks up & down (though the jerk is not much noticeable by other passengers in car but the driver can feel it's not smooth). I got this checked by Hyundai technicians and they responded with a comment "this is what it is. the sensors may be too sensitive but we cannot change it as the software comes via the company". I just want to check if sm1 else has also observed this?
Yes, I have found the same thing on my 2017 Accent Sport manual. When cruising at 60 Kph in 4th gear on light throttle, the engine falters and bucks slightly ( only the driver notices it and it would be very difficult to demonstrate it to a mechanic). Much more noticeable with the aircon on as it cycles on and off. I figure that it is the second cheapest new car to put on the road (after the Mirage) so you cannot expect perfection in all areas, but it does detract from driving pleasure in an otherwise great little car.Yes, so glad someone else is experiencing the same thing. I have a Sport auto and its hard to drive smoothly. It almost feels like the car has regenerative braking when you lift of the accelerator. At about 50 kph, it will also drop down a gear when you lift off the pedal. Passengers have started to notice it too, commenting that it feels like the car is surging. It's a shame as everything else about the car is great. I'm going to ask the service people if they can do something to the electronic settings in the transmission when it next gets serviced.

Any reviews for 2018 hyundai accent sports sedan?
Generally very good all over, except for a dodgy anti-shake engine mount that lasts between 30.000 and 60,000 km... but Hyundai will replace it. Needs an RWC or Service to find out... you must ASK them to check the Mounting or they may not notice! The 2018 Model Accent now uses a Hydro-Fluid Auto instead of CVT I believe... though I haven't had any trouble with the belt drive CVT - yet.

Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Active (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Elite (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Premium (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Sport Manual (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Sport Auto (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Active (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Elite (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Premium (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Sport Manual (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Sport Auto (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) SR (2011-2019)Hyundai Accent LC (2000-2006)Hyundai Accent MC (2006-2009)
CategoryCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars, Hatchbacks and SedansCars, Hatchbacks and Sedans
Starting Price $16,990$20,990$22,990$15,490$17,490$16,990$20,590$22,990$15,490$17,490$18,990$18,353$17,490
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT) and ManualAutomaticAutomaticManualAutomaticContinuously Variable (CVT) and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualManualAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels14" Steel16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy14" Steel16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy13" Alloy14" Steel
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars3 Stars
Doors444445555555
Seats555555555555
Fuel Consumption6.4 L/100km6.6 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.3 L/100km6.6 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.6 L/100km6.6 L/100km6.3 L/100km7 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L45 L
Engine4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L
Max Power74kW @ 6000rpm103kW @ 6300rpm91kW @ 6300rpm103kW @ 6300rpm103kW @ 6300rpm74kW @ 6000rpm91kW @ 6300rpm91kW @ 6300rpm103kW @ 6300rpm103kW @ 6300rpm103kW @ 6300rpm82kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque133Nm @ 3500rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm156Nm @ 4200rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm133Nm @ 3500rpm156Nm @ 4200rpm156Nm @ 4200rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm145Nm @ 4500rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Safety Features
  • Reversing Camera
  • Reversing Camera
Extra Features
  • Automatic Headlights
  • USB Port
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2000Jan 2006
Discontinuation dateDec 2006Dec 2009