Hyundai Accent

Hyundai Accent

RB, LC and MC

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

KrustySydney, NSW

Super great value

Just traded in accent 2000 model after purchasing for partner 19yrs ago,I can not believe Hyundai still sell these cars at these prices,the sedan is bigger for our now family of five,misses loves it,Kids love it,I love it,I can't believe people would pay any more for a car,Cheers,Krusty.

Purchased in September 2019 at Hyundai Dealers for $16,500.00.

JordanMurray Mallee, SA

Amazing car

I bought my Accent sport just over a year ago now and am loving all the comfort and sporty features. It gets me from point A to point B in comfort.

Purchased in August 2018 at Duttons.

TransmissionSemi-Automatic

Feng Lan L.

Feng Lan L.

This car is smooth

I love this new Accent Sport. 1.6 lt engine means it's more powerful than my previous Yaris. Everything is perfect on it. Brakes take a few weeks to run in, I've done 1100 km in a month, and I get a complimentary service at 1500km, will book that soon. Great little car.

Purchased in August 2019 at Heartland Motors for $17,490.00.

Geoff

GeoffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Major failure under 10k

We bought a my19 accent new in march this year as a cheap run around, the car car itself is not to bad considering what u pay for it good features for price range. But car has had a couple of issues since new heavy on fuel cruise control faut and now a major gearbox/clutch faliure, with only 9k on clock.saying that i cant complain about Hyundai service dept at the moment as have been accommodating in issues so we will see how we go with this major falure. This was our first Hyundai i dont think we will be buying another unfortunately

Purchased in March 2019 at Berwick hyundai for $13,000.00.

Beth

Beth

Slow but cheap

Nice car though it seems to get stuck in gears and is quite sluggish in the morning. Nice fuel economy so can’t complain too much, will be looking to upgrade to a bigger Hyundai though.

TRISH

TRISHMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Exceeded my Expectations.

I'm retired but very busy and need a reliable car. I have been a one brand car for years and switch to Hyundai because of a high recommendation and the cost. Brought new and after 2 years it hasn't missed a beat. I use it every day, have it serviced by Hyundai, a very professional and friendly team, and at a very reasonable cost. The only issue with this great little car is a blind spot either side of the back windows of the car. But once aware of this, it has made me a very cautious driver, because of this, I double check before changing lanes. I will definitely buy an other Hyundai, this is an " entry" model and I will be upgrading next time, not that I'm in a hurry as I'm so happy driving my" Arrabella Accent" as I call her!!!.

Purchased in November 2017 at Morphett Vale Hyundai Distributor for $15,000.00.

Year2017

Chris Ross

Chris RossSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hyundai .. A perfect vehicle for a City Girl with loads to lug around

I drive it! Transporting all number of goodies from wide screen TVs to tables and chairs, antiques that are rare and all sorts of fare.
Five days could go by until I use my Hyundai.
Fixed five yearly Services with not a mention of a mechanical issue.

Purchased in July 2015 at James Frizelle's Automotive Group for $20,000.00.

Year2015

TygerEyes

TygerEyesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Grea reliable car

Great family car has plenty if room in back seats for an adult. Cheap to run getting around 600kms to a tank. Huge space in trunk with seats that can fold down. Cheap to service and have never had any problems. Great sound system with full hands free and blu tooth phone connection.

Purchased in August 2016 at Hyundai Dealers for $21,999.00.

Year2016

Le A.

Le A.Sydney, NSW

Economical small car

Purchased this brand new for myself and twins and is perfect for the three of us. However adding a tall front passenger makes it crampy. No Android play as advertised when I made the purchase.

Pros fuel economy is awesome in my 6spd manual. Spacious boot that fits my son's wheelchair in.
Interior is nice for a cheap car and easy to clean. Has all the bells and whistles that don't come on some of the other companies models in the price range.

Purchased in June 2018 at Camden valley motors for $16,000.00.

Zac W.

Zac W.Central West, NSW

Great little car

Great little car very good size for a little sedan and the boot is amazing there has been heaps of great Hyundai in my family and this is another great Hyundai product very easy simple to drive car.

Purchased in May 2019 at James Frizelle's Automotive Group.

Jay28

Jay28SYDNEY

ok for the cost

Bought this car brand new in run out sale.

Pros: good on fuel, lots of airbags, small and cheap for a new car.

Cons: suspension is rubbish, no cd player, crooked gear shift (I will never buy a car with one again) brakes jerk really hard when starting car in cold weather, noisy.

Purchased in February 2018 at Hyundai Dealers for $16,000.00.

Year2017

KETAN P.

KETAN P.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not good

Not really good car....weast of your money
Customer service horrible and car is not really powerful and all dealers selling car so once you buy car company cant help you to solve your problem

Purchased in April 2019.

Clem

Clem

Perfect family car

We only use car for weekly grocery and taking our little baby for check up.
Our car is serviced annually and as i take it to Hyundai service they give an extra year free roadside assistance.
So far there has not been any mechanical issues. I do note when on highway the motor doesn't feel powerful.

Purchased in August 2017.

BoughtUsed
Year2016

Rick

RickMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Efficient & effective but issues

Purchased in December 2018 at Maughan Thiem.

inara

inara

worried about driving up a mountain with air con.

My 2018 Hyundai Accent is very heavy to drive up hills if the air-con is working. I am unsure about taking it for a drive up a mountain in summer. I have asked for info from the service centre but they have not yet called back. It also seems to use a lot of fuel.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
1964kazza

1964kazzaBrisbane

Wonderful car

Bought the new Hyundai Accent 2018 Sport model in April this year - terrific car, reliable, economical- only negative was no CD player - otherwise great car and great buy.
This model was upgraded from previous models with alloy wheels, leather steering wheel and 1.6litre engine. Would have to add that seats aren’t the most comfortable, but ok for short trips and commuting

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Bella

Bellaperth

Great run around

I purchased my 2012 Hyundai Accent from an elderly couple. I use the car to commute to work and the school runs daily. Both my taller kids fit in the car easily and my husband which is 6 foot 2 comfortably. I find having the diesel model on a full tank of fuel will last me the full 2 weeks if i am running around my area. It is very zippy. Never had any problems with the car. Would definitely recommend to buy for anyone.
My only negative comment about the car is that the turning circle is not very good for the size of the car. My husbands 2017 Pajero Sports has a better turning circle which I was really surprised.

Badge$8000
Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Jazzmyn H

Jazzmyn HAU

soo reliable

I’ve had this car for 5 years. It’s sturdy and cheap to take care of, even though I use it for daily long distance travel it handles itself quite well. I don’t get it serviced as much as I should and it still does surprisingly well and is reasonably reliable.

Badge(No Badge)
Engine Size1.5
Date PurchasedFeb 2006

Sue M

Sue MSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOVE the new car

Love my new Hyundai Accent. I use it for work 3 days a week & find myself taking small adventures to little cafes & shop that are out of the way on my days off just to drive my car. It looks great, drives extremely well, is comfortable & very economic. Got it for a great price! Up for the 1st service but they're all capped. The Hyundai team were great & made a huge fuss for presentation/pick up. My 1st drive, like every one, is a dream come true!!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Jay123123

Jay123123brisbane

Amazing

myself and my family used this car everyday for almost 10 years, it was amazing with only small problems here and there like spark plugs going. This car saved me as i was in a car crash and the crumple zones i the front of it helped me. I really recommended this vehicle

Badge(No Badge)
Engine Size1.5
Date PurchasedSep 2007

Ally G.

Ally G.asked

I have 2013 Hyundai Accent manual. while driving today I had numbers eg. 2 3 4 5 intermittently coming up on my screen between the temp gauge and fuel gauge. Does any body know what this means. and how to get rid of it.

Krusty

Hyundai has been contacted and should respond to this question very shortly,I am not sure what this code means,cheers Krusty.

Robbertgiles

Robbertgilesasked

I have a problem with my radio it turns on and can change modes but there is no sound coming from the speakers why would this be? It's a 2015 hyundai accent

Farzan H

Farzan Hasked

Accent RB

Not Sure if Any1 else has encountered this issue. I bought a brand new Hyundai Accent Sport 2017 last year. Since day-1, i can feel the accelerator is too sensitive (comparing to my old Holden)... Whenever i try to level to a particular speed, the car jerks up & down (though the jerk is not much noticeable by other passengers in car but the driver can feel it's not smooth).
I got this checked by Hyundai technicians and they responded with a comment "this is what it is. the sensors may be too sensitive but we cannot change it as the software comes via the company".
I just want to check if sm1 else has also observed this?

joereb
joereb

Yes, I have found the same thing on my 2017 Accent Sport manual. When cruising at 60 Kph in 4th gear on light throttle, the engine falters and bucks slightly ( only the driver notices it and it would be very difficult to demonstrate it to a mechanic). Much more noticeable with the aircon on as it cycles on and off. I figure that it is the second cheapest new car to put on the road (after the Mirage) so you cannot expect perfection in all areas, but it does detract from driving pleasure in an otherwise great little car.

Normanby2001
Normanby2001

Yes, so glad someone else is experiencing the same thing. I have a Sport auto and its hard to drive smoothly. It almost feels like the car has regenerative braking when you lift of the accelerator. At about 50 kph, it will also drop down a gear when you lift off the pedal. Passengers have started to notice it too, commenting that it feels like the car is surging. It's a shame as everything else about the car is great. I'm going to ask the service people if they can do something to the electronic settings in the transmission when it next gets serviced.

Jordan

I’ve got the same thing with my 2018 model guys. It doesn’t like to sit on 50kph at all. It’s either under or over.

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives

Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Active

Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Active (2011-2019)

Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Elite

Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Elite (2011-2019)

1 review
Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Premium

Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Premium (2011-2019)

Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Sport Manual

Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Sport Manual (2011-2019)

Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Sport Auto

Hyundai Accent RB (Sedan) Sport Auto (2011-2019)

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Active

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Active (2011-2019)

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Elite

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Elite (2011-2019)

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Premium

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Premium (2011-2019)

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Sport Manual

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Sport Manual (2011-2019)

1 review
Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Sport Auto

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) Sport Auto (2011-2019)

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) SR

Hyundai Accent RB (Hatchback) SR (2011-2019)

Hyundai Accent LC
  • Discontinued

Hyundai Accent LC (2000-2006)

Hyundai Accent MC
  • Discontinued

Hyundai Accent MC (2006-2009)

CategoryCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars, Hatchbacks and SedansCars, Hatchbacks and Sedans
Starting Price $16,990$20,990$22,990$15,490$17,490$16,990$20,590$22,990$15,490$17,490$18,990$18,353$17,490
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT) and ManualAutomaticAutomaticManualAutomaticContinuously Variable (CVT) and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualManualAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels14" Steel16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy14" Steel16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy13" Alloy14" Steel
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars3 Stars
Doors444445555555
Seats555555555555
Fuel Consumption6.4 L/100km6.6 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.3 L/100km6.6 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.6 L/100km6.6 L/100km6.3 L/100km7 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L43 L45 L
Engine4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.4L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L
Max Power74kW @ 6000rpm103kW @ 6300rpm91kW @ 6300rpm103kW @ 6300rpm103kW @ 6300rpm74kW @ 6000rpm91kW @ 6300rpm91kW @ 6300rpm103kW @ 6300rpm103kW @ 6300rpm103kW @ 6300rpm82kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque133Nm @ 3500rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm156Nm @ 4200rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm133Nm @ 3500rpm156Nm @ 4200rpm156Nm @ 4200rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm167Nm @ 4850rpm145Nm @ 4500rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Safety Features
  • Reversing Camera
  • Reversing Camera
Extra Features
  • Automatic Headlights
  • USB Port
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2000Jan 2006
Discontinuation dateDec 2006Dec 2009