Hyundai Elantra

Hyundai Elantra

AD, HD, MD and XD

2016 brand new

excellent smaller family car .have the auto for ease of city driving motor wise good to use plenty power when need it.. comfort of setout inside 5 yr warranty ease of services by dealer..highly recommend Mitsubishi elantra 2nd 1 we have brought brand new

Purchased in March 2016 at misubishi dealer booval for $23,999.00.

Noise Level
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Mundane small car for the masses

After trading in our beloved Renault Clio, in preparation for our first baby - my partner sort the purchase of new Hyundai Elantra SE sedan.

Inside the Hyundai was huge - plenty of room in the back seats for a baby capsule and nice big boot for the pram.

Aside from that - I really struggled to find anything else I liked about the Hyundai. It was under powered and dynamically uninspiring. The 'woody' steering feel and road noise was a particular highlight in its raw basic nature.

Inside the interior was awful with fake cheap leather seats, poxy sound system and cheap feeling power window buttons etcetc.

After some 2 years and just over 9,000 boring KM's I could help myself but TRADE IT IN... Being like new and with low KM's I didn't get a bad trade in ($14k).

Hyundai's are wonderful vehicles, they are reliable and good value for money but terribly underwhelming and just utterly boring.

You can only learn from things in life.

Purchased in February 2016 for $21,490.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

I love it

I love my Hyundai. I dive it every day. Only thing I’d say it it’s not what I’d call a family car. I have a baby seat in the middle and it’s impossible to get the other two rear seatbelts done up. Had to buy extender straps. Also noisy on start up. For about the first 10 mins it taps loudly. Like the oil is not circulating properly. The dealer assured me this is “ normal” and everything is fine. Beautiful to drive tho and smooth. Good fuel economy. Don’t be fooled by “free” paint protection. I have to pay every year to have it touched up to maintain warranty.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Bet Car I've Owned

Low fuel cost
Gorgeous design
Lots of Room inside and very comfortable seats
Came with Mags
10 yr warranty
Came with RACQ 10 year roadside assistance
I recommend a test drive to people looking for a new sporty car!
Lighting is stylish as Well.
Plenty of space in the boot
Drink spaces

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Not a bad car but service will drive you nuts. The radio is garbage

Not a bad car however the service is terrible. My Bluetooth when I am driving is so distorted I cannot use it. When I ring Hyundai Sinclair Penrith they cannot hear me at all when I complain - I do this so they can hear how bad it is. I have been to the dealers 3 times over this and many calls on the road so they can hear it - it's unusable. Sinclair has agreed to replace the radio. Cartronics - the replacement supplier denies there could be a problem - this is the best that Hyundai can do and produce. Now I am in the middle of supplier denying supply and Sinclair dealer - not the best for a customer. I rang Hyundai customer care regarding this and was told I should do what I am told and go in there at Cartronics demands for a 4th time to prove again to Cartronics what the dealers already knows, wasting my time. I am a busy electrical engineer and this is a company car supplied lease thru Summit. No calls back from Cartronics as they are too busy last week, surprise surprise. This is unbelievable and I hate the car and service now. I expect a whole lot better from Hyundai putting the customer out in the middle of an internal supplier demanding garbage.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent sedan.

Been having the car for almost a year now. I’m glad I went with this Elantra. Well built, cost effective to run. If you’re considering it should spend a bit more (2K from memory) for the Elite version with more features (smart key, etc). Hyndai services is great too. One happy camper.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

A class above

Hyundai have really stepped up the quality and look of the Hyundai Elantra. You get a whole lot for your money. They are packed full of safety and modern features, the car has a great finish. It's a classy looking car and it drives really well for a low, low price tag.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Works okay

We bought this car in Year 2016. It is easy to drive on the highway and city. We love this car’s body shape and leather seats, but the seats are very hot in the summer season if I park the car without shades. It’s radio signal and Bluetooth speaker quality are terrible. More than 50% of time, another person cannot hear my voice. Hyundai could not probably solve the problems.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Great overall package

Have now got 18,000 k's on the clock and is a great car. This is the SR version with the 150kw engine. For the power it has amazing fuel efficiency currently around low 7Lt/100K. Handling is great. Love the paddle shifters, changeable driving modes and lots of other goodies. Only thing that could be improved is the tech with the touch screen a bit basic. Looking forward to the fastback I30N coming for a possible upgrade.

BadgeSR
Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great and Reliable

We purchased hyundai elantra base model in 2015. It was our first brand new car.

It is a great and reliable drive. Stylish and easy to drive. Boot space is huge compared with similar sedan's and seats are comfortable.

Fuel consumption is good to as it gives 13km per litre and more for long drives.

Worth every dollar.

Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedJun 2015

Reliable family car

Great vehicle to drive around town and on the highway. Very quiet engine went stopped at traffic lights or other reasons. I can travel from Bowen to Rockhampton on one tank of fuel. That’s over 600 kms. Easy to parking. Only my cruise control has failed recently. Otherwise all good.

Date PurchasedApr 2012

What a car

This car has everything, its sporty comfortable not noisy has heated electric seats cruise control,great sound system great to drive reliable has never let me down,factory tinted windows,sunroof,reverse camera on the revision mirror CD player in the dash, USB ports economy switch electric mirrors,keyless entry all leather upholstery automatic and manual,just so much going on with this car, sport exhaust, this car is a dream and looks great I added different wheels on it but the original wheels are nice as well hyundi need to bring out a updated version of this it would be the best seller I call mine the top of the range a beautiful car love it mines the MD PREMIUM still holding there value

BadgePremium
Date PurchasedAug 2015

Could Not be Happier

I pur ahased my car as a demo with 4000km on the clock. I have had it 5 months and could not be happier. It is roomy, econmical and provides a smooth ride. My prevoius car was a Camry and I was looking for something slightly smaller but bigger than a Corolla. The Elantra fits the bill perfectly.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Cheap but good

Bought as a cheap run-around car. Although it is ageing the trim, carpets, engine, seats are all like new. No engine faults at all and very reliable. Dash is cracking though, due to heat and it has/had some electrical issues such as the central locking and interior lighting failing but I'm not concerned about these as long as the reliability is there.

BadgeGL
Date PurchasedAug 2016

Disappointing new car experience

We had a disappointing new car experience. Picked up our brand new 2018 Elantra on Friday and an hour after leaving the dealership we turned on the air conditioner, only to realize it's not working. If I realized the air conditioner wasn't working before I handed over my hard earned money, I would not have bought that car and asked for a replacement or full refund. Yeah it's getting fixed now, only after less than 2 hours ownership. Shame on you hyundai and your dealer for selling me a faulty product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

PERFECT ALL ROUNDER !

Brilliant all rounder. got this car on sale (the special edition model) sure I know its not a real leather interior, but its super comfortable, built well, and for a 20K car feels better than you expect for this price point. The engine is quite and will go when pushed. the gearbox is silky smooth and ride is great. The seats are very supportive and conformable. The bot space is simply amazing and the biggest of this class of car. 60,000kms now and not a single fault, rattle, or anything.

BadgeTrophy

17/11/2015 (173,192 k’s) Handbrake cable needs replacing $226.81
25/8/2016 Rocker cover gasket needs replacing $163.85
23/3/2017 Needs another radiator $340.00
Sold vehicle in April 2017 approx 187,000 k’s

Top of radiator is plastic and it is crimped to the metal radiator core. Radiator heats up and cools down and after a while plastic top can separate from core and allow coolant to run out.
Performance was good and fuel wise it was cheap to run.

BadgeGLS
Date PurchasedNov 2014

A cheap, small car, with few problems and good air con.

Handles well,and is easy on the pocket, do hear some tyre noise.
When moving from stop say at roundabout it is not as smooth as I would like. The interior is well fitted, but having lower back problem, I find it hard to get out, especially in a parking area where door can't be fully opened.
I have had a few problems in the early days, one being after putting my shopping in the boot on an extremely hot day, the car wouldn't start. Called road service, but they thought I was in N.T. and didn't dispatch to my locality.
On taking the car to the dealer, they couldn't find anything wrong. Then in the winter there was black smoke from the exhaust, again dealer couldn't find any problem.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Bang for Buck the Elantra Elite is Great Value

With my lifestyle changing I decided to get rid of my Ford Territory and go for something smaller. My Wife recently purchased an I30 and when I drove that I was impressed but needed something bigger. I looked around and I came up with 3 to choose from, Honda Civic, Kia Cerato and the Elantra. I test drove all of them and I had the Civic on top but that was the turbo version. The Cerato and Elantra drove and handled well I felt that the Elantra was more refined. I decided on the Hyundai Elantra as the dealer was prepared to give me a deal. Kia was similar but I just didn’t like the finish. Honda wasn’t prepared to do anything, it was take it or leave it, so I left it. My Fuel use per week is around $40, it was $100. It drives great and handles really well and is comfortable for me. Being 6ft and used to the Territory I am adjusting getting in and out and in saying that I am very comfortable when I drive. Downside and a minor downside is the radio reception is average but as I have an iPhone I just run off and app and it’s great. You get the DAB in the SR version, I feel it should be across the board. If you are tall in the back you will hit your head on the roof. Power wise it’s there, if I put my foot down I am off. Sure, it’s no V8 but I am not 20 anymore. Bang for buck I could not go past the Elantra, service, roadside assistance and warranty is really good value.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Simple and Elegant

First thing that draw my attention was the 5 year warranty. The Elantra has a lot of things going for it but in essence it's well priced, comfortable and reliable.
The driving experience is pleasant. It has a little engine noise when it revs but while cruising is quite.
The interior is modern, stylish and there is good legroom. The Android Auto software upgrade turns the touchscreen into a powerful feature. Having access to Goggle maps with real time traffic, media apps and goggles voice recognition (which works really well), you can have most of your smartphone features interested seamlessly into your car.
The car has great running costs that are averaging 5.7 - 7 litre/100km depends on how much urban traffic is in my daily commute.
Overall I am really satisfied with the Hyundai Elantra and recommend it to be on your shortlist of cars to consider in its class.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018