Hyundai Elantra

Hyundai Elantra

AD.2 (Sedan), AD, HD, MD and XD

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Love the Hyundai .

I have not had the Hyundai very long but after replacing my Toyota Camry which blew a cylinder I could not be happier with the fuel consumption and the many features included in this 2007 model. Being in my senior years I do not use a car as much as in my younger life when I drove interstate regularly and as a taxi proprietor and truck owner I knocked up a few million miles behind the wheel. I drive the car daily and have found no problems with it at present. It is due for a ten thousand km. service and as a precaution I will have the timing belt checked early. I am confident there will be no major surprises. It has notched up one hundred a twenty thousand kms. The full service history shows only brakes and minor parts replaced. Nice easy car to drive. I am expecting this car to give me many happy motoring kilometers.

Purchased at private for $1,800.00.

BoughtUsed
Year2007

Driving my Hyundai Turbo Elantra

Don’t drive the car as much as I want to as when you get in it you just want to take off for a great long drive . Plenty of power .Very fuel efficient. Its had its second service and found no issues at all with it . The dealer at Hyundai Robina have been great .They drop you where you want to go while waiting or you can sit and have a coffee while doing your emails .

Purchased in August 2018.

Year2018

Excellent value for money

I bought a 2012 second hand in 2015 and have had it for four years. I drove it for a couple years on a long commute, 160 kms round trip. Hubby regularly used it for long surf trips, too, so we have driven it from about 20k kms to 160k. We’ve never had a major problem. It is economical to run and maintain. It comfortably seats 4 and I’ve driven three 11 yr old boys in the back no problem.

Purchased in February 2015.

BoughtUsed
Year2012
Comfort

Great Car with a decent price tag

I have used this car for over 5 years now. You will love the power steering and is still better than many new cars in the current market. Both exterior and the interiors stand-out. Never had any issues apart from wear and tear for the first 5 years. Cruise control seems to be a common issue with these models as it ages.

Purchased in July 2013.

Year2012

2016 brand new

excellent smaller family car .have the auto for ease of city driving motor wise good to use plenty power when need it.. comfort of setout inside 5 yr warranty ease of services by dealer..highly recommend Mitsubishi elantra 2nd 1 we have brought brand new

Purchased in March 2016 at misubishi dealer booval for $23,999.00.

Year2016
Comfort

Mundane small car for the masses

After trading in our beloved Renault Clio, in preparation for our first baby - my partner sort the purchase of new Hyundai Elantra SE sedan.

Inside the Hyundai was huge - plenty of room in the back seats for a baby capsule and nice big boot for the pram.

Aside from that - I really struggled to find anything else I liked about the Hyundai. It was under powered and dynamically uninspiring. The 'woody' steering feel and road noise was a particular highlight in its raw basic nature.

Inside the interior was awful with fake cheap leather seats, poxy sound system and cheap feeling power window buttons etcetc.

After some 2 years and just over 9,000 boring KM's I could help myself but TRADE IT IN... Being like new and with low KM's I didn't get a bad trade in ($14k).

Hyundai's are wonderful vehicles, they are reliable and good value for money but terribly underwhelming and just utterly boring.

You can only learn from things in life.

Purchased in February 2016 for $21,490.00.

Year2016

I love it

I love my Hyundai. I dive it every day. Only thing I’d say it it’s not what I’d call a family car. I have a baby seat in the middle and it’s impossible to get the other two rear seatbelts done up. Had to buy extender straps. Also noisy on start up. For about the first 10 mins it taps loudly. Like the oil is not circulating properly. The dealer assured me this is “ normal” and everything is fine. Beautiful to drive tho and smooth. Good fuel economy. Don’t be fooled by “free” paint protection. I have to pay every year to have it touched up to maintain warranty.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Bet Car I've Owned

Low fuel cost
Gorgeous design
Lots of Room inside and very comfortable seats
Came with Mags
10 yr warranty
Came with RACQ 10 year roadside assistance
I recommend a test drive to people looking for a new sporty car!
Lighting is stylish as Well.
Plenty of space in the boot
Drink spaces

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Not a bad car but service will drive you nuts. The radio is garbage

Not a bad car however the service is terrible. My Bluetooth when I am driving is so distorted I cannot use it. When I ring Hyundai Sinclair Penrith they cannot hear me at all when I complain - I do this so they can hear how bad it is. I have been to the dealers 3 times over this and many calls on the road so they can hear it - it's unusable. Sinclair has agreed to replace the radio. Cartronics - the replacement supplier denies there could be a problem - this is the best that Hyundai can do and produce. Now I am in the middle of supplier denying supply and Sinclair dealer - not the best for a customer. I rang Hyundai customer care regarding this and was told I should do what I am told and go in there at Cartronics demands for a 4th time to prove again to Cartronics what the dealers already knows, wasting my time. I am a busy electrical engineer and this is a company car supplied lease thru Summit. No calls back from Cartronics as they are too busy last week, surprise surprise. This is unbelievable and I hate the car and service now. I expect a whole lot better from Hyundai putting the customer out in the middle of an internal supplier demanding garbage.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent sedan.

Been having the car for almost a year now. I’m glad I went with this Elantra. Well built, cost effective to run. If you’re considering it should spend a bit more (2K from memory) for the Elite version with more features (smart key, etc). Hyndai services is great too. One happy camper.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

A class above

Hyundai have really stepped up the quality and look of the Hyundai Elantra. You get a whole lot for your money. They are packed full of safety and modern features, the car has a great finish. It's a classy looking car and it drives really well for a low, low price tag.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Works okay

We bought this car in Year 2016. It is easy to drive on the highway and city. We love this car’s body shape and leather seats, but the seats are very hot in the summer season if I park the car without shades. It’s radio signal and Bluetooth speaker quality are terrible. More than 50% of time, another person cannot hear my voice. Hyundai could not probably solve the problems.

BadgeSE
Date PurchasedMar 2016

Great overall package

Have now got 18,000 k's on the clock and is a great car. This is the SR version with the 150kw engine. For the power it has amazing fuel efficiency currently around low 7Lt/100K. Handling is great. Love the paddle shifters, changeable driving modes and lots of other goodies. Only thing that could be improved is the tech with the touch screen a bit basic. Looking forward to the fastback I30N coming for a possible upgrade.

BadgeSR
Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great and Reliable

We purchased hyundai elantra base model in 2015. It was our first brand new car.

It is a great and reliable drive. Stylish and easy to drive. Boot space is huge compared with similar sedan's and seats are comfortable.

Fuel consumption is good to as it gives 13km per litre and more for long drives.

Worth every dollar.

Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedJun 2015

Reliable family car

Great vehicle to drive around town and on the highway. Very quiet engine went stopped at traffic lights or other reasons. I can travel from Bowen to Rockhampton on one tank of fuel. That’s over 600 kms. Easy to parking. Only my cruise control has failed recently. Otherwise all good.

BadgeSE
Date PurchasedApr 2012

What a car

This car has everything, its sporty comfortable not noisy has heated electric seats cruise control,great sound system great to drive reliable has never let me down,factory tinted windows,sunroof,reverse camera on the revision mirror CD player in the dash, USB ports economy switch electric mirrors,keyless entry all leather upholstery automatic and manual,just so much going on with this car, sport exhaust, this car is a dream and looks great I added different wheels on it but the original wheels are nice as well hyundi need to bring out a updated version of this it would be the best seller I call mine the top of the range a beautiful car love it mines the MD PREMIUM still holding there value

BadgePremium
Date PurchasedAug 2015

Could Not be Happier

I pur ahased my car as a demo with 4000km on the clock. I have had it 5 months and could not be happier. It is roomy, econmical and provides a smooth ride. My prevoius car was a Camry and I was looking for something slightly smaller but bigger than a Corolla. The Elantra fits the bill perfectly.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Cheap but good

Bought as a cheap run-around car. Although it is ageing the trim, carpets, engine, seats are all like new. No engine faults at all and very reliable. Dash is cracking though, due to heat and it has/had some electrical issues such as the central locking and interior lighting failing but I'm not concerned about these as long as the reliability is there.

BadgeGL
Date PurchasedAug 2016

Disappointing new car experience

We had a disappointing new car experience. Picked up our brand new 2018 Elantra on Friday and an hour after leaving the dealership we turned on the air conditioner, only to realize it's not working. If I realized the air conditioner wasn't working before I handed over my hard earned money, I would not have bought that car and asked for a replacement or full refund. Yeah it's getting fixed now, only after less than 2 hours ownership. Shame on you hyundai and your dealer for selling me a faulty product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

PERFECT ALL ROUNDER !

Brilliant all rounder. got this car on sale (the special edition model) sure I know its not a real leather interior, but its super comfortable, built well, and for a 20K car feels better than you expect for this price point. The engine is quite and will go when pushed. the gearbox is silky smooth and ride is great. The seats are very supportive and conformable. The bot space is simply amazing and the biggest of this class of car. 60,000kms now and not a single fault, rattle, or anything.

BadgeTrophy
Date PurchasedFeb 2014

I am looking at fitting a tow bar to my 2004 Elantra hatchback, does anyone know if I can wire it straight in or need something because of the computer? thanks

Does the 2018 Hyundai Elantra Elite have a better audio system than the base model?

Looking at buying a Elantra Elite demo. Are seats and suspension better than the base model? Also have they fixed the audio/Bluetooth problem? I’m also looking at the Kia Serato Sports. Any advice or suggestions appreciated.
Hi Peter, I have the base model, so I can't comment on whether the suspension and seats are better on the elite model but I'm very happy with my seats and suspension. Also, I have never experienced any issues with the audio/bluetooth in my elantra and I use it all the time.

Hyundai Elantra AD.2 (Sedan) Active (2018-2019)Hyundai Elantra AD.2 (Sedan) Go Manual (2018-2019)Hyundai Elantra AD.2 (Sedan) Go Automatic (2018-2019)Hyundai Elantra AD.2 (Sedan) Sport Manual (2018-2019)Hyundai Elantra AD.2 (Sedan) Sport DCT (2018-2019)Hyundai Elantra AD.2 (Sedan) Sport Premium Manual (2018-2019)Hyundai Elantra AD.2 (Sedan) Sport Premium DCT (2018-2019)Hyundai Elantra AD Active (2016-2018)Hyundai Elantra AD Elite (2016-2018)Hyundai Elantra AD SR Turbo (2016-2018)Hyundai Elantra AD Trophy (2016-2018)Hyundai Elantra HD (2006-2011)Hyundai Elantra MD (2011-2015)Hyundai Elantra XD (2000-2006)
CategoryCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars, Hatchbacks and Sedans
Starting Price $25,990$21,490$23,790$28,990$31,490$31,490$33,990$24,250$26,990$31,290$25,350$21,990$23,290$24,980
TransmissionAutomaticManualAutomaticManualDual-Clutch (DCT)ManualDual-Clutch (DCT)Automatic and ManualAutomaticDual-Clutch (DCT) and ManualAutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels16" Alloy15" Alloy15" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy16" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy15" Steel15" Steel15" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars3 Stars4 Stars3 Stars
Doors44444444444444
Seats55555555555555
Fuel Consumption7.4 L/100km7.4 L/100km7.4 L/100km7.8 L/100km7 L/100km7.8 L/100km7 L/100km7.2 L/100km7.2 L/100km7.2 L/100km7.2 L/100km7.8 L/100km7.1 L/100km9.1 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L53 L50 L55 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.8L4 Cylinder 2.0L
Max Power112kW @ 6200rpm112kW @ 6200rpm112kW @ 6200rpm150kW @ 6000rpm150kW @ 6000rpm150kW @ 6000rpm150kW @ 6000rpm112kW @ 6200rpm112kW @ 6200rpm150kW @ 6000rpm112kW @ 6200rpm105kW @ 6000rpm110kW @ 6500rpm105kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque192Nm @ 4700rpm192Nm @ 4700rpm192Nm @ 4700rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm192Nm @ 4000rpm192Nm @ 4000rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm192Nm @ 4000rpm186Nm @ 4000rpm178Nm @ 4700rpm186Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Safety Features
  • Automatic Boot
  • Heated Seats
  • Sunroof
  • Power Steering
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateFeb 2018Feb 2018Feb 2018Feb 2018Feb 2018Feb 2018Feb 2018Feb 2016Feb 2016Feb 2016Feb 2016Aug 2006Jun 2011Aug 2000
Discontinuation dateJan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2018Jan 2018May 2011Jan 2015Jul 2006