Hyundai i30

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great Car

Love our baby it's our 3rd i30 and there will probably be a 4th. Awesome car never had a problem. The interior is roomy and comfortable. The exterior is gorgeous and it's so easy to drive!!!

Purchased in August 2018 at Norris Motor Group .

TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)

Comfort all around!

Love this medium sized beauty. Short trip or long trips it always is a pleasure to drive. It has comfort great features and handles very well.
The interior is sporty and looks very modern with plenty of storage in the doors the center console and glove box. The Hatch has plenty of room for groceries and the spare tyre is hidden and unnoticeable. For extra space just fold the back seats down and i can fit my whole drum kit easily in minutes.
The exterior is also sporty looking with a touch class. The 2.6ltr engine has plenty of go and even with 5 people in the car. I very slight struggle i found going up hill though. The suspension is very is just right, not too firm or soft so any road bumps are barely felt. Has reverse camera and beeping sensors for easy parking, Mp3 player, hooks up to iphone and has bluetooth for hands free phone calls.
All in all a great package for a reasonable price, so you wont be sorry.

Purchased in December 2018 at Hyundai Dealers for $24,500.00.

Love my i30!

I purchased the car in 2013. I was concerned about a smaller car after having had a Magna sedan and a Ford wagon (work car). I need not have worried. It is the best car I have ever had. I love it. It is so roomy, front and especially in the back for passengers' legs. I do short, medium and long trips and it has never let me down. The car is serviced yearly. I drive it most days. It is as good as if I had brought it yesterday. Not sure that today's car would match this one! Plenty of boot room. Great fuel economy - 9.5/100KM. Would recommend this car, even for a second car.

Purchased in June 2013 at Nunawading Hyundai for $29,990.00.

Year2013
Comfort

Not a single issue. I love my car!

I purchased my Hyundai i30 GD Series II back in 2016 and I haven't had a single issue since.
It still runs like it is brand new! The customer service I received from Hyundai when buying my car was amazing and I am so glad I chose this car.

I have always kept my services regular and not once have I had any problems. The internal sound recording system is my favorite part!! I can record any songs I love on the radio or my phone and listen to them later.

Purchased in January 2016 at Sinclair Hyundai Penrith for $26,000.00.

Year2016

Running good since 2010

In the beginning, I under estimate Korean car. I bought SLX 2.0L Fuel model that came with leather steering cover and leather gear handle.
It's been 9 years still running great. low maintenance service. Big space for luggage.
The fuel ratio is around 10/100KM.

Wouldn't drive any other car but my i30 !!

My i30 is dependable, comfortable, speedy, economic on fuel, looks good, mechanically sound and never had a problem with it in over 4 years of ownership :o)
I drive it every day, some short and some long trips - good as gold.
I have my i30 serviced twice a year and the mechanic always gives me great reports.
There's a lot of cars out there, I'd thoroughly recommend my i30 - 100% :o)

Purchased in May 2015 at Hyundai Osborne Park.

Comfort

It’s a good everyday vehicle.

My organisation has the Hyundai i30 as their company car of choice. It’s quite comfortable and the CarPlay feature is great, especially for my iPhone and the longer drives. It’s relatively economical for a car of its size.

Purchased in July 2017.

Year2017

Excellent work vehicle

We now have 3 I30's in our fleet.
They are used for our technicians to do onsite visits for our business and residential customers.
They have been completely trouble free, are very economical, fabulous to drive, and look great, especially with our livery.
I have nothing but praise for these vehicles, and in fact, have had only good experiences with Hyundai with all of our different fleet cars over many years.
Highly recommended

Purchased in February 2018 at Ross Granata Motors for $22,000.00.

Nice little car!

Great little car I drive round town everyday. Does everything you want a small car to do for a competitive price. Bought this car as it was the best value for money when compared to other cars and it hasn't let us down. Zips around and very nice to drive.

Purchased in April 2019.

Year2019
Comfort

Fantastic car with a cracking little turbo!

I bought an i30 SR DCT (now the N-Line in their line up) brand new in November 2018. Paid just under $25k for it after they gave me a $5k trade in. I've had the car for 7 months now and I've done just over 18,000 klms. I use this car every day, mostly for highway driving and I haven't had a single problem with it. Android auto, Radar cruise control, Lane keeping assist and Blind spot monitoring are all features I could not live without now! Especially radar cruise, it takes the stress out of highway driving. Even with a turbo, the car uses a little bit less fuel than my old 2009 Lancer which had a standard 2.0 engine. I usually use between 5.5-6.5L/100klm on my mostly highway commute. It runs on 91 unleaded too. Many other cars in this league (Focus, Astra, Golf) require 95 premium fuel.
Whilst the DCT gearbox takes some getting used to, it is fantastic for overtaking. Super quick and responsive when you need it. It isn't so smooth in bumper to bumper traffic because of the nature of the gearbox but I'm rarely ever in that sort of traffic for longer than 2-3 minutes a day.
The car is very quiet on all but rough/coarse highway roads and handles really well. Put it in sport mode and the beast is really unleashed. It goes like it is possessed! If you are looking for something sporty, with a bit of luxury but you don't want to break the bank, then an i30 SR (or N-Line in their 2019 line up) is amazing value. Especially if you don't really want to spend an extra $10-14K on a Golf GTi or something similar.

Purchased in November 2018 at Hyundai Dealers for $29,888.00.

TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)
Comfort

Bought brand new, had lots of issues with car and dealer. Will never buy Hyundai again.

Bought new from Hyundai dealer, had trouble with the transmission from day one, zero km on the clock. Took it back 7 times in the five months I owned it.

On its visits to the dealer they :-

Adjusted the cables to the transmission
Changed the transmission oil, thinking it was wrong oil from the manufacturer
Took the transmission out and replaced 2nd gear synchro. Gave it me back, then wouldn't go into 5th on the way home from the dealer. Took it back again and demanded a new transmission be fitted as I was now fed up going back and forth to the dealer.

I was told Hyundai will repair the transmission as part of their warranty agreement, but will not replace it so I sold it back to the dealer at a $3,000 loss after 5 months.

Would I buy another Hyundai...... no. Not any model, I am now done with the brand.

Would I recommend to another....... no. I have successfully talked 16 people out of buying Hyundai and will continue to do so.

Any car can be troublesome and many cars are, but when you buy brand new and the manufacturer disrespects your customer loyalty, that's the end for me.

If you still want to buy from Hyundai, test drive the car your ACTUALLY BUYING!!!!!! I should have done this and I would have demanded it be fixed before handing over my cash.

Purchased in March 2013.

Year2013

Perfcet

lOVE MY I30 WAGON ...
I have done 100km in my I30 and its still immaculate.
I am due for a service, fuel great as i'm traveling 90min a day to work and usually fill up one a week.

Purchased in August 2018 for $12,000.00.

Year2014

Love my car!!

Amazing car! Feels so sporty and zippy to get where you need to go! I drive my car everyday, whether it be to and from work or just a casual weekend drive and it never misses a beat!

Only down fall is if you have long legs, the back seat is definitely a squeeze.

Purchased in October 2018 at Hyundai Dealers for $25,000.00.

Major Engine Failure 3 months old

I purchased a brand new 2018 SR Premium Auto in NOV18. I had the car for 3 months/3000kms until it presented major engine failure. I'm going on almost 2 months without my vehicle, firstly they thought failed coil packs, the part took a month to arrive from Korea and fit. Once the part was fitted, it did not fix the engine cutting power/surging which was unsafe to drive. They then thought injectors were the problem which were replaced a week later and that also did not fix the issue. It took 30 days for Hyundai to determine that engine had failed and would need a replacement. A replacement engine would take 3 weeks to receive the part and fit. I've kindly asked for a replacement vehicle however the colour Polar White is not available or so they say, however other dealerships state they have stock and would ask me to pay $5000 more on top of what i had already paid for my original vehicle. The dealership i purchased the car from has failed to meet to my request & i have had nothing but mixed messages. I sourced a car for my replacement but they are advising that other Hyundai dealerships do not have to transfer stock though im completely put out with the vehicles failure. Hyundai HQ is wiping their hands of me and refuses to be even slightly helpful in my lowest of moments. I hope that none of you experience a major failure with the car because your vehicle will be butchered and your faith in the brand will be lost along the way.

Purchased in November 2018 at Hyundai Dealers for $33,500.00.

Comfort

ticks all the boxes except one

I love this car, has features that are helpful like the speed camera warnings. I use the car for Ubering so fuel cost are noticeably higher. At start of refueling you can reset the mileage use per full tank, it reads around 643km but at best I get
480kms. Eco mode and normal mode makes no difference so I drive in normal to get the car's full power out of it, Eco mode restricts the acceleration resulting in cars behind are tailgating at times. Otherwise would definitely recommend this car.

Purchased in January 2019 for $25,000.00.

Peeling steering wheel

My car is used on a daily basis for private use and I am the only driver.
I haven't even done 50,000kms in my car and I am having this problem with my peeling steering wheel.
My car is serviced regularly by the same mechanic.

Purchased in March 2014 for $22,999.00.

TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS - 78,000 km's

I booked the vehicle into Challenger Ford Rockingham on 29th March 2019 for auto transmission repairs - I had covered myself with the extended warranty for 5 years at a cost of $1200. The vehicle was sent to Hyundai Service centre nearby and a new transmission valve body was fitted at a cost of $3000 (apparently... still awaiting paperwork to verify). The fault in the transmission remains according to Hyundai - they say they couldn't complete the repairs without a complete transmission overhaul or replacement - new transmission cost $9000 and overhaul approx $4000? - my $3000 claim under extended warranty has been totally used up - now I have a car (running very well I thought - until this major problem) with hassles and a real headache. Knowing what I know now I would never buy Hyundai, and do NOT buy extended warranty. It's all a bit of a game from where I sit. The matter is ongoing with Consumer Affairs.
W Smeets

Purchased in November 2017 for $13,088.00.

Year2012

the best heckin car

cost of petrol is low, fast, safe and reliable. ive had my i30 for years and i love it. its a small car but you'd be surprised what you can fit in the back. its great.

Purchased in July 2016.

Year2016

Good car but disappointing Hyundai Customer Care

My Hyundai I30 has done 45,000km and at its' service I noticed a paint defect (see photo) on the column behind the driver's seat. The Hyundai dealer sent photos to Hyundai and I communicated with their Customer Care as well. Two panel beaters said the defect was due to "exteranl influences" - ? rubbing. I have driven for more than 50 years and have never had this issue before. The only thing I can guess as a possible cause was the seat belt flicking back and hitting this column when released, when the car was new.
Hyundai have declined to assist me in any way. The repair will cost $150. Their attitude is disappointing as I do not feel that I have caused the defect by recklessness or lack of care.

Purchased in April 2016.

Better daily than i30n and Focus ST

So far been loving the car. Mine is the i30 SR 2018 MANUAL. Before buying it, I test drove on 3 occasions the i30N and the Focus ST as well. My main focus was to get the engaging feeling of the manual and turbo engine, but some creature comforts and tech features. I know, they are on different leagues, but all of them have the same overall interior size and Manual gearboxes.

The i30N, even in comfort mode was harsh in city driving and potholes were felt through out my spine. The pops and crackles from the exhaust were a blast, though. Very fast. The Focus ST was fun, but after 30minutes, I got sick of fighting the massive torque steer, every time I went near the throttle. Also the suspension was very much for track usage. Also very fast and such a waste on mostly city driving.

The i30SR on the other hand was very composed and grown up, like a sleeper. If you step on, it it goes, faster than you can actually use on a real-world scenario. The suspension is firm but comfortable. The shifter is notchy on the right amount and havent been tiresome on the las 11 months of daily heavy traffic usage during rush hour. On the weekends I take it to some mountain roads and have a blast on it.
Amazing all rounder. Zero complaints.

Purchased in May 2018.

Comfort

What does the flashing red light upper left in the multimedia console mean? I30 gd2. Only displays when engine is stopped. Turns off in accessories and while driving and when car parked.
Its your alarmAlarm for what? There is a security light near the wipers on top of the dash. This one is on the front of the media center upper left with GD02 marked just next to it.I don't have that on my media centre. If there is nothing in the car guide then you should ask a Service Rep at Hyundai. I do have the security light you are talking about up near the wipers. That is the alarm.

can you disable the DAB radio?
You would need to contact a professional at a Hyundai outlet for this answer. I don’t understand the question.My father keeps loosing reception on DAB and wants to just use normal am/fm radio

What does "No Destination" mean on the screen.
Don’t know what you mean by no destination?That is what is written on the screen on the dash when driving Heather.

Hyundai i30 PD Active 2.0 L Petrol Manual (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Active 2.0 L Petrol Auto (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Active 1.6 L Diesel Manual (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Active 1.6 L Diesel DCT (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Elite 2.0 L Petrol Auto (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Elite 1.6 L Diesel DCT (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Go 2.0 L Petrol Manual (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Go 2.0 L Petrol Auto (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Go 1.6 L Diesel Manual (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Go 1.6 L Diesel DCT (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD N Line 1.6 L Petrol Manual (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD N Line 1.6 L Petrol DCT (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD N Line Premium (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD N Performance (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Premium 2.0 L Petrol Auto (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Premium 1.6 L Diesel DCT (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD SR 1.6 L Petrol DCT (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD SR 1.6 L Petrol Manual (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD SR Premium (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 PD Trophy (2017-2019)Hyundai i30 FD (2007-2012)Hyundai i30 GD (2012-2016)
CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacksHatchbacks
Starting Price $21,090$23,390$23,590$26,090$27,790$30,490$22,290$19,990$22,490$24,990$26,490$29,490$34,990$39,990$32,790$35,490$28,990$25,990$34,490$23,390$18,990$24,590
TransmissionManualAutomaticManualDual-Clutch (DCT)AutomaticDual-Clutch (DCT)ManualAutomaticManualDual-Clutch (DCT)ManualDual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)ManualAutomaticDual-Clutch (DCT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)ManualDual-Clutch (DCT)AutomaticAutomatic and ManualAutomatic and Manual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolDieselDieselPetrolDieselPetrolPetrolDieselDieselPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolDieselPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolDiesel and PetrolDiesel and Petrol
Wheels16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy16" Steel16" Steel16" Steel16" Steel18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy17" Alloy17" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy17" Alloy16" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors5555555555555555555555
Seats5555555555555555555555
Fuel Consumption7.3 L/100km7.4 L/100km4.5 L/100km4.7 L/100km7.4 L/100km4.7 L/100km7.3 L/100km7.4 L/100km4.5 L/100km4.7 L/100km7.5 L/100km7.1 L/100km7.1 L/100km8 L/100km7.4 L/100km4.7 L/100km7.5 L/100km7.5 L/100km7.5 L/100km7.4 L/100km7.6 L/100km7 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L50 L53 L50 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.8L
Max Power120kW @ 6200rpm120kW @ 6200rpm100kW @ 4000rpm100kW @ 4000rpm120kW @ 6200rpm100kW @ 4000rpm120kW @ 6200rpm120kW @ 6200rpm100kW @ 4000rpm100kW @ 4000rpm150kW @ 6000rpm150kW @ 6000rpm150kW @ 6000rpm202kW @ 6000rpm120kW @ 6200rpm100kW @ 4000rpm150kW @ 6000rpm150kW @ 6000rpm150kW @ 6000rpm120kW @ 6200rpm105kW @ 6000rpm107kW @ 6500rpm
Max Torque203Nm @ 4700rpm203Nm @ 4700rpm280Nm @ 1500-3000rpm300Nm @ 1750-2500rpm203Nm @ 4700rpm300Nm @ 1750-2500rpm203Nm @ 4700rpm203Nm @ 4700rpm280Nm @ 1500-3000rpm300Nm @ 1750-2500rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm353Nm @ 1450-4700rpm203Nm @ 4700rpm300Nm @ 1750-2500rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm265Nm @ 1500-4500rpm203Nm @ 4700rpm186Nm @ 4600rpm175Nm @ 4700rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaCzech RepublicSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth KoreaSouth Korea
Safety Features
Extra Features
  • Automatic Start/Stop Engine
  • USB Port
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2007Jan 2012
Discontinuation dateDec 2012Dec 2016