Japanache Tatami

Japanache Tatami

See the Best Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Japanache

Genuine Tatami.....just like being back in a Ryokan!

After living in Japan for eight years we are now building our retirement home with a tatami room and have been searching for genuine Japanese tatami mats. Contacted Japanache and was very pleased with the product knowledge and professional service. Delivery arrangements were excellent.....we received our order in our rural NSW location in less than a week. And we could not be happier with the quality of the tatami mats.....just like being back in a lovely Ryokan in rural Japan. Can highly recommend Japanache.

Purchased in July 2021.

Excellent service

I got the Tatami mat for sleeping after much hesitation. I am glad I finally got it. Excellent product. I put a thin layer of mattress topper and it feels comfortable.

Purchased in June 2021 for $249.00.

The real deal

The mats are the genuine article, customer service great and delivery on time. Easy to put together and hassle free. A little bit on the expensive side but worth it.

Purchased in June 2021.

Amazing Product

The tatami feels exactly like those I slept on during my six week trip to Japan. Authentic and comfortable, with useful care instructions included, I would highly recommend Japanache if you are looking for great service and products.

Purchased in May 2021.

April L.
April L.Sydney, NSW

Solid, convenient, perfect.

I didn't know what to expect, but these mats are very thick and solid, with a slight but pleasant odour. They sit snug inside the easy to build frame, and are the perfect support for the futon.

Purchased in March 2021.

Julian
JulianCanberra

great tatami used as mattress

the tatami mats are solid in quality and is great to use as mattress for us, as we have back pain problems when using soft mattresses. Even those very expensive firm mattress could not provided enough support to the back, so we went and search for tatami and was lucky to find the Japanache website. We bought a queen pair a few years ago, and have just made our second purchase when we upgraded to a king bed.

Purchased in December 2020.

Anton
AntonSydney, NSW

Great product (tatami mat)

This is the second time I'm ordering from the store. Previously bought original futons (great quality!) and now purchased tatami mats (through builder), they are great however probably my builder managed to cut one up in transportation/unpacking so they had to replace one. Also if your builder drops them on corners they might be not perfectly straight, however as long as you have a tensioning timber border, it will eventually go away under your weight.

Purchased in November 2020 at Japanache for $1,000.00.

Amy J
Amy JPerth, WA

Excellent!

Excellent condition, and came in good timing. Customer service was very personalised and helpful. We are very happy with the mats. They look and feel great. Highly recommend purchasing Tatami mats from Japanache!

Purchased in December 2020.

Kimmy
KimmyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fastest Delivery and Best Service

We got a Queen sized tatami mat (with frame) to replace our living room rug. I ordered on Monday and it was here before Friday the same week. I live in Melbourne and that was really a very easy and quick transactions. My tatami got damaged from delivery and Richard quickly organised a replacement. Love it!

Purchased in November 2020 at Japanache for $870.00.

Robbie
RobbieSydney, NSW

Best decision ever

Bought a queen-size set of tatami mats and frame from Japanache and it's excellent to sleep on. With the fresh natural rice straw smell, it's almost like we're on our Japan holiday again. The delivery was quick, the frame easy to assemble and well-fitted. The mats themselves have that quality finish you'd expect of something made in Japan. Really glad there's a shop in Australia that imports this stuff and gets it out to customers stress-free! Keep up the good work, Richard!

Purchased in October 2020.

Great Quality Tatami

I ordered a tatami tea room set + frame from their latest shipment from Japan. Customer service was amazing. The shipment arrived in the warehouse two weeks later and they dispatched it immediately the same afternoon. The tatami arrived in great condition as they were packed in individual boxes. The shipping was very fast too. Excellent quality tatami and very reasonable price. Definitely recommend it. Sadly my room is too small so I had to leave out a piece of the frame but everything else fits together very nicely. If you are looking at getting tatami for your room I definitely recommend getting the frames unless the tatami fits the room exactly as the mats do shift around slightly when not locked in place.

Purchased in October 2020.

H. North
H. NorthVictoria

Very happy.

The tatami is lovely, in top condition. Frame was easy to assemble, and fitted perfectly. Excellent customer service from Japanache. Prompt communication and despatch. I purchased a futon and quilt set too, and am very pleased with all products. Will purchase from them again.

Purchased in September 2020 at Japanache.

Richard H.
Richard H.Hunter Region, NSW

Great experience from first phone call to delivery
Delivery was quick
Product was good price
Product was good quality
The hole process was so easy Have purchased from them before many years ago and did not hesitate to buy again

Purchased in July 2020.

Perfect product, finally feels like home again!

I purchased 3 tatatmi to sleep on (with futon). Tatami have a beautiful brocade and are in excellent condition. Customer service from Japanache was fantastic. Customer service from freight company was awful but tatami did arrive in good condition.

Purchased in June 2020.

Mako
MakoSouth East Queensland, QLD

My Little Piece of Home

I just purchased a set of 3 tatami mats for my apartment. I also bought a kotatsu for the cold nights. Richard san and Naomi san have made me very happy because I cannot go back to Japan with the coronavirus. So it is nice to make my room more beautiful.
The tatami looks and smells like it is good quality. It is from my hometown of Kumamoto.
They are delivering it to my apartment for free :)