JVC LT-55N575A

• Software
  • Picture Quality
Nev
NevSydney, NSW

Worst than the TV is the brand

Like most of the other reviews I also bought the TV at Big W Westfield Warringah and straight away I noticed the quality of image, using smart tv interface was not great, but I paid for that and life went on.
2 years later the smart tv stopped working.
I called JVC support the 26th March in the afternoon and the man who answered the phone ensured me by his tone of voice and impatience breathing that if I am out of warranty I am nobody.
It was one question only: When did you buy it ?
I insisted, maybe you can run some trouble shooting with me and resolve the issue..
He nearly punched me over the phone.
He made clear, for one year we can be friends.. after warranty expires, you are nothing to JVC world.
JVC... Never again

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W for $500.00.

Clinton
ClintonSouth West, WA

Curved

My 55 inch smart tv had for about 3 months brought brand new and the mother board blew up and it cost a lot of money to fix the tv

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W for $600.00.

Jackie S.
Jackie S.South East Queensland, QLD

Good for price

Basically you get what you pay for. Quality is good but you need to watch the HD only channels or movies, if not the picture quality will drive you insane. It has the basic features of a smart tv however the execution of it is pretty poor. For example, I can access Netflix on TV with remote, however navigating anything more than the main page is impossible. I have over come this by mirroring the screen on my iPhone. I have found this the easiest way to do what I want on this TV. We have a soundbar installed which I think is also a must with this tv. Anyway, like I said, for the price its pretty good.

Purchased at Big W for $799.00.

John B. E.
John B. E.Illawarra, NSW

Disappointing Brand & Not so smart TV.

Purchased in January 2016 at Big W Retail Stores for $800.00.

Karisha
KarishaPerth, WA

JVC from Big W

I brought my new JVC tv from Big W, it's been a great tv so far I've had no issues. Tv is clear and it's also a great tv for gaming too. The features and quality is amazing. I'm more then happy with this tv! I had it on layby with Big W they were brilliant.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,000.00.

Smiley
SmileyBrisbane

Love this TV

I absolutely love this Television it's has a very clear picture and is very easy to use even the kids can operate it easily. We absolutely love the firm base. The kids enjoy watching DVDS on this TV for the great sound. We brought this product from Big W and would definitely recommend this product to others.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Rex
Rex

It’s a tv

For the price it’s ok but not the greatest I found the smart side of things on the tv doesn’t work very smoothly and the remote to control the smart tv side of things is rubbish but if u want a tv just to watch tv it’s great don’t buy if u want smart features as the are rubbish on this tv u can however connect an gaming console to it which I did with my Xbox and use your Netflix and stuff through that

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Att E
Att EAU

Bought the Tv from Big W , very nice display

I bought this JVC tv from big W. So far performance is good undoubtedly the picture quality is very very nice because I have seen full hd movies and happy with its picture quality functions are not enough to control everything but moderate sound quality good reception of channels with antenna. Firm base and average remote control

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sianuss
SianussMelbourne

Good cheap TV

We bought this TV on special in BIG W for just over $300. For that price, you can't really go wrong. It's not a smart TV so it's integrated with our kodi system for seamless entertainment. Great as a second tv or a bedroom tv if you're not overly fussed about vision quality (obviously not as good as some on the market)

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Krysten
KrystenSydney, NSW

Good enough as a spare

Look it’s a basic tv. Good enough for watching FOXTEL or DVD or blue ray. Bought this on special fromBig W. If you’re looking for a tv to watch tv, this is the one for you. No internet, downloads, etc. overall it serves its purpose in our household and I’m happy with it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Jay
JayDubbo

"Not happy Jan"

I bought this tv from big w in july. I unpacked it and it didnt work the screen was black and the remote would not work. I complained and it was replaced 6 weeks later. In nov the remote stopped working I complained to big w took them 5 weeks to tell me to contact the manufacturer who did replace the remote. Altough the tv is fine and working I would be loathe to recommend purchasing as there have been 3 issues in 6 months.
Phillips tvs are better picture and quality and in 20 years of owning them never had 1 single issue. So regret changing brand.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Joe blow
Joe blowFairfield

Ok tv

Good tv buy picture abit blury when not a hd channel. But good for the price. The smart tv function could do with some work. But it is a good size for a loungeroom and the remote control is very easy to use and figure out all the options. Thankyou.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
lin
lin

For this Price i have no complaint.

I did purchase this TV last year. until now it work ok for me. Picture is not bad. but it cannot show clearly if the input video source is too dark. I have another Cost more than $1000 LG TV. LG can do it. But this JVC i just spent half price of the LG. I think is ok for watch TV and movies. but it is not good for play HD game like xboxone or ps4.

sound is not good enough.

you cannot use any universial remote on this TV. i try more than 10 different unversial remote but none of them work. you have to well look after that TV remote. you cannot buy it outside.

For a spare TV, $5XX for 55". I think is good value.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Meera
MeeraMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Quality!

Picture quality is quite good and good for the price which I got from Big W, Adelaide. It was under promotion when I purchased it and fixed it right away once I reached home. The salesman did actually convinced me to get it.I have no complains on it so far. Great quality for a better price I would say.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Miso
MisoBrisbane

Good price, poor TV

I guess it's a matter of you get what you pay for. The positive was the wall mount that comes with the TV is great. Small and simple unit that was easy to install and wall mount. The TV itself, not so much. It can be very slow to load into the "smart" setting, and very laggy and unresponsive when there. Three months out of warranty it developed a black spot in one corner. Does not have digital out for sound, so not easy to link with my amp. Overall, next time will probably spend the extra few hundred and get a TV from a more reputable brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2016