JVC LT-55N575A

JVC LT-55N575A

Disappointing Brand & Not so smart TV.

We brought our TV from Big W at Winston Hills Sydney (on a visit from Ulladulla where we live) and from the start, had problems in connecting to internet, resolved this by using a laptop so we could access Netflix etc. The TV did not meet the product advertising and we should have at this point, asked for a refund.

Speakers / sound quality when volume levels when turned up were not good with noticeable distortion.
Tried to resolve this by purchasing a JVC sound bar & subwoofer (TH-BY870), you guessed it, from Big W Winston Hills again. The purchase of the TV and sound bar happened within a 4 week period of each other. We were told that the sound bar would be compatible with the TV (obvious question to ask which we did before purchasing) and was told, it was. The sound bar would not work with the TV and we had help from tech savy people who said the products were not compatible. This was also confirmed with Winston Hills Big W staff on our next Sydney visit, we pointed out that staff had confirmed compatability at time of purchase which got us an apology but nothing else. We asked for a refund but were denied as several months had elapsed between the purchases, we do not travel frequently to Sydney and would only visit 2-3 times in a year. We have a JVC sound bar which remains in its box and which we are unable to use!

The last straw in this saga is now the TV has failed, no power light appears and the TV is as dead as a dodo. It will not respond to the remote and from my online reviews of JVC products, its probably the power board.

This has been a disappointing experience with JVC product, despite lack of internet connectivity and poor sound from day 1, we persisted with the TV because of the great picture quality. We have a 9 year old Sony LCD purchased in 2010 that performs without any issues. Where is the reliability of the JVC product ?, its obvious from the sound & internet connectivity issues that we purchased a sub standard product, a lemon in fact! We expected more then 3 years use of the product!

We would appreciate if JVC would respond to this situation!

Purchased in January 2016 at Big W Retail Stores for $800.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality

JVC from Big W

I brought my new JVC tv from Big W, it's been a great tv so far I've had no issues. Tv is clear and it's also a great tv for gaming too. The features and quality is amazing. I'm more then happy with this tv! I had it on layby with Big W they were brilliant.

Purchased in February 2019 for $1,000.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality

Love this TV

I absolutely love this Television it's has a very clear picture and is very easy to use even the kids can operate it easily. We absolutely love the firm base. The kids enjoy watching DVDS on this TV for the great sound. We brought this product from Big W and would definitely recommend this product to others.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

It’s a tv

For the price it’s ok but not the greatest I found the smart side of things on the tv doesn’t work very smoothly and the remote to control the smart tv side of things is rubbish but if u want a tv just to watch tv it’s great don’t buy if u want smart features as the are rubbish on this tv u can however connect an gaming console to it which I did with my Xbox and use your Netflix and stuff through that

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Bought the Tv from Big W , very nice display

I bought this JVC tv from big W. So far performance is good undoubtedly the picture quality is very very nice because I have seen full hd movies and happy with its picture quality functions are not enough to control everything but moderate sound quality good reception of channels with antenna. Firm base and average remote control

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good cheap TV

We bought this TV on special in BIG W for just over $300. For that price, you can't really go wrong. It's not a smart TV so it's integrated with our kodi system for seamless entertainment. Great as a second tv or a bedroom tv if you're not overly fussed about vision quality (obviously not as good as some on the market)

Good enough as a spare

Look it’s a basic tv. Good enough for watching FOXTEL or DVD or blue ray. Bought this on special fromBig W. If you’re looking for a tv to watch tv, this is the one for you. No internet, downloads, etc. overall it serves its purpose in our household and I’m happy with it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

"Not happy Jan"

I bought this tv from big w in july. I unpacked it and it didnt work the screen was black and the remote would not work. I complained and it was replaced 6 weeks later. In nov the remote stopped working I complained to big w took them 5 weeks to tell me to contact the manufacturer who did replace the remote. Altough the tv is fine and working I would be loathe to recommend purchasing as there have been 3 issues in 6 months.
Phillips tvs are better picture and quality and in 20 years of owning them never had 1 single issue. So regret changing brand.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Ok tv

Good tv buy picture abit blury when not a hd channel. But good for the price. The smart tv function could do with some work. But it is a good size for a loungeroom and the remote control is very easy to use and figure out all the options. Thankyou.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

For this Price i have no complaint.

I did purchase this TV last year. until now it work ok for me. Picture is not bad. but it cannot show clearly if the input video source is too dark. I have another Cost more than $1000 LG TV. LG can do it. But this JVC i just spent half price of the LG. I think is ok for watch TV and movies. but it is not good for play HD game like xboxone or ps4.

sound is not good enough.

you cannot use any universial remote on this TV. i try more than 10 different unversial remote but none of them work. you have to well look after that TV remote. you cannot buy it outside.

For a spare TV, $5XX for 55". I think is good value.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Good Quality!

Picture quality is quite good and good for the price which I got from Big W, Adelaide. It was under promotion when I purchased it and fixed it right away once I reached home. The salesman did actually convinced me to get it.I have no complains on it so far. Great quality for a better price I would say.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Good price, poor TV

I guess it's a matter of you get what you pay for. The positive was the wall mount that comes with the TV is great. Small and simple unit that was easy to install and wall mount. The TV itself, not so much. It can be very slow to load into the "smart" setting, and very laggy and unresponsive when there. Three months out of warranty it developed a black spot in one corner. Does not have digital out for sound, so not easy to link with my amp. Overall, next time will probably spend the extra few hundred and get a TV from a more reputable brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Beautiful quality viewing screen

I purchased it at big w. It has been doing well without any problems. I have been enjoying watching it for my spare time. Ultra high definition and curved screen are my favourite. Nice color and big screen made me really enjoy. I would recommend it to every of my friends.

Great for the price

I purchased this tv for $325. Yep, thats right. You wouldnt believe it. A 48 inch UHD tv for under $350. So of course im happy with it. Sure it has its smaller issues. It changes channels faster than my old LG tv would. Almost instantly. The biggest downside is that its not a smart TV but i dont have to worry about that as i have an android tv pluggy thin

The Dumbest 'Smart' TV on the market

I bought this at Big W, based on the fact I've owned JVC electronic products before and have always been quite happy with them. The price I paid was fairly cheap at $799 but it was Big W's full RRP at the same time ( they often do specials on them I have since discovered to my ire)

The good; The picture quality is fine. We bought it for two reasons - we had (still have) a perfectly good 40 inch Panasonic I am happy with that was running a PC via HDMI for Netflix, YouTube etc and the lounge room in our new house means that we sit so far away from the screen we nearly needed binoculars to read the text on the screen when typing on the keyboard. The second reason was that we thought it might be a power saver to not have to run a PC and a TV at the same time just to watch cat videos.

On the first point, the picture is great and I have no complaints. The UHD screen is noticeably better than the 1080 screen on my Panasonic. But that is the only good part of the TV.

On that second point I could have not been more wrong. We started up the Smart TV and very excitedly opened YouTube, searching for the first interesting looking video to play. And oh my, how disappointing.......... It jerks and buffers, dropping the resolution down to a terrible pixelated parody of what I should be seeing far too often. Knowing that it is definitely not the internet's fault having used the afforementioned PC system with great success I was very #sadface. I played around with it, looking for different apps and using other systems like Netflix but all produced the same poor quality result. After a single week of ownership I reverted to the Old Asus desktop via HDMI solution and we again have a happy marriage of good picture quality and very good internet performance.

The other big complaint I have about this TV is the speakers. They are absolute rubbish. The sound quality is below acceptable standards - very low volume and when you turn it up enough to hear, the speakers rattle and distort. I found this extremely disappointing and surprising given that the other JVC products I have owned were audio products and I was always happy with them. I have since done what I did with the SMART TV function and abandoned the built in system, connecting a soundbar / subwoofer setup instead.

So in short, adding all the money together for the TV, the PC and a Soundbar, just to make the thing work like it ought to with good internet performance for streaming video and acceptable sound quality, I'd not buy one of these again. Nor would I recommend them to anyone else unless like me you already have those ancillary electronics laying around home ready to go.