Kia Rio

• Comfort
Anto

AntoBrisbane

Fantastic little car

Purchased in March 2020 at Zupps for A$18,200.00.

Year2020
KT lee

KT lee

Compact cute car!

I bought this as my first new car. It drives well and I can park it in the tightest spots! The only issue is that the windscreen wipers don’t cover the whole screen!

Miss Honest

Miss Honest

Hire car - sad when my car was repaired and I had to return it!

Wasn't expecting much when I picked up the Rio as a hire car while mine was being repaired. Very pleasantly surprised. The turning circle was impressive, it was quick off the mark and was quite gutsy for such a small engine. Good manual gearbox. Interior was simple but functional, decent air con and radio, reasonable storage space and legroom. Excellent fuel economy. If I was ever going to buy a small car again, it would be a Rio.

Purchased in November 2018.

Madeleine Cahill

Madeleine CahillGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this car

Easy to drive, Apple car play is simply the best, so user friendly. Easy to make calls when driving, use the maps, listen to podcasts etc. Only downside is the car doesn't have a lot of go. Great for zipping around metro areas, not that great going up hill or on the road.

Purchased in August 2019 at Kia Dealers for A$22,000.00.

Year2019
Vin

VinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Everyday car

Good for everyday use and long smooth road driving. Fuel efficient running to a vacation trip but with its ground clearance, load capacity should be lesser than the limit to run normally.

MrSquigglesPencil

MrSquigglesPencilFar North Queensland, QLD

Good until repairs needed

Year2004

Underpowered piece of crap

Got it as a loan car when my car is due for a new airbag. The automatic one is a piece of crap you need to use manual mode if you want better pickup on hill. The fuel consumption is terrible as well. I would say at least Toyota Echo and Daihatsu Sirion are better than that.

niloc79

niloc79South Australia

Becoming annoying

Purchased in January 2019 at Mazda for A$15,000.00.

Year2016
Nadine D.

Nadine D.Perth, WA

I love my little car BUT

Purchased in April 2018 for A$17,000.00.

Edwina H.

Edwina H.

great first car

could not of asked for a better first car. she stuck by me through thick and thin, I definitely did not treat her right, typical female andeverything. not sure how I managed not to blow the engine up. came close, twice. just wish I had been as kind to her as she with me, as I could not afford the inevitable surgery she needed from lack of service and cheap dodgey repair work

Purchased in June 2011 for A$9,000.00.

Year2007

Worst Car ever!

in 4 years and just 35000km was replaced steering rack, steering Coolum, steering motor, steering wheel, battery, suspension for the trunk, dash board was loose 3 times, ODO replaced.
Just to note I bought the SI so a very expensive version. Please do not Buy Kia!

Purchased in November 2015.

Year2014
Sarah

Sarah

Amazing little car

Bought my Kia brand new and the features that I got with the car make it one of the most affordable small cars on the market with the most features. Only 4 speed with auto so can get a little slow at times, but overall a smooth and quiet drive with lots of comfort

Purchased in March 2019 at valley motor group.

Year2019
OldManEmu

OldManEmu

Great Little Car runs on the smell of an oily rag

Purchased in February 2009 for A$2,300.00.

Year2003
Johnny

JohnnyHobart

Good little car minor problems but good

I bought this to save some money on petrol... think it was about 17k we had it almost 4 years and it was always serviced on time alway cleaned and polished... it was kept absolutely mint....
decided to sell it and get a bigger car (not Kia) one yard didn’t even want it as a trade on a 40k car... so while they are a good little car there is NO resale value for them, same year Corolla holds it value far better...

BadgeSLi
Engine Size1.6L
Date PurchasedNov 2014
free soul

free soulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Would be nice if it didn't conk out from time to time

I like the Rio, it is light on fuel, drives smoothly etc.
The only problem with mine is that sometimes stop dead, engine conks out and refuses to restart for 10 or more
minutes. It would be OK if it was a simple as taking it to the mechanic and getting them to read the engine diagnostics, but no, no engine light, no diagnostics. So it's just a matter of replace this, replace that. Is it the fuel pump, is it the immobiliser, is it the crank shaft sensor? Who knows, but spend lots of money getting the mechanic to change each and everything it might be.
So yeah, good car, but not happy with the lack of diagnostics for what is clearly a significant issue.

BadgeEX
Date PurchasedNov 2018

karizma

karizmasydney

Wont buy Kia again.

Kias seem like an ok car but unfortunately they do not last. Once youve done about 100,000km everything starts to go wrong. Air con and windows are first to go then you're up for couple of grand repairs at least every 6 months. Better off getting a japanese car. They last a bit longer.

BadgeNA
Date PurchasedJan 2006
Sayyed

SayyedGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good car

I am driving my kia 2009 from last 2 n half years as a Uber 6 days a week 12 hours a day with no problem at all just oil change break pads and tyres. Good on fuel. One tank gives me 500 kms. For engine using penrite 5w 40 . And that’s it

BadgeLS
Engine Size1.4L
Date PurchasedApr 2016
Ali Baba

Ali BabaMelbourne

Good first car

I bought a second hand Kia Rio JB Sedan from a private seller when I was a university student and kept it for about 4 years, mainly for commuting to and from work. It is a good car to buy if it's your first car as it's economical to run and has enough space for adults at the back and a large enough boot.

The downsides of this particular car was that the paint started to wear out even though it was garaged every night and the seats are not that comfortable for long drives. Eventually, I upgraded to a bigger, better car.

BodySedan
BadgeJB
Engine Size1.6L
Date PurchasedAug 2013
Paola

PaolaMelbourne

Love This Hatchback Car

The most compact and reliable car I ever had. I got brand new my car from the dealership and since then I haven't had any issue. Just minor changes as any other car. I used my car on a daily bases. Very economic in petrol, wear works perfectly. Space and comfort is great. I have used many time to make my move outs and surprise everything fits (except the mattress and bed frame) Highly recommended model and brand!

BadgeSi

Weakness in the car pedal Kia Rio 2005

rotten ronnie

rotten ronnieasked

Rio

my wifes car is a kia rio she got it new and looks after it what is happening now is sometimes you go to start the car and it will turn over but not fire take out the key for about 30 seconds and try again sometimes it will fire other times it wont I have had it towed a couple of times and next thing it started and drove off the truck other times I have left it for a couple of days and nothing then 5 minutes it will fire and not play up for a week or more I have had it to kia in Bendigo it cost me $180.00 and they told me they could not fix it as we live out of town we need our car hope somebody can help
ronnie

rotten ronnie

rotten ronnieasked

Rio

I have a problem with my wifes kia rio she has had it for about 11 years and it is the best car she has ever owned the problem is that we are having trouble starting it it can be good for days and then plays up the motor will spin over and no fire you can try for 1 more time and it may start alright other than that you just don't know it will start i have had to leave to leave it until after work and it started first touch of the key I havehad to have it towed home twice but it started first time when they were takeing off of the truck as we live 30 ks from town she needs a realiable car and if nobody can fix it I will have to give it to the kids to drive around the paddock I took it Bendigo kia dealers they charged me $180.00 to look at it and said they couldn/t fix it hopefully someone can help
ronnie