Kogan Agora Smart LED TV (HD)

Kogan Agora Smart LED TV (HD)

KALED32SMTZD (32"), KALED32SMTZC (32"), KALED32SMTZB (32"), etc...

1.8

• Picture Quality
  • Software
  • Sound Quality
Mark Gallon

Mark GallonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Five years - that's all you'll get

Five years and it is dead. That works out to around $100/year. Five years and it is dead. That works out to around $100/year. Five years and it is dead. That works out to around $100/year.

Purchased at Kogan.com for A$499.00.

False Advertising

The inbuilt apps dont work actually none do... Kogans credibility is way down with this TV it does not do what it says it does. I would like a refund or will be taking this further.

Purchased in January 2017 at Kogan.com for A$400.00.

Horrible Horrible TV

Picture quality is horrible
Sound is better on my old iPhone 4
Remote died almost immediately - been living without one but now the power on button on the TV takes about 10 times before it turns on. Was recommended and sent a new remote but it's not compatible.
Was told to update firmware for a better image but the original remote is needed so it can't be done.
My advice - never buy anything from Kogan or Dick Smith.

Chester B.

Hi Ross, The staff have been sending automated responses and links, have been ignoring my questions and have not been getting anywhere. I have referred this case to the ACCC.

Backup from KOGAN

Talked to KOGAN SERIVICE they sent me a download I had to put on a stick wouldn’t download after a lot of back and forth and numerous attempts,gave up. Luckily my mate is a whiz he had to use old windows program to download,anyhow stuck it in tv appeared to work at least the tv turned on but missing a lot of apps including Netflix at a loss this tv will be very shortly landfill

Purchased in March 2016 for A$600.00.

RossKogan

12 months and it stops working!

Purchased a Kogan TV 24 months ago and within 11 months it stopped working, "repaired" then replaced and now 11 months later I have another Kogan TV that doesn't work!!!! Brand not reliable!

Purchased in September 2017 for A$600.00.

Danilo

DaniloSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish!

My partner and I bought the smart TV and omg! How something can be so bad. After 2 months, the Tv dropped to work, we have to send it and use our warranty, they took + 1 month go fix it, got the TV back after 4 months it appeared a line crossing the tv, so annoying but suddenly after 1 month it disappear. Now we are watching tv and it got black screen, no image at all, just the voice. Well done we bought a TV and ended up with a Radio. Plus, we got Netflix After few months it show the TV dont support it, we thought it would be a Netflix issue, we deleted the app and not able to download it anymore. Never ever ever ever KOGAN again.

Purchased in December 2017.

Anthony

AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible kogan TV

Our kogan TV is only just out of warranty and the screen has gone when I purchased a TV I have an expectation of it lasting longer than just over 12 months we don’t have a lot of money and now don’t have a TV Because I can’t afford another one really disappointed never buying Kogan products again

Purchased in March 2018 at Kogan for A$450.00.

nikolac

nikolacGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best thing I've bought this year!

A great TV - especially with the inclusion of the Chromecast which makes the TV is compatible with Netflix and other viewing apps. The TV connects well with our Google Home meaning that we are able to be extremely lazy & control the TV with our voices from bed - barely have to touch the remote at all! The picture is clear & the sound is fantastic. For A cheap TV I would highly recommend.

Jenni

Jenni

Not happy.

Myself and anyone else I know can't figure it out, had it for over 2 years and still at a loss on how it works. Won't be getting kogan brands again.

Purchased in December 2016 at Kogan.

Jimbo

JimboGoulburn Valley, VIC

Awful.

Awful. Bought this in October 2018. Played Netflix for the first month then stopped. Netflix no longer support this TV apparently. Now, nothing works- can't cast from mobile phone via YouTube, Stan, ABC iPlayer etc. Nothing works. Contacted customer service, completely useless and unresponsive. Don't waste your money on this.

Purchased in October 2018.

logicGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Regretful purchase

This TV doesn't do what is accepted requirement of a Smart TV. The Netflix App does not work, when removed so I can re-install, Google App Store does not show a Netflix app to download. The suggested Airpin Pro Google app does not connect either. Chromecast which is inbuilt does not allow google home to play netflix on it
This TV has an android operating system, but cannot accept many important apps, for example, Netflix which is the main reason I bought this TV for, it’s really useless to me. I have also noticed that TV looses the ability to detect a wireless connection unless it is unplugged from the power source and rebooted, then it will reconnect to the wireless connection.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$279.00.

logic

Sorry to say, pathetic service, I did log a ticket one week ago, no response thus far.

logic

How much longer will I need to wait ?

Rosemary58

Rosemary58Southwest, VIC

Not so smart

I regret buying my so called Kogan smart tv. As far as I’m concerned it’s not a smart tv. Doesn’t do the things that a smart tv is supposed to do. Very frustrating

Purchased in July 2017.

colin

colinCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

There are consumer guarantees that apply automatically: Acceptable quality Products ... will be fit for purpose

Purchased in December 2018 at Kogan.com for A$400.00.

Countrypsych

CountrypsychEchuca

Product does not do what it is advertised as.

Unable to download apps, despite advertising that it does it. Netflix does not display users, there is no way of selecting a particular show/movie. Many attempts contacting have resulted in no help. On one occasion the response referred to fixing a mobile phone. Very dissatisfied. I would advise others not to buy from Kogan.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Serabravo

SerabravoTownsville

Dirty deals done dirty

Arrived broken, lost way more time getting mucked around by so called customer service. Claims to be an Australian company. I doubt it, definitely inferior Chinese or Korean products. Way to get a great reputation Kogan, shame on you!
Still no refund after 9 months !!!!!
I doubt there ever will be.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Julie

JulieHunter Region, NSW

frustrating

ok got former tv swapped for the 32" Smarter tv, nah...now netflix wont work, dear lord...not supported and not advertised as being available on this unit? why not is my question seeing as it has chromecast built in, other people I know with chromecast can get netlix and another has a smart tv that can get netflix just not on this Kogan tv, to say I'm dissatisfied is an understatement. it has other glitches as well...would I recommend these tv's to someone? no..no I wont be...grr just want my money back but I know that wont happen as it'll be seen as change of mind and I'll be offered a kogan credit :( :/

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Meg

Meg

Worst TVs do not buy as they die after 20 months

I wouldn’t buy another Kogan tv again
First when I had the tv it wouldn’t work properly with the Netflix
Secondly, making a strange beep sound for the past 4 months
Thirdly, it now has no picture just a black screen when you turn it on and it’s only 20 months old
It may be cheap to buy but costing you more money in the long run having to replace it after the warranty expires biggest heap of crap going

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Dave

DaveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Thanks for nothing Kogan for my slow dumb TV

We have good wi fi here at home, but the Agora TV is too slow to stream a movie - takes forever to load. I'm wondering if I buy an Apple TV 4th Gen to stream I might be able to stream movies?? It does however work quite well as a conventional TV - Picture and sound are fine. It just isn't smart.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Don't do it

Complete waste of money.
Slow and laggy.
Does not do half of what is advertised.
Screen is not as crisp as it's competitors.
Kogan customer service when U need help feels automated and useless. Fustrating the situation even more.
Sound was good though.
Not easy to set up or use.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Tonkagerl

Worst piece of technology I’ve ever bought

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Allen B.asked

Agora Smart LED TV (HD)

I have a model KALED55UHDZF which has been working but the other day I started to get the message "Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped" and since then I cannot run shows on Netflix nor Iview and it appears that no apps will run. I have submitted a request for help from the Kogan help desk but have only had the reply that my call has been registered and somebody will contact me. How long do I have to wait to get this issue resolved? I can watch free to air TV but that error message keeps popping up and then goes away.
Allen
Barongarook
[email removed]

Allen B.

One thing is for sure. Until I get a satisfactory solution to my problem there's no way I would consider ever buying another Kogan product. Their products are cheap and this is reflected in the reliability of those products as well as their support performance.

Tammy

Tammyasked

Agora Smart LED TV (HD)

I bought a Kogan Kaled32smtzd.
And I can’t get Netflix or anything to work ..
Please help

Kevin B.
Kevin B.

Take it to the tip and put it next to mine

Andrea Alanis

Andrea Alanisasked

Agora KALED32SMTZC (32")

Ok so none of the apps work. So I was ok I will try using Stan and Netflix through my browser and it does not allow me to. I have updated the firm ware and I have even done a full reboot. What’s the point of having a smart TV if I can’t stream anything. Extremely disappointed. Can anyone assist as to how the heck I can stream anything?

Get an answer from our members and Kogan representatives