Le Creuset Traditional Kettles

1.6

Mendoza

MendozaMelbourne

Attractive Garbage

Yeah they look smart and everyone likes them but they rust and turn to rubbish in under a year. Only worth the money if you never use it and just show it to your friends to impress them.

Purchased in February 2018 at Peter's of Kensington for $185.00.

Worst kettle we've ever owned!

We saw this kettle online and thought it suited our Queenslander perfectly. The first one we bought rusted out which was disappointing. We thought maybe we weren't looking after it properly. So we bought another one and it ended up doing the same thing. For such an expensive kettle they are particularly poor quality.

So dissappointed!

Purchased our traditional kettle about 4 years ago. Used on gas stove top for it's entire life. Inside has rusted out and is now unusable. So dissappointed considering price point.

Stovetop Kettles

Find out how Le Creuset Traditional Kettles compares to other Stovetop Kettles

j9

j9Wanniassa

Rusting and chipping after 9 months

After 9 months, my kettle is rusted and chipped around the lid. I have attempted to contact the company with absolutely no response. Definitely not worth the money, as the cheaper brands last longer

Purchased in August 2019.

Rusty

RustyVictoria

Another rusty Le Creuset Kettle

Wish I had read your reviews before we invested in a Le Creuset stove top kettle. After only 7 months use the enamel is rusting on the inside base. Big list of dos and donts -dont fill it with cold water if its just come off the stove, dry it between uses, avoid leaving it sitting with water in it.The company we bought it from were very helpful and have offered to replace it but either way its very poor value for money, a real nuisance and I wouldnt recommend it to anyone who wants a stress free kettle. Le Creuset is not the brand it used to be.

Purchased in November 2018 for $160.00.

Dotty

DottyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

2nd le creuset kettle now rusty - update below...5 stars for customer service!

Purchased in June 2015.

AGee

AGeeSydney, NSW

Love our stainless steel version

After reading all the reviews I still choose to purchase this kettle due to my love of its appearance (almost all other types are super modern).
It looks amazing sitting on the stove (where it lives), we just love it. However we purchased the stainless steel version, to hopefully avoid the issue of chipped enamel and rusting issues these kettles seem prone to. We've had it for a few months now and try to never leave it with standing water inside.
Fingers crossed it stands the test of time.

Purchased in December 2018 at Everten Online for $152.00.

enamel chipped, inside rusted

Within a year of buying this kettle, a decent size piece of enamel chipped off the lid. The insides have been slowly losing their coating and it's begun to rust inside. I've owned it for about 5 years. I thought Le Creuset products were high quality. Not sure I would trust them anymore. Not at the price they charge anyhow.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Sadly another fail!

Love the design and usability however our second kettle has developed internal rusting on the bottom. Le Creuset replaced the first kettle so good on them due to rust on the internals of the kettle. The first lasted over three years and the later less than 18 months. Not recommended as it is too expensive to replace every 1-2 years. Another example of great design and exceptionally poor manufacturing processes.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Stovetop Kettles

Find out how Le Creuset Traditional Kettles compares to other Stovetop Kettles

Absolute Rubbish

Bought Le Creuset Kettle in Marseille Blue for $185. It came with a lifetime warranty.....not worth the paper it was written on. After 9 months of use the enamel started to crumble off part of the outside bottom edge and inside was rusty in that area. I took it back to the shop I bought it from and they phoned Le Creuset anticipating that it would be replaced. The shop assistant was told by Le Creuset that the kettle must have been thrown at something to cause such damage and therefore would not be replaced. What an insult! Some of my favourite cook pots in my kitchen are Le Crueset. They have successfully 100% managed to get rid of one of their long time supporting customers. I used to rave about how good the product was but never again!

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Poor quality

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Very Disappointing

The style of this kettle is very attractive but has lasted barely 34 months. Rust developed very quickly around the lid rim and spout and soon after rust developed inside the kettle in the base...this leaches into the water being boiled. Unfortunately the shop where I bought the product has since changed hands & so no one wants to take responsibility for the product. It is definitely NOT worth the 'higher end' price tag that is attached to it & it seems, in my experience, that the '5 year guarantee' on these products might as well be written on toilet paper!

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Phoerest

PhoerestMelbourne

Now made in China & the quality reflects this. Broken

I purchased this product and when I opened the box it already had some of the ceramic glazing cracing off near the handle. I could have taken it back had it not been for the incident where I knocked it on the bench and a large part of the ceramic glazing came off the base and internally making it unusable. Don't buy this product. It just will not last long. I'm no longer going to be purchasing Le Creuset products - they've sold out. Made in China is not Made in France.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Grace L

Grace LPerth

Disappointment!!

Jules80
Jules80

have you found a reliable stove top kettle now? I am looking and other than spending $300 on a AGA kettle, I can't seem to find anything at all.

Juliet
Juliet

I am also interested in a good quality stove top kettle that won't rust. Any suggestions would be awesome!