Linden (The Good Guys) MTV Series

Linden (The Good Guys) MTV Series

L32MTV17 (32"), L48MTV17 (48"), L42MTV17 (42")

• Sound Quality
  • Software
  • Picture Quality

Worst Customer Support

Phoned Linden Support in regards to a USB troubleshooting issue. They referred me to a tv repair company who had no idea why Linden would refer me to them. Phoned Linden back, on hold for 40mins then they cut me off. Worst support. Their tv has a USB feature which you can't use. Picture shows how you would watch a movie using a USB, better watching it on my mobile as screen is bigger. Never purchasing their products again and advising others of same.

Purchased in January 2018.

EXTREMELY ANNOYED

EXTREMELY ANNOYEDMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

MEEHHHH...You Get What You Pay For!!

This tv, was temproarily great!!
Sound was good...Initially, then, towards the end of the warranty it started to need to be increased!!
Sharpness of picture was good...Then started to need to brighten it, again...At the end of warranty!!
It lived 3 days past warranty....Then died...Mid program!!!
Very poor quality tv, only designed to last until around the end warranty period!!

Would never, ever buy again, no matter how cheap!!!!!!

Purchased in September 2017 at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

Danielle Fox

Danielle FoxMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Decent for a cheaper model television

Purchased in January 2020 at Cash Converters Physical Shop for A$75.00.

Barry mulholland

Barry mulhollandSouth East Queensland, QLD

buying a lemon oops a tv

Started to malfunction right at the end of the warranty period, imagine that !! Total garbage.
Buy anything else but a linden. Obviously built in life expectancy
Which was very short indeed

Purchased in November 2017 at Lutwyche for A$250.00.

Nanny Plum

Nanny PlumGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Value for money

Good tv for the price. Decent picture and essential ports provided (HDMI, USB). Negative: the sound is a little tinny and it started making a hissing sound 12mths after purchase.

Purchased at The Good Guys.

js1

js1Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great TV for the price!

Easy to use, good quality for the price. The only complaint would be the audio quality but again, for the price is very good. If better audio is desired it may be worth purchasing a speaker.

Purchased in December 2018 for A$188.00.

Beth

BethPerth, WA

Happy with my purchase

I got this from the Goodguys & am pretty happy with it. I wasnt expecting much since it is so cheap but it has been pretty good. The sound is bad, so you will have to have speakers to plug in, but I was expecting that. The picture quality is 720p, which can be too low for some, but its fine for me.
Update: Bought almost a year ago and still working great!

Purchased in January 2019.

juleslc73

juleslc73WAYVILLE

Linden is the worst brand ever

Was talked into this 'good guys' recommended brand TV as the hisense that was in the catalogue was sold out. biggest mistake ever! Remote is so complicated, nothing makes sense, it is the cheapest manufactured piece of [Word Removed] that i have ever bought. So bad the antenna reception is even weak! i have no positive comment to say about this....it will untune itself from channels, apple tv connection everything.....so bad i ended up trying to endure it for a few months but have finally come to the realisation that it's just crap. went back and bought a Hisense. WARNING DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY....wish i had read the reviews on here before i made the stupid mistake of listening to the sales man at the good guys....

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Useless bad product. Save yourself the trouble

Sound is pathetic. Dont waste your money. Cannot even make out what people say and if you turn it up it becomes a raw of tinny noise. Use your money to buy a book instead. Or if you really need to waste money then burn it. It will save you a lot of frustration.

Sound troubles

I got myself on of these but unless your willing to shell out for a sound bar ide look at one a little more expensive for better sound quality,tinny but once I got one and the sound bar was going its great for the price, very happy with it now

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Lucy

LucyMelbourne

Suitable for bedroom, second TV

32 inch (80 cm) Television. Used in bedroom. Basic TV. Sound fairly tinny but picture adequate.
Has 3 HDMI inputs which we use to connect Hard Drive or DVD. Mainly used for visiting children and watch their shows and does this more then adequately.
Happy enough with purchase in view of the cheap price.

QLDZDRBrisbane

Weighs nothing but does the job.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Jen

JenTownsville

Linden televisions are rubbish!

Surprise surprise, 2 weeks after the 12 month warranty expired, my Linden television lost sound, we now have the inconvenience of buying & setting up another television, and it won't be a Linden! We phoned Good Guys about possibility of fixing it but too expensive. We will buy a different brand from Harvey Norman.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Daz

DazCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good "homebrand" TV

Nothing wrong with this. Does everything promised faultlessly.
Comes with the benefit of Good Guys backup which is fine.
Perfect for our use of NetFlix and gaming. Connects seemlessly with our home wifi.
Picture quality is very nice and the sound is excellent for the price of the telly.
In the environment of TVs all being cheaper all the time why pay heaps for a name brand.
The picture and sound is not as good as our old dumb Plasma Panasonic but then it was $2700 back in the day.
Would watch anything other than the plasma for movies and free to air but the Linden is fine for everything else.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Ben

BenQLD, 4655

Perfect for my Man Shed

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Terry

Terry

Linden 32 inch tv

Great picture, great sound easy set up. Excellent value for money. Will be purchasing a second one today for another bedroom. Dealing with the Good Guys, Port Macquarie was excellent. This tv has all the options one would like, however, it is not a smart tv which does not worry me.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Ayran

AyranCairns

A very good clear Television at an excellent price !

This 48" Linden television set was an excellent buy at the Good Guys before Xmas with the option of having it kept at their store until I moved to my new flat in January. It has very good picture quality, and excellent casting option from both my laptop and cellphone by using the Google Chromecast dongle.
Note that the sound is that of an ordinary TV set and becomes much better when you buy a surround sound speaker system which can be pluggeg in easily at the back of this TV.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Galli

GalliBrisbane

So far so good!

I've had my tv for a few months and it has been great. Excellent resolution. Easy to use remote. And I haven't lost it yet! I mostly use it to cast from phone and computer. It is clear and the sound if excellent for a smaller tv. Perfect for the bedroom.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Laura-F

Laura-FGeelong

Can't fault it

We bought this TV after wanting a good but basic replacement for our old one. Not wanting to spend alot of money limited our options. I am very happy with the TV. Set up was easy, remote and menu is simple to use. Picture and sound quality are great. I am really happy with it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Cemal

CemalMelbourne

Good

I am happy with this product. I got one of these from the Good Guys and it's not bad for the money though the sound quality is a let down, truly awful sound quality. Picture seems quite good for price point and ended up getting a Panasonic Soundbar 80 watt 2.0 Ch. ($99 on special) The 2 work well together. The T.V. is easy to set up and auto tune.