Linden (The Good Guys) MTV Series

Linden (The Good Guys) MTV Series

L32MTV17 (32"), L42MTV17 (42") and L48MTV17 (48")

Pretty good for the price

I got this from the Goodguys & am pretty happy with it. I wasnt expecting much since it is so cheap but it has been pretty good. The sound is bad, so you will have to have speakers to plug in, but I was expecting that. The picture quality is 720p, which can be too low for some, but its fine for me.

Purchased in January 2019.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality

Linden is the worst brand ever

Was talked into this 'good guys' recommended brand TV as the hisense that was in the catalogue was sold out. biggest mistake ever! Remote is so complicated, nothing makes sense, it is the cheapest manufactured piece of @#$%^ that i have ever bought. So bad the antenna reception is even weak! i have no positive comment to say about this....it will untune itself from channels, apple tv connection everything.....so bad i ended up trying to endure it for a few months but have finally come to the realisation that it's just crap. went back and bought a Hisense. WARNING DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY....wish i had read the reviews on here before i made the stupid mistake of listening to the sales man at the good guys....

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Useless bad product. Save yourself the trouble

Sound is pathetic. Dont waste your money. Cannot even make out what people say and if you turn it up it becomes a raw of tinny noise. Use your money to buy a book instead. Or if you really need to waste money then burn it. It will save you a lot of frustration.

Sound troubles

I got myself on of these but unless your willing to shell out for a sound bar ide look at one a little more expensive for better sound quality,tinny but once I got one and the sound bar was going its great for the price, very happy with it now

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Suitable for bedroom, second TV

32 inch (80 cm) Television. Used in bedroom. Basic TV. Sound fairly tinny but picture adequate.
Has 3 HDMI inputs which we use to connect Hard Drive or DVD. Mainly used for visiting children and watch their shows and does this more then adequately.
Happy enough with purchase in view of the cheap price.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Weighs nothing but does the job.

If you need a 32"Flat Panel TV that has a thin frame and weighs next to nothing, then this is it.

This TV has the same size picture but without the thick picture frame on our old TV. We didn't realise what a huge difference it would be and now realise that we could have upsized the screen and still fit the TV cabinet shelf. Oh well, too late now.

It is a budget priced TV and doesn't have any SMARTS but it is CEC-HDMI compliant so it will allow the remote and TV to exchange commands with your smart set top or Chromecast device if connected to HDMI port 1.

This TV is seriously light, has the standard 4 screw mounting points on the back, you could mount it on the ceiling, wall or door. Save weight in the caravan?

If you like the idea of laying in bed and watching TV, this could be it, mounted to the ceiling above. I can hold it in one hand. I have a Vesa mounting bracket which weighs about the same as this TV.

It is 240 VAC so you'll need to plug it into the inverter in your caravan.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
PS, you might notice a family resemblance when you look at ALDI's Baun TVs. I am playing the audio via my speakers on sound system, but when I tried the native audio from the TV's built-in speakers I must agree with some other reviews that it is underpowered and limited dynamic range. I plugged in an amplified 2.1 PC speaker (used to use on a desktop PC) and it is great until I turn off the TV, then I get a loud hum. I moved the speaker cable from line-out to headphone on the TV and the hum is gone. Having that headphone output on the TV saved me the need to spend $$ on a speaker bar.

Linden televisions are rubbish!

Surprise surprise, 2 weeks after the 12 month warranty expired, my Linden television lost sound, we now have the inconvenience of buying & setting up another television, and it won't be a Linden! We phoned Good Guys about possibility of fixing it but too expensive. We will buy a different brand from Harvey Norman.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good "homebrand" TV

Nothing wrong with this. Does everything promised faultlessly.
Comes with the benefit of Good Guys backup which is fine.
Perfect for our use of NetFlix and gaming. Connects seemlessly with our home wifi.
Picture quality is very nice and the sound is excellent for the price of the telly.
In the environment of TVs all being cheaper all the time why pay heaps for a name brand.
The picture and sound is not as good as our old dumb Plasma Panasonic but then it was $2700 back in the day.
Would watch anything other than the plasma for movies and free to air but the Linden is fine for everything else.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Perfect for my Man Shed

I purchased this TV several months ago for a replacement in my man shed which I spend a lot of time in. It has not missed a beat, the picture quality is extraordinary, functionality is good, and is a perfect size for my needs as I work and play. The sound is a little ordinary, so I connected a pair of good quality computer speakers with their own power supply and problem solved. Another issue I have with this TV is that if you set the timer or time clock to power on and off at certain times it works OK, but if there is a power interruption or power failure, the TV will not retain this memory, therefore the unit will not turn on again to the pre set times. I have a serious use for this function and am very disappointed it is not incorporated into the circuitry. Other than that the TV is Great and the price was unbeatable.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Linden 32 inch tv

Great picture, great sound easy set up. Excellent value for money. Will be purchasing a second one today for another bedroom. Dealing with the Good Guys, Port Macquarie was excellent. This tv has all the options one would like, however, it is not a smart tv which does not worry me.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

A very good clear Television at an excellent price !

This 48" Linden television set was an excellent buy at the Good Guys before Xmas with the option of having it kept at their store until I moved to my new flat in January. It has very good picture quality, and excellent casting option from both my laptop and cellphone by using the Google Chromecast dongle.
Note that the sound is that of an ordinary TV set and becomes much better when you buy a surround sound speaker system which can be pluggeg in easily at the back of this TV.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

So far so good!

I've had my tv for a few months and it has been great. Excellent resolution. Easy to use remote. And I haven't lost it yet! I mostly use it to cast from phone and computer. It is clear and the sound if excellent for a smaller tv. Perfect for the bedroom.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Can't fault it

We bought this TV after wanting a good but basic replacement for our old one. Not wanting to spend alot of money limited our options. I am very happy with the TV. Set up was easy, remote and menu is simple to use. Picture and sound quality are great. I am really happy with it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Good

I am happy with this product. I got one of these from the Good Guys and it's not bad for the money though the sound quality is a let down, truly awful sound quality. Picture seems quite good for price point and ended up getting a Panasonic Soundbar 80 watt 2.0 Ch. ($99 on special) The 2 work well together. The T.V. is easy to set up and auto tune.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great value for a decent product

Got the 42 inch from good guys on sale for $299 a couple of months ago and it's a great tv. Sound is not good but can use any speaker to fix that. Picture is good and works great with a Chromecast. Really good value and happy with the product.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Performs well for the price range, good as a 2nd TV

I use it infrequently as a second TV, so it didn't need to be top of the line. Works fine with a Blu-Ray player plugged in and I have used the playback via USB function too, but it's picky about file types. The sound isn't very good, which I have found with most TVs these days. A soundbar or external speakers are probably required, however my partner is hard of hearing and we use subtitles, so I haven't bothered. Screen refresh is a bit slow for fast-action video games, but a Nintendo Switch plugged in works fine for normal games. Recommended as a second TV or one for the bedroom. I managed to get this with 10% cash back on the already reduced price, which makes this a bargain, and almost down to the cost of the 32" model. So bargain hard.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good picture. poor sound.

Good value for $199 though few days after I bought it decided to get a soundbar as the audio quality is just poor and tinny sounding. The picture quality is pretty good and I can watch it without and obvious flaws. This was to replace another budget TV which lasted just over 5 years. I will be happy if I get similar life from this unit.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Terrific TV

Awesome value TV and works like a treat. Couldn't be happier, it has a very clear picture with great colour. I expected the sound to be poor due to the TV cost but it actually very good. I would recommend this TV to anyone looking to update at the moment.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great TV

We needed a bigger TV for our large living area and saw this at Good Guys so purchased in the Boxing Day sale. It's perfect for our space with a great picture and colour and easy for non-technically minded people to use. What made it even better was we picked it up the same day we ordered on line and received a store credit equal to 10% of the price - well done Good Guys and Linden!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Excellent Value

Excellent value for price.
Good resolution and compatible with similar high end brands.
Light weight and sturdy stands with antislip base.
Multiple inputs including 3 HDMI, VGA etc.
There are couple of things such as low audio and basic remote control that are not so great. Can improve on speakers and remote functions for sure.

Date PurchasedOct 2017