As good as they get
After my Previous Makita belt sander had a hernia after some 25-30 years I purchased the Makita 9924DB. As they say its a beast. Bit on the heavy side but so powerful . This is one good belt sander
Purchased in August 2020.
Fantastic Incredible Bully Boy Machine!
Soo, I bought some forest Bloodwood Slabs to dress for a Bar & Outdoor kitchen.
I go to Bunnings & buy the $119 Ryobi EBS800V Beltsander & took it back the next day, Disaster!
The Toolshop expert asks what I am doing & I said 5 forest Slabs, he says OH!! you need the 9924DB but its $397 & I have one 40 years old. Funny about that, my neighbour has the same one passed on from his father bought in 1979!
I Bought it! and a pile of Diablo belts 36,80 & 120
This machine is a Beast & it does exactly what they say, Just Balance the belt at each break, Don't press down & book in for a Suna & massage! as the 36 grit takes a bit of holding on to
For sanding wood fast this has been the greatest tool I own.
Belt sanders take a bit of practice to use as they remove material fast. I use this first and then a random orbital sander to give the finish. I have used this belt sander for everything - roughing tongued & grooved floor boards, sanding jointed timbers to an even surface, creating rounded edges after bandsawing, and even sharpening metal tools. To sharpen tools I sit it upside down and touch up drill bits and chisels.
The sander is light enough to work in and around your project and yet tough enough to last years. Mine has had new beari...
Find out how Makita 9924DB compares to other Belt Sanders
Know better, choose better.
- The Makita 9924DB is a belt sander with a 850W continuous power output, which gives it the gusto needed for efficient material removal.
- It’s suitable for sanding large surfaces of wood, plastic, and metal materials. It’s also designed for use on painted surfaces.
- The sander comes with a dust bag to help keep nuisance dust out of your eyes and keep it from messing up your workspace.
- With a belt speed of up to 400m a minute and the ability to change between low and high speeds, this tool can do a variety of jobs.
- The tool is mains-powered, and has a 2m long cord.
A point of praise:
- Reviewers said that the Makita 9924DB was reliable and powerful, and was effective in a variety of jobs, including roughing floorboards, sanding timber to an even surface, and creating rounded edges.
|Features||Dust Collection and Variable Speed|
|Cord Length||2 m|
|Belt Size||76 x 610 mm|
|Belt Speed||400 m/min|
|Colour / Finish||Silver & Teal|
|Release date||Mar 2010|
- MPN: 9924DB
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.