Makita Drill HP1631K

Makita Drill HP1631K

MPN: HP1631K
See the Best Power Tools in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Makita? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.5
Drill
DrillSydney Surrounds, NSW

Rubbish plastic chuck

HP1631 drill. Chuck stiff from new- now jammed completely. Won’t release drill bit. Used maybe 10 times. Lost receipt. Makita offered no suggestion apart from “bring it to us- any repairs will be payable”. Past fan of Makita, I bought a keyed Makita drill- much better. Only writing this review because I regret having wasted my money and regret Makita’s lack of concern even more.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

wildcard
wildcardbrisbane

plastic chuck melted

I have always been a makita fan and still have mine from 40 years ago. recently wife bough me a new drill for my birthday a makita HP1631K. A keyless chuck , the chuck was plastic outer casing and found it kept working loose and also when the chuck rubbed on a surface the plastic melted.... it is the only thing I found wrong with it, I have taken it back and getting a exchange to a model with a metal chuck .