MPN: 36057850

3.9

Richard D.

Richard D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Handle gets stuck

This machine has a fault where the handle gets stuck in the machine and won't come out. Apparently it's because they use cheap metal in the barrel that the handle slots into, but whatever the reason is renders the machine pretty useless. I used it about 10 times before this happened the first time. After a lot of frustration I got it clear and the machine worked 3 times more before it happened again. Would not recommend

Purchased in June 2015 for A$179.00.

James R

James RSydney, NSW

A fantastic machine but don't buy if you're not prepared to maintain it.

Purchased in December 2016.

carmoda

carmodaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Get what you pay for

I am on my second Atlas 150. These are certainly an acceptable machine for the money, i paid about $130AUD for the recent one, much more for my first a decade or more ago. Never wash these in the sink, they are crude mechanically and the grease when washed off the gears will cause the machine to implode, and no, you cant regrease them easily. DO NOT BUY the RAVIOLI attachment they are very limited in what they will cope with to the point of being useless.

Purchased in September 2012.

Not last long

The gear change part is poorly designed and built. it will not hold much force at all. we only use it 4 times and it will not work any more. I guess this is what you get for less than $200 but it turns up too expensive for the past that we had made.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Maurice

Maurice

Cheap plastic makes it unusable.

I bought this and made pasta four times: good pasta and easy to use, although the comments that others have made about machine oil getting in the pasta the first few uses are true.

However, the cheap plastic wingnut on the G-clamp that holds the machine to the bench snapped in two on the fourth use. No wings - no wingnut - no G-clamp - machine can't be fixed to the bench - pasta cannot be made.

At $95, those four batches of pasta were pretty expensive....

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ruth

RuthAustralia

I using this a pasta machine first month. It is so great to have my own homemade, organic pasta and lasagne . This is a fabulous pasta machine. Easy to use and easy to clean. Why I cannot imagine my kitchen without this amazing product.
I’m strongly recommending for people who love making a spaghetti.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Jess34

Jess34Sydney, NSW

Easy to use

I had always wanted to try making my own pasta and I bought this to give it a go. I invited some friends over and we made fettuccini and ravioli (cut and filled the ravioli ourselves as I don't have the ravioli attachment). It was easy to use, sturdy and we had a lot of fun making it.
It attaches to the bench easily, is very sturdy and rolls so easily. It appears well made and I'm very happy with it. It isn't something you use every day but it makes for a lovely Sunday afternoon cook up.
I recently read that someone put through spinach tortilla dough through this machine to make lunch wraps. I thought this was a brilliant idea and I'm going to give it a go on the weekend.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Trab

TrabMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Magnificent

This replaces a Marcato machine which has been used weekly for 20 years plus but the old machine had a problem if the dough was a little too moist it would get stuck on the rollers and create all sorts of problems. This new machine has been greatly improved and instead of the rollers being smooth and shiny they seem to have a very slight matte finish on them which prevents this sticking problem. Every batch of pasta made on this machine has been a breeze. I would highly recommend this and congrats to Marcato for such a great improvement.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Crappy

Constant mechanical breakdowns, on my second one and now its broken - handle stuck, rollers jam - hopeless rip off. Could never recommend to anyone. It is impossible to clean, cutter gets stuck in place, anchor comes loose all the time, very disappointed bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Sophie K

Sophie KMaple Ridge, BC, Canada

Marcato Atlas 150

I bought Marcato Atlas 150 Wellness pasta machine in July and totally love it. It is sturdy, easy to use. I used to own a Kitchenaid noodle attachment which is a piece of junk. Make sure you do not buy it. The product is useless. I used it a couple of times and it broke. My husband opened it to see and found out that the gear was made of plastic. It is a complete waste of money!! I love this Marcato pasta machine. I have been using it every day since July. I also used to own a Lagostina pasta maker which is made in China. The Marcato Atlas is way better product and it is made in Italy.
Sophie

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Elaine

ElainePerth

Italian perfection

Hels

HelsSydney

Starting point

I am not Italian, and have made pasta for the first time. Recipe that comes with the product is simple and easy. If you want to hide veges in ravioli or be creative with your cooking; I would highly recommend this product. Next step home made fettuccini. I would like to hear of any success stories of hiding veges in pasta recipes.

cas22

cas22Melbourne

Fabulous little machine - simple, effective and inexpensive

I first came across this pasta machine while doing a course on making fresh pasta with Pizzini Wines' "A Tavola" cooking school in the King Valley, Victoria. I was impressed with how easy it was to use and how well it produced fresh pasta. So much so, I bought my own machine and it has certainly lived up to my expectations. It's also easy to clean - just a quick wipe with a damp cloth - and it looks good. Unlike one earlier reviewer, I haven't had any problems with the fully metal handle and, I'm sure, if this was a widespread problem a cooking school would not be using it regularly with students.

Nicole

Nicole

Best pasta machine

snookies

snookies

Not bad for what it is

I've used this 4 or 5 times and I really like it. Simple, easy to use. No problems with jammed handles.

I agree that the quality of the finish is not fantastic but let's be serious here, you're paying less than $100 for it (woolworths click and collect) not $500. If it were $500 there'd be a reason to complain! It seems to be steel coated in a cheap chrome layer. You don't wash it (you don't need to) and you can't use salt in the dough because it would corrode it.

For what it is, it's fine. I find the process a bit relaxing myself.

cireycul

cireyculMelbourne

Beautiful little machine

Just used this to make pasta! It's a good little machine! The only thing is it came with 2 cutters fettuccini and angel hair. Angel hair is a bit thin,a spaghetti cutter would have been nice. Handle falls off sometimes. But otherwise it works really well. Happy with my purchase .

LCoy75

LCoy75Wollongong

Handle gets stuck!!!!

Pretty Sweet

First time pasta maker and had no idea what I was doing. Brought some good quality flour and bingo! Awesome recipe for dough on the back of box. Machine works perfectly..Time will tell I suppose with the overall performance of it. So far though, extremely happy.

arya

aryaMelbourne

High quality

Love my pasta machine! Got this as a gift, and have been using it almost every week for my pastas :)

The machine is easy to use and straight away you can feel it is very high quality and very well built. Very sturdy. No problems with it so far. Only thing is I wish the book had more recipes and instructions. In the end I looked up online to get the best results. Took a bit of trial and error getting the right pasta dough consistency. I think other users' problems mentioned in their reviews is due to lack of practice with a pasta dough. I had the same issues but after practicing and knowing what makes a good dough, I find the machine works it out smoothly and beautifully.

Fifihamm

Fifihamm

Pretty Good

I did a fair bit of research before buying the Atlas,couldn't find any bad reviews and it hasn't disappointed me.
I had no idea it was so easy to make up a batch of pasta dough,I've made pasta 3 times this week.
My first batch was a bit too soft so spaghetti was stuck together but made next batch a bit drier and it worked perfectly.
The instructions state not to use any salt and I'm wondering if this is because it will cause damage over time...
I picked some spinach today, washed it,dried it and made fettucini , what a great feeling!!
Easy to use