MPN: 36057850

See the Best Manual Pasta Makers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A fantastic machine but don't buy if you're not prepared to maintain it.

I've had the Marcato 150 with electric motor for over 2 years now and it has been faultless. I use it regularly and find it so much quicker/easier to make pasta than hand rolling. Having owned a cheaper machine prior I believe the Marcato truly is high quality, very solid and very well built. Unlike many cheaper pasta machines not only can you take this machine apart (Almost fully stripped down) for cleaning & re-greasing etc but it is a necessity if you want it to last. And the process is fairly complex. Marcato give you instructions but if you struggle with such things don't spend this sort of money, get something cheap that you can throw away without too much worry. If you have the patience to care for a solid well built item this will serve you well for many years I think.

Purchased in December 2016.

Get what you pay for

I am on my second Atlas 150. These are certainly an acceptable machine for the money, i paid about $130AUD for the recent one, much more for my first a decade or more ago. Never wash these in the sink, they are crude mechanically and the grease when washed off the gears will cause the machine to implode, and no, you cant regrease them easily. DO NOT BUY the RAVIOLI attachment they are very limited in what they will cope with to the point of being useless.

Purchased in September 2012.

Not last long

The gear change part is poorly designed and built. it will not hold much force at all. we only use it 4 times and it will not work any more. I guess this is what you get for less than $200 but it turns up too expensive for the past that we had made.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Cheap plastic makes it unusable.

I bought this and made pasta four times: good pasta and easy to use, although the comments that others have made about machine oil getting in the pasta the first few uses are true.

However, the cheap plastic wingnut on the G-clamp that holds the machine to the bench snapped in two on the fourth use. No wings - no wingnut - no G-clamp - machine can't be fixed to the bench - pasta cannot be made.

At $95, those four batches of pasta were pretty expensive....

Date PurchasedDec 2017

I using this a pasta machine first month. It is so great to have my own homemade, organic pasta and lasagne . This is a fabulous pasta machine. Easy to use and easy to clean. Why I cannot imagine my kitchen without this amazing product.
I’m strongly recommending for people who love making a spaghetti.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Easy to use

I had always wanted to try making my own pasta and I bought this to give it a go. I invited some friends over and we made fettuccini and ravioli (cut and filled the ravioli ourselves as I don't have the ravioli attachment). It was easy to use, sturdy and we had a lot of fun making it.
It attaches to the bench easily, is very sturdy and rolls so easily. It appears well made and I'm very happy with it. It isn't something you use every day but it makes for a lovely Sunday afternoon cook up.
I recently read that someone put through spinach tortilla dough through this machine to make lunch wraps. I thought this was a brilliant idea and I'm going to give it a go on the weekend.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Magnificent

This replaces a Marcato machine which has been used weekly for 20 years plus but the old machine had a problem if the dough was a little too moist it would get stuck on the rollers and create all sorts of problems. This new machine has been greatly improved and instead of the rollers being smooth and shiny they seem to have a very slight matte finish on them which prevents this sticking problem. Every batch of pasta made on this machine has been a breeze. I would highly recommend this and congrats to Marcato for such a great improvement.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Crappy

Constant mechanical breakdowns, on my second one and now its broken - handle stuck, rollers jam - hopeless rip off. Could never recommend to anyone. It is impossible to clean, cutter gets stuck in place, anchor comes loose all the time, very disappointed bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Marcato Atlas 150

I bought Marcato Atlas 150 Wellness pasta machine in July and totally love it. It is sturdy, easy to use. I used to own a Kitchenaid noodle attachment which is a piece of junk. Make sure you do not buy it. The product is useless. I used it a couple of times and it broke. My husband opened it to see and found out that the gear was made of plastic. It is a complete waste of money!! I love this Marcato pasta machine. I have been using it every day since July. I also used to own a Lagostina pasta maker which is made in China. The Marcato Atlas is way better product and it is made in Italy.
Sophie

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Italian perfection

Fabulous creation from the Italians and that is why I purchased this gadget as I thought if it is from Italy and they are the pasta Kings, this machine would be excellent. It really is. I watched a lady making pasta on TV with a pasta machine and I decided to give it a try.. I make a batch of pasta with1 cup of half pasta flour and 1 cup of normal plain flour with couple eggs and little water and put in my magimix then knead for 10 minutes by hand. To make spaghetti, I put thru the rolling process x 3 on knob 3 and then put to 6 on knob for spaghetti and for lasagne I put thru x 3 folded on number 5 on the knob to gauge thickness.. My lasagne turns out beautiful. Gives a much better texture than the shop stuff:) All the components on this machine as well made. The handle is metal and I suggest when it is attached to example kitchen bench to put a little piece of leather or something where you tighten the screw to keep it secure. When finished, I use a little brush and brush off excess flour and some caught pasta.

Starting point

I am not Italian, and have made pasta for the first time. Recipe that comes with the product is simple and easy. If you want to hide veges in ravioli or be creative with your cooking; I would highly recommend this product. Next step home made fettuccini. I would like to hear of any success stories of hiding veges in pasta recipes.

Fabulous little machine - simple, effective and inexpensive

I first came across this pasta machine while doing a course on making fresh pasta with Pizzini Wines' "A Tavola" cooking school in the King Valley, Victoria. I was impressed with how easy it was to use and how well it produced fresh pasta. So much so, I bought my own machine and it has certainly lived up to my expectations. It's also easy to clean - just a quick wipe with a damp cloth - and it looks good. Unlike one earlier reviewer, I haven't had any problems with the fully metal handle and, I'm sure, if this was a widespread problem a cooking school would not be using it regularly with students.

Best pasta machine

I was tossing between a cheap made in china one and a marcato, ended up paying a bit more for the marcato and i am glad i did. Mine is marcato design line alias 150, the handle is fully metal. I am not 100% but i think an older marcato classic line is with a plastic handle. Mine does not have plastic anywhere. Not entirely sure what the metal is, some say alloy some say stainless steel. The surface is satiny silver (the silver version of the color line) and it does not look nor feel cheap.
Its easy to use and the handle is super easy to put on and take off (so if yours isn't i think you might have got a lemon, take it back where you got it and swap for another). Have never thought making pasta is so easy, i was fully prepared for multiple trial and errors, but the first go is just perfect.
If you want to know how to make the dough there are plenty of you tube videos, in particular i love Gennaro Contaldo's instructions. Super easy to follow and make beautiful pasta.
I was told not to wash a pasta machine regardless of what brand you buy, but i get nothing stuck on the machine after using it, yes there are dusting on flour but i give it a good wipe down with a microfibre cloth and its good to go again.
Have fun its worth it!

Not bad for what it is

I've used this 4 or 5 times and I really like it. Simple, easy to use. No problems with jammed handles.

I agree that the quality of the finish is not fantastic but let's be serious here, you're paying less than $100 for it (woolworths click and collect) not $500. If it were $500 there'd be a reason to complain! It seems to be steel coated in a cheap chrome layer. You don't wash it (you don't need to) and you can't use salt in the dough because it would corrode it.

For what it is, it's fine. I find the process a bit relaxing myself.

Beautiful little machine

Just used this to make pasta! It's a good little machine! The only thing is it came with 2 cutters fettuccini and angel hair. Angel hair is a bit thin,a spaghetti cutter would have been nice. Handle falls off sometimes. But otherwise it works really well. Happy with my purchase .

Handle gets stuck!!!!

Don't buy this machine... although it makes great pasta if you do happen to have one given to you.
The machine is made from cheap metal that you can't even get wet.
The handle gets stuck in the cheap metal barrel which the only way to get it out is to place a folded piece of cardboard in the roller and squeeze it tighter on the settings. You then have to wrangle the stupid handle out whilst the notches cut into the cheap metal barrel. Thus making the machine useless as there is no slot for the handle teeth to engage with. Terrible product, and the biggest problem is this is my second machine! I can't even take it back because of the damn Robins Kitchen debacle. I had to pay for my own shipping cost to get it back to the distributer for a warranty claim. So it's definitely the product because it's happened twice to us, plus others that have posted the same thing.

Don't listen to the 5 star ratings, they just haven't experienced this "yet!"

Pretty Sweet

First time pasta maker and had no idea what I was doing. Brought some good quality flour and bingo! Awesome recipe for dough on the back of box. Machine works perfectly..Time will tell I suppose with the overall performance of it. So far though, extremely happy.

High quality

Love my pasta machine! Got this as a gift, and have been using it almost every week for my pastas :)

The machine is easy to use and straight away you can feel it is very high quality and very well built. Very sturdy. No problems with it so far. Only thing is I wish the book had more recipes and instructions. In the end I looked up online to get the best results. Took a bit of trial and error getting the right pasta dough consistency. I think other users' problems mentioned in their reviews is due to lack of practice with a pasta dough. I had the same issues but after practicing and knowing what makes a good dough, I find the machine works it out smoothly and beautifully.

Pretty Good

I did a fair bit of research before buying the Atlas,couldn't find any bad reviews and it hasn't disappointed me.
I had no idea it was so easy to make up a batch of pasta dough,I've made pasta 3 times this week.
My first batch was a bit too soft so spaghetti was stuck together but made next batch a bit drier and it worked perfectly.
The instructions state not to use any salt and I'm wondering if this is because it will cause damage over time...
I picked some spinach today, washed it,dried it and made fettucini , what a great feeling!!
Easy to use

Easy and Fun!

1st time I used it I just followed the recipe and instructions and it was very easy and fun to use. I did it on my own, no problems. I was surprised how quick and easy it was. The end result was beautiful fresh pasta, enjoyed by the family. Everyone is keen to have a go!
Looks good, easy and fun to use

I picked up a new Atlas 4 piece set at a recent auction .. it looks great and is all there but I don't know how to drive it - there was no instruction or hint booklet with it... can any one help with a copy ? Ian T.Great machine...if you can ever get the handle out of one slot to use in another!!! The most frustrating piece of equipment ever! Poor design makes it very hard to use. Please atlas...sort it out. Do not buy this machine!