3Marcato Atlas 150

4.5

Adma
AdmaPerth, WA3 posts

Worth the investment

Solid piece of machinery. It’s now 15 years old and outlasted everything in my kitchen. When cleaned it still looks brand new.
You will go through many pasta making phases in your life and whenever you do the Atlas 150 will be there in the cupboard ready to go.
No need to wash it just brush off the dry pasta and pack away.
Worth the investment, just buy it you will not be disappointed. Show details
Sandra C.
Sandra C.Hobart, TAS4 posts

Great result but very loud

This machine is quick and rolls the sheets well but the motor is loud, I am very surprised how loud it is. I am hoping it is because it is squeaky new and will settle down with use otherwise I will need ear muffs :/ Show details ·  3
Tim
TimNewcastle23 posts

Great little device

Bought it during the shutdowns as I’d heard how much better home made pasta is. It’s easy to operate and once you get into a rhythm you can make 500 grams pretty quickly. No issues with the machine. Appears to be well made and sturdy. I think you can get a spaghetti attachment as this isn’t standard (from what I understand). The only odd thing is the instructions say add eggs and water but I can’t see anywhere as to how much water. I normally add a tbsp or so if there is any flour left over after mixing and work that into the dough. Show details
Joe L.
Joe L.Southwest, VIC2 posts

Richard D.
Richard D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Handle gets stuck

This machine has a fault where the handle gets stuck in the machine and won't come out. Apparently it's because they use cheap metal in the barrel that the handle slots into, but whatever the reason is renders the machine pretty useless. I used it about 10 times before this happened the first time. After a lot of frustration I got it clear and the machine worked 3 times more before it happened again. Would not recommend Show details
James R
James RSydney, NSW17 posts

paster lover
paster lover

Not last long

The gear change part is poorly designed and built. it will not hold much force at all. we only use it 4 times and it will not work any more. I guess this is what you get for less than $200 but it turns up too expensive for the past that we had made.

Maurice
Maurice3 posts

Cheap plastic makes it unusable

I bought this and made pasta four times: good pasta and easy to use, although the comments that others have made about machine oil getting in the pasta the first few uses are true.

However, the cheap plastic wingnut on the G-clamp that holds the machine to the bench snapped in two on the fourth use. No wings - no wingnut - no G-clamp - machine can't be fixed to the bench - pasta cannot be made.

At $95, those four batches of pasta were pretty expensive....

Ruth
RuthAustralia7 posts

I using this a pasta machine first month. It is so great to have my own homemade, organic pasta and lasagne . This is a fabulous pasta machine. Easy to use and easy to clean. Why I cannot imagine my kitchen without this amazing product.

I’m strongly recommending for people who love making a spaghetti.

Jess34
Jess34Sydney, NSW11 posts

Easy to use

I had always wanted to try making my own pasta and I bought this to give it a go. I invited some friends over and we made fettuccini and ravioli (cut and filled the ravioli ourselves as I don't have the ravioli attachment). It was easy to use, sturdy and we had a lot of fun making it.

It attaches to the bench easily, is very sturdy and rolls so easily. It appears well made and I'm very happy with it. It isn't something you use every day but it makes for a lovely Sunday afternoon cook up.

I recently read that someone put through spinach tortilla dough through this machine to make lunch wraps. I thought this was a brilliant idea and I'm going to give it a go on the weekend.

Trab
TrabMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Magnificent

This replaces a Marcato machine which has been used weekly for 20 years plus but the old machine had a problem if the dough was a little too moist it would get stuck on the rollers and create all sorts of problems. This new machine has been greatly improved and instead of the rollers being smooth and shiny they seem to have a very slight matte finish on them which prevents this sticking problem. Every batch of pasta made on this machine has been a breeze. I would highly recommend this and congrats to Marcato for such a great improvement.

woki
woki

Crappy

Constant mechanical breakdowns, on my second one and now its broken - handle stuck, rollers jam - hopeless rip off. Could never recommend to anyone. It is impossible to clean, cutter gets stuck in place, anchor comes loose all the time, very disappointed bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad.

Sophie K
Sophie KBC, Canada2 posts

Marcato Atlas 150

I bought Marcato Atlas 150 Wellness pasta machine in July and totally love it. It is sturdy, easy to use. I used to own a Kitchenaid noodle attachment which is a piece of junk. Make sure you do not buy it. The product is useless. I used it a couple of times and it broke. My husband opened it to see and found out that the gear was made of plastic. It is a complete waste of money!! I love this Marcato pasta machine. I have been using it every day since July. I also used to own a Lagostina pasta maker which is made in China. The Marcato Atlas is way better product and it is made in Italy.

Sophie

Elaine
ElainePerth, WA14 posts

Hels
HelsSydney3 posts

Starting point

I am not Italian, and have made pasta for the first time. Recipe that comes with the product is simple and easy. If you want to hide veges in ravioli or be creative with your cooking; I would highly recommend this product. Next step home made fettuccini. I would like to hear of any success stories of hiding veges in pasta recipes.