Masport 5 Tonne Log Splitter

Masport 5 Tonne Log Splitter

Great machine!

Brilliant machine. It slices through red gum, messmate, iron bark and blood wood with ease. If the log is to big or dense, chop it back from the outside in then drive up the centre for the final split.

Another great feature is the overload cutoff. If the machine struggles chopping through knotted or branching sections it’ll turn off. Just press the reset switch, reposition the log and go again.

I am really happy with this products. It saves my dodgy shoulders and back... so much fun & it’s addictive too! Way better than the hydraulic machines!

darterHobart

This machine far exceeds my expectations.

John K.

John K.asked

The 5 ton log splitter konks out when attached to a 2 kva honda generator. What is the peak voltage requirement needed?

darter

Firstly, The splitter is supposedly consuming 1500 watts, now that will be at no load. so every time you engage the rack you are increasing the load and therefore increasing the current draw. Also if the belts are not adjusted correctly to allow slippage when the rack slows or stops during a split then the motor stalls drastically increasing the current draw. So ensure the belts are correctly adjusted so as to allow slip and as you are using a toy generator perhaps you need to up grade that. Most important to remember, the motor does NOT move or power the rack, it only spins the flywheels so it needs to be kept running at maximum revs. The kinetic energy of the flywheels does the work. The motor must have the ability to maintain it's speed, so, belts that can slip and plenty of power. Too long or too thin an extension lead will have the same effect .

Ronasked

Where is the 5 tonne kinetic log splitter made?

darter

China of course, where else? New Zealand staff work in the Chinese factory overseeing production I have been told by Masport Australia. Still very happy with my splitter, does about 10 or 11 ton each year. I grease the rack every 5 or so hours.

Ron

Well said, as I thought, but Masport Australia doesn’t state this openly on the net so far as I could find. Much obliged.

Max Baker

Max Bakerasked

Can you send me or tell me where I can get a full instruction for use of the 5 ton Kinetic wood splitter.
I purchase a new one from Bunnings in the last month and have not used it as yet.

darter

An instruction manual as well as warranty details come with the splitter.