Maton Mini Maton Series

Maton Mini Maton Series

I love it.

The EM6 I have is a beautifully made solid wood mini guitar. The acoustics are great, better than I expected they were going to be. The tone is very impressive for this small bodied guitar. It's light and easy to play. The Elixir strings sound really good. But you need to plug it in to hear how good it can really sound via the AP5 original pick up. I like the pale Queensland Maple that features in the neck, back and sides of the guitar. This is not my first Maton instrument, so I have no fears about the build quality. I'm looking forward to many years of use from it, alongside the other Matons I already have.

Don't buy one if you don't want a heartbreak

I bought this guitar because I write songs and play them, and I needed a nice sounding guitar I could move around with and reach etc. I've had it for 5 years. It was not well made and the list of problems I've had is so long.. but here goes.

Firstly, I've had more than one guitarist tell me (who know their stuff) that this guitar was a "lemon" and "not made properly". The neck has warped so badly that the harmonics are shite, even had it fixed and it's still a bit out. The frets got dented to unplayable and had to be replaced, I only use custom light strings, so I don't know why that happened. The wood the guitar is made of is so soft that a fingernail can dent it.

The top of the guitar is cracking and crazing on the grain of the wood, and the top centre join is cracking. Now, to top it all off, the pickup refuses to hold on to it's battery pack. I've had better quality cheap ashtons. For something I thought I would hand down to my daughter and cost me $1000 I'm appalled. I don't agree that its a good travel guitar, because it's too delicate, and mine hasn't left the house only for the occasional gig. If you want a good travel sized guitar buy a Cort or a Washburn, I wish I had. I just thought I was supporting Aussie made.. as good aussies should try to do. Now I wish I had bought chinese. My old washburn was less of a finnicky [censored word removed] than my mini.

Fantastic Traveller's Gutiar!

If your in need of an acoustic that you can chuck in the back of your car, look no further. It has a fantastic tone with a decent amount of bottom end for the size.

Sounds great plugged in, ideal for small worship sessions or cell groups. On board pickup with EQ so you can boost and cut your bass, treble and mids.

Mine has action lowered and elixir nanowebs on it, playability second to none.
Easy to play, comfortable neck, warm tones
Expensive brand new, better off going for a second hand one and whack on some Elixirs