16Mazda 2

Boot Size
Comfort
Features
4.1
Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.

Andrew S.
Andrew S.7 posts
  DJ/DL
Bob6 posts
Yvonne L.
Yvonne L.South East Queensland, QLD42 posts
  Verified DJ GT

AVOID THE BONNET PROTECTOR!

I love this car. But regret paying for the bonnet protector. Not only did it not protect from damage IT CAUSED DAMAGE TO THE FRONT OF MY CAR - PAINT WAS SCRAPED OFF BY DEBRIS BEING TRAPPED IN IT.
I complained to Toowong Mazda but they didn't care. See PICS OF THE DAMAGE DONE WITHIN 6 MONTHS. Show details
Dan L
harleydhoneybone
harleydhoneyboneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  DE

Perfect little car

I’ve always had larger commodores so making the switch to a little hatch was a big change but I haven’t regretted it one bit.
I brought a used ‘07 DE series 1 Genki early 2019 for 4200 with 130k on the clock.
For a 14 year old car she still goes great! The fuel consumptions amazing, nippy and easy to park, good acceleration, nice smooth gear changes.

The suspension is a little stiff and there’s a bit of road noise which you can definitely hear even more when the back seats are folded down but other then that, I honestly can’t point out any other flaws.
A great safe little car :) Show details

Josephine73
Josephine73Western Australia4 posts

Should have stuck with Toyota

Car purchased brand new from a dealer in 2015. Has driven beautifully, quite spacious, roomy enough for the family. Good fuel economy. Great car until last week when out of nowhere, the Variable Valve Timer Actuator died. No power to drive above 60km/hr and definitely undriveable. Car has always been serviced by Mazda and just recently serviced a month ago. Mazda will not rectify this new problem, even though the component should last the life of the car. This appears to be a common problem with Mazdas and with Mazda refusing to fix the issue - look on the AAC website. So $3500 out of pocket even though it's only just under 6 years old. I should have bought another Toyota. No problems with that one in 22 years. Show details
Testing386
Testing386Sydney, NSW46 posts
  Verified DJ GT

Super practical hatch!

This is the second Mazda 2 hatch we have owned, and our fourth Mazda.

Decided on the GT after experiencing the benefits of the Vision package in our Mazda 3.
Car is a delight to drive and park.

Surprising amount of storage with the second row folded down. I regularly fit a lawn mower and gardening gear when I have to tend my parents' home. Load area is short though - our line trimmer handle sticks out over the centre console.

The only disappointment is that actual fuel consumption has not matched the claimed figure. We are hoping this will improve as the engine loosens up with more kilometers.
Five year warranty and five year roadside assist make Mazda a safe purchase. Show details

Jacqui
JacquiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC10 posts
  DE

Love it

I love my Mazda. She is zippy, low maintenance and economical. I have had her nearly four years, get her serviced yearly and never any issues. Fantastic purchase, I will get another. Highly recommended.  Show details
Deo Balraj
Deo BalrajPerth, WA5 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified DJ Pure

Mazda 2 Automatic 2019

This vehicle is used mainly to travel to the University on daily basis and for local run arounds. This vehicle is very light on fuel and is only 6 months old and the interior still smells like a new vechile. It is good value for money and has 5 star ANCAP safety rating. Show details
AUGUSTO R.
AUGUSTO R.3 posts

The perfect small car

You can feel and see the materials quality, the standard features for the price are more than what I expected. Very cheap in petrol, definitely I would recommend this car. Show details
gr3y
gr3yVictoria7 posts

good but side mirrors have terrible BLIND SPOT

terrible blindspot on both side mirrors. maybe im just use to my ford fiesta, but with this car, i have to do a full head to body check. also had an odour coming from airconditioning. mazda applied some lemonade freshner during service, but odour came back.
otherwise, gps dashboard is good, controls good. steering wheel is very light. doors shut quietly.
more fuel efficient than my ford fiesta, brakes a bit more sensitive though. Show details
Neomal Perera
Neomal Perera2 posts
Linda
LindaSydney, NSW4 posts

A lemon

Have purchased a Mazda 2 only one year old. I have broken down 3 times in 3 weeks. Have taken it to Stanmore dealership and it broke down a week later. Took it to Artarmon dealership had it serviced and asked for them to fix the problem and it broke down 2 days later. I am currently on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. This is beyond a joke.
Artarmon refused any assistance. Said it was my responsibility to get the car to them. I asked if they would provide me with a car and they refused. Asked if they would provide Towing no was the answer. It’s an automatic start. With sky active technology. I am 67 years old and purchased this car believing it was reliable. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED. Show details