Mazda 2

• Comfort
Deo Balraj

Deo BalrajPerth, WA

Mazda 2 Automatic 2019

This vehicle is used mainly to travel to the University on daily basis and for local run arounds. This vehicle is very light on fuel and is only 6 months old and the interior still smells like a new vechile. It is good value for money and has 5 star ANCAP safety rating.

Purchased in November 2019 at Mazda Dealers for A$19,000.00.

AUGUSTO R.

AUGUSTO R.

The perfect small car

You can feel and see the materials quality, the standard features for the price are more than what I expected. Very cheap in petrol, definitely I would recommend this car.

Purchased in August 2019.

gr3y

gr3yVictoria

good but side mirrors have terrible BLIND SPOT

terrible blindspot on both side mirrors. maybe im just use to my ford fiesta, but with this car, i have to do a full head to body check. also had an odour coming from airconditioning. mazda applied some lemonade freshner during service, but odour came back.
otherwise, gps dashboard is good, controls good. steering wheel is very light. doors shut quietly.
more fuel efficient than my ford fiesta, brakes a bit more sensitive though.

Purchased in June 2016.

Year2016

Neomal Perera

Neomal Perera

Gem of a car

Purchased in October 2013 for A$9,000.00.

Year2005
Linda

LindaSydney, NSW

A lemon

Have purchased a Mazda 2 only one year old. I have broken down 3 times in 3 weeks. Have taken it to Stanmore dealership and it broke down a week later. Took it to Artarmon dealership had it serviced and asked for them to fix the problem and it broke down 2 days later. I am currently on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck. This is beyond a joke.
Artarmon refused any assistance. Said it was my responsibility to get the car to them. I asked if they would provide me with a car and they refused. Asked if they would provide Towing no was the answer. It’s an automatic start. With sky active technology. I am 67 years old and purchased this car believing it was reliable. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED.

Purchased in January 2019 at Mazda Artarmon .

Great little car

Bought new ex-demo. Commute to work great on fuel although a little noisy and the speedo is over on the actual speed compared to the cruise control. Love the reverse sensors they’re a life saver! Comfy and zippy to drive and looks good. I have the dynamic blue colour and always getting compliments. Bluetooth is annoyingly slow and sometimes crap. Sometimes ding sounds from the passenger floor but apparently nothing wrong with it. Overall no major issues but only had it 2 months so far.

Purchased in November 2019 at Mazda Dealers.

Mike G

Mike G

240,000 km and never had a spanner put on the engine.

Purchased in November 2005 at Grand Prix Mazda for A$17,999.00.

Year2005
Davbarg

DavbargPeel, WA

Has proved to be a great buy

Had the car for 2 years now and could not be happier. Great mileage 6.1 k's per 100 k's average over the 2 years. Comfortable, nippy, great electronics voice activation for phone, navigation, music etc. Cannot say enough about this little beast it is trult phenomenal. Could not be happier.

Purchased in September 2017 at Mandurah Mazda.

Year2017
Sam U.

Sam U.Perth, WA

Not in the quality expected

Got one with just over 100k on the clock but having difficulties with power steering and seatbelt pre tention sensor. These kind of issues are not expected with a reputable japanese manufacturer and repair cost would be more than 2000$ atleast. Never buy Mazda again :( Going back for Toyota.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$5,000.00.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
Year2008

KayH

KayH

This is a perfect car for me!

My life wouldn't be the same without it! I've had a Mazda 2 for almost 10 years now and if I was to replace it - it would also be another Mazda 2 but this time I would purchase a White one! It is easy to park, great to drive, and the steering is really well balanced - other makes that I tried before purchasing my Mazda 2 were very light in the steering that's why I chose a Mazda 2.
I use my car most days for family transport, visiting friends and family and getting to appointments.
I use my car depending on what I have on that week.
I have my car serviced by following the manual instructions also depending on whether I'm out of the country on holiday mostly every year or when it needs something to be looked at which is hardly ever.

Purchased in February 2010 at Mazda Dealers for A$24,000.00.

Year2010
John Neetng

John NeetngSouth East Queensland, QLD

ultra reliable

2003 model, 150,000km on clock - demo with 400k when bought, cost 16,000 with anti rust and tinting.
pro's- never failed, regular service every 10,000 till 100,000 then every 20,000 by Kmart after warrenty expiry. Service / replacements - tyres, 2 new battery, break pads, fluids; thats it :) would buy another mazda 2 in a heartbeat. highway top on trip to Vic from Qld - 140-160Kph. not a hickup. No squeeks or leaks. spares cheap as if needed from wreckers galore - runs on 91 [ per book ]. Cons- can't think of any.except the tinting on one back window is starting to peel but that's a third party install

Purchased in February 2003 at Grand Prix Mazda for A$16,000.00.

Year2003
jane

janeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Automatic transmission fail.

I Bought Mazda 2 neo 2016 in April 2017 as demo car. The car done only 18000 Km and have major problem with transmission.3 weeks ago when I was reversing there was big noice under car. Took car straight to Mazda, was told transmission slipping. They reprogram on the computer transmission. After 2 weeks the same problem. now car can't be drive.Propably they must replace whole gearbox.Manufactures faulty gearbox. I lost trust in Mazda. I don't know if some Mazda 2 owners have similar problem ?

Purchased in April 2017.

James Breen

James BreenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great car and could be even better for peanuts

We bought this Mazda 2 Neo model 2nd hand with 38000 on the clock, My mechanic said these cars are trouble free and l agree. A delight to drive,great seats and a stylish overall feel when driving. My only annoyances are are few dash rattles,crackles ( vibrating cable noises?) when driving on certain textured roads or bumps. The other annoyance is the lack of reverse camera in a 2016 built vehicle (bewildering when rear vision is so restrictive) l suppose it's my fault for not buying a more expensive model to get such a basic feature. The 12 mth service intervals are a big plus and the Mazda Brighton service dept are outstanding to deal with. This is my 2nd Mazda in 7 years and won't be my last.

Purchased in April 2019.

Year2016
James C.

James C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

a good car

A very good reliable car but it is not fuel efficient and can be expensive to service if you service it through the dealer. However, I am still very happy with the car.

Purchased in February 2015.

Year2015
G. Hix

G. HixHunter Region, NSW

A good fit for a family car

As our first family car this is a pleasant purchase, the dealership was also very friendly. Lately everything I am buying has turned out great. My new iPhone, furniture from desired living and now this fantastic car which drives like a dream

Purchased in March 2019.

Lyna

LynaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love my baby Mazda 2

Bought this baby brand new in 2010 at Mazda Dealer Edwardstown and I still love it. It's an economical little hatch that takes me to A to Z everyday, and has plenty of room to store groceries. I can fold down the chairs to give it more room when needed. Needless to say it's been reliable I haven't had any issues with it breaking down on the road.

Purchased in June 2010.

Year2010
Jeffro

Jeffro

Good economical small car

We drive our little Mazda 2 everyday and have found it to be very easy to drive and fuel efficient.We have only owned this car for 4 months but it has been very reliable and fun to drive.It also has no problem carrying 4-5 people

Purchased in January 2019 at Melbourne's Cheapest Cars for A$8.00.

Year2012
AJB

AJBIllawarra, NSW

Mazda 2 Neo - I love my new Zoom Zoom!

After 6 months of using public transport my Husband finally bought me a car. Having owned a Mazda 2 previously I was keen to purchase another and was not disappointed. With added extra's now on the basic Neo model (rear parking sensors, wing mirror retract button and bluetooth) I was very impressed. Also managed to get floor mats thrown in at no extra cost. I bought the manual as it was cheaper.
I use daily for a 20 minute drive to/from work and running errands at weekends. No issues so far, I am very happy with my new car.

Purchased in March 2019 at Mazda Dealers for A$15,888.00.

Snooky

Snooky

MAZDA 2 RULES!

Purchased in September 2015.

Bec

BecGold coast

Great little car!

Buying this car was definitely a great decision. I bought it brand new and have not had a single problem with it for 4 years now.
Great fuel economy. Surprisingly spacious in the back seats. Huge amount of space when you put the back seats down too! I’ve managed to squeeze surfboards, golf clubs and bags in there no problem. A handy little car for all occasions.

BodyHatch
BadgeNeo
Engine Size1.5
Date PurchasedOct 2014

Review collected in partnership with Mazda