MAZDA 2 RULES!

This Mazda 2 was bought by us from Private Fleet Chatswood in September 2015. It has been a wonderful car and I'm always scooting here and there in it every week!
A lot of people have asked about the colour - 'Smokey Rose Mika' - and they always admire it. It is now my favourite colour - don't ever discontinue it!
I would buy the same colour all over again!

It has been sound and runs well and smoothly. It is nice to have such a reliable car, when it is used so much!
We are very happy with our Mazda 2 and rave about it when anyone asks (and many people have asked).
Rob Norris was instrumental in our buying this car, so we thank him for that and thank Private Fleet for their great service.
We're keeping on keeping on - motoring that is!!!

Purchased .

Great little car!

Buying this car was definitely a great decision. I bought it brand new and have not had a single problem with it for 4 years now.
Great fuel economy. Surprisingly spacious in the back seats. Huge amount of space when you put the back seats down too! I’ve managed to squeeze surfboards, golf clubs and bags in there no problem. A handy little car for all occasions.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

I love my Mazda 2!

I have had my Mazda 2 for 5 years and I love it.
I bought it brand new and have never had any issues with it.
It is the right size and would definitely recommend it to anyone, as it is reliable and has enough space.
I also find that the dealerships around Adelaide are good to deal with.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Attractive little car that does a good job

I have had this car for over a year now. It is a nice little car that is very fuel efficient, attractive sporty design, and I love the Navigation system which is clear, and the speed odometer is on the dash, which helps you to keep your eyes on the road while driving. It did took me a while to get use to not looking down the odometer to check my speed in the beginning. A lot of little details that is very thoughtful. Love the blind spot warning on your side mirror.

The reason why I didn't give a 5 star score, is because I used to have a Honda Jazz which has a very functional seats that you can make it completely flat and lifting up one seat completely to modify the space according to your need, which Mazda 2 does not have. The other thing is the boot space is quite small compare to the other small car I had (Honda Jazz). Otherwise would have been perfect.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Tried to find out which year Mazda 2 started to use soy based coating on wires, as someone has mentioned there might be problem with rats chewing through and causing damage. I was not aware of this, and have contacted the local dealer who sold me the car, he also had no idea. He suggested me to contact Mazda directly and received the below response: As you may appreciate, our vehicles as with all vehicles are made up of many components and Mazda Australia does not have a listing of chemicals and products used in their production. Should you believe there is a manufacturing concern, we encourage you to present your vehicle to a Mazda dealership for inspection.

Great little car

Great little car that I have found to be without fault in the 5 months I’ve had it. It is very economical and has all the power you need for a city car. Very easy car to handle with all the driver assistance. Love the Sat Nav which has saved me on numerous occasions.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Excellent small car

The Mazda 2 Maxx is an excellent small car with a premium feel. With an attractive and sleek design, it’s unique styling sets it apart from other cars in its category.

Pros
- Attractive styling
- Good price
- Stylish and functional interior
- Touch screen Bluetooth and navigation
- iStop feature
- Good bootspace
- Mazda quality and reliability
- Easy to drive, keeps up in city and comfortable on highway

Cons
- Like other small cars, panels feel flimsy
- Paint is soft and tends to chip easily
- Not a lot of power from stop to go. You will find yourself lagging on take offs. This is most notable in comparison to a Ford Fiesta I have driven prior which is markedly ‘zippier’
- Drivers seat is not the most comfortable. Again, the Ford Fiesta trumps
- 3 year warranty only. Servicing is not cheap compared to other makes.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great little car with all the modcons

This is my second Mazda 2 purchase. I recently upgraded from 2009 Mazda 2 Neo to Maxx.

Initially, I was a little concerned with some of the reviews online that Mazda 2 were now made in Thailand instead of Japan with lots of complaints about poor quality / duds.

Overall, I have had the car for 12 months and I’m loving it. Cruise control and MZD connect are my favourite new features. They have improved to the colours too - glad they got rid of the bright green.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Love love love my car

I use my car to commute to work in sydney. Bought the higher model new so the interior is lovely. Very easy to drive and just a wonderful car. Adding front sensors was really handy. Manual model (my preference) very easy to change gears and great for city driving. Overall very happy with Mazda. Odd issue with the NAV that seems to go funny close to service time!

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Perfect zippy little car.

This is my first car (bought second hand) and I absolutely love it. It can store a surprising amount of things, and has a large boot space for a small hatchback. I have never had any issues with this vehicle, it is very reliable and has been on a number of large road trips. It costs about $50 to fill up and goes a long way with it. Despite being two doors, there is still ample leg space for backseat passengers.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Nice little niffy car

Got this as a second car for my wife to learn driving. The drive and handling is pretty good, and the car corners well. Easy to park in city and tight spaces and is pretty niffy car overall. However, petrol consumption is rather high at around 9 - 10L /100km, perhaps due to age coming to 10 years old.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Mazda 2

I just received my Mazda 2 Genki Auto on Friday. I love the dashboard and the safety features. The interior looks and feel posh. It also has the visor. My kids love the gadgets. The safety features are fantastic for the price. The fuel consumption is great and the car drives like a dream. Feels very comfortable and handles well. Great value.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Problematic but still reliable

Cheap to run
Bought brand new from mazda dealer
Was absolutely ripped off in terms of price
Fuel gage constantly taking incorrect readings
Bluetooth system is a piece of rubbish... potential to cause an accident more than using the device itself
Seat belt needed to be replaced as it wouldn’t retract

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Needs constant repairs.

We own a 2013 model in Blue with 83,000km's travelled so far.

The car has needed the following repairs/replacements so far;
- Tail light holders. Tail lights where intermittent.
- Body Control module. This controls the interior accessories such as radio, interior light, accessories socket etc.
- EGR valve & ECM sensor. Caused shuddering at idle. Took the dealer some time to repair as the two items faults combined to make diagnosis difficult.
- Fuel pump. Should produce 65psi pressure, ours was 30psi.
- Right hand engine mount.
- Front disc rotors need replacing after 83,000km's

Another problem with this car is the paint. It's soft, thin, absorbs dirt and chips very easily. I've got a fair amount of experience detailing cars from owning a show car for many years.
This mazda is covered in stone chips, probably 3 times more than my wife's previous car had from the same daily journey over the same time & Km's. When you look at the chips that go thru to metal, there is very little thickness to the paint compared to our other car. I'm constantly using touch up paint to prevent rust spots from the chips.

When the car is fault free, it's a good car given it's price point. It's easy to park, reverse, handles and brakes well. The air conditioner is weak, has a lot of road noise and the head lights could be better.
I Have to agree that it is not economical. It's fuel consumption is almost identical to our other car, a 2010 Corolla sedan which is a larger car with a bigger engine. If anything, the Madza 2 uses more petrol than the corolla.
The interior trim has held up well with nothing falling off or breaking.
We've had three flat tyres with this mazda 2, it's easy to change the tyre on but the full size spare won't fit in the wheel well, it has to go in the cargo space.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

If you are looking for a well built car.. don't buy a Mazda 2

I bought a Mazda 2 Neo early 2015. Ever since the purchase date I have had numerous issues with interior rattles. It is evident that the move to production in Thailand has led to a poorer build quality. The interior is made of all hard plastics. Here are the issues I have had/still have:
- Rattling glove box (fixed by tightening)
- Rattling in the seat belt columns, particularly when the car has been left outside (never been fixed despite 7 visits to mazda)
- Rattling dashboard due to the gap between the dash and glass (improved by an unattractive piece of foam Mazda placed in between the two - however still rattles sometimes)
- Squeaky seat runner (fixed by being replaced, however the new ones still squeak sometimes)
- Creaking in the back when turning corners
- A drivers seat that squeaks in numerous places in the foam. (Foam was replaced. The squeaks returned. Mazda refused to replace the foam again)

There is also exterior noises when turning the steering wheel. I have never heard this before in other cars. The technicians at Mazda tried to make it sound like its a 'normal' thing for non-luxury car brands.

The customer service I have received from Mazda regarding these issues has been extremely poor. They continue to say that they cannot recreate the issues, even when I have shown them videos of the noises my car makes. Mazda Australia has also been unhelpful. This is an extreme shame as I purchased a Mazda after numerous family members and family friends raved about their Mazdas. I will NEVER buy Mazda again, nor recommend it to family or friends.

If you don't care about built quality and rattles this is a fuel efficient and attractive little car to drive, BUT I can't wait to get rid of my Mazda 2.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Great car

Very happy with this car, got a sedan maxx and for that price it has a lot of amazing features making Sydney driving a lot easier. It handles really well and is strong to accelerate. The only issue I have is my brakes have worn really fast and squeak. Even though I drive a lot I don't find it acceptable.

BodySedan
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great car

Great car , so easy to park and doesnt feel cheap to drive in.
Very spacious inside , i was about to move alot of items while moving houses by putting the back sit down.
Around $50 for a fuel tank
Not a fan of the gps due to the images of the map.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

First car, never had an issue! Dont want to upgrade.

I purchased this car when i just got my licence and 7 year later I still dont want to upgrade. I regularly service it and never have issues with it. Fuel economy is great. Only issue im having recently is the clear coat is coming off my paintwork but i guess that is a sign of age for a 14 year old car.

Date PurchasedApr 2011

zippy and fun to drive

great little car
I have the manual version and this car is zippy. reliable and fun to drive
economical with petrol.
love the cruise control feature.
was worried about spare tyre being 'short term use only', fortunately have not had tyre trouble so this has not been a problem.
would recommend and buy again!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

love this car

This is a great little car. It drives really well. It is a manual and the gear change is great and smooth. The small issue is only from 1st to 2nd gear where it is a bit tougher. It is small so it is easy to park. The fuel consumption is good as we can fill a tank on $40.00 (dependant on fuel price on the day) I would recommend this car. It is the second mazda we have bought. (Bought a mazda 3 also). It is safe and reliable.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

The perfect first car or city living car!

This was my first ever car and it was honestly a dream - its so easy to drive and I always feel safe and secure. It’s smooth and incredibly cheap on fuel which is wonderful for a uni student! The interior is beautiful and super easy to keep tidy! I would definitely recommend.

BadgeNeo Sport