The ideal car for me. Never had a moments problems

I use my car at least every second day, either to do Local shopping, Visiting friends,Travelling to holiday destinations, and for Transport to the local railway station if I want to go into the city. My car is serviced by Mazda Pakenham and they call me when the service is due. First day I got it, it was "keyed" at the shops and on day three it was "keyed" at Caribbean Gardens market. Tends to be a target for rogue shopping trolleys .... but I can't blame the car for that.

Purchased for $21,000.00.

Acceleration / Power
Handling
Braking
Suspension
Gear Shifting
Comfort
didn't get the offer because I had no proof of purchase for the 4 reviews I did to qualify. Did not mention that the proof of purchase was required ,,,, the review forms themselve ssaid 'optional'until I had posted the reviews. Really peeved

Great car with good fuel economy.

Zippy little car that is affordable and good on fuel. Good amount of technology and features make driving these new Mazdas more pleasurable. the front roof supports are a little large and the bonnet slants down making it difficult to see easily.

Purchased .

Mazda 3 SP25 GT Has not Disappointed

I use my Mazda 3 to drive to work. I use my car to drive to work 5 days a week. I drive around greater western Sydney. I drive my car every day. I get this car serviced for the regular 15,000 kms mark. Cost is acceptable. No issues with this car at all. It has lots of smarts to keep me safe on the road.
In regards to ZOOM ZOOM. Put it in sports mode and nothing catches it. Best car I have ever had. I've had Subaru, Holden, Volvo, Toyota, Ford. and my pocket rocket GT is the most reliable. HIGHLY RECOMMEND my Mazda 3 SP25 GT.

Purchased for $31,000.00.

Noise Level
Acceleration / Power
Handling
Braking
Suspension
Gear Shifting
Comfort

Best small car on the market

I have owned my Mazda 3 for 3 years and it is the most reliable car I have owned! It has a stylish interior, amazing tech features and is great on fuel consumption.

Purchased .

Noise Level
Comfort

I get to go zoom zoom in my niece's new Mazda

My niece passed her driving test on her first try (at 31YO) after the last lot of driving lessons from me,so now I get to drive her nice new car. The 2018 Mazda 3 does really go zoom zoom - quiet,powerful (even with the 2000cc motor) and modern in feel and design. The 6-speed auto box is magic. I get to drive it short and long distance- it never misses a beat - almost tends to drive itself. Love it!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Mostly lives up to the hype

Bought a used 2013 hatch in late 2017 from a private seller and have generally enjoyed the car. Most aspects of the car are great, the styling has held up well against more modern cars, the whole car still feels tight (I.e no rattles etc) and steering, brakes and handling ability has constantly impressed me against even newer cars that I have driven. Beyond this, the car hasn’t given a hint of trouble with the engine and gearbox still feeling butter smooth.

The 2 litre engine while sometimes feeling a little lacking in low rpm torque feels better than you might expect and the automatic transmission has fine intuition, always in the right gear so you rarely feel lacking in go. Combined with the aforementioned ride/handling characteristics makes this little car a joy to drive.

However, these cars have two downfalls I have found in my onwership. The road noise and the fuel consumption. Now, the road noise on smooth roads is fine, but once the road starts getting even somewhat coarse, then the roar, particularly from the rear is very noticeable, but I will say it’s not as bad as some may make it out to be, but compared to a lot of other small cars you will notice. The other is fuel consumption combined with its fuel tank size. My driving style is about average and with an average speed of 40km/h the car averages around 10l/100km which I feel is on the high side for a car of its size. Combined with the tank only taking 45l from empty fueling up becomes a common exercise with this car. Not bad, just expected better from a 2013 vehicle.

Over all though, this is a great little car that is mostly a pleasure to own and drive and seems like it will do the distance.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great car - value for money!

Mazda 3 is a fuel efficient, value for money car!! Quality build with excellent finish and very stylish interior. My first Mazda 3 was written off in an accident and I bought another one to replace it because I just love it. Service is also very affordable, only require service once a year! It's a great first / second car.

BadgeTouring
Date PurchasedSep 2015

When is a warning not a warning?

March 2018 Model SP25 Astina randomly displays warnings lights for 1 - 30 minutes while driving. 3 visits for repairs and they couldn't locate any fault (and had never heard of the issue) the first two times. Luckily I have taken pictures each time. Third time they found the problem and replaced the camera. Two days after the 'fix' the same issue happens. They still do not know what is wrong. Now that I am trying to enforced my rights under consumer protection I have been hand balled to Mazda Australia.

BadgeSP25 Astina
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Lovely car for couples/ small families

I use my car nearly daily for commuting but also did a long trip from Queensland to Victoria recently. This car is reliable, no dramas and reminds you when there's anything moving behind the car. Following the car tyre pressure guide given, it carried 150kg personal belongings and 2 adults for a four day driving without any issues. The reliability and capacity of the car are quiet exceptional.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Excellent vehicle only replaced it with a new mazdza CX3 due to total loss accident

Build quality was excellent, finish and ride were also very good, very stylish and nice interior- lovely car with many great features and great fuel economy: the car never missed a beat and I was very impressed with the handling and reliability. Definitely a leader in its class and would get this car again had I not seen the even better MAZDA CX3 suv

BadgeMaxx Sport
Date PurchasedJan 2016

Love driving this car!

Bought this Mazda Touring brand new! Great to drive and exceptional fuel economy. We are both retired so only around the area driving so far and so far so good. Love the gadgets inside and the rear reversing camera took a while to get use to but now it's all second nature. Not so sure about easily fitting 5 people, only if they are small or very thin. 4 nice and comfy. Great Boot size. The one problem that I have found from going down from an Xtrail to a small sedan is that I can't see the front and adjusting to turn and to stop. I have scratched to right and left bottom guard a few times.

BadgeTouring
Date PurchasedJul 2018

Warranty customer process lacking

Car drives well, have had a Mazda 3 previously and hence purchased again. Would reconsider now, however, given their after sales support.

Whilst cleaning the inside of the car, I placed a knee on the seat of the car and it tore (only circa 3cm x 3cm). I showed this to a dealer, however, they ruled it was not covered under warranty.

I escalated this to customer support, however, was served by a single individual who was unhelpful with the matter. Even after escalation to the ACCC and Fair Trading, Mazda refused and it was this same customer support officer who handled the case throughout. Requests for a more impartial and experienced staff member for these matters were refused. An ongoing matter that has been continuing for over 12 months and is still unresolved. Beware of after sales service for your vehicle.

BadgeSP25 GT
Date PurchasedJun 2015

Great first car

Always feel safe and is a sturdy car. Easy to drive and was the best car to learn in. Has so many great safety aspects and has a lot of room to easily fit 5 people. Lots of room in the boot and is a great size for a first car.

Engine Size2.3
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Love my car!

This is the second Mazda3 I have bought, and I will buy another one! They look great and with the sky active technology, the fuel economy is great. The car for its class is quite roomy and has a decent boot. Mostly I am the only one it, but it is also suitable to bundle others in and go away on holiday. I take my mum and daughter places, and manage to fit in suitcases, walker, and folding wheelchair. I have had no issues with this car and get it serviced as recommended.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

A perfect small car

We bought of Mazda 3 as a replacement for our Diesel Mazda CX7. We were more than happy with the CX7 so what ever was going to replace it was facing a difficult task. The Mazda 3 completed this task with ease. Fuel economy was outstanding, price sharp and comfort excellent. I now know why we buy Mazda’s. Technology was excellent and the heads up display is not a gimmick as some would imagine but a good accessory. Ride is good.

BadgeSP25 GT
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Thanks Mazda again

Took our 2012 CX5 in for 110,000 service and was informed that there was a warranty item to be attended to. Apparently some vehicles have had the struts on the tailgate weaken, so all cars with the same batch were having the struts replaced at no cost to the customer. Many thanks Mazda once again.

BodySUV
BadgeMaxx Sport
Engine Size2.2
Date PurchasedOct 2012

Perfect car

Since I have it from 2014, just take it to the regular service and there is no issue at all. It is a reliable and very strong car, efficient and fuel economy car with I stop technology you can save 1000$ on fuel cost.
it is safe car with city smart break and 10 airbags, reverse camera, satnav, Bluetooth and smart cruse control is other good functionality which you can have on MAXX and upper model.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Reliable

I use this on the highway quite abit
This is my everyday car I take to work
I service every 50,000 kilometers
I have never had an issue with this car it runs amazing
Out of a full tank I get about 550 - 700 kilometers
Definitely one of the best gear boxes I have driven especially out of a car that's over 10 years old.
Till this day it does not miss a beat.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great drivers cars, Nice and room for a "small car"

I upgraded from a v6 380 (discontinued) to the SP25 Mazda 3. I'm really happy.
Driving feel is excellent, Hold the corners ad the 2.5l engine had a lot of kick. Mod cons are great with auto everything. Flappy paddle gear box is fun for some manual shifting on the windy roads or a for gearing down.

Economy is pretty good, 8L/100km for my normal driving, 10l/100k if I am pushing it or turning on sports mode. Much better than the 15l/100km in my 380.

Only 2 complains:
1. The wife wishes there was a permanent on off switch for the stop/start system, not on that resets when the car is turned off.
2 It is missing Android auto.

BadgeSP25
Date PurchasedDec 2017

Nice mid size car

Sedan mainly used for short commutes and occasional holiday weekends. only serviced twice 1000 and 1000.
The motor is extremely responsive and economical to run, comfortable and driver friendly. Navigation second to none. My car was a sports model that is mid-range priced exceptionally well. Would recommend for a couple seniors or singles, a little small for a growing family.

Badge31,000