BM, BL, BK, etc...
See the Best Cars in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Mazda? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

snoopy777
snoopy777Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I wish I bought one a lot sooner

Bought mine at 201000 recently using an insurance pay out and it's a daily driver only problems to date is drivers side electric window and a window seal the latter has been fixed by a proven mazda wrecker as I could not get dealer parts this week.It gets it's minor mechanical inspection next week and it's service is in September.I came from a 2017 Holden Spark(Bought used in 2018)that was written off by a truck recently.practically a daily driver except on days I opt to use the bus for work.

Purchased in June 2021 for $7,245.00.

Doreenrunner
DoreenrunnerMelbourne

Nice car comfortable to drive

Purchased in June 2021.

peter
peter

Top little car

I brought my 2007 Mazda 3 maxx sport
In 2018. The car hasn’t let me down drove it to Coffs Harbour. It didn’t miss a beat
I’ve only had a few little issues replaced spark plugs thermostat. And Exhaust due to Engine warning light it starts every day without a problem top little car. Can’t fault it

Purchased in September 2018 for $8,000.00.

Noise Level

Michael H.
Michael H.Hobart, TAS

High quality vehicle

High quality interior that is beautifully laid out, good noise insulation, and packed with safety features. Handles very well and enjoyable to drive. The boot space is not huge but enough for my needs.

Purchased at City Mazda for $29,400.00.

JPA

Beautiful. Until you own it.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Bergs
BergsMid North Coast, NSW

Excellent and reliable transportation, with lots of fruit for base model

Purchased in December 2020 for $8,300.00.

fuel pump

been using this car from last 3 years it's 2014 and got fuel pump problem. costing $3000 to fix it. i mean like in just 7 years? how can a car get this much big problem in this less time.

Purchased in June 2017 for $18,000.00.

amorris2
amorris2Murray Region, NSW

Not that good

Bought new in 2018. Found it too low and bad visibility. Failed to start twice for no apparent reason. Fit and finish low grade. Traded it in as the wife couldn’t stand it any longer. No real positives.

Purchased in July 2018 for $21,490.00.

Grace D
Grace DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

After sales pretty ordinary

Transporting my mother to and from doctors appointments and also shopping, very well looked after and low km for 42 month old car. Rubber on drivers side has began to split, was told because I constantly open and close the door, my sister also has the same model car was brought just before I brought my car and no problems. Mazda refuses to believe that it was faulty in the first place. Not even offered to charge me cost price. I will never have it serviced for the place where I brought it from nor will my sister. I will never buy a Mazda.

Purchased in January 2018.

Airbag Malfunction

Bought my brand new car had it 2 weeks came up with airbag Malfunction return to dealer they have had my car for 2 months & still not fixed not happy

Purchased in September 2020.

TransmissionManual
solo
soloSydney Surrounds, NSW

Mazda 3 car computer

We bought a new Mazda 3 car and after 100000 kilometres the computer of the car need replacement.
I think some items of the car like the computer must last twice that. Paid about 40000 for the car I don't think is a good buy.

David P.
David P.Perth, WA

Good car... can be great with a few upgrades.

I use the car for commuting. It is a fantastic highway cruiser. With the 18 inch wheels with dunlop tyres it is very loud on coarse chipped road (unbearable).. I stuck dynamat in the doors and boot and upgraded the speakers. This has made a big difference.

Purchased in June 2018 at Mazda Dealers.

Cheyne H.
Cheyne H.South East Queensland, QLD

Gorgeous car

Purchased in September 2020 at Oldmac for $32,200.00.

Cameron
CameronMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

U2 Said it best ... Lemon

Purchased in January 2017.

Peta
PetaFar North Queensland, QLD

A car that does so well

I have taken a lot of car for my car and only twice has it stopped and required a new battery . Very minimal issues with the car.
1st the aircon vents I have had one come apart
2nd the cd player is having issues but only at 12 years of age
3rd the clip that hold the rear headrest in place has come away
4th the clear coat seal is coming away from around the rear panel windows and along the door strips . That is the only major issue and will cost me the value of the car to replace , but for a 12 year old car that has only just done 100,000km it is very good and I have no other issues

Purchased in July 2012 for $15,000.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Owjan
Owjanasked
3 BL (2009-2013)

Does Mazda 3 2013 model have AUX input?

Paul D
Paul Dasked
3 BK (2004-2008)

I have a 2004 Mazda 3 Bk. Just got the car and on day 2 the power steering locked up and went hard to turn. After 10 minutes with the car turned off, the power steering worked normally again. The battery was thought to be the issue due to powering the power steering pump. However it has now happened again. Any thoughts?

Hi Paul

It could be the pump on its way out. If it works for a while but then cuts out as you drive, the pump could be failing as it heats up. It is unlikely to be the battery as the pump will run off the charge from the alternator when the engine is running. The alternator is also potentially at fault if it is getting weak but a voltage test should determine this. With the engine running, the voltage across the terminals should be somewhere between 13-14V and with the engine off, 11.5-12V. If the power delivery from the alternator is ok, the next thing to check would be the pump motor itself.

Gillasked

I have a new 2020 hatch Mazda 3 my problem is an indicator comes on centre of speedometer saying battery low start engine . Dealer put new battery in but still does it .any ideas what problem is .

JPA

Hi Gill, sorry, I haven't seen this problem for myself but it sounds like the issue is that the battery is getting low and it wants you to start the engine to charge it back up again. According to some others I have seen on forums and the like discussing this, it can happen if you sit in the car with the engine off and have some electrics running, like the radio or things as this will drain the battery. It is still your dealers responsibility to find and fix the issue if this is not what is causing this. Sorry I can't be more help.

Gill

They put a new battery in still same don’t have radio going ever going for service next week as I’m in my 70 s worry it will let me down only done 400 kilometres

Compare all 43 Mazda 3
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L
Max Power114kW @ 6000rpm114kW @ 6000rpm114kW @ 6000rpm114kW @ 6000rpm
Max Torque200Nm @ 4000rpm200Nm @ 4000rpm200Nm @ 4000rpm200Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateJan 2019Jan 2019Jan 2019Jan 2019