Had my 2014 SP25 about 7 months, 17k km, has been flawless. Coming from Fords, and Holdens, I'll never go back. Previous car was an XR6T, so was expecting it to be a slug, but for a little 2.5 litre, it's pretty quick. Travel 500+ km a week, and spend 40-50 on fuel compared to 90+ when I drove the Falcon.

The 6 speed manual box is great, the MZD voice commands for GPS is a godsend, and bluetooth calls is just awesome. Will definately buy another when it's time to upgrade.

Purchased in September 2018 for $16,800.00.

Comfort

It's okay, little bit sporty

It's actually very confusing car, I hated every second when I owned this car. It's 2006 year model Mazda 3 Neo
It didn't have cruise control and stereo controls
Suspension is veeery stiff, too much noise
Steering is way too heavy, i understand sporty handling should be heavy like bmws but engine is too slow to call this little car sporty

Purchased in September 2017 for $4,500.00.

Comfort

Steering wheel wear is terrible on this model

2014 sp25 astina,Done low kms but leather is wearing . Most other used astinas were the same. The piano black trim is a bad choose also as it scratches too easily. Apart from that it’s been great .

Purchased in July 2018.

Okiesh

Bought this car in March 2016. I Didn't feel like worth for the money I spent on this($30 K).

From past 6- 7 Months lot if issue coming up in the car.

1. Shocker issues- Which I raised in last service and the service department said they have order new part to replace it. straight after 5-6 months same issue coming up.
2. False Alarm for seat belt
3. Poor quality of paint work specially when you have the paint protection(after marketing sold)
4. Noisy

Hope that help.

Purchased in March 2016 at Mazda Dealers for $30,000.00.

Comfort

Excellent and reliable car!

This is a really reliable car! I've had it for almost 5 years. The mazda 3 has a great aesthetic, is an easy and smoothe drive, has a great turning circle and is very fuel efficient. The hatchback is surprisingly spacious. You can also drop the boot down to fit a lot. I get the car serviced once per year and I've had no issues with it.

Purchased in December 2014 at Artarmon Mazda.

Comfort

The ideal car for me. Never had a moments problems

I use my car at least every second day, either to do Local shopping, Visiting friends,Travelling to holiday destinations, and for Transport to the local railway station if I want to go into the city. My car is serviced by Mazda Pakenham and they call me when the service is due. First day I got it, it was "keyed" at the shops and on day three it was "keyed" at Caribbean Gardens market. Tends to be a target for rogue shopping trolleys .... but I can't blame the car for that.

Purchased in January 2013 for $21,000.00.

Comfort
didn't get the offer because I had no proof of purchase for the 4 reviews I did to qualify. Did not mention that the proof of purchase was required ,,,, the review forms themselve ssaid 'optional'until I had posted the reviews. Really peeved

Great car with good fuel economy.

Zippy little car that is affordable and good on fuel. Good amount of technology and features make driving these new Mazdas more pleasurable. the front roof supports are a little large and the bonnet slants down making it difficult to see easily.

Purchased in July 2017.

Mazda 3 SP25 GT Has not Disappointed

I use my Mazda 3 to drive to work. I use my car to drive to work 5 days a week. I drive around greater western Sydney. I drive my car every day. I get this car serviced for the regular 15,000 kms mark. Cost is acceptable. No issues with this car at all. It has lots of smarts to keep me safe on the road.
In regards to ZOOM ZOOM. Put it in sports mode and nothing catches it. Best car I have ever had. I've had Subaru, Holden, Volvo, Toyota, Ford. and my pocket rocket GT is the most reliable. HIGHLY RECOMMEND my Mazda 3 SP25 GT.

Purchased in December 2016 for $31,000.00.

Comfort

Best small car on the market

I have owned my Mazda 3 for 3 years and it is the most reliable car I have owned! It has a stylish interior, amazing tech features and is great on fuel consumption.

Purchased in November 2015.

Comfort

I get to go zoom zoom in my niece's new Mazda

My niece passed her driving test on her first try (at 31YO) after the last lot of driving lessons from me,so now I get to drive her nice new car. The 2018 Mazda 3 does really go zoom zoom - quiet,powerful (even with the 2000cc motor) and modern in feel and design. The 6-speed auto box is magic. I get to drive it short and long distance- it never misses a beat - almost tends to drive itself. Love it!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Mostly lives up to the hype

Bought a used 2013 hatch in late 2017 from a private seller and have generally enjoyed the car. Most aspects of the car are great, the styling has held up well against more modern cars, the whole car still feels tight (I.e no rattles etc) and steering, brakes and handling ability has constantly impressed me against even newer cars that I have driven. Beyond this, the car hasn’t given a hint of trouble with the engine and gearbox still feeling butter smooth.

The 2 litre engine while sometimes feeling a little lacking in low rpm torque feels better than you might expect and the automatic transmission has fine intuition, always in the right gear so you rarely feel lacking in go. Combined with the aforementioned ride/handling characteristics makes this little car a joy to drive.

However, these cars have two downfalls I have found in my onwership. The road noise and the fuel consumption. Now, the road noise on smooth roads is fine, but once the road starts getting even somewhat coarse, then the roar, particularly from the rear is very noticeable, but I will say it’s not as bad as some may make it out to be, but compared to a lot of other small cars you will notice. The other is fuel consumption combined with its fuel tank size. My driving style is about average and with an average speed of 40km/h the car averages around 10l/100km which I feel is on the high side for a car of its size. Combined with the tank only taking 45l from empty fueling up becomes a common exercise with this car. Not bad, just expected better from a 2013 vehicle.

Over all though, this is a great little car that is mostly a pleasure to own and drive and seems like it will do the distance.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great car - value for money!

Mazda 3 is a fuel efficient, value for money car!! Quality build with excellent finish and very stylish interior. My first Mazda 3 was written off in an accident and I bought another one to replace it because I just love it. Service is also very affordable, only require service once a year! It's a great first / second car.

BadgeTouring
Date PurchasedSep 2015

When is a warning not a warning?

March 2018 Model SP25 Astina randomly displays warnings lights for 1 - 30 minutes while driving. 3 visits for repairs and they couldn't locate any fault (and had never heard of the issue) the first two times. Luckily I have taken pictures each time. Third time they found the problem and replaced the camera. Two days after the 'fix' the same issue happens. They still do not know what is wrong. Now that I am trying to enforced my rights under consumer protection I have been hand balled to Mazda Australia.

BadgeSP25 Astina
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Lovely car for couples/ small families

I use my car nearly daily for commuting but also did a long trip from Queensland to Victoria recently. This car is reliable, no dramas and reminds you when there's anything moving behind the car. Following the car tyre pressure guide given, it carried 150kg personal belongings and 2 adults for a four day driving without any issues. The reliability and capacity of the car are quiet exceptional.

BadgeMaxx
Date PurchasedJul 2018

Excellent vehicle only replaced it with a new mazdza CX3 due to total loss accident

Build quality was excellent, finish and ride were also very good, very stylish and nice interior- lovely car with many great features and great fuel economy: the car never missed a beat and I was very impressed with the handling and reliability. Definitely a leader in its class and would get this car again had I not seen the even better MAZDA CX3 suv

BadgeMaxx Sport
Date PurchasedJan 2016

Love driving this car!

Bought this Mazda Touring brand new! Great to drive and exceptional fuel economy. We are both retired so only around the area driving so far and so far so good. Love the gadgets inside and the rear reversing camera took a while to get use to but now it's all second nature. Not so sure about easily fitting 5 people, only if they are small or very thin. 4 nice and comfy. Great Boot size. The one problem that I have found from going down from an Xtrail to a small sedan is that I can't see the front and adjusting to turn and to stop. I have scratched to right and left bottom guard a few times.

BadgeTouring
Date PurchasedJul 2018

Warranty customer process lacking

Car drives well, have had a Mazda 3 previously and hence purchased again. Would reconsider now, however, given their after sales support.

Whilst cleaning the inside of the car, I placed a knee on the seat of the car and it tore (only circa 3cm x 3cm). I showed this to a dealer, however, they ruled it was not covered under warranty.

I escalated this to customer support, however, was served by a single individual who was unhelpful with the matter. Even after escalation to the ACCC and Fair Trading, Mazda refused and it was this same customer support officer who handled the case throughout. Requests for a more impartial and experienced staff member for these matters were refused. An ongoing matter that has been continuing for over 12 months and is still unresolved. Beware of after sales service for your vehicle.

BadgeSP25 GT
Date PurchasedJun 2015

Great first car

Always feel safe and is a sturdy car. Easy to drive and was the best car to learn in. Has so many great safety aspects and has a lot of room to easily fit 5 people. Lots of room in the boot and is a great size for a first car.

BadgeMaxx
Engine Size2.3
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Love my car!

This is the second Mazda3 I have bought, and I will buy another one! They look great and with the sky active technology, the fuel economy is great. The car for its class is quite roomy and has a decent boot. Mostly I am the only one it, but it is also suitable to bundle others in and go away on holiday. I take my mum and daughter places, and manage to fit in suitcases, walker, and folding wheelchair. I have had no issues with this car and get it serviced as recommended.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

A perfect small car

We bought of Mazda 3 as a replacement for our Diesel Mazda CX7. We were more than happy with the CX7 so what ever was going to replace it was facing a difficult task. The Mazda 3 completed this task with ease. Fuel economy was outstanding, price sharp and comfort excellent. I now know why we buy Mazda’s. Technology was excellent and the heads up display is not a gimmick as some would imagine but a good accessory. Ride is good.

BadgeSP25 GT