7Mazda 626

Mazda 626

7Mazda 626
4.3

88%13%0%
Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.

BUSHY56South East Queensland, QLD13 posts
Ts
TsBairnsdale39 posts
  GE

Great car but expensive to keep on road

I had a 626 97 for about a year and a half that I had purchased second hand at high miles over 200,000km nearly up to the 300,000km mark and after its last service it unfortunately failed on me with 5 major parts one by on very quickly went and was a $3000 fix more then the car was worth so it went to another that had the $ and passion to fix it.

The car was great to drive very low to the ground very gutsy and powerful a but not so great and fule, it is also a beauty to park and turns well. If you are looking at getting a 97 be willing to invest $ in it as it maybe cheap to bye but not in the long run.

Show details

Sam01MELBOURNE37 posts

Zippy fun car

I have a 1996 Mazda626 Deluxe (Manual). I bought it second hand in 2010 with 176000 kms on odo. Now odo is 212000 Kms. I did not face any problems with the car except for once I had to get the fuel pump changed. I service it every six months (Oil, Filter). I am very happy with the performance and the dynamics of this car. This car does not have ABS or traction but if you are a good driver you would know the limits of your car. This car communicates with the driver in a good way and is a perfect balance of dynamics and comfort. Very Happy with it...:-)
Driving Dynamics, Hydraulic Steering, Fuel Efficient, Very Light, Spacious boot and interior, Simple to work on
Nothing Show details ·  1
jsambellVictoria, 367275 posts
Boyzrenuf
BoyzrenufSydney, NSW2 posts
  GF/GW

Good

Just love this little car!!! For a second hand car it offers all the mod cons of central locking, air cond and other comforts that I didnt have in my much older car. A terrific reliable little vehicle.
Fuel economy, light power steering, get up and go!!!
Its a bit of a plain jane and the centre console is in a really silly place right above the hand brake....? A bit smaller than I expected once you put 2 baby seats in. Show details
qh2763
qh2763AU16 posts
  GF/GW

Great car. I have done 230k's and still going strong with regular maintainance. Should be good for atleast 300K's
Love the smooth pickup and acceleration
nothing really Show details

Mal
Mal · 626 GF/GW (1997-2002)

Hi My mazda 626 was going great, after stopping for 5 minutes it would not start, not even a click, all windows went up & down , battery tested ok , racq checked it said looks like immobiliser quit. What could have caused this?

Sorry...can’t help.

Sam01

Hi Mal, I'm no expert but if yours is a manual then you can try push start. If it starts then it could be the starter motor. Sounds like a starter motor has worn out. But as I said I'm no expert.. Good luck

Sam01

I'm pretty sure that the guy would have checked all the fuses as well. Bcos some times blown fuse could be the culprit

eugene
eugene · 626

Hey guys, I need some advice,my mazda has developed a problem of not being able to accelerate, its like it doesnt have enough power or its loosing power. The sparks plugs are okay, fuel pump is okay so am stuck... any advice will be highly appreciated, thanx

erickruz4u
erickruz4u
waltergolly
waltergolly · 626

hi i want to buy a full workshop manual for a 1998 Mazda station Wagon this Mazda is the new shaped series,are you able to help me

brian

You could try Mazda shop spare parts

Compare all Mazda 626 listings
CategoryCars, Hatchbacks and SedansCars, Hatchbacks and SedansCars and Sedans
Release date
Discontinuation date

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Mazda? Claim your listing.