ME Bank Online Savings

ME Bank works for us!

hardinlaw

hardinlawSouth East Queensland, QLD

Be Wary

I was told the ATO had been advised of the interest earned. Not so. Had great trouble with Tax Office as a result. Incomplete or misleading information is the ME trade mark. We have rescued our money but cannot get ME to respond to any contacts.

Stassi L

Stassi LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Misleading - Online Savings Bonus

Like many reviewers here I have not received the bonus interest payment for the last three months.

I was sent an email in February that stated we did not need to tap and go to receive the bonus interest, so I did not bother using the card. However, apparently there are terms and conditions attached to that, which aren't available... anywhere... the bank seems to have taken down any mention of these changes as of today. if I wasn't sent that misleading email I would have tapped, and would have been paid several hundred dollars in interest. For anyone still banking with ME Online Saver - apparently you WILL need to do the tap this month to get the interest (and I'm sure the bank will forget to tell you!).

Gri

Gri

Absolutely scamming and misleading customers

I opened online saving account in March 2020, later they sent me an email that all people who opened saving account in March can automatic receiving 1.8% interest rate for 3 months in term of COVID-19 Crisis, there are same information on their website that stated very clear that l meet all the conditions and l should received 1.8% interest rate, but l only received 0.1% interest rate in 1/05/2020, it's totally unacceptable, keep away from them.

Osko Unavailable

ME Bank would be improved if it introduced Osko facility to account holders. Appreciate the easing of requirement to use credit card to qualify for interest bonus during present self isolation.

Veronica

VeronicaQld, 4285

Easy banking

I always like using the on-line banking system for ME. The savings accounts tabs are easy to use and are easy to understand. The phone APP is easy to navigate and I am happy to recommend using this.

Horrible.

Always unable to login. Transfers take longer than any other bank. Its never a constant and reliable service. Such a shame, I had high hopes. Unfortunately I cant rely on them.

Woody

WoodyHunter Region, NSW

Not to be trusted

On the 11/11 I my term deposit matured and I had instructed them to deposit the total back into my account. Even though I had provided my TFN they still deducted tax. I have sent five emails asking them when the money will be in my account and I ave had five replies say how sorry there are and the funds will be in my account with-in 5 days. Each email is the same script but different CS name. Shameful service. Never again

service poor and misinformation

Made mant calls to this bank when they failed to return calls they said they would. It also seems that alot depends on the customer service person on the phone - some have experience while others seemed not to - with one part of the bank placing responsiblities on another part of the bank and vica versa.

Rocket88

Rocket88South East Queensland, QLD

Good experiences with ME Bank

Chelsea K.

Chelsea K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Transfer times belong in the 90s

Honestly. Money transfers times are beyond a joke. My weekly pay is always deposited at least 24hours after everyone elses clears and usually doesnt appear till Friday afternoon. Transferring to another bank, while the same account every week takes yet another 2-3 days. Its 2019. What other reason do they have for holding onto my money for so long other than the extra interest they can get due to old technology loopholes.

4 weeks for a $5000 personal loan

I thought ME bank would be a breath of fresh air, instead, I am disgusted at leaving RACQ bank for this immature bank. They need to learn so much more.

TPTMELBOURNE

It's a good thing I see little value in stealing.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The worst bank

I wouldn't recommend opening any accounts with them because they obviously couldn't careless about their customers and they obviously don't want your business so I definitely would recommend going to ANZ or Westpac where you are felt welcome and treated with respect.

Bonus Interest rate decreased with no notification

I complete agree with review from Jack from Sydney. These bank all the way to fool people around. How difficulty it is to notify existing customer that Bonus interest will decrease and now customers will only get 2.85% and not 2.95% before. I recently moved my money into ME Bank account but I guess I will take somewhere else now.
Cheat banks don't deserve my business.

Jack

JackSydney

Bonus interest rate variable without notice

happycamper700

happycamper700

Bonus Interest Trap

I had an Online Savings Account, which accrues bonus interest if you use TapNGo on their Mastercard "weekly". The interest is credited at the end of the month. The use of the word "weekly" is misleading and ambiguous, as you MUST use the card EVERY seven days to get the bonus. If you just average out four transactions per month, you'll miss out. The bank says it's a "loyalty" measure, but it really is a scam to avoid paying the interest - surely a loyalty measure wouldn't differentiate the definition of weekly in this narrow way? Stay away.

This bank is appalling in every possible way

I had my money with these incompetents for 6 months and that was enough. Every month there was a problem with the bonus interest. They kept changing the rules and finding excuses not to pay it. They are liars. They took weeks to reply to messages online. I kept asking for a statement and they kept using excuses re technical problems that never seem to end. Avoid them at all costs.

Truereviewer

TruereviewerVictoria, Australia

Online Savings Account - Dreadful and Incapable Bank

I've opened an online savings account that consists of two components : base interest of 1.3% and bonus interest of 1.75% . The so-called " online " bank credits only the base rate and no bonus rate at the end of the month . First month it took me 3 phone calls and 2 emails to resolve the issue . Second month and the same issue occurs all over again . I've decided to vote with my feet and to close the account . Very unprofessional financial institution with inefficient online systems in place . I'd suggest to stay away and to consider other banks .

Notappyjan

NotappyjanSydney, NSW

Long term customer - moving on

I was annoyed and disgusted after many years of banking with ME to find that they would not continue their online savings interest rate for us on our three figure savings. Said it was only for new customers. They have not even replied to my email four days ago now. Pathetic service. We are going back to St George.
Good interest rate