ME Bank Online Savings

ME Bank Online Savings

4 weeks for a $5000 personal loan

I thought ME bank would be a breath of fresh air, instead, I am disgusted at leaving RACQ bank for this immature bank. They need to learn so much more.

TPTMELBOURNE

It's a good thing I see little value in stealing.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The worst bank

I wouldn't recommend opening any accounts with them because they obviously couldn't careless about their customers and they obviously don't want your business so I definitely would recommend going to ANZ or Westpac where you are felt welcome and treated with respect.

Bonus Interest rate decreased with no notification

I complete agree with review from Jack from Sydney. These bank all the way to fool people around. How difficulty it is to notify existing customer that Bonus interest will decrease and now customers will only get 2.85% and not 2.95% before. I recently moved my money into ME Bank account but I guess I will take somewhere else now.
Cheat banks don't deserve my business.

Jack

JackSydney

Bonus interest rate variable without notice

happycamper700

happycamper700

Bonus Interest Trap

I had an Online Savings Account, which accrues bonus interest if you use TapNGo on their Mastercard "weekly". The interest is credited at the end of the month. The use of the word "weekly" is misleading and ambiguous, as you MUST use the card EVERY seven days to get the bonus. If you just average out four transactions per month, you'll miss out. The bank says it's a "loyalty" measure, but it really is a scam to avoid paying the interest - surely a loyalty measure wouldn't differentiate the definition of weekly in this narrow way? Stay away.

This bank is appalling in every possible way

I had my money with these incompetents for 6 months and that was enough. Every month there was a problem with the bonus interest. They kept changing the rules and finding excuses not to pay it. They are liars. They took weeks to reply to messages online. I kept asking for a statement and they kept using excuses re technical problems that never seem to end. Avoid them at all costs.

Truereviewer

TruereviewerVictoria, Australia

Online Savings Account - Dreadful and Incapable Bank

I've opened an online savings account that consists of two components : base interest of 1.3% and bonus interest of 1.75% . The so-called " online " bank credits only the base rate and no bonus rate at the end of the month . First month it took me 3 phone calls and 2 emails to resolve the issue . Second month and the same issue occurs all over again . I've decided to vote with my feet and to close the account . Very unprofessional financial institution with inefficient online systems in place . I'd suggest to stay away and to consider other banks .

Notappyjan

NotappyjanSydney, NSW

Long term customer - moving on

I was annoyed and disgusted after many years of banking with ME to find that they would not continue their online savings interest rate for us on our three figure savings. Said it was only for new customers. They have not even replied to my email four days ago now. Pathetic service. We are going back to St George.
Good interest rate
No branches, inflexible, inefficient

spudatthebrook

spudatthebrook

Shifting goal posts

This account when it was first conceived was an excellent product, low fees, reasonable interest rates but over the last few years has become more expensive to keep. The bank only has one ATM in South Australia although you can use other bank's ATMs ME charge you $1 per ATM transaction better off with an everyday transaction acc. and an online savings.
Used to be a good cheap account to run
Now charge for every ATM use, there are cheaper alternatives around ME keep changing term and conditions

heytherek

heytherek

I like this savings account as you have ready access to your money while earning a fairly decent interest rate. The account is very easy to manage online and you have no fees to pay.
This is not one of the big banks and offer some great accounts like this one where you do not have to pay a single fee. It is easy to set up and easy to manage online. The interest rate on offer is not too bad when you consider you have instant access to your money and no set term or penalties to get it out.

shellfreak

shellfreak

Good

We've never regretted switching our savings to this account. We know we are getting one of the best rates of interest around, and are with a good bank generally with their other products and services.
Extremely competitive savings rate, and as the advertising says, you know what you're getting, with too many other banks attaching gimmicks to their rates. No minimum amount required to open an account, and a really easy online application process.
The interest rate doesn't always move up (when rates are rising generally) quickly enough, leaving you feeling frustrated that you could be doing better elsewhere.