Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Cabriolet, Coupe, Estate, Sedan and Sports Coupe

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

A cut-corners car!

This car (C200 Bluetec) was purchased brand new by my mother from Mercedes-Benz Sydney in late 2015, has been used everyday since & has been a major disappointment.

The 1.6L Turbo-Diesel is one of the slowest engines i have ever experienced & gets absolutely smoked by my 2007 Honda Accord Euro which was her previous car. Turbo lag is horrendous and the noise inside the cabin means that the stereo system has to be turned right up to actually hear the thing. The stop-start system makes things 10 times worse taking ages to wake back up after cutting out the engine.

The vehicle's run-flat tires make the ride a very rough one, every small bump makes a huge noise and shakes you like you've run over a rock. They are also damn expensive costing 300 hard earned dollars per tire every time they need to be repaired & in the nearly 4 years that we've owned the car have had to be replaced three times which is an absolute joke.

The infotainment system is a slow-laggy mess and looks incredibly cheap. So much so that my mother prefers the 2007 Navigation system in the Honda that i drive. The touch pad & swivel wheel combination is so clumsy to use compared to the touchscreen in my car & even the remote touch joystick in my Dad's 2016 Lexus RX450h!

The random issues in the vehicle make you question Merc's slogan of 'The Best or Nothing'. Back door's randomly opening whilst driving, transmission shifter taking three or four goes to actually change from park to drive and so much more!

The lack of features is also a big issue, when your spending close to $70,000 on a sedan you'd expect heated seats, a nice sound system, moon roof, 360 degree camera, some of which my Honda has.

With all this & much more we will never be buying a Merc again. We are currently looking into the Lexus IS or ES as a replacement as we have been so happy with our 2016 RX. Cannot wait to get this hunk of junk out of the garage.

Purchased in October 2015 at Mercedes-Benz Dealers for $68,500.00.

Year2015
Comfort

Great car and no problems

I suggest Daniel S needed to do more research and check ups before he bought that car , he claims only 6 months before ?
How did he verify it only needed 1 "top up " of oil in the previous 15,000 k's ??
I suggest the car was NOT in fact properly serviced from what he has said.
He used the SAME servicemen as the previous owner ??
Bad move.
These cars are amazing when looked after by competent Service Agents..preferebly authorised by MB.
I have a C200 2005 Kompressor Elegance with 116,000 k's on the clock ALWAYS serviced by the Agent and NEVER a problem !!

Purchased in March 2016 at Mercedes-Benz Dealers for $10,000.00.

Year2005

Affordable Luxury

We have had tye car six months and driven both around Sydney and down the highway to Melbourne and back and have only been impressed. Just the two of us now but a couple of extras can fit in the back comfotably. The boot is reasonable in capacity but my only worry is run flat tyes and no spare, even a space saver would give some comfort.

The finish and build is excellent and very modern cabin but not to hard to use, even for a mid 50 guy.

Acceleration and handling is great especially out a 2.0 litre turbo petrol which gave us excellent fuel consumtion on the highway trip.

Overall a great value for money prestige car wearing a historic badge but nit too much more than a Japanese car these days.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tynan Motors for $79,000.00.

Year2019
Comfort

The perfect bangernomics car with real appeal

Great looking traditional Benz, feels small & tight but planted. I bought mine 3yrs ago as a banger having owned a W202 back in Blighty which we took to 214,000 miles. At this age the W203s still on the roads are sorted cars. Electrickery was rife in the early days but if you find one with loads of receipts you can get 8 airbags, esc, rain sensors light sensors, auto boot release etc for old Commodore money.
The C180 is surely an ideal first car
It will have schoolyard or uni cred, but these are safe and not quick. You'll sleep easier when your teenager is out.
Like any old Merc engines are bullet proof, the auto boxes are lovely changers and it has that solid feel. Heavy cars so the 9l to 100km is about right.
I think mine is unsellable. At 250 000km it's worth a pittance so I will keep running it or trade if I can.
If you get a quicker model my tip is this classic shape will go up more than the W204. Base models can be got under 3k so they won't fall further.
Easy checks; use an online vin decoder to check your car, get a $2.50 post check and you may get recall history off Benz Australia. Great cars, mine is too slow on motorways but perfect about town.

Purchased in June 2016 for $2,500.00.

Year2001

not worth it

I bought c200 sedan in 2015 - a supposedly reliable car. My endless negative experinces suggest otherwise. For me, buying a Mercedes has been one of the most disheartening experiences, from the time of my first service. To make matter worse, problems dont seem to get resolved in the first instance, despite the promise of unwavering quality. The service centre seems unable, and to a certain extent, complacent in resolving the issues. Initially, it was just the car that fell completely short of my expectations, now the service centres ranks first. Kudos to Mercedes in providing a total expereience!
The first simple and easily solvable issue was the tyre being fitted inside out. However, the technician refused to accept this. The error was confirmed to me by another private, reliable car service dealer.
The second issue was a constant rattling noise. After the first unsuccessful service, this was only fixed after a second review.
The third issue was loss of power while changing gear from the second to third position. I diligently reported this during my second service. The capable technicians did not think it pertinent to resolve it before the third.
The list seems endless. But I want to write these down knowing fully welll that Mercedes will not pay heed to any of this. Soon the loss of power recurred. A reputed,reliable company like Mercedes explained it as 'driver behaviour issue'. So, it is still unresolved.
As if this wasnt enough, the intelligent light system malfunctioned which has not yet been fixed.
Owning a Merc has been a completely harrowing experience. In spite of the Merc being a decent driving expereince, after the recent service, I have just given up plans of buying another Merc because of the lousy and incompetent customer service experience.

Purchased in August 2015 at Mercedes-Benz Dealers for $77,000.00.

Year2015
Comfort

Super slick drive - luxury you can afford!

We use the car for everyday driving and find it such a pleasure to drive. The steering wheel turns so effortlessly (you won't know what I'm talking about until you experience it), it has mind boggling good fuel economy (for diesel version which we have), and service is required very infrequently compared to many other cars.

These cars hold up very well long term without risk of costly repairs.

As an everyday luxury car, you can't go past this!

Purchased in July 2018.

Year2014
Comfort

Worst car I've ever owned. And I've had a lot over the years.

I came to own this car 6 months ago and I have never been so disappointed in a vehicle. It went well for about three months and since then I have had nothing but issues with it. To make things worse the Mercedes dealership charges a fortune for half pie jobs that achieve very little.

In its last episode I took it in for a service (Cost about $1000) On the way home it broke down. That's unfortunate I thought, so I had it towed back to the workshop. I decided to have all recommended repairs done to hopefully sort it out for once and for all. I gave clear indication that I didn't want it back unless it was 100% mechanically as I live 40km out of town in a rural area. Therefore I need a vehicle that is completely up to scratch. $2000 later I picked up the car, having had the front suspension repaired, some pulleys and belts replaced and the reason it broke down in the first place diagnosed as wet spark plugs and rectified.

The first thing I noticed immediately after driving away was a horrible rattling in the front suspension. I was not impressed. Being late in the day I decided to continue on home and go back the next day. Bad idea apparently. I got about 25 out if 40km on the way home and it broke down again. Same fault as the first time it broke down - running on three cylinders, then on four but in limp mode and only capable of about 90kph with the engine warning light on. To make matters worse, I performed an oil check and the car needed a litre of oil. This was a mere 150 km after a full service and it only needing a top up once in the previous 15,000km. Needless to say I highly doubt even the oil was correctly refilled during it's service. A litre of oil sorted it and 1200 km on its still fine apparently.

Disgusted at the absolutely second rate and overly expensive work performed by a Mercedes main dealership, I decided to take matters into my own hands and roll up the DIY sleeves to sort the issues myself before I go bankrupt. A set of coil packs later ($39 each off eBay compared to $1500 for four genuine ones) saw it miraculously run on all cylinders and the engine light go off. Then the handbrake jammed on. Again interesting for a car that I have just had serviced and had given instructions to find and fix all faults. A can of CRC and some tinkering freed it up.

Further inspection found a perished vacuum hose. I replaced it for 78cents and fuel economy improved immediately. Given it is under the engine cover right by the spark plugs I am surprised it was not noticed and fixed.

Next on the list is that rattling suspension. Parts have been ordered and another $400 spent.

Overall I am highly unimpressed with what is supposed to be a prestige brand known for reliability and longevity. The vehicle had a relatively low 160,000 km and a complete service history from the same main dealer that I again entrusted it to when I bought it. I am now in the position where I have a car that is basically worthless if it's not running right, and I've invested too much money took just walk away from it.

Purchased in July 2018.

C180 estate

Bought a 1 owner 2013 complied C180 AMG estate for my wife in mid Sept 2018,@77k it's in pretty good condition usual parking dings & small scratches but was a honest vehicle with a comprehensive service & repair history. As I own & prefer cars with a more sporting ability I didn't expect too much from it but now having driven it for a while in both city & country roads found the car to be both comfortable & fairly capable in it's performance & handling .As it's a small capacity engine the turbo is slightly OS I feel in traffic & displays initial (slight) turbo lag,but this is only if a quick take off is required from traffic lights or similar situation.Easily eliminated by slightly loading the turbo & engine prior to take off. After the boost builds the engine & 7spd gearbox responds well & quickly gets to the required speed easily. Obviously on the open road this is not a concern & the car's ability's & good quality materials that are used in the cabin makes a comfortable interior. Driven judiciously the fuel range makes for easy long distance driving.After long term ownership of a very reliable Audi A4t estate I thought I would try another Euro car,ignoring the it's a "Mercedes" hype,like much in life it's not perfect but so far my wife & I are happy with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Really bad

This is a belated review as I bought this car in 2007. Based on my experience Mercedes does not deserve a second look. Expensive Yes! Thirsty Yes! Underpowered Yes! And this is after Mercedes supposedly improved on previous C180 being sluggish.
Quality Nooo!!! First drivers inside door handle broke off in normal use. Really? $300 to repair thank you. Then air handling actuator lever (a little plastic stick to me and you) snapped necessitating removal of dash to fix and $2000 bill. Then car developed parasitic battery drain. Arrgghh! Based on my experience Mercedes and quality do not belong in the same sentence. Car is over-engineered and numerous bizzare small (and large) breakages that are unheard of in any other make of car leave you grossly inconvenienced and breathlessly out of pocket. Do yourself a favour, stay away from Mercedes Benz. Plenty of hype that leaves you short-changed in every way possible.

LineClassic
Date PurchasedApr 2007

Best motor vehicle ever

I’m not really a car person or enthusiast but after having this Mercedes Benz C300 for 10 months I so into this car. Everything about it is just class, performance and safety.
I’ve done almost 30,000 km in this time and the car hasn’t missed a beat with anything. First service was at 20,000 km rather than 25,000 km- my choice. Cost was fair and what I’d expect from a premium European brand. $380. Next one is about $600.
Surprisingly I have had really good mileage from the OEM run flats on the car- definitely at least another 10,000 km to go before considering replacing. 40,0000 km from original Tyres is pretty good in my books.
I have installed an aftermarket air filter from USA which gives it a nice sound and adds about another 10kw of power. Also have an aftermarket chip in it which is unbelievable to the performance. Of course MB dealers don’t like these things so I just take it off for servicing and they are none the wiser!
In summary, this car is awesome in every way possible. Swore I’d never own a black car but how could you resist? AMG package is fantastic.
Do yourself a favor and drive one ☝️ and negotiate a great deal... I did and haven’t regretted it for one second.

BadgeC300
LineAMG
Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Antiquated navigation system and noisy rough riding run flat tyres

Purchased this MY 17 C250 Mercedes Benz Estate and in our opinion it’s navigation system is from the dark ages and is definitely not user friendly. Mercedes gave us a part number for an update on this system four months ago and the part is not even available in Australia. We spoke to Service And Spares at a Benz dealership and they all agreed that the navigation system is antiquated. Efficiency at its worst. For a luxury car to have run flat tyres fitted, which are extremely noisy, they do not give good mileage and hate rough roads, including potholes. We have also found out that the resale value is hopeless, insulting actually. This car was $82000 new and after 18 months have been offered $45000 on a trade. Would never buy or recommend a Mercedes Benz to anyone and I certainly would not deal with Mercedes Benz Geelong ever again.

BadgeC250
LineAntiquated navigation system and ridiculous run flat tyres
Date PurchasedJan 2017

Lovely to drive

I have had it for three years now and love my car. the ride is really smooth. Appreciate the heated seats in winter, the auto parking and the fact that it takes control if I veer off-course or am about to hit something. I really have not done this without still being in control but the car was faster than me. I think it looks gorgeous, like a slinky cat and comes in great colours.

LineElegance
Date PurchasedMay 2015

My midlife crisis not so bad after all

After making the decision to spoil myself and buy a car that I wanted rather than want was expected was th best decision I have ever made. Being a Mercedes the safety features are the best you can find and the comfortability leaves you speechless. Every model is always made with amazing attention to detail ensuring that luxury details are seen, felt and appreciated in every angle. The smoothness of the engine and the pick up of the power definitely made me think about what I had brought and that I need o make sure I drive the car with respect and sensibility. A Mercedes Benz was always a car that many feel is either out of reach, or for someone else and not themselves. If you do your research and really look properly. Also ALWAYS go to a reputable car dealer. I now know that no matter how busy or long my day is at work, I get to drive home in a car I am very proud of and love.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

A dream to drive

I love my 2015 C180 coupe. It has stylish sports car lines. The interior is so to die for. It seats 4 people comfortably. I have a a baby seat in the back. I can easily reach in and clip my granddaughter in. I love the panoramic sunroof especially the built in curtain.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Surprisingly reliable and inexpensive to own, also with surprisingly good performance

My expectations of buying a 15 year old Mercedes were that it was going to be slow and expensive to own, but I have been surprised.

Performance for a heavy 2.0-litre 4 cylinder is actually pretty good. It's usually quiet but when you need a bit of extra power it gets a bit noisy.

The car has great brakes - they seem to defy the laws of physics - it can brake very quickly but without causing discomfort to the driver and passengers.

It is comfortable but the steering is a little vague compared to our other similar-age BMW.

I think our car has a problem with the automatic transmission. It is a little reluctant to change up a gear under certain circumstances. This is a little annoying but isn't a major problem. The previous owner had receipts which showed they had recently serviced the transmission so I guess they were aware of the problem and a service didn't fix it and most likely the transmission needs repair or replacement which is not worth doing at this stage.

It was surprising to find some rust around the sunroof and on one of the doors. I'm not sure if this is common or whether this may be due to poor accident damage repairs as this car does show some evidence of having had some repair in the past.

Visibility is good although the A-pillars are quite wide and can get in the way.

The car has been very reliable for a 15+ year old car. The only issues we have had are the battery (normal with any car, but the Mercedes uses a large and expensive battery, and there is a complex process after replacing the battery to calibrate several systems) and the drag link (part of the steering system with ball joints that caused the steering to have a lot of play). There are some other minor issues like the rear wiper doesn't work which I tried to fix myself unsuccessfully.

The car came with a space saver spare but I was able to fit a full size wheel in its place.

Our model - a wagon - came with built-in child booster seats which are a handy feature. Luggage space is also good for a compact car and we have carried large objects including a single mattress.

Overall I would recommend considering the 202 series models, but I understand that the later models like ours are better as early models have issues with disintegrating wiring.

BadgeC200
LineElegance
Date PurchasedJul 2015

Amazing experience

I use it for work purpose to go to my office. I use it five days a week. It needs to get service once a year. It’s a delight to drive a German car. They are so smooth and delight to drive . I would must recommend them if you want to try the best German car

LineAMG
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great Car

I use my car everyday driving to work, I have owned many different cars in my time, but nothing is like Mercedes. The Drive is very very smooth, the car is sturdy and has great turning circle. I would recommend this car, will probably go for an E-class next car.

LineSports
Date PurchasedJun 2017

Not what you expect from Mercedes badge and a $77k price tag

It is our first Merc experience and ownership, and we are left out of pocket and disappointed overall.
Pros: diesel motor is very efficient, as long as you don’t drive aggressively. Expect about 8~11Lts per 100km depending on your driving habits and use of the Stop/start function, which can be a nuisance in heavy traffic. The 500nm of torque is amazing and can be testing on the gearbox. Road handling is tight and precise. Ride is great, expect on rough roads. Cabin space is adequate but can be a little tight in the rear. Instrumentation and equipment is adequate and easy to use. The Vision pack we added, is a bonus. Sunroof is very good and functional. Boot is a good size.
Cons: Stop/start function, can be annoying in traffic conditions, and its delayed start is dangerous if you need emergency or instant power. It will also stop working, when the battery starts to get old, and a special new battery is approx $500 and upwards to replace. Ouch! Replacement of tyres are a timely requirement at approx 15000kms or less. Expect approx $1000 per set. Balance on front tyres will be required every 5k or less. A nuisance and un-necessary cost. Otherwise, expect excessive wear on the front tyres and an early new set. The rear tyre wear issues, are no better. You don’t have alternative tyre brand options as they either don’t exist or they will change the dynamics of the car. It’s Continental tyres or nothing. The gearbox is not suited to the diesel motor and a times can be clunky and lacking in grace for a Merc badged car. Cabin noise due to the diesel motor is excessive and can be annoying, until the gearbox changes down to the higher gear range. And it get’s worse as the car gets older. Car service cost by Merc dealership is brutal. Expect at least $800 for minor and $1550+ for a major. A fuel filter alone is a whopping $500. And don’t even mention the brake discs. The leather seats are hard and uncomfortable on long distance drives. There is no electrics for seat to go back/forward, but up/down exists. How Cheap. It’s an Option. Engineering and quality is good, but lacks real polish.
Would I buy another Merc. Probably not. The maintenance, hidden costs and upkeep are too brutal. All because you have a Merc badge on the front. Hopefully they have fixed all the technical issues on the next models, but hold your breathe and wallet on the maintenance costs.

BadgeC250 CDI
LineAvantgarde
Date PurchasedNov 2012

C-Class-Good German engineering, rather bad service in Perth from two agents, DIY recommended!

Hi,
C220 CDI W204 2007 model bought second-hand with 120,000km. Found the following servicing problems:

1. Osborne Park did not change the fuel filter at 60,000km, nor Bentley at 120,000km, both items are in the service booklet.The fuel filter was cut open and shows obvious contaminations, it was still the original.
2. Osborne Park did not change the automatic transmission oil and filter at 60,000 and Bentley likewise not at 120,000km. The oil was flushed by myself and was black and stank, not a good sign.
3. The front brake rotors were checked and the recommendation on the invoice was that due to a thickness of 25.3mm, the rotor was out of gauge as 25.4mm was the minimum. I measured the thickness at 26.1, so it was within tolerance.
4. Harder to detect, but it should have been detected during the test run of the service at 120,000km, the water temp. only ever rose to 80 deg. and too slowly, now that I changed the thermostat it rises to the recommended 90 deg. Thermostats, according to Dr Google, are a common failure item with Mercedes.

The service manager told me the customer refused those oil and filter changes, but this is very hard to believe as customers drop their car off for service and then to ask, "Do you really want a service?" sounds a bit odd as they are part of the service at that mileage.

The Varta battery was the original battery and lasted eleven years, a sign of good engineering.

Suggestion is to have a look at the service manual if those oil/filter changes have been ticked.

BadgeC220 CDI
LineAvantgarde
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great Car but DONT TRUST MERCEDES BENZ Warranty and Servicing

I write this to warn all parties out there toget everything in writing. Failed to honor our servicing despite massive problems in 3 years. Now, a $3k servicing bill and Mercedes are "non responsive". We will take it further but please please ask questions so you are not like us.

LineClassic
Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Is it normal for these cars to sound a bit noisy on acceleration ?? Kompressor 2005 Model
Mum has 05 C180K I bought her - no very refined but hers still has v low kms 85k fsh. Not sure what noise?Just a bit of a "growl" Sounds like a bit of a "note" Maybe not a problem as only done 116,000 K's. Mercedes Service Centre says is normal whenI asked today.

My c200 Mercedes 2009 has a vibration when station or driving really bad at 2000rpm. Can feel it on steering wheel. Checked gear box mount ok.
Drive line or wheel alignment ?

I replaced my transmission but now it is not shifting from parking position.Any ideas?
The inhibitor switch on Transmission is likely not working return it to the workshop who did job for a diagnostic check

Mercedes-Benz C-Class C200 W205 (No Badge) (2014-2019)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 W205 (No Badge) (2014-2019)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220d W205 (2014-2019)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 e W205 (2019)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C43 AMG 4MATIC W205 (2016-2019)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG S (2016-2019)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C200 C205 Coupe (2016-2019)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 C205 (2016-2019)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C43 AMG 4MATIC Coupe (2016-2019)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG S Coupe (2016-2019)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C200 A205 CabrioletMercedes-Benz C-Class C300 A205 CabrioletMercedes-Benz C-Class C43 AMG 4MATIC A205 CabrioletMercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG S A205 CabrioletMercedes-Benz C-Class C200 S205 (No Badge)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 S205 EstateMercedes-Benz C-Class C220 d S205 EstateMercedes-Benz C-Class C43 AMG 4MATIC S205 EstateMercedes-Benz C-Class C63 AMG S S205 EstateMercedes-Benz C-Class C180 W202 (2000)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C200 W202 (2000)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 W203 (2000-2002)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor W203 (2002-2007)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 CDI W203 (2001-2007)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C200 W204 (2011-2014)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C220 CDI W204 (2007-2011)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 W204 (2011-2014)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 CDI W204 (2011-2014)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 W204 (2009-2014)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C200 W205 BlueTEC (2014-2015)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C200 W205 d (2014-2015)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 W205 (2014-2017)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 W205 h (2015-2016)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C300 W205 BlueTEC Hybrid (2014-2015)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 C204 Coupe (2011-2015)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 C204 (2011-2015)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 CDI C204 (2011-2015)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C250 d C205 (2016-2018)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 CL203 (2001-2002)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C180 Kompressor CL203 (2002-2007)Mercedes-Benz C-Class C200 S205 dMercedes-Benz C-Class C200 S205 BlueTECMercedes-Benz C-Class C250 S205 EstateMercedes-Benz C-Class C250 CDI S204 Estate
CategoryCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars, Sports Cars and SedansCars, Sports Cars and SedansCars, Sports Cars and SedansCars, Sports Cars and SedansCars and ConvertibleCars and ConvertibleCars and ConvertibleCars and ConvertibleCars and WagonsCars and WagonsCars and WagonsCars and WagonsCars and WagonsCars and SedansCars, Wagons and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars, Wagons and SedansCars, Wagons and SedansCars, Wagons and SedansCars, Wagons and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars, Sports Cars and SedansCars, Sports Cars and SedansCars, Sports Cars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and WagonsCars and WagonsCars and WagonsCars and Wagons
Starting Price $63,700$71,800$65,200$87,111$108,600$160,900$68,300$85,500$112,600$165,900$88,900$102,600$125,700$66,200$74,300$67,800$111,100$163,400$62,400$62,900$69,400$75,300$74,900$75,400$65,400$64,900$71,900
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeRear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)Rear Wheel Drive (RWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolDieselHybridPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolDieselPetrolPetrolPetrolDieselPetrolHybridHybridDieselDieselDieselPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy19" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy19" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors4444442222222255555444442555
Seats5555554444444455555555554555
Fuel Consumption6.4 L/100km7 L/100km4.7 L/100km9.4 L/100km10.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km7 L/100km9.5 L/100km10.3 L/100km6.8 L/100km7.6 L/100km10 L/100km6.5 L/100km7.2 L/100km4.8 L/100km9.6 L/100km10.7 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km6.4 L/100km4 L/100km4 L/100km4.4 L/100km4.7 L/100km4.7 L/100km6.6 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 66 L66 L66 L50 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L66 L50 L66 L66 L66 L66 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.9L4 Cylinder 2.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L8 Cylinder 4.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L8 Cylinder 4.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L6 Cylinder 3.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 1.9L6 Cylinder 3.0L8 Cylinder 4.0L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.1L4 Cylinder 2.1L4 Cylinder 2.1L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 1.6L4 Cylinder 2.0L
Max Power135kW @ 6100rpm190kW @ 6100rpm143kW @ 3800rpm155kW @ 3800rpm287kW @ 6100rpm375kW @ 6000rpm150kW @ 5500rpm190kW @ 6100rpm287kW @ 6100rpm375kW @ 6250rpm150kW @ 5500rpm190kW @ 6100rpm287kW @ 6100rpm150kW @ 5500rpm190kW @ 6100rpm143kW @ 3800rpm287kW @ 6100rpm375kW @ 6250rpm100kW @ 3800rpm100kW @ 3800rpm155kW @ 5500rpm150kW @ 3800rpm150kW @ 3800rpm150kW @ 3800rpm100kW @ 3800rpm100kW @ 3800rpm155kW @ 5500rpm
Max Torque280Nm @ 3000-4000rpm370Nm @ 1800-4000rpm400Nm @ 1600-2800rpm440Nm @ 1600-1800rpm520Nm @ 2500-5000rpm700Nm @ 2000-4500rpm300Nm @ 1200-4000rpm370Nm @ 1800-4000rpm520Nm @ 2500-5000rpm700Nm @ 2000-4500rpm300Nm @ 1200-4000rpm370Nm @ 1800-4000rpm520Nm @ 2500-5000rpm300Nm @ 4000rpm370Nm @ 1800-4000rpm400Nm @ 1600-2800rpm520Nm @ 2500-5000rpm700Nm @ 2000-4500rpm320Nm @ 1500-3000rpm320Nm @ 3000rpm350Nm @ 1200-1400rpm500Nm @ 1600-1800rpm500Nm @ 1600-1800rpm500Nm @ 1600-1800rpm320Nm @ 3000rpm320Nm @ 1500-3000rpm350Nm @ 1200-4000rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth AfricaSouth AfricaSouth AfricaSouth AfricaSouth AfricaSouth AfricaGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanyGermanySouth AfricaSouth AfricaSouth AfricaSouth AfricaSouth AfricaGermanyGermanyGermanyGermany
Safety Features
Extra Features
  • USB Port
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateAug 2014Aug 2014Jan 2014Jan 2019Jul 2016Jul 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jul 2016Apr 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Aug 2016Aug 2016Nov 2014Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2017Jan 2000Jan 2000Jan 2000Jan 2002Jan 2001Jan 2011Jan 2007Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2009Aug 2014Aug 2014Aug 2014Jan 2015Aug 2014Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2011Jan 2016Jan 2001Jan 2002Nov 2014Nov 2014Jan 2014May 2008
Discontinuation dateDec 2000Dec 2000Dec 2002Dec 2007Dec 2007Dec 2014Dec 2011Dec 2014Dec 2014Dec 2014Dec 2015Dec 2015Dec 2017Dec 2016Dec 2015Dec 2015Dec 2015Dec 2015Dec 2018Dec 2002Dec 2007Dec 2017Dec 2015Dec 2018Oct 2014