Mitsubishi Lancer

Mitsubishi Lancer

CF, CE, CG/CH and CJ

See the Best Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Reliable, cheap on fuel, economical and sporty.

I use my CE Mitsubishi lancer frequently to and from work, long drives down the coast to see family and occasional surfing trip. I have had the car serviced on the due dates with no faults mentioned by my mechanic. It's no v8 but it's perfect for me. I highly recommend this vehicle for the average family.

Purchased in February 2019 at Private for $2,500.00.

Year2000
Comfort

Car giving peace of mind

Our old 2001 Magna after some 17 years giving us cost free motoring. Other than normal maintenance. Suddenly became costly to maintain. We required a car suitable for two persons. So after spending some weeks looking for a suitable replacement we decided on the Mitsubishi Lancer. We could not be any happier with our choice. Comfort, driving and little ongoing costs. Car required to be serviced only once per annum. Very happy Mitsubishi customer

Affordable luxury

This car has great fuel consumption and is a pleasure to drive. It has so many options that contribute to the overall quality of the vehicle making it feel and drive like a luxury car. At a great price it definitely puts it ahead of the competition. Recommend a test drive if in the market for a new sedan as I’m sure like myself you won’t be disappointed.

15 years old and never let me down

That's right folks, this car is pushing on 15 years old and has NEVER broken down (except for a few times when I accidentally left the lights on).

I don't know what they made this thing out of, because it is RESILIENT.

It's been used to transport a 2.5 person kayak on the motorway. It's traveled from one side of Australia to the other. It's helped me move the entire contents of my house in one go - twice. It's gone off road (despite not being designed for it) and had no problems. It's been in 2 accidents. It's hit a large kangaroo. Still running fine.

The radio has now finally started to give out and the aircon is broken, plus it doesn't look so sleek anymore, but my god is it reliable. I keep preparing myself to have to replace it because it's getting old and has been through so much, and it never fails to surprise me with how much life it still has left in it.

I can only hope my next car will be this good.

Purchased in June 2004 for $15,000.00.

TransmissionSemi-Automatic
Year2004
Comfort

If I could rate it a zero, I would.

I purchase my Lancer brand new in 2016, I should have known from the start that it was going to give me grief. To start off with, I ordered a different one to what I received and when I told the sales agent this he told me that "they are all the same so just take it". Me being young and clueless as to what my rights were, I left with the Lancer. The first few months were fantastic, no issues, no worries and no sleepless nights. Christmas day of that year, I went to start the car and it wouldn't click over. Eventually, it kicked over and the car was blowing out black smoke and just did not sound like a car.
I took it to mitsi and they basically laughed in my face because I am a female and couldn't describe it the way they wanted me to. They "checked" over the car (while I was watching mind you and the car did not move let alone someone walking over to it to test it). Took it home and hoped for the best.
These days, my suspension is very soft which is ruining my rear tyres but apparently this is above mitsi standards so bad luck. I also have a transmission issue which they refuse to fix.
The car is still under warranty, just!

I will never ever buy a Mitsubishi product again, whether it is a car on something electrical.

Purchased in April 2016 for $26,000.00.

BoughtNew
Year2016
Comfort

I have the manual version of the lancer SX MY11. This car has been very promising. It is durable and has yet to cause any problems. The interior is a little outdated, but I swapped the headunit for a touch screen aftermarket, giving it a great look. It is responsive and a fun drive. The paint job is an issue though, i have noticed the clear coat peeling off ever so slightly already which is quite worrying. All in all, mechanically it is top notch, but the paint work is something that mitsubishi really should have paid closer attention to.

Purchased in November 2018 at private for $6,000.00.

Year2011
Comfort

Great car with plenty of power

I got my car with 200k on the clock
I had it for a year and All I can say about car is only positive. Plenty of power to get up and go. Thirsty engine that's because it was my first car and loved to rev. I had 15l/100km in city

Purchased in June 2017 for $2,000.00.

Year2003

Great

Love it and use is every day it’s mt work car and my day to day car it’s great I love the new one and the only thing is that it has to be a good one

Purchased in January 2018.

BoughtNew
Year2017
Braking

Unusual vibrations when switch on the ac

When I on the ac it start to vibrate like usual.when I put on gears d it's like mill please help me to fixed it and running condition is like little hard than other cars it's like little vibration and not getting idala up properly what to do please email me

BodySaloon
BadgeXLS
Engine Size1.5
Date PurchasedApr 2002

Best money spent.

My boyfriend and I have Lancer, never had a single problem with it. :) My partner is a mechanic and recommended me to buy this car over any car! Transmission is smooth, aircon works really great. I drive to uni and for placements which is a bit of a distance but never had any problems. Amazing car!

BadgeSX
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Good old car

Car is now 10 years old and bought second hand. Previous owner clearly didn't look after it well due to paint chips scratches and stone chips being all over the paintwork. Mechanically, it still runs perfectly after 170 000km and feels reliable to drive.

Would recommend Lancers if you're looking for a good reliable car, just watch out for paint peel on the older models.

BodyHatch
BadgeActiv
Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great car

Great reliable car this is my 2nd lancer this one was new. Haven't had any problems cost of services are capped . The car has enough power but sensible enough not to get speeding tickets. Very stylish picked the blue and it's pretty good at hiding the dirt. Would recommend this car for any buyer

Date PurchasedAug 2017

2017 lancer cf

Great car. Only bought it because of its size internally. Way bigger than a Mazda 3. Not the most fuel efficient on the market. I get around 10/L per 100km city driving. That drops to 7/L on freeways. CVT makes this car a nugget but great going up the mountains. 5 year warranty plus free roadside also sweetened the deal. So far so good.

BadgeLS
Date PurchasedMar 2018

Love the car but fuel consumption is expensive

I have owned my beautiful Mitsi Lancer Ralliart for just over 2 years. I love everything about this car except that this car does a maximum of 350km to 380km a full tank and has to use Premium 98 petrol.
The car is beautiful inside and is amazingly stunning on the outside.

BadgeRalliart
Date PurchasedMar 2015

A good simple vehicle but needs engine refinement.

I had this car for review from a relative who bought the car and I am pretty happy with the way it performs, it has everything you need in a small car, the 2.0l engine has a decent amount of power, however there is a little bit of coarseness in the upper Rev range but it is not to noticeable. But overall I think it looks good and drives well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

expensive to fix man

This car is good if you maintain it properly. However, it is very expensive to fix even just for a low speed crash. Can go to 10000! I assume the lancer has a bad product quality regarding product itself, not referring to the passengers safety. So if you broken ur lancer better just get rid of it and move on! Typical Japanese car.
And sometime ABS does not work at all. So forget about it and go whatever else!

BadgeES Sport
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Most reliable car i have owned.

I originally bought this car in 2004 brand new for use in Sales to service customer inquires, at the time i narrowed it down to just 2 manufacturers cars, i was deciding between a 04 4cyl Camry Sportivo and the Lancer CH VRX wagon, but the deciding factors was the space inside/ versatility and the 10 yr warranty that Mitsubishi Motors offered at the time.

I used this car in sales for the first 10 yrs of its life, stopping and starting the car aprox 12-15 times a day continuously for 10 yrs. (50,000 to 60,000 starts!) the orig plan was to trade it in after 5 yrs worth of depreciation, at the five year mark i couldn't bring myself to do it as it was so reliable and great fun to drive, almost part of the family. So coming up to 14 yrs old now and i still have it in the garage, used about 3 days a week now as i have just retired.

Over the 14 years i have had it, repair costs have been nothing virtually, apart from the usual timing belt replacements, only problems in this time have been:
# 1 x tail light bulb
# 1 x battery up to current 9/2018
# 1 x radiator at 159,000 kls, and it only failed because thermostat seized up causing it to overheat, no damage at all to car from this.
Air conditioner still has original gas, still cold and have never touched it since new..
Handling is excellent, the 2lt engine has adequate power for what it is, uses less fuel than the 2.4lt version, but 2.4lt is stronger motor if you feel the need for speed.
The only thing i have done is to run 98 fuel, and religiously service the car at home every 4000 klms with mitsubishi oil/filter (cost $48) change gearbox oil every 40,000 klms, it never uses oil, no leaks anywhere, i could have left it longer, but for the cost its cheap insurance.

Like i said most reliable car i have ever owned, im 66 yrs old now and have owned over 83 cars since the early 70's, If Mitsubishi made a more reliable trouble free car in the past, i have never seen one, all i can say is if you can find a good one, buy it, as you can do a lot worse for your money in secondhand market.

Seriously, i would give it 6 stars if i could.

BodyWagon
BadgeVR-X
Date PurchasedDec 2004

Reliable but boring

Just sold my 1.5 year old Lancer with less than 7000k for much less than I paid in April 2017, while they are great reliable cars they are not for anyone who enjoys driving. Very slow and the suspension is super sloppy to the point of feeling dangerous, you have to slow down to advisory speeds or you could crash, it also wandered when the road camber changed, our 4x4 handles better. I couldn't justify the huge loan for a boring, slow, poor handling car. EVO's and Ralliarts may be good but clearly they have little in common with the base models. I'm unsure how they can justify calling it a sport, side skirts and spoiler don't create sports handling.

BadgeES Sport
Date PurchasedApr 2017

Love my Lancer, won’t buy another vehicle

I purchased my 2014 Lancer as an ex demo model with lots of optional extras like tinted windows, sat nav, camera and reversing sensors. Love my Lancer! Has so much room for a mid sized sedan. I can fit three adults and two car seats in plus a weeks shopping in the boot.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Great second car

I've had this car for over 3 years now and haven't had any major problems. It drives very smoothly and looks sexy too. It is nice and luxurious on the inside and you can get it very cheap too if you buy it used. Only complaints i have is that it is very hard to see behind when reversing because of the design and also this problem doesn't apply to this car but sedans in general but I find it difficult to park because the car is so big but I find it's all worth it in the end.

BadgeVR-X
Engine Size2.4
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Hi there i had big accident last night in my Mitsubishi lancer black edition cause my brakes didn't work !!! Does anyone have problems with their brakes????
Wow. That does not sound good at all. Hope you are OK. Would like to no the reason why your brakes failed. I myself have not had any problems at all with my car. Please let us know if they come up with a reason why they failed please. For I am sure there would be a lot of owners interested in the result

Would a ce 1.8 share the same timing belt and water pump as the 1.5?
Sorry I can not answer your question. Why not give your local Mitsubishi dealer a call. They should have the answer to your question. .

G’day all, just wondering if a bonnet from a 96 lancer ce hatchback will fit on to a 2000 lancer ce coupe, thanks

Mitsubishi Lancer CF (Sedan) Black Edition (2015-2019)Mitsubishi Lancer CF (Sedan) GSR Manual (2015-2019)Mitsubishi Lancer CF (Sedan) LS (2015-2019)Mitsubishi Lancer CJ (2007-2015)Mitsubishi Lancer CG/CH (2002-2008)Mitsubishi Lancer CE (1996-2003)Mitsubishi Lancer CF (Hatchback) GSR CVT (2015-2017)Mitsubishi Lancer CF (Hatchback) GSR Manual (2015-2017)Mitsubishi Lancer CF (Sedan) ES Sport CVT (2015-2017)Mitsubishi Lancer CF (Sedan) ES Sport Manual (2015-2017)Mitsubishi Lancer CF (Sedan) GSR CVT (2015-2017)
CategoryCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and SedansCars, Hatchbacks and SedansWagons, Cars and SedansCars and SedansCars and HatchbacksCars and HatchbacksCars and SedansCars and SedansCars and Sedans
Starting Price $22,000$22,500$23,500$28,490$27,990$24,230$24,000$22,500$21,000$19,500$24,000
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)ManualContinuously Variable (CVT)Automatic, Continuously Variable (CVT) and ManualAutomatic and ManualAutomaticContinuously Variable (CVT)ManualContinuously Variable (CVT)ManualAutomatic and Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Wheels18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy18" Alloy16" Alloy14" Steel18" Alloy18" Alloy16" Alloy16" Alloy18" Alloy
ANCAP Safety Rating5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars3 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars5 Stars
Doors44444455444
Seats55555555555
Fuel Consumption7.4 L/100km8.9 L/100km7.3 L/100km8.7 L/100km8.8 L/100km8.5 L/100km8.7 L/100km8.9 L/100km7.1 L/100km7.1 L/100km8.7 L/100km
Fuel Tank Capacity 59 L59 L59 L59 L50 L50 L59 L59 L59 L59 L59 L
Engine4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 1.8L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.4L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.0L4 Cylinder 2.4L
Max Power107kW @ 6000rpm121kW107kW125kW @ 6000rpm115kW @ 5750rpm86kW @ 5500rpm121kW121kW107kW107kW121kW
Max Torque194Nm @ 4200rpm219Nm194Nm226Nm @ 4100rpm220Nm @ 3500rpm161Nm @ 4500rpm219Nm219Nm194Nm194Nm219Nm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapanJapan
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)3 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateNov 2015Nov 2015Nov 2015Oct 2007Jul 2002Jun 1996Nov 2015Nov 2015Nov 2015Nov 2015Nov 2015
Discontinuation dateOct 2015Dec 2008Sep 2003Jul 2017Aug 2017Dec 2017Dec 2017Dec 2017