Mitsubishi Lancer

CJ, CG/CH, CE, CF (See All)
See the Best Cars in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mitsubishi

• Comfort
  • Features

John R JR
John R JRGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's a great first car/Daily Driver

I've had my lancer for 3 years, it has never let me down.

Yes, the CVT isn't overly great and small power (110 kw) isn't ideal either.

But for an everyday car that looks great, feels great, drives pretty well, I'm pretty happy.

I did change the headunit to a nice aftermarket pioneer unit, which has dramtically improved the car, both feature wise and audio wise (I like music)

Having purchased my car new from a dealer, I look after it and very rarely drive it, It has very low kilometres and is kept in the best of conditions, being one of the most clean lancers left in the world (excluding perfomance models).

There are better cars out there for the money, but if you like it, it's a great car.

Purchased in May 2019.

Paint Peeling. ABS light unable to fix

Car is only 100,000 km's and paint started to peel extremely bad all over car. At around 60,000 km's An ABS light come on and no one can fix it apparently only special people can. Mitsubishi dont want anything to do with it

Purchased for $35,000.

Josh H.
Josh H.South East Queensland, QLD

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

Bought one of these new in 2014 and owned it for 6 years, great car and have not had a single issue with it (I have over 102,000 kms on it)

Purchased in March 2014 for $18,990.

DavidCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Smooth confident driving

I use my car for general family use and occasional commutes to work (320km round trip)
It's big enough that my teens are comfortable, yet small enough to be economical.
The boot is a great size with a good gate, enabling reasonable sized items.
Economy is average for a 2l engine, open road driving - 850km/ tank (55l), around town 550km/tank.
Servicing is 15000km fixed price. No surprises with this car, it runs like a dream, very reliable with standard mod cons. Huge pity that Mitsubishi stopped producing these in 2017.

Purchased in July 2019 at Mitsubishi Dealers for $16,500.

DR
DRMelbourne

So bloody reliable

Bought second hand back in 2014 for $10.5K. my best investment ever.
Might not be the prettiest car but it sure is reliable. We have treated Lance poorly, gotten the car bogged, taken it places we probably shouldn't have and it's never let us down. Honestly, the best $10.5K I could have ever spent and I feel very loyal now to the Mitsubishi brand.
Contemplating buying a Triton for some off road adventures. But I'll keep Lance going as my city car until the bitter end!

Purchased for $10,500.

Noise Level

Still miss this car

Bought one of these new in 2014 and owned it for 5 years, great car to have for no issues with a good mix of efficiency and power from the 2.4L mivec. Great handler and a fun car to drive that was ahead of its time in looks. I think this car still looks better than a lot of new cars coming out in this segment today.

Purchased in January 2014 for $28,000.

Aaron S.
Aaron S.Gippsland, VIC

Reliable AF, good all rounder.

I went on a search for a second hand car with decent looks, reliability and full of extras which led me to a Lancer VRX.

I've owned one for nearly three years now ( 8 years old when I purchased it ) and it's given me no issues at all. It just keeps going and going. Lots of features , decent servicing prices, decent power and economy. Just a great all rounder.

Purchased in June 2018.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Andrew1964
Andrew1964AU

Now at 260000km

this is an update - we have driven another 80000km since the last update. The Lancer has now done 260000 faultless km.

Nothing has been needed apart from tyres and maintenence oil and filter every 10k and a battery at 9 years old [about 5 years ago now]

I still say "What a great little car. Just the right balance of ride & handling power & economy" .

Road noise is a bit tyre-dependant... but what a pain free terrific, honest car!
I was , and still am, amazed they are so cheap to buy
CJ Lancer is an under-rated value proposition.

Purchased in March 2010 for $11,000.

Master C.
Master C.

Lancer.

Bought as a first car for our son, I have nothing but good things to say about the car.We live in the country and the car has proven to be reliable, comfortable and economical it has more than enough power for that emergency overtaking maneuver. One thing I have found is the ride is greatly improved by reducing the rear tyre pressure to 29 psi when no weight in rear.89000klm

Purchased in December 2019 at Stevens motors for $14,000.

Mark
MarkLaunceston, TAS

A good car

Recently purchased A 2008 VRX manual 2.4 for a second car very impressed with the power from the 2.4 ltr , 5 star ancap rating,handles great good brakes, the only gripe is there is some road noise but can be fixed with some sound proofing. Good size boot for a car of this size, also the engine has a timing chain not at belt that needs replacing every 90,000km :) Good proven engine.

Purchased in January 2020 for $7,600.

Dominic N.
Dominic N.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Solid 1st car

Purchased in July 2016 for $2,500.

Miguel C.
Miguel C.Sydney, NSW

Reliable wagon

Purchased in September 2015 at Private for $7,000.

David H.
David H.Sydney, NSW

So far great medium size car

Just bought lancer ch 2007 sedan 5 speed manual with 137200 km for $3800. Was looking to get either golf or astra lm glad I bought the lancer. Few days into getting car took it for full service mechanic said car is in great condition the only thing apart from full service had to change was timing belt and top gasket cause was leaking oil to spark plugs. Mechanic said just keep serving the car and should last a long time. Thought cause of age of car would have to fix a lot of things but no just service gasket and timing belt. Glad I bought the lancer.

Purchased in May 2020 at Car City for $3,800.

Tyrone Bandara
Tyrone BandaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very well built cars

I've had 3 of these cars in the last 11 years. They tick all the boxes of a reliable buzz box. I always end up going back to one of these. Classic 90s japanese car with a simple functional design.

Purchased in April 2020.

Martin
MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my Lancer!

This is my third Lancer and I have yet to be disappointed. The economy and driving experience are very good, and it looks pretty stylish too. Repairs are relatively inexpensive. My only criticism is that the build seems a bit tinny, and I don't think it would do well in a bingle.

Purchased in January 2020.