CJ, CG/CH, CE, CF

• Comfort
  • Features

Aaron S.

Aaron S.Gippsland, VIC

Reliable AF, good all rounder.

I went on a search for a second hand car with decent looks, reliability and full of extras which led me to a Lancer VRX.

I've owned one for nearly three years now ( 8 years old when I purchased it ) and it's given me no issues at all. It just keeps going and going. Lots of features , decent servicing prices, decent power and economy. Just a great all rounder.

Purchased in June 2018.

Andrew1964

Andrew1964AU

Now at 260000km

this is an update - we have driven another 80000km since the last update. The Lancer has now done 260000 faultless km.

Nothing has been needed apart from tyres and maintenence oil and filter every 10k and a battery at 9 years old [about 5 years ago now]

I still say "What a great little car. Just the right balance of ride & handling power & economy" .

Road noise is a bit tyre-dependant... but what a pain free terrific, honest car!
I was , and still am, amazed they are so cheap to buy
CJ Lancer is an under-rated value proposition.

Purchased in March 2010 for $11,000.00.

Lancer.

Bought as a first car for our son, I have nothing but good things to say about the car.We live in the country and the car has proven to be reliable, comfortable and economical it has more than enough power for that emergency overtaking maneuver. One thing I have found is the ride is greatly improved by reducing the rear tyre pressure to 29 psi when no weight in rear.89000klm

Purchased in December 2019 at Stevens motors for $14,000.00.

Mark

MarkLaunceston, TAS

A good car

Recently purchased A 2008 VRX manual 2.4 for a second car very impressed with the power from the 2.4 ltr , 5 star ancap rating,handles great good brakes, the only gripe is there is some road noise but can be fixed with some sound proofing. Good size boot for a car of this size, also the engine has a timing chain not at belt that needs replacing every 90,000km :) Good proven engine.

Purchased in January 2020 for $7,600.00.

Dominic N.

Dominic N.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Solid 1st car

Purchased in July 2016 for $2,500.00.

Miguel C.

Miguel C.Sydney, NSW

Reliable wagon

Purchased in September 2015 at Private for $7,000.00.

David H.

David H.Sydney, NSW

So far great medium size car

Just bought lancer ch 2007 sedan 5 speed manual with 137200 km for $3800. Was looking to get either golf or astra lm glad I bought the lancer. Few days into getting car took it for full service mechanic said car is in great condition the only thing apart from full service had to change was timing belt and top gasket cause was leaking oil to spark plugs. Mechanic said just keep serving the car and should last a long time. Thought cause of age of car would have to fix a lot of things but no just service gasket and timing belt. Glad I bought the lancer.

Purchased in May 2020 at Car City for $3,800.00.

Tyrone Bandara

Tyrone BandaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very well built cars

I've had 3 of these cars in the last 11 years. They tick all the boxes of a reliable buzz box. I always end up going back to one of these. Classic 90s japanese car with a simple functional design.

Purchased in April 2020.

Martin

MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my Lancer!

This is my third Lancer and I have yet to be disappointed. The economy and driving experience are very good, and it looks pretty stylish too. Repairs are relatively inexpensive. My only criticism is that the build seems a bit tinny, and I don't think it would do well in a bingle.

Purchased in January 2020.

Harman

HarmanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It’s good economical car but its standard going downhill from old models !!

I bought 2017 ls model version although it’s my 4rth lancer I owned but I wanna let the new buyers know their few issues with newer models let me go thru!!
Noisy on the fwy !
Very poor quality body! Poor plastic crap !! Everywhere on the car..
the rear window looks like missing something like edging rubber collecting all rubbish!!
Even in boot and in engine compartment so much of gap!!
The cvt ( constant variable transmission) it’s junk everyone don’t buy I will never buy this transmission again!!

Purchased in June 2017 at Mistubishi for $26,000.00.

Big D

Big DPerth

Does its Job Very Well

Compared to its Competition, The Lancer is a great little car and very good value for money.
It was still built in Japan, and the quality shows through.
Great list of standard features. In other cars would have to go up a level or two to get the same.
Drives nicely, and is quite economical.
Can accommodate 2 teenagers in the back, 3 if they're skinny, and has a huge boot.

5 year warranty and capped price servicing.

CVT is for everyone, but it does the job.

Purchased in June 2016 for $19,000.00.

Amelia

AmeliaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Loved having this car!

I got a 2009 model (automatic) in September 2011 and owned it until March 2019 (only sold because I moved overseas). Over the 8 years, no issues with the car other than two re-calls which Mitsubishi fixed immediately. I got it serviced when required as per mechanic and considering I used it a lot for work everyday, very happy with no issues, just the standard brakes, tyres etc. Cost about $60 to fill up and so efficient.

Purchased in September 2011 at Mitsubishi Dealers for $14,000.00.

Ash Smithh

Ash SmithhPerth, WA

mitsubishi lancer vr 2008

its a reliable car that has never broken down, value for money with fuel economy even after all these years it still runs the same as the first day i brought it. zippy and compact than another 4 door normal family sedan

Purchased in October 2014 at Ford Dealers.

Dave

DaveHunter Region, NSW

Reliable, cheap on fuel, economical and sporty.

I use my CE Mitsubishi lancer frequently to and from work, long drives down the coast to see family and occasional surfing trip. I have had the car serviced on the due dates with no faults mentioned by my mechanic. It's no v8 but it's perfect for me. I highly recommend this vehicle for the average family.

Purchased in February 2019 at Private for $2,500.00.

Andrew

AndrewPerth, WA

Car giving peace of mind

Our old 2001 Magna after some 17 years giving us cost free motoring. Other than normal maintenance. Suddenly became costly to maintain. We required a car suitable for two persons. So after spending some weeks looking for a suitable replacement we decided on the Mitsubishi Lancer. We could not be any happier with our choice. Comfort, driving and little ongoing costs. Car required to be serviced only once per annum. Very happy Mitsubishi customer

Katie

KatieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Affordable luxury

This car has great fuel consumption and is a pleasure to drive. It has so many options that contribute to the overall quality of the vehicle making it feel and drive like a luxury car. At a great price it definitely puts it ahead of the competition. Recommend a test drive if in the market for a new sedan as I’m sure like myself you won’t be disappointed.

15 years old and never let me down

Purchased in June 2004 for $15,000.00.

Ashliegh.D

Ashliegh.DCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

If I could rate it a zero, I would.

Purchased in April 2016 for $26,000.00.

B Tra

B TraIllawarra, NSW

I have the manual version of the lancer SX MY11. This car has been very promising. It is durable and has yet to cause any problems. The interior is a little outdated, but I swapped the headunit for a touch screen aftermarket, giving it a great look. It is responsive and a fun drive. The paint job is an issue though, i have noticed the clear coat peeling off ever so slightly already which is quite worrying. All in all, mechanically it is top notch, but the paint work is something that mitsubishi really should have paid closer attention to.

Purchased in November 2018 at private for $6,000.00.

Жалолиддин А.

Жалолиддин А.Sydney, NSW

Great car with plenty of power

I got my car with 200k on the clock
I had it for a year and All I can say about car is only positive. Plenty of power to get up and go. Thirsty engine that's because it was my first car and loved to rev. I had 15l/100km in city

Purchased in June 2017 for $2,000.00.