• Installation
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Warranty Claim MadeYes (9) · No (215)
  • Purchase Price$9,000.00

seven roller shutters installed

well designed. Great fit. Looks and performs fantastic. Would not hesitate in recommending shutters to any one. Shutters operate with ease and no noise. Snug fit on windows. Best decision we ever had .

Brett

BrettSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic service from start to finish.

Modern group Murrarie have installed roller shutters on 2 seperate occasions and the process has been fantastic. From sales to the installer could not be happier.
Appreciate all their efforts and would buy from them again.
Cheers

Shane

ShaneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing Outdoor Blinds

The outdoor blinds make a big difference to our back deck area, when they are up you hardly notice they are there, & when they are down they stop so much wind & rain, & look great.

Janet

JanetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing

When we decided to install the shutters we went with a well known brand. We were very happy with the service and the shutters have made a huge difference to the temperature of our home

Modern GroupModern Group

Hi Janet, thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying your new Modern Shutters! If we can help with anything else in the future, please let us know.

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love it but have small reservations

Love the shutters themselves. They perform as advertised. However the battery unit that powers the closing and shutting won't last long. I have had to replace the battery several times.

trisi

trisiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

NOT HAPPY

so so disgusted with modern shutters,been in a brand new house for 3yrs,and now im getting charged 350dollars,to replace a box,been a loyal customer for 3yrs,took my money no problem, to help me , still waiting from 6months to have strap replaced,gave up on ringing.

Solar installation

The installation and set up all went very well. However on review I think that the sales man was very aggresive and the price I paid was excessive. If I was to do it again I would have done more research and probably would not have used MODERN.

Installation
System Size4 KW
Purchase Price$8,000.00

Sil

SilGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A great outdoor space for entertaining!

The blinds mean my alfresco area can be protected from dust, leaves and birds so it's clean and ready for entertaining at any time. Highly recommend the product and Modern Group.

Hi Sil,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad that you're enjoying your new Modern Outdoor Blinds! If we can help you with anything else in the future, please let us know.

Tony BurmasPerth, WA

Flooded gutters.

MODERN GROUP gutters filled up with 19 mms of water for 4 days in November. My old gutters would drain the water away within 5 minutes. Although I reported this in November 2019 just 2 days after they were installed MODERN GROUP still has not offered to fix the problem or give me a refund as of January 8 2020. MODERN GROUP installs it's new gluttering without even bothering to see if they actually drain the water away.

9377 4133

magicrowdy

magicrowdySouth East Queensland, QLD

A brand new outdoor room

Our 3 x 5m wide outdoor blinds to our 16m x 3m sized back patio looks awesome. It made the outside look like a whole new room. Cooler in summer. Tested it in a storm and it kept the patio area clean and dry. No more prying eyes from neighbours, no more birds coming in and attacking our budgies and making a mess on the ground. No more constant sweeping of leaves from the patio. Beautiful addition to our house. Thank you Modern !!

Modern GroupModern Group

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear that you're enjoying your Modern Outdoor blinds! If we can help you with anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Colin Mott

Colin Mott

WE HAD THE PROBLEM, THEY FIXED IT

We decided to put solar panels on the roof of our house. Before that was done I wanted the roof to be cleaned and renewed. I contacted Modern and from the get go it ran smoothly. I had a timeline for this to be done and Modern more then achieved that without fuss. The job was fully explained and carried out very professionally, cannot be happier. On completion of the job I rang the company twice only to be told that the person I needed to speak to was busy and that he would ring me back, to this minute I have not heard from that person. This made me feel that once they had my credit card details that thats where the customer service ended, my only gripe.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees

Nath M

Nath MSydney, NSW

Complete ripoff. I will never use or recommend Modern!

Was quoted 7k, for complete roof restoration. Replace cracked tiles, replace all ridges and re-bed, clean and paint entire roof. Payment was made, work was completed. Then, they inform me that none of the work I was quoted for and payed for needed doing and all they did was paint the roof! I proceed to debate the fact I had paid for what I was quoted for and I wanted that work done or some form of discount. They proceeded to argue that it didn't need doing and that I wasn't entitled to a refund. After much arguing to and forth, they refunded $250. I had quoted for painting the roof for $2500. What a complete rort! Never ever will I use them again.

Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
Modern GroupModern Group

Great way to beat the heat.

We cant fault our experience from beginning to end. The sales rep was easy to deal with and gave us a great price. The installer was friendly, punctual and efficient.

Hi Tony,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're glad to hear that you had such a fantastic experience with our team! If we can help you with anything else in the future, please let us know.

Modern Roller Shutters

Modern Roller ShuttersEyre Peninsula, SA

airconditioner works more efficiently particuly on hot days plus security

the installer did a great job. The above three was organised by the saleperson when she gave us a quote on last shutters . Our house has now all shutters on the windows and two sliding doors.

Modern GroupModern Group

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We're glad to hear you're enjoying your new Modern Shutters!

Faulty but a very happy outcome

Had a Solar hotwater system installed 3yrs ago, works well in the sunny days, not so good on long dull or overcast days. Rang Sandy from Modern and she was awsum to say the least. Helpful from begining till end. System is now running at 100%, tradie that fixed it 1st class, Sandy your a DIAMOND !!

Installation

Hi Henry,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're glad we were able to help you with your Solar Hotwater System! We've also passed your message on to the relevant team :)

Yogi

YogiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Could not be happier with the product and service, spot on time and professional

The service was spot on and when appointments were made for quote and installation they were right on time and also rang ahead to make sure time was good. Good One

Hi Yogi,
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're glad to hear our team are providing such great service, and hope you're enjoying your new shutters!

Great service, 2nd time we have used Modern Group Vic

Great to deal with, this is why we went back and used Modern Group with our new home.
Follow up and customer service was fantastic. Install was perfect. I would highly recommend them.

Modern GroupModern Group

Hi Cassie, thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're so glad to hear that our team are providing such great service. If we can help you with anything else in the future, please let us know! :)

Excellent product

Blinds installed by company personnel who were very polite and efficient. Timing was accurate and the men worked quickly. They made sure everything worked properly and cleaned up at the finish.

Bill Wudarczyk

Bill WudarczykMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Happy with the product.

Installer was terrific. Did a great job,walls were very thick so job took longer than expected but the chap was very patient.very pleased with the final result. Looks good nice colours.

Modern GroupModern Group

Hi Bill, thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We're glad to hear our installers are providing such great service, and are happy to hear that you're enjoying your new Modern Shutters!

From daylight to night

I didnt have to navigate the store they came to my home,I didnt have any issues before installation, I was very satisfied with the installation.The salesman was very helpful.i would recommend modern roller shutters to my friends.

Hi Jeannette,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a fantastic review! We're glad to hear that you're enjoying your new roller shutters!
If we can help you with anything else in the future, please let us know.

Pauline R

Pauline Rasked

I am trying to select what colours I want to get for both my roller shutters and a garage door. I want them to match as much as possible. I initially selected the beige slats with the sand rails. The garage doors come in colourbond colours only and I need to know which colourbond colours match the beige. Is there anyway of finding this out without having another rep come to my house?

Modern GroupModern Group

Hi Pauline yes we could send you out some sample’s to help you with the colour match
Please email your details to customercare@moderngroup.com.au

W M S GULAVITA

W M S GULAVITAasked

Why does not your contracts have a cooling off period,please?

Hi W M S,

The Modern Group always complies with with the current legislation, depending on the situation, our contracts can have Cooling-Off periods or Non Cooling-Off periods. If you would like further information on your contract it is best to speak with your local branch in 13 11 78.

Kind Regards,

The Modern Customer Care Team

Ana

Anaasked

After renovations one of my existing Modern Plantarion Shutters doesn't fit, it has 4 panels, it was fitted on a raw brick window, now this window has gyprock and tiles, it became 20 mm narrower at both sides, my plantation shutter is a total of 40 mm TOO WIDE, the high is ok.
My question is can it be fix? Is there a way to make it fit the window?

Juergen
Juergen

Most likely, if you got a surrounding frame, the panels can be modified to be mounted directly into the window opening. Any carpenter can do this for you.

Get an answer from our members and Modern Group representatives