Modern Group
See the Best Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Modern Group

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (20) · No (406)
  • Purchase Price$11,400.00
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

George
GeorgePerth, WA

Perfect Window Treatment

My beautiful plantation shutters have transformed my living/dining room area, they keep out the heat and are so easy to clean, l love them. Cheers George

Modern GroupModern Group

Thanks George, glad you are loving them!

Petros

Petros is extremely professional and was great to deal with. He worked on getting us a great price and we really recommend him to anyone who needs shutters.

Shayum R.Sydney, NSW

Buyer Beware. Unethical High Pressure Sales Tactics!

Modern GroupModern Group

We are very sorry that this has been your experience and we would like to investigate this matter further for you.
Are you able to send your best contact number and postcode to customercare@moderngroup.com.au ?

Philip Mark S.
Philip Mark S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Forget it!

Stay away from these people. I’ve never met a company that bullies their customers, wants to run appointments on their terms and then insults their customers like Modern Solar. After confirming an appointment 3 times including the day before they then called on the day to confirm but never left a message. They refused to visit to quote and then the ridiculous state manager rang to abuse me directly which was neither necessary or welcome. Your state manager is a fool, a bully and incompetent. Go elsewhere.

Ben T.Perth, WA

Dodgy sales tactics

We enquired with modern about a roof restoration. Our salesman started with a $27k price, written down on a paper pad. Price is only valid tonight apparently, a bit of back and forward and suddenly they were down to $18K. He did the old tactic of calling the manager and asking for a discount from the marketing budget which was laughable. His plastic membrane on a metal disc was a joke I can't believe they would think you could fall for that.
Avoid at all costs, we never heard back from them after their con job appointment.

Modern GroupModern Group

Hi Ben just chasing up on your reply please!

Ben T.

Have sent through an email to customer care with my details.

Naz
NazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible service and communication

Warranty Claim MadeNo
DaleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dodgy Company go elsewhere

Had someone come out to quote he wasn’t sure how to install and kept asking me what the “other” companies were going to do. Then when the installation changed, as he couldn’t provide what I wanted only partial and I wouldn’t give him a 10% deposit he became extremely rude, condescending and angry, I told him if he wasn’t sure how to install and now I couldn’t have what I wanted I needed to rethink. He was so rude and said “if I gave you everything for $$$ you probably still couldn’t make up your mind” he snatched his stuff and walked out. I called and emailed home office and NEVER even received a reply. Check QBSA, this company is as dodgy as they come.

Hi Dale
Are you able to send your best contact number and postcode to customercare@moderngroup.com.au?

Dale

That’s interesting because I called and lleft a message and completed an online complaint and no one from Modern bothered to call me back. Extremely unprofessional.

Hi Dale,
We are very sorry and we would like to help resolve this for you. If you are able to send your best contact number and postcode to customercare@moderngroup.com.au we can personally investigate this further.
Kind Regards

Angela V.
Angela V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Professional service.

Had outdoor blinds installed by Charbel and his father. Both are professional, down to earth and passionate with thier work. Blinds look fantastic and will deal with Modern Group again.

• +1Thumbnail

Thank-you Angela!

Saraj
SarajSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outdoor blinds ,

3 Blinds installed , looked great... at first .

Middle blind come out of internal fixed frame. I knew I had until September for warranty. Called for MONTHS insisting I needed to claim under warranty , and barely scraped an inspection in on time (phew)

Come December, I am STILL waiting on a new blind . Calls are left not returned, complaints for doesn't resolve anything. They had promised a while ago to re-manufacture my faulty blind and they were 'busy' but no possible foreseen installation date promised , not even months in advance. Their focus is all on new sales .

Dear Saraj

deanos
deanosSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgraceful quality disgusting customer service

Terrible and horrid finish on my tiled roof done by Modern. looked terrible after paying them over $12,000. They ripped me off and they should be ashamed. All done by cowboy contractors who don’t care and there is no quality control.

Mona
MonaPerth, WA

Very Happy with my Shutters

I have been very happy with my shutters which give me security & shade control from the setting sun.I recommend these shutters to anyone wanting beautiful shutters to complement their home.

Thank-you Mona!

Roof restoration - great job

I am super pleased with the job done by the roofer on my roof renovation. Super polite, skilled and cleaned up every bit of mess. The job itself and the original salesperson and quote gets the 5 stars.

Can I suggest however that there is more support in the office as found it very difficult to get in touch with anyone regarding the schedule of the job and then it happened with very little if any notice.

Modern GroupModern Group

Thank-you very much Stuart!

Great job!

My roof looks like new, I'm very pleased with the result. My neighbours have expressed how good it looks :)
I would recommend Modern roofing, just as they were recommended to me.

Jessie H.
Jessie H.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love my new Roller Shutters

Ben did an amazing job installing our new Roller shutters. He was very friendly and very professional. Would recommend Ben to anyone. Thank you Ben.
There was a bit of a delay getting the shutters and didn’t get exactly what we wanted, but in the end the company delivered the shutters before Christmas for us. Our new roller shutters are perfect for our new room. They look amazing, thank you to Modern Group.

Thank you Jessie!

Grumpy Mum
Grumpy MumPerth, WA

Too many red flags

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Hi,
We are very sorry that this has been your experience and a national manager would like to discuss this with you further.

Moira
Moiraasked
QLD, Murarrie Solar

Hi I was just wondering what the is warranty on your inverter …????

Josephine
Josephine

Hi! Moira, thank god that I did not have other products done by Modern except my roof restoration. After my roof restoration is done, Modern flooded me with all kinds of product promotion. Eventually, it took me a long time to stop Modern’s entice promotion. You need to read and understand everything in the contract of Modern. Don’t just listen and trust Modern’s beautiful words, otherwise, you will be a loser. Good luck. Josephine

Elizabeth
Elizabethasked
QLD, Murarrie

I placed and order on 18 September dor plantation shutters for delivery 6-8 Weeks. It is 11 weeks now and still no communication from your side re a delivery date. The telephone number is just a message service and no direct contact. How do ai get to speak to someone about this issue?

Christine R.
Christine R.

I was dealing with Sydney who answered calls. I was told they were very busy because everyone was renovating but in this case they should not give quotes and accept deposits and have inadequate staff and mess everyone about except themselves and take no responsibility. The only thing you can do is keep ringing. You could try ringing Sydney and see if they can do anything. I have absolutely no faith in this Company. Good luck

Elizabeth
Elizabethasked
QLD, Murarrie

I need someone to call me back. No luck leaving messages or pager service. I need to confirm that the rep changed my order to the correct colour and an installation date. Sad ☹️ that there is not a direct line available for clients.

Hi Elizabeth,
Are you able to send your best contact number and postcode to customercare@moderngroup.com.au so we can follow this up with your local service team?

Get an answer from our members and Modern Group representatives

Compare all 33 Modern Group
CategoryServices and Door & Window ShopsServices and Roofing CompaniesServices and Blind & Shutter ShopsServices and Solar Retailers
After Sales ServiceNo