Netregistry

Netregistry

Netregistry service is appalling: Business without emails for over a week!

Netregistry has been nothing short of appalling. Over a week with no business email functioning! Repeated daily;y calls to get updates as they kept promising a 'fix' which hasn't occurred. Their online staff have begun to not respond to our contacts either phone on 'chat' based... We are dumping them and taking our business internet requirements elsewhere.

Hi Keht, We were experiencing email disruptions but I can confirm that the email issue has now been resolved and services have returned back to normal. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, rest assured that we will continue to monitor the status of these services. https://status.netregistry.com.au If you have any further enquiries or concerns, please let me know. Kind regards, Frank

Our company emails rejected any emails sent to us

Begin from this AM all emails sent to us were rejected as Spam.

There are so many emails were rejected including gmail and even AU Custom's emails were including too.

Look like there are always 3-4 days down time every year.

Hello, We were experiencing email disruptions but I can confirm that the email issue has now been resolved and services have returned back to normal. Apologies for any inconvenience caused, rest assured that we will continue to monitor the status of these services. https://status.netregistry.com.au/ If you have any further enquiries or concerns, please let me know. Kind regards, Frank

Does this company still have the service quality it used too?

I chose Netregistry cause it was an Australian company that provided a good service.

However now it cant even sending an invoice! Andrew Reitzer & Martin Mercer what is going on here?
Are you promoting offensive & obstruction when customers are asking the simplest of things - trying to pay YOU!

I'd advise you look elsewhere, and probably get a better deal with the likes of godadgy - atleast they have a legal presence in Australia.

both a godaddy & netregistry customer (at the moment but the later will likely change if they can perform the simplest of admin functions - SEND THE BILL !)

Andrew Reitzer ? Martin Mercer ?Hi Andrew. I am really sorry to hear about your poor experience. I've sent you a PM asking for some more information regarding this issue so i can look into having this resolved. Regards, Leon

They give your info to every marketing company in India

Since registering a domain, I have received non-stop calls and emails from Indian companies offering a myriad of services. The calls are borderline harassment. One of the sales reps explained that my contact information is available to literally hundreds (if not thousands) of companies.
These guys will make money off your personal details one way or the other; either you pay them extra to keep it private or they sell it off.
Be cautious.

Hi Hank, We appreciate your feedback and I am sorry for the inconvenience. It sounds to me that you have recently purchased a GTLD (.com/.net/.org) domain name which is common practice to publicly list WHOIS information for a domain. In saying that, we do however suggest to enable "Domain Privacy" for your domain name during the purchasing process if you do not wish for this information to be publicly accessible. If you wish, you can purchase domain privacy now but whoever has already got your details we will not be able to retrieve that information from them. I hope this answers your concern. Thanks AbdulI've been registering domains with Net Registry for at least 5 years and this has never happened before. Spare me your scripted nonsense Abdul. Potential customers should be made aware that you are selling off their contact information.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Our emails and website have been down for almost 3 days and they still can't provide an update as to why this is happening. They will not offer any kind of information as to how long we will be down for. It is to do with renewing our domain name. It was up for renewal so we paid our renewal fee. They said the systems are down between them and network solutions which is a US based company. I can see from reviews below, this matter has been ongoing for a number of weeks so I am losing faith that our services will be restored anytime soon. As a small business operator, I cannot operate my business without emails and a website. They have not provided a solution for me and with Easter break tomorrow I don't expect to get one.

Hi Elise, I am really sorry to hear about your poor experience. I've sent you a PM asking for some more information regarding this issue. I will look into this. Regards Abdul

Ok until you have a problem (no website access and problem only corrected 6 days later)

I have a few client websites with Netregistry for years. All is good until this particular website went down and we could not even access CPANEL. Customer support really could not help and could not provide ETA. Few days later I called again and wasted my time trying different things because customer support think the problem was my end (it was not). The System Admin managed to fix the problem 6 days later. We had no access to our site for 6 days, which could be a major revenue loss.

Anyway, at the end of the day it seems like they have no full control of their servers and they did not train their customer support enough. I think 6 days without site access is simply not acceptable. I will not recommend Netregistry to anymore clients and will move existing ones when possible.

Hi Mel, I am really sorry to hear that you've had poor experience with our support team recently. I've sent you a PM asking for some more details. However, we will take your feedback on-board and look forward to taking the appropriate actions within the business. Regards AbdulThanks for the response. I have sent you the details.

These guys are absolutely the worst. They deserve to go out of business because that is what they are trying to do to me. Simple things are beyond them. The are just thieving money. Don't use them.

Hi Lloyd, I am really sorry that you have had a poor experience with us. I have sent you a PM asking for more information, so I can further assist you with any outstanding concerns you may have. Kind regards, Abdul

uncooperative Netregistry

I registered a Domain Name with Netregistry and asked for .com.au and they gave me .net .au and .com
with my domain name . I paid for not realising what i had done , when i should have questioned the invoice.
I rang them straight away and told them there was some mistake. And when i explained to them what happened all i got was is "its too late".
i got quite upset about that. THAT IS BAD SERVICE !!
Then later in the day i get harassed by Web Developers!! Continuously!

Hello George, When purchasing a GTLD (.com/.net/.org) domain name it is common practice to publicly list WHOIS information for a domain. However in saying that, we do prompt the user that if they do not require their contact information to be publicly accessible to enable "Domain Privacy" for your domain name during the purchasing process. Also, Can you kindly provide me your domain name or support case number, please? I will have a look into this issue. Regards AbdulReplying to your comment Abdul. Why have i ( WHOIS) been sold a domain name when i haven't supplied all my details? Explain that! I did ask .com.au and was given .net.au and .com and i ended up paying for those 2 i didn't want (absent minded i was) and was too late the mistake in paying . I rang Netregistry and explained what happened and all i got was that its too late and they could't do anything about it. PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT! Not good service at all !! and you want me to buy other products from Netregistry. Account ref. is 195-17.Hi George, Please check your inbox. I have sent you a message. Regards Abdul

Personal details given out

Don't use them! They give out your personal contact details and you will have people calling you 20 times a day. When you speak to them they just tell you that this is normal. Absolutely disgraceful and appalling service!

Hello, When purchasing a GTLD (.com/.net/.org) domain name it is common practice to publicly list WHOIS information for a domain. However in saying that, we do prompt the user that if they do not require their contact information to be publicly accessible to enable "Domain Privacy" for your domain name during the purchasing process. Kind regards, Frank

Unsatisfactory refund policy

I accidently renewed a domain name I didn't need. Realised within 10 min and phoned but could not receive a refund. I could get a refund of a physical product in a physical shop within this time frame if I made a mistake like this and it seems that the renewal of a domain name which has still 6 weeks before it expires should be easier as there's not even a physical product or packaging that might get damaged so as to make the product difficult to resell!

Hello, I am sorry to hear that. I have sent you a PM asking for your domain name, account reference or support case number so that I can further look into this for you. Kind regards, Abdul

Extortion and Rip off merchants

My renewal was overdue unbeknownst to me because I never received any correspondence to let me know. When I finally was alerted due to my website going down I was told my domain was redundant and I would have to pay $260 to get it back. They claim to have warned me but I received nothing and my business was held to ransom because of this problem. Very unsympathetic staff and quite frankly the work practices they follow are diabolical. Do yourself a favour, go to anyone else, I will be . Worst company ever, and a lesson learned by me.

Hello, I am sorry to hear that. I have sent you a PM asking for your domain name or account reference so I can further look into this for you. Kind regards, Frank

This nightmare is taking up all my time

If I had known that purchasing a single domain name would result in unsolicited emails and within days, phone calls that take up my day and time - I WOULD NOT have purchased it. No reading on forums that its standard and you have upgrade to opt out of your information going viral, this is unethical!

Hi Pete, When purchasing a GTLD (.com/.net/.org) domain name it is common practice to publicly list WHOIS information for a domain. However in saying that, we do prompt the user that if they do not require their contact information to be publicly accessible to enable "Domain Privacy" for your domain name during the purchasing process. Kind regards, FrankHi Frank, I am sorry to say I don't agree - that is NOT common practice (maybe in your organisation), the ethical is to OPT IN if you want it displayed! Is there anyway for this publicly accessible option to still be changed? I searched all features of my account and can not find an opt out option. I am sure it is too late, but I don't want to be solicited!Hi Pete, If you are wanting to mask your contact information, you will need to purchase "Domain Privacy". I will provide the link to this product: https://www.netregistry.com.au/domain-names/domain-privacy/

Always great service

I have dealt with this company over several years, both hosting of two sites and purchasing of many domains. The guys are always there to assist and never intrusive with emails as some might suggest.

Hi Michele, Thanks for leaving the great review! We are glad to hear that you've had a good experience with us. Thanks, Abdul.

Fantastic service from the team

Great work thank you for helping out with the issue at hand. I had made an error and they fixed it. They superseded my problem to assist in getting me to a happy place.

Hi Mel.T, Thanks for leaving the great review! We are glad to hear that you've had a good experience with us. Thanks, Abdul.

DO NOT USE - they sell your details

This absolutely disgusting company makes you pay to keep your information private - I too have had many unsolicited calls and emails. When I asked if I could now pay the extra dollars to make my information private they told me that my information is already out there and nothing can be done.
I REPEAT, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!
1 star only because I could not give them zero.

Hi, We appreciate your feedback regarding the pricing of our product and I am sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with us recently. It sounds to me that you have recently purchased a GTLD (.com/.net/.org) domain name which is common practice to publicly list WHOIS information for a domain. In saying that, we do however suggest to enable "Domain Privacy" for your domain name during the purchasing process if you do not wish for this information to be publicly accessible. If you wish, you can purchase domain privacy now but whoever has already got your details we will not be able to retrieve that information from them. I hope this answers your concern. Thanks Abdul

Shocking service Try another provider

I have never written a review before but shocking service from netregistry. I accidentally renewed email service for annual payment and not monthly. Tried to change back and was told too bad your only option is to cancel but we will charge you for 6 months as well as cancel your emails. You should be able to receive refund if you have made a mistake and want to adjust payment plan.

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your poor experience with our accounts team. I've sent you a PM asking for some more information, this sounds like something we should be able to fix up. Thanks, Aaron

THIEF NET REGISTRY

This company is thieves. They have poor customer services. Lady can sleep away the way she was speaking. Calling herself supervisor. Upon several emails calls making to NET REGISTRY after 8 months now they saying your services are with someone else. After eating away the money for $103.20 now they saying they wont return. When we have no idea that they have changed to other services provider. I do not recommend NETREGISTRY to any one. They are big time thieves, Liars , most irritating customer services people. Dont have any knowledge of their own company. They even dont deserve for 1 star even. I request product review to dont put compulsory to rate them. Worse company ever in Australia.

Hi John, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and I am sorry to hear about the poor experience you have encountered with our customer service team recently. If you wish, I am more than happy to further look into your email issue if you can provide me your support case number. Please let me know what this case number is via the PM I have sent you. Kind regards, FrankThey haven't provided me with any of the case number. If you can check invoice number 12778042 and you can see the case. I have emailed and i haven't received any of the responses yet. Previously complained but no responses.

Completely Useless Tech Support

We have wasted a week on trying to troubleshoot email issues. After explaining the situation multiple times (to the same person no less) including but not limited to:
1. Walking them through the problem on the phone as they wanted to understand how the issue occurs (fair)
2. Then sending a PSR with me performing the steps to /get/ to the issue. Exact same as above
3. They then request a video of me doing the same thing as the PSR , despite this not being a user issue. It is definitely on their email server somewhere.
4. Giving them TeamViewer access to my machine in which they do the exact same thing with, again, the problem existing on their end.

Will refuse to admit they are at fault and will blame everyone else under the sun. Including lying and throwing technical jargon at you hoping you give up (it is 110% wrong) and also blaming Microsoft for misconfiguring their /own/ email servers. Yes, it's definitely an issue with the largest email provider in the world /s

I would stay so far away from this company that the generational jump to my great-grandchildren is not far enough. The only reason we haven't migrated is because I really can't be bothered trying to migrate all of our emails from them (not that you can anyway).

Hi Peter, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and I am sorry to hear about the poor experience you have encountered with our customer service team recently. If you wish, I am more than happy to further look into your email issue if you can provide me your support case number. Please let me know what this case number is via the PM I have sent you. Kind regards, Frank

Would go lower if possible

Absolute garbage. Been in the industry for over well over 10 years as a developer and I have NEVER come across such poor customer service and a complete lack of commonsense. A VERY simple solution to a problem could not be fixed due to THEIR policies. We went through an exhaustive process of removing a re-seller from an account, which took weeks and a lot of to and fro only to find after we have finished that process (in May 2018), today they would NOT even change a nameserver, via the request of the NEW domain OWNER as the domain was STILL attached to the re-seller. Even though the domain, through a Whois search, has nothing to do with that re-seller at all. Registrant details were all in the new account name, but oh no, we have to go through the process again. All they wanted to do was protect the re-seller of an account who was not even attached to it. Marvellous! Have lots of fun dealing with these so called professionals.

Hi Dean, I am sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with our domains team. I've sent you a PM asking for some more information, it doesn't sound like what you are asking should be too difficult. I hope that we can get a good result out of this one. Thanks, AaronDoubt it. Transferring out.

Never Use. Extremely poor service over and over.

I've dealt with Net Registry on many occasions with many different businesses and 9 times out of 10 there is always constant issues. You get directed to this person and then this tech support then the highest level of tech support, 8 days later still no SSL certificate installed. You purchase something then it's always a constant battle to get it right and constant contact on your part to find out where the issue is, continually getting diverted and so much energy to get to a resolution. Would not recommend. Go with SiteGround

Hi Bre, Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear about your poor experiences with us recently. I have sent you a PM asking for more information, so I can further assist you with any outstanding concerns you may have. Kind regards, Frank