Scott H.

Scott H.Sydney, NSW

Email not working, no customer service

Have been with net registry for 8 years and no issues up till now. Email has been down for two weeks, multiple calls and tickets raised. No one seems to be able to fix or communicate. Looking for alternates as business is losing money as we cant email customers

timothyja

timothyjaSouthwest, VIC

Just wanted a .au domain, but they kept calling trying to sell extra services

I just wanted to register a domain name nothing more. But soon after they bombarded me with calls and messages saying I needed to ring them back. I though something was wrong with my domain registration but it turns out they just wanted to waste my time trying to sell me services I never wanted from them.

Today (months later) they sent me an email asking me to rate the sales agent. Honestly your customers are not a resource to be exploited. if I wanted anything other than a domain name I would have asked. Rather than rate the agent I decided to come here and rate them instead.

Paul P.

Paul P.South East Queensland, QLD

Netregistry is the world provider in the world!!! Terrible service and everything is down.

All my hosted domains are down
I have rang countless times... Que is so long...
I have no idea what is wrong... reading this messages I can see that everyone is in the same boat.
Please call me on 0421 790 127 if you are having the same problem.

Matt

MattSydney, NSW

Beware! This is not a professional hosting company

Peter C.

Peter C.Sydney, NSW

Poor transition of servers

Like others, been with Netreg over ten years and all was excellent albeit slight issues with install of SSL certs each year. Now it is a disaster. No emails, no online stores. Been off since Dec 2 when they upgraded their cpanel servers and no-one seems to be able to fix it. Contacted them everyday for updates and I have to start at square one each time. So much for their guaranteed 99.99% uptime.

Customer Advocacy ..Netregistry

no email, just got web sites back

Edrak

EdrakMelbourne

After 10+ years with NetRegistry I'm done

Customer Advocacy ..Netregistry

No Wordpress access but hitting I'm hosting resources limits??!!

Katie Haffenden
Katie Haffenden

Tink

Do NOT use Netregistry !!!!!

3 weeks of email DRAMA still with no resolution in sight. I have spent about 6 hours on the phone with them in past 20 days about 5.5 hours sitting in the queue. Moved our server with no explanation. No one that answers the phone knows what is happening and spends most of their time empathizing with me. Avoid at all costs

Mel B

Mel B

Recent palaver

Ben W.

Ben W.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No responses, email and website down for over a week... ridiculous

Our web designer has contacted them on multiple occassions, been told garbage about what has happened and when to expect a fix. Exactly the same issues like many here by the looks. No email or website means we have no new business coming!

Dean

DeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I will be calling Consumer Affairs!!!

Tony Nolan

Tony NolanSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a Mess this once Quality Company has Become!

Jason W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Has become the worst host ever!

Mick KingPort Macquarie

Terrible service !

I have been with Netregistry for a long time but since the customer service has moved offshore it's become a nightmare to contact them. I just spent over an hour on hold to ask a simple question. While I was waiting I was reading all the negative reviews and discovered VentraIP. Located in Australia and with Australian customer service reps. My call went straight through and I purchased what I was looking for in less than 2 minutes.
This is how Netregistry used to be sadly. Now they will migrate everything over for me !
Time is money and I can't afford to sit on the phone waiting.
Going to VentraIP. Now

NOT HAPPY JAN

Issues with my emails. Took 55min to speak to a tech and they are still working on the issue. Apparently my email has been blacklisted.
I think I will be changing companies.

wendy b

wendy bGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

STAY AWAY FROM THEM

Purchased a SSL certificate from NETREGISTRY, was told by customer service that Netregistry can assist in installing the SSL, just simply email them with the subject "PLEASE ASSIST WITH INSTALLING SSL" I did that, but NO HELP at all. I made several phone calls, emails and live chats, but still no help. I went to VENTRAIP and they installed in on my website in 5 minutes. I have asked for my $199 back several times, and are not prepared to give me a refund, then offered $99, I am taking this up further to ensure I get my $199 back in full. I honestly recommend to stay away from them, go to VentraIP.

therealval

therealvalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Would not recommend. Save yourself the pain.

I've had issues with Netregistry for over a year!

My most recent unresolved issue:

1. Unable to sent emails to my customers that have hotmail accounts - it's been 5 days now and still no word from NR
2. They want to charge me $150 to retrieve emails accidentally deleted from the server

I wouldn't mind paying if it was reasonable and the service was better and they had a better product. Reaching my website also takes 10 - 16 seconds, which they are not willing to help me with even though I've had errors that state that it's a server issue and not my website.

Anyways, lame! Go with ventraip instead (i'm about to switch)

Andy TaylorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely appalling web hosting and service.

I've been a web developer for 22 years now and I have never dealt with a bigger bunch of CLOWNS in the industry. I have been trying to get permissions changed for a server so that a simple WordPress site can have updates run on plugins and WP version, but their server permissions won't allow this. I have been trying to get this changed for THREE YEARS NOW. This is the tried and true offshore model where they hire incompetent Indian help desk for a pittance - pay peanuts, get monkeys.

sent private message

Adam M

Adam MGoulburn Valley, VIC

Ok until you need help.

Absolute nightmare to deal with. Web site got hacked and they couldn't help. I ended up taking my 3 business domains elsewhere a year ago, and just now I have received an invoice for services I cancelled???

andrewasked

Can anybody provide the snail mail address for the Chairman of the Board of Directors please.

I'm not interested in discussing the problem with any company representatives, as Ive wasted enough time trying to do that before (simply trying to give them $$ - yeah I know - I a hopeful fool)

Karen H.
Karen H.

WOW! 3 months & still no response... they obviously don’t want all of these frustrated customers bombarding the chairman or B.O.D. With ALL of these complaints!

slowshuffler78
slowshuffler78

It’s like banging your head against a brick wall ! I’ve been trying since June to work out issues where they blatantly ripped us off. I think the only choice is going to the ombudsman

andrew

$19.50 gets the details (including the home addresses) of all office bearers :)
Registered Post starts at $5.20 (with proof of delivery & $100 compensation limit) :))

Very effective and provides proof of delivery by a third party.

Keepprivate

Keepprivateasked

how do I edit my review?

Hi,

The link below includes instructions on how to edit your review: https://support.productreview.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/203909226-Can-I-edit-my-review-or-change-my-rating-

However, please be aware that reviews that have been responded to cannot be edited, as per ProductReview policy. If you need to add anything to your review you can leave additional comments.

Thanks,
Aaron

Justine

Justineasked

HI I am going to be using WIX as my wed site builder and I believe there is a special code required between link ing wix to net registry. Can you update me on the requirements? Please. Thanks!

Hi Justine,

All you will need to do to link your domain to your Wix site modify your DNS records. The article listed below contains more information on how to do so:

Hope this answers your question!

Thanks,
Aaron

Get an answer from our members and Netregistry representatives