2.1

1,071 reviews · Statistics

27% · 284775 · 72%
See the Best Services in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

1,071 reviews
Canoe Adventures
Canoe Adventures

Basically scammers

Unfortunately got deceived last year into thinking that they were my website hosters and paid for a 4 year registration. Have now received an email to say that the credit card on my account will expire soon and I'll need to renew. They do not host my website. They are listed under 15 different business names with the ACCC.
Life In Camelot
Life In CamelotVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC8 posts

Would give zero stars if possible!

Still waiting on a refund of $702 for a website we never received.

Customer service was appalling and I was told that the man in charge of our account was sacked because of his actions and I was also told that he actually deleted emails so that his actions would not be found.

I would tell anyone who listens not to spend a cent with this company.
And clearly you never get your money back!

Frank Burgo
Frank Burgo

Good Service

Helpful when ever you call for support and very friendly. Show reply
Daz
DazVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Waste of Money

Engaged Netregistry to build me a Website. Waste of money.
I had to literally give them, almost word for word the content.
What am I paying for? I hired myself and they uploaded what I gave them.
After multiple payments amounting to over 3900 and a 12month min subscription of 310 per month.
I had no improvement in sales.
Turns out they OUTSOURCED the whole thing.
But I found in Melbourne a website guy trustworthy CreativeBusinessMarketing that wrote a website from scratch including SEO ing and now have new customers calling me everyday.
Terri W.
Terri W.NSWRichmond-Tweed, NSW2 posts

Unprofessional and no integrity

They are so unprofessional! They havent follow the Act many times. Eg. They regularly avoid communicating with my proxy despite me nominating her as my proxy and she is also on the committee. They charge for mediation yet they didnt attend. They delayed our AGM yet managed to set their own general meeting to extend their contract despite 4/8 owners requesting an AGM and motion to change companies. So many more examples! I would never choose STM.
Woodsta
WoodstaQueensland6 posts

fwsoro
fwsoroQLDNorth Queensland, QLD

Setting up emails

I can never set up my email on a new computer or android phone. Its always a hastle.
Andrew
AndrewQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Scam artist

Will charge you money on auto renews you never agree too. Hid the renew so you don't even realise. Reason there is 700+ bad reviews. Do not use this company.
NandK
NandK7 posts

What a nightmare!!!

Feeling very ripped off. Just got $51.95 taken out of our account for a domain name we haven't even used for 2 years and would not have renewed had we known. When we questioned them apparently we had "auto renew" on. News to us. We've been told auto renew is now off and we have requested to close the account. Hopefully that happens. Not happy at all!

After I posted this review someone from Netregistry sent me a private message offering to help. However, after a couple of emails back and forth the accounts department still refuse to refund our $51.95 . They could - they just won't.

Netregistry   DM

Hello Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback and I would like to apologize for the experience you have had. I have sent you a direct message to see what I can do to turn this experience around.

Customer Advocacy
Ly

Zane K.
Zane K.ACTCanberra 2600, ACT2 posts

Pathetic

I have had to deal with this business for way too many years now. Don't not use them. I have been billed for domains I do not legally own (requires ABN) and told the charge is correct when challenged, looking to take it to ACCC. They keep showing other people's credit cards on my account (total PCI compliance failure).
Daniel R.
Daniel R.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Paul
Paul2 posts

Omg How hard is it to bill someone

So my service was suspended for non-payment. Billing details were correct and funds were available. Cool, thanks for leaving me without service. Oddly enough I have used them before and have had a few similar billing errors occur in the past. Really don't have the time to fix their errors. Cancelled service, never again.
Simon P.
Simon P.83 posts

Disaster payment

Netregistry payment services are a total disaster. Paid the renewal of my two websites privacy services on 7th August(8days ago!), and despite my bank account being debited, when I logged into their console today(8days after my payment), it says that I still need to pay for renewals! That’s not all, they have debited 3 times the same amount instead of 2! For those who don’t know, the activity of Netregistry is fully online services, therefore you would thought their own online payment services are up to scratch, wouldn’t you?
Sands
SandsVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If I could give a 0 I would

Absolutely terrible customer service! I have been trying to sort out issues with my account for over 3 days and still no resolution. My email has been suspended and unless I pay for a early subscription they will not reactivate it. Mind you the early subscription amount of $109.45 is showing as pending from my account from Netregistry. In the meantime I could be loosing business as we speak because I can’t get to my emails. They cancelled my domain name (even though I was paid up for 2 years and have only had it for 1 year) and can not give me a reason why this happened. If I had not checked, I would not have known. I am so stressed and they are not helping me at all!
Marty C.
Marty C.QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD13 posts

Worse company I've dealt with

Poorly trained staff who provide false information and don't follow through on what they promise, which cause loss and damages the small Australian business. Look at all the one-star reviews, this is the real feedback of your company, and management needs to have an honest review on how you've viewed int the marketplace.

FaRa
FaRa

wow! I literally just paid for my very first domain name in my life with Netregistry. As soon as I made the payment, I received an email for login details. I clicked on login button to use the provided Account Reference and Password and login. The button click took me to a login page where the first thing I see is: Your session has expired".

I cannot even login. It makes me wonder and worried. Have I picked a good provider?!! should I buy hosting as well? Or just keep the domain name and get other products from other providers? The reviews are scary. I can see people have been complaining about their emails or websites being down for days. Netregistry better have compensated them for the loss due to website/email down time. Just wow!

Netregistry   DM

Hi FaRa, I am sorry to hear that the login link failed to work !

Have you been able to contact our customer support team via phone or live chat?
I am also happy to look into this fi you can provide the domain name?

Stef

Peter C.
Peter C.

What does ... An error occurred while sending mail: The mail server sent an incorrect greeting: Cannot connect to SMTP server 54.79.2.104 (54.79.2.104:587), connect error 10060 mean? Trying to get help from NetReg but to no avail. Unable to send emails at this time

Netregistry   DM

Hi Peter, I would like to assist you with your email issue, can you please provide me with your domain name and a support case.

Stefanie

andrew

Can anybody provide the snail mail address for the Chairman of the Board of Directors please.

I'm not interested in discussing the problem with any company representatives, as Ive wasted enough time trying to do that before (simply trying to give them $$ - yeah I know - I a hopeful fool)

Karen H.
Karen H.

WOW! 3 months & still no response... they obviously don’t want all of these frustrated customers bombarding the chairman or B.O.D. With ALL of these complaints!

slowshuffler78
slowshuffler78

It’s like banging your head against a brick wall ! I’ve been trying since June to work out issues where they blatantly ripped us off. I think the only choice is going to the ombudsman

andrew

$19.50 gets the details (including the home addresses) of all office bearers :)
Registered Post starts at $5.20 (with proof of delivery & $100 compensation limit) :))

Very effective and provides proof of delivery by a third party.

Extra Information