NJB

NJBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unauthorised charge on credit card.

Despite having cancelled my service in March 2019 (huge drama to even to do that!!) They have now charged a “renewal” fee nearly a year later, to my credit card. The people on the phone agreed I could not receive a renewal notification to an email address that no longer exists. But insisted they couldn’t simply stop (it’s still in pending status) the charge or refund.

Apparently it will go to someone in “premium” for “consideration” of refund. NOT HAPPY.

Customer Advocacy ..Netregistry

Can't find my domain, can't edit DNS settings, appalling service

I was migrated over to Netregistry a couple of years ago after they bought my domain provider. Since then they have 'lost' my domain registration a number of times which has resulted in me having 'lost' many frustrating hours on the phone to their support team (which includes being hung up on a lot). Whenever it is resolved they don't make the change permanent, so I have to go through this again and again and again. And now they seem to have introduced something where you can't edit your DNS settings without paying for a separate Domain Manager service. Um, no. I am switching somewhere else ASAP.

Peeved
Peeved

Peter C.Sydney, NSW

Very disappointing with no resolution

Been with Netreg since AOL closed, now that is a long time. First the emails stopped working, the fix was to use my ISPs address, then I could not access my own websites/shopping cart. Now the emails are again not coming in. Will look at another provider, this has now gone past an acceptable service.

Malchizedec

MalchizedecSydney

Wow, how a company has fallen

not recommended

I have about 12 Domain names registered with Net Reg and am completely over the service and trying to speak to someone in Australia.

I understand the guys in the Philippines are trying to do their best but unfortunately are very limited to what they can say or do. I'm moving over to another provider.

Full Pay No Service

OnkyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

More interested in money than providing a service

I have just renewed my email with netregistry and despite 5 phone calls with people in the philippines that can't speak English I still don't have email. Today I have called three times and each time I wait in a queue only to be disconnected when I'm next.

Netregistry is absolutely shocking.

Faina SSydney, NSW

Credit card charge without permission

I was their customer for 15 years, then closed my business and cancelled email address.. 6 months later I noticed that they charged my credit card without even letting me know(( when I objected they said it was unrefundable.. and I can’t even cancel my account with them as the old email address no longer exists((( very disappointing how customer loyalty is ‘rewarded’

Faina S

Thank you, Hannah, for contacting me and I would appreciate your help.
Look forward to hearing from you
Faina

NimaliCherrybrook

Very unprofessional, no responses to emails, no refunds and very cheap service

wised.com.au - domain name

You can find information on invoice number 13874032 and 13845679

Amy

AmySydney, NSW

Cant stop automatic renewal and no refunds!!!

Customer Advocacy ..Netregistry

Extremely poor service, failure to acknowledge a problem and charged when not due.

Our site was hacked in November and trying to get them to rectify impossible. Kept directing us to our web designer but they were it. Initial cost included 3 years hosting but charged year one and had to get a refund. Now charged in January when current 3 year term does not expire until August. Trying to get refund but keep getting the run around.

Customer Advocacy ..Netregistry

Netregistry worst server admin support

As a website designer I have discovered that Netregistry after 10 days still cannot address the php upgrade and eventually advice received is that they have to actually migrate the whole website to a server which is running the latest version of php. Worst experience I have had with this company to deal with. After numerous long waits (many over 50 minutes), it is obvious resources and skills are limited. There is no local contact person in Australia. When I asked to talk to Management, I was given the courteous explanation, it was not possible to talk to anyone in Sydney. As I live in Sydney, I am lost for words.

Jason

JasonHunter Region, NSW

If I could give them less than 1 star I would

Over billed, terribly slow internet speeds for the site and then after cancelling and spending an hour on the phone i was told the next that I had to send in a letter with the company letterhead asking for the cancelation. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Tal

TalPerth, WA

unhappy

Awaiting a response from Netregistry for a refund. Their service is misleading and live chat was not helpful and would not refund. Be careful with this service. I will update if I get a response...

Our Waldorf

Our WaldorfGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor service with no regards to clients

Don L.

Don L.South East Queensland, QLD

6 weeks of disaster

They have the nerve to send me an email to comment on their service. I have had to purchase a new domain and now using Godaddy. What a pleasure to deal with. We will be migrating away from them.
This is the only way we could get emails to work. The website is a joke. Wrong phone numbers..

Misleading and terrible service

Thought I'd bought a domain name but turns out I bought some backorder service. This was not clear at the time of purchase. I rang them when I did not get the email I was supposed to and they told me I could not get a refund as it was in there terms and conditions. Rang back and was told the same again. The way their Cart Items are displayed is very misleading. Do not use these liars and cheats.

Carl D.

I don't want another domain name and if I did I would go elsewhere. What I do want is a refund for the payment I've made.
I've never seen a company with a rating of 1.3 stars, does that tell you something about how you do business?

poss

posssapporo

Incompetence At The Highest Level

It is in conceivable how difficult it has been/is to merely reregister our domain name for another two years. From having to provide a host of what would appear irrelevant information, to Netregistry losing documents, requiring more documents at each interaction and not being advised at each stage that they decided for some reason they would decline the reregistration??!! It is merely an existing domain and requires paying some more money. This organisation is completely incompetent on every front.

Sofia19

Sofia19Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unable to explain duplicate charges on account- won't refund

Their service has slipped significantly over the past two years. I have been charged for the same service twice for the past two years- no-one in 'support' can actually explain why. The last time I contacted for support for assistance, it took them (I kid you not) four weeks to reply to my query. I had to speak to three different people tonight to try and make sense of the double-billing, still no clarity or information.

Currently searching for a new service provider who has staff who can explain their services and billing. Cannot trust them after this betrayal. Hundreds of dollars overcharged.

Ongoing emails issues for 9 weeks

My sent emails have been going to spam for 9 weeks, the only response I get is that my case has been escalated to a senior technician but no solution has been offered. They implied it was only me domain but it looks like this is a much larger issue. It’s cost my business so much time and money I’m at a complete loss at what to do!

andrewasked

Can anybody provide the snail mail address for the Chairman of the Board of Directors please.

I'm not interested in discussing the problem with any company representatives, as Ive wasted enough time trying to do that before (simply trying to give them $$ - yeah I know - I a hopeful fool)

Karen H.
Karen H.

WOW! 3 months & still no response... they obviously don’t want all of these frustrated customers bombarding the chairman or B.O.D. With ALL of these complaints!

slowshuffler78
slowshuffler78

It’s like banging your head against a brick wall ! I’ve been trying since June to work out issues where they blatantly ripped us off. I think the only choice is going to the ombudsman

andrew

$19.50 gets the details (including the home addresses) of all office bearers :)
Registered Post starts at $5.20 (with proof of delivery & $100 compensation limit) :))

Very effective and provides proof of delivery by a third party.

Keepprivate

Keepprivateasked

how do I edit my review?

Hi,

The link below includes instructions on how to edit your review: https://support.productreview.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/203909226-Can-I-edit-my-review-or-change-my-rating-

However, please be aware that reviews that have been responded to cannot be edited, as per ProductReview policy. If you need to add anything to your review you can leave additional comments.

Thanks,
Aaron

Justine

Justineasked

HI I am going to be using WIX as my wed site builder and I believe there is a special code required between link ing wix to net registry. Can you update me on the requirements? Please. Thanks!

Hi Justine,

All you will need to do to link your domain to your Wix site modify your DNS records. The article listed below contains more information on how to do so:

Hope this answers your question!

Thanks,
Aaron

Get an answer from our members and Netregistry representatives