Norton Anti-Virus

Norton Anti-Virus

See the Best Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Norton Anti-Virus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Mackay
MackayCentral Queensland, QLD

I have been with Norton Now I have changed

This is why I have changed I want the right to be able to pay when I want to Quote By subscribing, you are purchasing a recurring subscription which will automatically renew after the first term.

Purchased in November 2019 at eBay for $49.00.

Wm333
Wm333

don't waste your money

I have subscribed to Nortons for many, many years. I read a NY Times Wirecutter article stating that the Windows 10 Defender product is better and free and already on PCs and to save your money. I had recently renewed my Nortons subscription and rang and asked for a pro rata refund. They advised that their policy is they don't give refunds outside their grace period. I asked to speak to a supervisor. Not available.

Purchased in May 2021 for $79.99.

Ben W
Ben WSouthwest, VIC

Deceptive company

Self installed on my pc without permission. Must have piggybacked the install file on an update or something. Underhanded business practice, if their ethical compass says this is ok I'd hate to think what else theyre doing and I 100% would not trust their program to protect my computer.

Pollster
PollsterSouth East Queensland, QLD

The worst customer service experience I have ever had!

Fear mongering and constant upsell popups have gone spammy beyond imagination.

Paid for a full year's licence yet it pesters me with daily upsell advertising and slows my system down into the stone age. Intrusive fear mongering pop-ups like "Are you online? Your personal information could be exposed?" Really? Why did I buy Norton then? Oh, right, you want me to buy Norton VPN. Can't wait for my current subscription to end.

Purchased in August 2020 for $239.00.

Worst customer support I have ever encountered.

Spoke to a technical support worker who wasted an hour of my time. Then assured me that I'd get a phone call in 24-48 hours from someone who can help. Phone call never came. I continued to have serious breaches to my computer's security. I called back after 3 days of not hearing anything. Spoke to same person who said there were no notes on my case file (her fault) and refused to transfer me to her supervisor. Said she'd arrange a 'callback' again for the manager and whoever can help me with my major security issues. Just pathetic. Waste of money.

Purchased in January 2020.

Poor customer support and performance for what was supposed to be a premium product

Purchased in January 2019.

Peter C
Peter CCentral Queensland, QLD

Got it with a 28 free trial on my new computer and was thinking about using it?

I have previously had problems (about 5 years ago) with Norton charging my credit card for a subscription to a service I had cancelled three times previously (each year I would cancel the because they kept charging my credit card) I would get a refund each time but it was a huge Hassel. I ended up cancelling that credit card account altogether. I received a 28 day trial of Norton Security Ultra with my new PC and was thinking about giving them another go. But after reading these reviews I can see they haven't changed a bit. Uninstall in progress, Thanks for your comments, it looks like you have saved me a world of pain :)

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Lori
LoriSouthern and Hills, SA

Norton 360 Premium

Found this product to be unstable and unreliable on Mac.
Very poor customer service.
Persevered for over two weeks in the hope of Norton addressing the problem but gave up in disgust.
I will NEVER return to this product.

Purchased in February 2021.

Gavin
GavinDarling Downs, QLD

Horrible product

I'm deeply regretful hat I bought the 3 year subscription plan and it's been impossible to get the product to work properly.
Tried to reach customer service but only got a bot that gave me a link to a reinstallation tool.
Utterly useless. Wish I had read these reviews first!

Purchased in February 2021 for $180.00.

Pd off big time
Pd off big timeSUNSHINE

Never subscribed and continually get emails saying it has expired- ANNOYING

I have never subscribed to norton yet get several emails a day saying this is my last warning it has expired. I have tried to unsubscribe and can’t. An invasion of privacy. Disgusting way to conduct a business.

Michelle
MichelleSydney, NSW

Deleted and unsubscribed but so many emails!

I decided to uninstall Norton as it’s too expensive and I’m wary of their lock-in subscriptions. Since then (over a month) I’ve received URGENT and WARNING emails everyday telling me to sign up. I’ve got other protection. I don’t need this. I’ve unsubscribed 6 times. I’ve tried to email but it bounces back. Just stop already! Now I’m googling how to get them to stop! So annoying.

FoxBearSydney
FoxBearSydneySydney, NSW

Discrimination against deaf and elderly customer - scam company - reported to ACCC

Purchased in January 2020.

Max
Max

Try getting in contact with them-not easy!!

I tried to cancel my subscription by going to their website. It takes you about 20 clicks to get in contact with a "live" help person. Even when you click on "Chat to us" or" local customer service number", you dont get through. Really deceitful.
They of course try and talk you out of cancelling, answer like you're just having trouble with installation etc. I had to be so blunt about cancelling, and then suprise suprise you do have a 60 day window to cancel (you don't see that on their website)
Its interesting that a company that sells cyber security seems so shonky...go MacAfee

Purchased in April 2021 for $99.00.

JCGC
JCGCHunter Region, NSW

Norton support non existent

NORTON offer 24/7 technical support for Norton 360 products but they don't deliver. I have been waiting over three weeks for assistance to fix a problem. And this follows four phone calls with 1hr 55 minutes wait time to speak with an assistant. Poor service! Absolutely disgusting!

Purchased in September 2020.

Read more reviews - page 2

Marew
Marewasked

IS there a physical Australian postal address where I can send a complaint to Norton? A post office box would do.

Barko67
Barko67asked

I have recently installed Norton 360 Premier on an older laptop which previously had Trend micro (with no problems), but now every time I shut down or sleep the laptop on restarting or resuming the clock has reset to when the computer was initially set up in 2008. Does this happen to anyone else and how do I fix it?

gerry161
gerry161

Most likely you CMOS battery is dead, that keeps your date and time and trickle charges when the PC/Laptop is switched on. However they do have a shelf life, 5 to 10 years. They can be bought on the internet but some are not easy to locate as they can be tucked away.