• Timeliness
  • Rates and Fees

Imran

ImranGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Workmanship

Recently got two windscreens replaced and none were installed properly. Staff stepped on Side trims to gain access to top of windscreen. Opportunity was given second time to re-fit screen and to resolve issue but this time screen was installed further downwards. Windscreen was not seated to frame panels. A staff member had rude attitude which was unacceptable and there was not justification to it. Be careful guys when you deliver your vehicle on site then see the fitment by yourself...

Job Satisfaction
Leanne McKane

Leanne McKaneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Plumber

Great service with professional attitude and showed up when they said they would. Very quick to have a solution for our problem. Pricing was very reasonable for the work completed.

Alan Cahill

Alan CahillMelbourne

Shop around for alternative quotes

Franchise UsedEpping 3076, Whittlesea, Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC, AU

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Poor Workmanship

Franchise UsedMoorebank 2170, Liverpool, Sydney, NSW, AU
Rogerson 21

Rogerson 21Sydney, NSW

Call Around For Alternative Quotes - Scammers

Judging by my experience (and the experience of other reviews here) the entire OBrien sales teams tactic is to massively overquote and hope the average consumer doesn't do any further research. They will use whatever excuse matches your car ('too old', 'newer model', 'its european, the parts are rare') to tell you why it costs so much and attempt to justify....

Then when you call a local repairer you'll soon find out its often 50% cheaper =)

Practices like this is why salespeople have a bad name and damage the entire industry at whole. Queue the customer service/marketing rep below trying to explain away yet another example of exorbitant pricing, let me guess, it was another 'pricing error'

????

Franchise UsedWiley Park 2195, Canterbury, Sydney, NSW, AU

Really helpful, courteous and efficient service

I wanted to say a big thank you to Nicole who answered my call and was so friendly and helpful for my urgent call on Good Friday eve night and for Reece or Chris who came out to replace the driver side window in complete darkness at midnight. My partner and I are so grateful as our other car had broken down the day before and thanks to you both, we were able to still visit family (who are hours away) on Good Friday and the rest of Easter. Very much appreciated.
Colin
Job ref: J13285713

Franchise UsedGreensborough 3088, Banyule, Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC, AU
crikeyimtrueblue

crikeyimtrueblueRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Asked for quote.. never received one.. Tweed Heads

Tweed Heads branch...Asked for quote.. man was here only a couple of minutes... very quick.. week later and still waiting for quote.. no communication whatsoever.. even left without talking to us...this was an urgent job due to medical reasons... not good enough..

VickyNorthern Region, NSW

Disgusting and downright scary behaviour

I had a disgraceful experience yesterday at the Tamworth branch. When I arrived to collect my vehicle, with the job to be invoiced directly to my lease company, the "man" at reception repeatedly told me I was wrong, withheld my car keys, and told me he would call the Police if I tried to take my vehicle.
He was very quick to blame his colleagues for telling me the wrong information about paying for the job, stating he "couldn't do it" when I continually asked him about invoicing my lease company. He refused to check what he was doing however eventually he realised I was a different customer and gave me my keys.
Absolutely disgraceful and pretty scary behaviour from a supposedly trustworthy company.

Franchise UsedTamworth Regional, Northern Region, NSW, AU

MarkPerth, WA

Dishonest salesman

I rang windscreens O'brien a few days ago for a quote to replace my tailgate glass on my Falcon wagon.
I was firstly told as it was an older model car and that they are rare and it would be expensive.
The quote came back at $650 and I was told there was only one left in Perth and that I should book it in straight away.
I ended up having the job done for $280 through a smaller company who informed me that all 3 suppliers in Perth had the tailgate glass available.
I'll never use windscreens O'brien again after experiancing there dishonest and pushy sales approach!

Franchise UsedPerth, WA, AU

Leanne

Leanne

Excellent work

We had solar put in and are thrilled with the result ! From the first contact to the guys that did the installation they were fantastic ! Very professional ! The best tradies I have every had work on our house ! Clean , neat , hard working guys ! Thank you for a great service ! We would be happy to refer you to any new customer ! 5 star review

Donna R.

Donna R.North Queensland, QLD

Leaking Glass

back window leaked badly for months flooding my car and sending my seats mouldy as I keep them folded up , rang to have them shampoo it after they replaced it , still waiting for the manager to ring back 2 days later

Franchise UsedTownsville, North Queensland, QLD, AU

Customer service is shocking

Had the chip on my car fixed and given a lifetime warranty on it, the chip cracked even more in the week after being fixed. Called 3 times and left messages as phones were busy as the voice record said. No return call. Ended up paying someone else. Should of been a free replacement of windscreen

Franchise UsedPerth, Perth, WA, AU

Takes the money and run

Booked 3 home window replacements and paid deposit. Agreed by phone with them on day and time. Took time off work but they never came. Had to chase them and said they were there a day before. Was going to take another week before they could come again.
Home not secure or safe for 4 year old. Was offered immediate replacement if I paid for after hours service. Unreal!
Got another person to replace windows next day and saved $800.00 odd dollars. Now I can’t get my deposit back. Told them it was done by another but still they try to book me again to do a job that someone else did. Poor service and excuses and will never use their services for anything.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Misogyny is alive and well at O'Brien

Was quoted $840 to have my Mitsubishi ASX windscreen replaced by a pushy salesman who used high pressure sales techniques to try and frighten me into an immediate purchase. "You must have been terrified when your windscreen cracked. They make such a loud noise, don't they. I bet your heart was racing."

When I said that i wasn't expecting such a high price, he put me on hold so he could 'talk to the local operator and try to get a better price'. Next minute, he quoted me $640.

Had my windscreen replaced through another company and only paid $495.

Tried to find an email for complaints but none listed on their website.

Franchise UsedRoxburgh Park 3064, Hume, Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC, AU
Matt

Matt Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Efficient and prompt attention

O'Brien Electrical were prompt in addressing the task of replacing a noisy fan and moving a power point to a more suitable place to address our cooking options.
The trades person was polite, pleasant and efficient.

Gary

GarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Scammers - look elsewhere

called to get a quote for the ute - it started at $890. went to 790 after objecting to the price. Then to $750. But there was more to come, if you are still not happy they will call back ???????
Clearly trying to milk every cent!!!
I got the job done for $298 by NOVUS - same guarantee.

Franchise UsedOrmeau Hills 4208, Gold Coast, South East Queensland, QLD, AU

Advice from our 8 year old on our road trip to Queensland

We had our widescreen cracked on a road trip up to Queensland and son age 8 from the back seat yelled out we need to call "O O O"Brien's" they would be proud their slogan had made such an impact. Have no idea what other company does windscreens. So we called O'Brien's, great service.

Franchise UsedCarlton 3053, Melbourne, Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC, AU
O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Jan, that's awesome - thanks for sharing!! Hope you'll see us again in case you need another vehicle glass service. Regards, Dana

Rose

Contacted O'Briens for windscreen quote for 11 year old Nissan X trail, nothing fancy just glass. There was a 3 week wait and quote was $700. Another company did the job the next day for $295 to our satisfaction
Shop around

Franchise UsedElwood 3184, Port Phillip, Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC, AU
Rose

O’Briens feedback suggests this is not an isolated incident.

Brett W.

Brett W.Far North Queensland, QLD

Still under repair

Had windscreen replaced on my MR Triton GLS. They did not have resources to complete the job properly so car was also booked into dealership. Took 2 days to get the car back and was informed sensors had not been refitted correctly. I'm still having issues with sensors out of calibration/ alignment a month later and after 3 visits to the dealership I still get random warning signals and wipers that do not work correctly... The car was less than 12 months old and less than 13000km. Now it's annoying to drive..The installer was good but I believe the product is sub standard.

Franchise UsedAyr 4807, Burdekin, North Queensland, QLD, AU
Mitesh Makwana

Mitesh MakwanaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unprofessional job done

Franchise UsedBraeside 3195, Kingston, Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC, AU

Cateasked

O'Brien

O’Brien, why don’t you be honest and transparent and change your policy about telling customers about installing after market windscreens? Why should we have to specifically ask you for a genuine one that is covered by our insurance? How are we supposed to know about aftermarket ones if you don’t let us know??? Are the insurance companies paying you bonuses?? That would be an interesting investigation! And stop telling us about how your aftermarket ones are the same quality, can’t you tell from all the feedback they are not!!! Another deceived customer, with an aftermarket screen that is so distorted and not sealed properly!!!

Minty3
Minty3

So it’s not just me that had this experience
And they tried to tell me that it was my car a new Subaru that was the problem

Cate

Hey Minty3, go thru all the feedback, no not just you, complain and voice your case.

Snpasked

O'Brien

O’Brien recommended to replace my Mazda windscreen and said everything is covered part of my insurance. I was very happy and said yes. But they didn’t tell me it would be a aftermarket xyg glass. I realised this after one of the car repairer pointed to me by saying this is a aftermarket windscreen.
I think I have been cheated by O’Brien by hiding the fact to me.
Don’t you think now O’Brien should replace my windscreen to genuine Mazda free of cost for not telling me the replacement windscreen is not going to be genuine Mazda?
If not to whom I can escalate this?

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi there, O'Brien® uses glass sourced from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. Glass sourced by O'Brien® complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Upon request, in some cases we can also fit original manufacturer glass however as your windscreen replacement was covered by insurance; if you have any questions regarding the specifics of your policy we recommend you speak directly with your insurance company. Regards, Nicole

Snp

Hi Obrien, Just for your information. I came to your centre directly with the hope that you will recommend which is best for my car. I had booked an appointment and paid for the chip repair in advance but your technician suggested to go with insurance. He took my policy details and checked in his system and told me everything is covered and I don't need to pay anything for the replacement windscreen. But why did not he tell me, the replacement windscreen is going to be an aftermarket one but not original Mazda?
Do not you think, it is misleading or deceptive conduct by your technician?
If he could have told me then I would have just repaired or should have asked him to go with original windscreen instead of aftermarket product.

Cate

Hey SNP I agree very deceptive. Going thru a similar issue!! Got a generic Chinese import instead of genuine Skoda windscreen. Was told I needed to ask for that. Chinese one cost $894 and all distorted and not sealed properly as wind coming in! Cate

Mark Furmston

Mark Furmstonasked

O'Brien

I am about to replace a windscreen in my Ford Focus RS. Will the windscreen be an OEM calibre or a cheaper aftermarket product. I have been stung with this before and noticed that cabin noise increases and the aftermarket products can be missing the plastic laminate layer that OEM windscreens possess.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Mark, as mentioned below, aftermarket glass sourced by O'Brien is from reputable manufacturers and presents with all the same specifications and features as your original windscreen. It also complies with all the Australian safety and design requirements. Subject to availability, you can also request OEM glass. If you have any further questions, our customer service consultants will be happy to discuss.

Get an answer from our members and O'Brien representatives