1.5

11% · 433 · 87%

Scott
ScottSydney, NSW

Mould stains and fingerprints

We put ComfortPlus glass in our new home 12yrs ago.

Despite being cleaned with either vinegar or ammonium free cleaner you cannot get the fingerprints out nor the mould stains. It seems to be the ComfortPlus windows that get excessive mould and have done for years while other windows without it do not.

We have windows spotted with mould stains and fingerprints, extremely costly to replace but cannot afford to do, a mistake I’ll never repeat. Show details

Stephen Sydney

Surface Maintenance ProSydney, NSW4 posts

Pete
Pete5 posts

Impossible to clean

The coating does not only scratch easily, it is impossible to clean. I spent days and all sorts of methods and products but the coating is just a rough dirt magnet. Those windows have been the biggest mistake in our new built house. Show details
Ross
Ross

Great product, highly recommended

Our friends recommended ComfortPlus glass to us about 10 years ago. The glazier who installed it told us he has it in his house. He also told us how to clean it correctly. Most people do not know how to clean this glass properly which is obvious from negative reviews below.
The outside surface can be cleaned with any window cleaning product. For cleaning the inside widow surface is best to use a mixture of one part of vinegar with ten parts water.
We are very satisfied with this glass it does everything it should to do. I recommend this glass to everybody. Great product and value for money.
Raheel IrfanSydney, NSW9 posts

Terrible

Where do I start. 8 months only. This is brand new house. I have windows and glass frames 3m X 2.4m and 3m X 5.5m and some small windows. All commercial. In the past 8 months 7 of my windows already broke without even a hint of impact.

The crack starts from the bottom and then gradually makes it way to the rest of the window. I have contacted Viridian yet since Trend windows is replacing. But considering the amount of money paid for these and this outcome. Don't understand how are they still in business.

Stay away from this glass. Show details

David B.
David B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst glass ever made

This product is cheap nasty rubbish,that builders use to pass the energy rating at low cost.

The internal coat is metallic oxide and cannot be cleaned properly. If you leave fingerprints on it for a day or two you can consider them part of the glass as they won’t come off.

In sunlight this glass looks absolutely disgusting. Window cleaners cannot use a squeegy on this glass so expect to pay a small fortune to have them attempt to clean it

judy mcleod
judy mcleodHunter Region, NSW

terrible comfort glass

I am very very disappointed with Comfort glass from Viridian.

It has dreadful marks on the glass which cannot be cleaned off by professional window cleaners. my house is on the beach with many wide windows.. You can imagine what the windows look like in a house like this!!

I suspect the manufacturers, Viridian are aware of the problem as too many people have complained!! Why is nothing being done to correct this problem?

People need to be aware of the genuine complaints. Show details

Sharlene M.
Sharlene M.Perth, WA5 posts

Has anyone made a complaint with VIRIDIAN? Spots on ComfortPlus - impossible to remove

Having read all the previous reviews, it's with a heavy heart that I have say I have had the same issues of smears and spots that won't budge, despite using all recommended cleaning products/chemicals. I have a 3 story house filled with this glass! I can't even imagine how much it would cost to replace. I will be making a complaint and I will post the response from Viridian. Unfortunately my glass installer (Shelley Glass in Perth) is not operating anymore so that means no come-back from that avenue either. Show details
Alex C.
Alex C.2 posts

Very Bad Product !!!

Very disappointed with this Comfort Plus glass on my new windows. They look very dirty even after detailed cleaning. On few windows appears purple (rainbow like) stains and cannot be removed. The cleaning with the approved ammonia free cleaning products doesn't helps. Definitely WILL NOT recommend this glass to anyone else Show details
Liz
Liz

worst product in my house

We were required to use this glass to meet basix requirements and cannot believe its very poor thermal properties. The glass definitely becomes overheated and makes the interior of our house unbearably hot in summer . I would never recommend this product .
Tim8Deb
Tim8DebSouth-Eastern Region, NSW3 posts

Luke
Luke

Horrible!!

As a window cleaner this glass is a nightmare!
Home owners also hate it once they have it installed and can’t clean it properly .
Looks terrible in sunlight.
I’ve started saying no to jobs that have this glass as it’s a complete headache to work with and never looks clean once it’s been allowed to get dirty.
Scratches so easy also!

Frequently Asked Questions about Oceania Glass ComfortPlus

How do I raise a warranty claim regarding my glass?

The glass itself is only one part of your window system. For any issues with your window or glass the chain of recourse must begin with your window glazier or fabricator. They purchase the glass on your behalf from your glass processor. Therefore, they need to inspect the issues, and raise the issue directly with the glass processor for further investigation.

There are some marks on my glass, how can I remove them?

ComfortPlus does not clean like ordinary glass. It requires special cleaning, particularly the coated side of the glass on the interior. It is also imperative the coated side of the glass is installed to the interior of the home.

Your fabricators and glass processors would have comprehensive instructions to support construction, care, cleaning and handling of the glass. Please contact them directly or visit their website.

Are there specific cleaning instructions for ComfortPlus?

If you suspect marks have arisen from construction or installation, please contact your installer/builder for inspection or advice.

What are some of the characteristics of ComfortPlus glass I should be aware of before purchasing?

ComfortPlus contains a formulated interlayer which offers 99% UV protection, and a Low E coating which provides added insulation compared to standard glass.

Latest Consumer Questions

Adam from Hobart
Adam from Hobart

Dear Viridian Glass - around 9 years ago we had Comfort Glass fitted to an extension to our house. On inspection it has now developed a series of 'growths' on the membrane/glass interface - it looks very crystalline in nature and appears to be spreading. Its not easily visible from the inside of the house but is very noticeable from the outside. Its obviously something to do with the glass coating during manufacture and looks to be the membrane coating breaking down - it is not creating any detectable lump in the membrane and from the spread of the 'growth rings ' it looks to be grouped in such a way that it was caused during manufacture. Has Viridian had reports of this issue before ? And how do we go about getting a rep from Viridian to view the issue. Cheers - Adam from Hobart

Shane L.

Hi, we are building a new home with a project home builder and basics has told us we need Comfort Glass & It is to be double glazed in the areas where it is to be installed. Reading the reviews here it appears to be a product with significant problems. I would like to know if the product has been changed to address these issues? If not I will be looking for an alternative.

Randall

Is comfort plus laminated glass prone to thermal cracking, I have 2 windows 2400x2400 that have now cracked 10.38mm laminated only 1 year old.

Randall

So if a thermal assessment was done and my windows crack I should have full recourse on whoever specified the glass?

See all Oceania Glass ComfortPlus questions