Ozito LWE-1400

Ozito LWE-1400

See the Best Electric Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Peoples Advocate

Peoples AdvocatePerth, WA

Burned out

motor ceased up burned out never had our true value unfortunately. unable to find our receipt because unfortunately the print had faded. We will have to try our luck at Bunnings to see if they can give us a replacement.

Purchased for $150.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Grass Type Short grass

MagpieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trim,taut and terrific

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Occasionally
Grass Type Short grass

Priced a replacement blade: Ozito Dual Cut Edger Blade $18.87 at Bunnings

GDS

GDSSouthwest, VIC

Sadly my first one died - Great value going to buy another

Sadly first one died after 49 months, long after 36 month warranty.
Paid $129. Averaged $2 each time I used. Repair quote $160. Off to Bunnings to buy another for $99.

Purchased in May 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $129.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Grass Type Thick, heavy grass or weeds
Lukie

LukieLiverpool

Great edger for a Budget

Edger easy to use and Assemble, packaged simplistic and only 5 minutes tops assembly with the use of single Phillips head, surprisingly a very quite Edger. Very light in manufacture, my only grievance is that it is very unbalanced and will not stay upright by itself with out support it will lie down or topple over, other than that a breeze to use. Safety features simplistic.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Andrew WeeksSouth East Queensland, QLD

WARNING....

$99 gets you a flimsy machine that does the job. However, don't bother asking Bunnings for a replacement blade. They are a special order and worth more than half the cost of a new machine.
I'd recommend spending a little more on a machine that doesn't cost a fortune for spare parts.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Does the edges OK, but flimsy plastic parts break.

My brand spanking new electric edger lasted less than 10 minutes, before the upper section of the handle pulled out of the flimsy el-cheapo plastic connectors that held the top and bottom sections of the handle together. Cannot fit it back together, because the plastic holding pins seem to have broken off.

What a let-down, as it seemed to be doing an OK job of edging.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

account_terminated_404

account_terminated_404South West, WA

Great edger for the everyday household

It's light and easy to use, even with the two-button-press safety operation. If you use it properly you will never have an issue with the edging. There is room for the handle to be strengthened a bit, as it feels somewhat on the flimsy side and twists a little when you're pushing it around. But it's really a non-issue - because the amount of times I edge my lawn in a month vs the price of the edger, I can put up with it :)

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Storm

StormIllawarra, NSW

Love it

Very powerful. Although gets a bit heavy after a while. Great cutting. Well made. Took me awhile to put together. But once done I was very happy. Great value for the price. Would expect to pay more for this product. So over all I'm impressed by it. Long warranty a bonus.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Graeme

GraemePerth, WA

Quick and effective edger

Been looking at 100m of Buffalo edge steadily getting worse. Hard work using spade so edger was purchased. Finding the edge was more difficult than using the machine. Did a terrific job. No waiting for motor to cool down.
Professional edge was created in minutes. Took longer to sweep up but very worthwhile.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Petey

Petey

Great Budget Edger

Well, I have retired from 30 years in Horticulture to my small residential block. I just purchased one of these from Bunnings and it works really well. For my limited purposes, as well as any other edger I have used or purchased for my staff. It gives a great edge along concrete for either couch of SL Buffalo turf. I managed to use it from either the concrete or turf side as well. Works backwards or forwards, I just ordered 2 more blades as they need a "Special Order" from Bunnings.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Aza

AzaNarangba, QLD

Simple and Safe! Makes trenches for xmas light cables perfecty!

Although great for edging driveways, my purpose is to make shallow trenches to bury.
It requires a middle buttom and the two handles triggers to start the motor. Will deactivate if the handles are let go. Then it needs to be retarted.

I go all out with Christmas lights and havings cords everywhere is just a disaster waiting to happen. Have only just bought this and it has saved hours of work with a shovel. Now I can trench all lawn cables with no effort at all. Best investment for the lights as of yet.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Gaz

GazStafford bunnings

Absolutely Crap House!

Wouldn't tear skin off custard! Absolutely GARBAGE! The rotation of the cutting edge goes anti clockwise for starters... FAIL! Can't adjust it. The belt started smoking after 30 seconds! The edges have been done many times before. Electrical was better, more grunt. I had a 35 year old trimmer that much better.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Kazdan

KazdanAdelaide

DONT BOTHER DONT BUY

I bought this edger instead of a whipper snipper
Being a female of mature age
I thought it would do a neater edge boy was I wrong.
Its very plastic the wheel on the edger is hopeless you have a control for different depths to trim
All I found was it dug into the dirt didn't make a nice edge at all
Machine keep going off on its on
Took back to bunnings got my money back
Would not recommend this edger

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

what a time saver!

From first use I found it takes a matter of seconds to trim edges that took me many times longer by roller trimmer or spade edge and easier and safer than trying to whippersnipper the edges. Wish I had had something similar years ago. Had no stoppages but then the 50m of edges only takes 2 or 3 minutes of actual trimming.

Date PurchasedDec 2016