JMB

JMBSydney, NSW

One-year turnaround on claims

I held two policies for about seven years and had a positive opinion of Petsure until last night. What happened last night? I received an email advising a claim I had submitted in November 2017 had been approved. Almost one year to the day. If it takes Petsure one day to approve claims I'm surprised it has any clients at all. Then, Petsure went on to advise me it would be deducting close to half of my payout because I was no longer a policy holder, even though I was a paid policy holder at the time I made the claim. I hit the roof.

PetSure C.PetSure

Good afternoon,I'm sorry to hear that you have not had a great experience. If you would like to PM your policy details, we will be happy to review this further. Thanks, Punni

JILLTEEQLD, 4300

Totally agree with all of these reviews would give them zero stars

J.warnerBrisbane

Complete waste

Found out the one time i make a claim in 3 years that they cover next to nothing including a basic visit to the vet. Save yourself from having to pay twice and don't go near any policy that has anything to do with petsure.

PetSure C.PetSure

Good Afternoon, im sorry to hear that you haven't had a good experience with us, if you can please provide your policy details I will be happy to have a member of our Resolution team contact you to discuss your concerns further. Nadine

J.warner

Feel free to send me a message so I can contact you but if all you’re going to offer me is a free month my opinion isn’t going to change

J.warner

So I take it you’re not actually interested in discussing anything you just want to appear to be doing something .

Julie MBrisbane

Terrible... shame I can’t give them a big fat 0

PetSure C.PetSure

Hi Julie, I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a great experience with us. If you could PM me your respective policy details I will be happy to look into this matter further for you. Thanks Nadine

PetSure C.PetSure

Hi Julie, I apologise as I'm unsure why you are unable to PM, I have sent you a PM if you can let me know from there. Thank you again. Nadine

Chris G

Chris G

DO NOT sign up to a pet insurance product that uses PetSure

PetSure C.PetSure

Hi Chris, thank you for your feedback and im sorry to hear that you have not had a great experience. If you would like to PM me your details I would be happy to review further. Thanks

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

Cancelled my Policy 3 months ago. Now they send Renewal Notice

Our cat passed away in August 2017. As per the T&C's I continued to pay premiums until the policy was due to expire and advised them that I would not be renewing. They acknowledged that.

Then 18 May 2018 I get a letter advising that the policy has been renewed and they are going to start taking money again from 27 May.

Apart from the fact that their systems are obviously failing and their staff are incompetent the distress caused by this reminder of the death of our beloved cat is disgraceful

Even for an Insurance company this is a low and disgusting act

MisheePerth

Don't take insurance out with these people

PetSure C.PetSure

Good Morning Mishee, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. If you could please provide your policy details via PM I will be happy to review further. Thanks Nadine

Mishee

Nadine, can you send me a PM so i can respond to it with my details as i dont see where i can send you a PM.

dianneMelbourne

Petsure...Pet Not So Sure!

PetSure C.PetSure

Good Morning Dianne, I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. If you could please provide your policy details via PM I will be happy to review further. Thanks Nadine

PetsureNO

PetsureNOAustralia

There's no option for no stars, why isn't there an option for no stars?

Stay well clear of any Pet Insurance companies associated with Petsure and there are many, including the RSPCA and Medibank. Please if anyone knows of a good alternative please tell. I have a Petsure Insurance policy and they have manipulated my pet's medical records in order to invent what they call a pre-existing condition so as to refuse claims. Complained long and hard for 3 months the first time they tried this and only after contacting 'customer relations' was the matter resolved. Guess what? It's happened again. They have selected the information from a vet's report that supports their theory and refused my claim.

PetSure C.PetSure

Good Afternoon, im sorry to hear about your recent experience with Petsure, I have sent you a PM to confirm your policy details and we will be happy to help from there. Nadine

24 hour callback wait time if you are an existing customer

I just called to speak to someone about my policy, but was instantly told someone would call me back within 24 hours before I could say anything. Totally unacceptable in this day and age. After telling the operator that this wasn't acceptable, she put me on hold and never answered the call again.

Thankfully I was only calling about my policy, not about a claim - that would have made things much more stressful.
Keep this service in mind if you're considering joining. I am sure if I followed the menu to say I'm a new customer, looking to join, my call would be dealt with straight away.

PetSure C.PetSure

Hi Tom, im sorry to hear that you have not had a great experience with us and if you can PM me your policy details I can organise someone to contact you to discuss further. Thanks

Tom McGruther

There is no option to send you a private message - or at least one that i can see. I dont wish to publish my details publicly - please contact me directly via the details you have on your system.

Tom McGruther

I haven't received a follow up call or response yet, five days later?

Umi

UmiAU

They lie to get you on board

Gman

I'm not surprised to read such poor reviews!

After paying our pet insurance for 5 years and over $5,000 in premiums they refused to pay a small day surgery I was originally over the phone told was covered. Everyone I spoke to told me something different. They definitely do not take away the burden. I'm now going to put the $5,000 I paid into a savings account and start my own self managed fund as I know I will do the right thing when push comes to shove. Trust me, save yourself the heart ache and don't waste your time with these guys.

PetSure C.PetSure

Hi Glenn, Im sorry to hear that you haven't had a great experience. Please can I request for your policy details and we can look into further for you. Thank you

Gman

Tried that already! You guys just take money and refuse to pay. Not an ethical business I will use again.

PetSure C.PetSure

I am sorry to hear that Glenn, we are happy to look into your concerns further if you would like to provide further details

Great outcome

We recently made a claim for costs for our dogs allergy treatment, as expected they required significant level of detail from our vet. The entire process was completed within 4 days and out of costs of approximately $1000 they payed approximately $700 which was more than we expected.

PetSure C.PetSure

Hi Phil, we are glad to hear that everything went well and that we were able to assist. If there is anything else we can assist with or you have any questions please private message us. Thank you.

janet crew

janet crewgold coast

never again RSPCA nope PET SURE same thing.

PetSure C.PetSure

do NOT use Petsure! Bupa,RSPCA,Bowwowmeor all underwritten by it!!!!

Do you guys realize BUPA,RSPCA,Bowwowmeow all used Petsure as the underwritter????????
I have 2 dogs!
First one is with BOWWOWMEOW, I never get a cent back from the claim, all rejected!! I spent 3000 on my first dog! No claim successful!!
And then I got my second baby, I insured him with RSPCA!
I did not do any claim, but now I want to cancel the policy!
They talk to me about 30 minutes and then, what do i need to do? wirte an email and sign it!! then why dont you tell me at the beginning " we need sth in writing?'
Guys, please DO NOT USE any insurance underwritten by PETSURE, it sucks!!!!

Jephson.Inc

Jephson.IncNew Gisborne

Cannot fault this company

We have taken the highest possible options fir our two CKCSs and have had nothing but excellent service. My first claim for one very ill puppy was made after surgery during the werk before Anzac day this year. I put in my claim on a Saturday, Anzac day holiday on the Monday but the 80% refund was back in the bank by the Thursday. Could not ask for better. And it has continued to be the same ever since with multiple claims made. Excellent!!!

Maggie

MaggieSydney, NSW

Great Experience

I have had great experience with PetSure, purchased through Woolworths. When my 4year old greyhound developed a serious and rare illness which proved to be very hard and expensive to diagnose - x-ray, three region MRI, blood tests, etc. I received pre-approval within a couple of hours each time, as procedures were urgent. All staff were friendly, helpful and compassionate, and more that willing to go out of their way to ensure I got approval in the shortest possible time. Unfortunately my dog didn't make it, but I will use PetSure for my next pet.

LeePerth

Beware of porting policy between providers!

PetSure C.PetSure

Thank You for the feedback Lee. Can you please provide us with your Policy details so one of our Resolutions experts can contact you.
The PetSure Team

Lee

Hi, I have just replied privately - thanks for getting in touch...

Disgraceful

My insurance dates back to november 2010
Lodged my first claim for $65 last week and they have lost my claim form
Says it takes 2 weeks to be paid
Asked the question if my pet was seriously ill and needed 1000's in treatment and i did not have it in the bank what happens
They said bad luck
I said i should cancel my insurance and they said they would do it now
Greencross vets suggested them as the best insurance company
Wonder what they got out of it

Trish

TrishSydney, NSW

Don't bother - the vet billls are cheaper than the premiums!

I cancelled the policies for both my cats 6 weeks ago, and guess what? They continued to take premiums out of my bank account. My initial call was to someone in the Philippines who said she was unable to cancel but someone in Australia would call me in 5 days. That didn't happen so I called them again and they said the policy would be cancelled.It wasn't and the premiums were still being deducted. When I called them today they were still reluctant to cancel the policies and tried to convince me not to. At least I have a confirmation email and the promise of a refund for the overcharging. We'll see! These policies are administered by Medibank Private.

Peter G.

Peter G.asked

Will my dog be covered for IVDD?

JILLTEE

They will probably assess it on the basis of the breed and age of your fur baby some breeds are more succeptable to bone or spine problem and will also assess them on their age, if it is a young dog and you know their health history, they would i assume cover them,but there is so much fine print in these policies they can find something in the rules to try and deny, it is a very fine line and very hard to fight them if they deny your claim. i went thru months of stress with my boy thank god for great friends he is know a healthy and happy little man.
I hope you have more luck than I.

Dear Peter,
Thank you for your enquiry. IVDD is generally covered under the Illness section of the policy depending on the Level of Cover you choose, Please be advised there is a 30 days waiting period for Illness claims and also a pre-existing condition exclusion applies to conditions that have shown signs / symptoms within the applicable waiting periods or before the policy commencement date. Please note: IVDD is not covered under the Accidental Injury Section of the policy.
If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
Regards
Punni

jag

jagasked

I have had threats and continual claims you don't have my dog's history even though you have had every record since she joined at 8 weeks. It is a sort. John Gill
[email removed]

Am I able to transfer with all my details you have to another insurer because you have all my records. I am calling the ombudsman to start proceedings. You wait on the phone for hours, leave your number and don't get a callback. Over you PetSure

BOB T

BOB Tasked

Put my first claim in for $67.30 in 5 years
Can't find my claim
Policy no-otp11110/145000/01
Princess is the pet
Great service-there is none
When i complained the operator asked if i would like to cancel the policy
Have spent over$3000
Love a Australian to contact me
Bob Travers

Hi Bob,
Sorry to hear you have not had a great experience. I understand one of our Resolutions Experts has already spoken to you to resolve the issue and take on board your feedback. If you have any further concerns or questions please let us know.
The PetSure Team

Get an answer from our members and PetSure representatives

CategoryPet Insurance