Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP

Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP

Whitevaliant

WhitevaliantSydney, NSW

Return to sender!

Purchased in October 2019 at Blooms The Chemist for $1,350.00.

ELS

ELSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Machine!

I've had one of these for 2 or 3 years now and it's made a huge improvement to my life. It's the only one I've used so can't compare. I've traveled extensively with it too. Thanks Philips!

Purchased in July 2016 for $1,500.00.

Philips S.Philips

Piece of crap not worth the money way too loud

Piece of crap not worth the money way too loud.
The loaner machine I borrowed which was the older model was fine. It just sounded like a fan blowing this one revs up every time you breathe and I cant

Purchased in February 2019 at Snore shoo.

wiz1910

wiz1910Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Much noisier than thought

The machine seems to be pretty noisy, not what I was expecting in that regard. Anyone have any tips for reducing the noise at the machine?
I sometimes put it on the floor.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,200.00.

StuballSydney, NSW

This Machine is perfect for me!

Purchased in September 2019 at Level 1/49 Grosvenor st Woollahra NSW 2025 Australia for $1,599.00.

Humidifier keeps cracking and leaking water

Have had the machine for 1.5 years and on my 5th humidifier. Provider programmed all settings, humidifier cracks then leaks water all over the nightstand (ruined the stain on the wood and various books). So frustrated with this machine and being charged repeatedly for humidifiers...not one issue with my old Resmedin 11 years.

Purchased in November 2017.

Donna

DonnaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Horrendously expensive parts

My one star rating is for cost of parts. I have no complaints whatsoever with my Dreamstation and have been using it for around 3 years. I have however had to buy replacement parts for my dreamwear mask. The first was the small piece for under nose - over $90!! Today I have replaced the rubber and felt strap for the mask - another $90+. Philips, what is your justification for charging these exhorbitant prices??

Purchased in February 2016.

Noisy Cpap.

My CPAP has been very noisy as well as the first one I had. I have had two Philips CPAP Dream Stations and they were both noisy. The first one I had was a disappointment because of the nosise and the dirt debris I found inside the turbine. I took it apart and found crap in the turbine./Compressor. I replaced the filters on a timely basis as prescribed by Philipes and it still had dirt debris in it. I took it back to the VA but they said would send it back to Philips and it seems that they lost it. They did give me a new one .

Purchased in January 2017 at VA Administration.

Philips S.Philips

Difficulty sleeping due to machine getting louder over time

When I purchased this machine it worked really well & was very quiet. Over time it gradually gets louder which makes it very hard to sleep. I have even got to the point where I turn it off as it wakes myself & my wife. I’m very disappointed in this device. My brother purchased a different brand machine & it's very quiet. We both purchased approx 2 years ago.

Purchased in March 2017 for $1,600.00.

Way too Noisy

This machine is easily the noisiest machine on the market. The whiring noise coming from the motor keeps me awake. Took it to the medical supply company that supplied it and their answer, CPAPs make noise.

Purchased in August 2017 for $1,000.00.

Rebekah

RebekahWheatbelt, WA

The worst experience with CPAP Dreamstation machine.

Purchased in May 2019 at St John of God Sleep Clinic for $1,300.00.

Scorpio

ScorpioSydney, NSW

Good nights sleep

After being diagnosed with moderate to sever Sleep Apnea I purchased the Phillips DreamStation. Since using it now for nearly 12 months I am sleeping much better and I no longer keep my wife awake at night. The unit is easy to use and the mask style suits me very well. I like the way it has a humidifier and that the hose wares up to avoid condensation in colder weather. I appreciate the Blue Tooth connectivity that provides me with up to date data of how long I have used the unit each night and how well I have slept and any issues.

Jody VEyre Peninsula, SA

Too noisy

Jody V

Also phoned the number Phillips sent for a personal chat and the woman I spoke to said she had never had anyone ever use this phone number before and didn't know what I was talking about. She was rude and less than useless.

Do not buy

I have received two machines this month. First one kept shutting off for no reason. The second one is so loud, it prevents me from sleeping. I am hoping since I got replacement last week I can return it. It sounds like someone is vacuuming when you breathe. This machine has done it since day One and first one glitches since day one.

Way less effective than my s9

After having a consistent 0.2-2.2 AHI for years with my S9 APAP, i have been presented with a dreamstation by my med team as an update. My AHI is now between 7 & 4. The pressures on the machine seem to average at first 7 (cmH2O) to the latest 10. This seems a little weak for me with an AHI of 45 untreated. I have decided to alter the settings from a base of 6 cmh2o to 8 but the results remain erratic and over the standard for being controlled. I will persists for a while longer as i have activated the A-flex feature now.

Noisy and wet - Solved

Unacceptable!

Steve

SteveWestern District, VIC

Very Noisy

I bought this recently for use on an upcoming overseas trip because the battery offers flexibility and whilst the machine itself is whisper quiet, the air noise within my mask when inhaling is unacceptable. Terribly disappointed with this product and I will not buy another Philips CPAP. A waste of nearly 2K.

Taylormade

TaylormadeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Finally a snore solution that works

Bought this for my husband last year, and it actually works. No more snoring , he gets a good sleep and so do I, he feels much more alert, and no more drowsiness during the day

Zee

ZeeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Philips should listen to customers

Ray

Rayasked

Does it record sounds outside the unit?

Hello Ray,

Thanks for your question. We're not sure if that is one of the specs with the DreamStation Auto CPAP. We therefore recommend reaching out to our products team regarding this matter. You can contact the team on 1300 766 488 (AU) or 0800 251 400 (NZ). Our colleagues will be able to help you further.

Robert jones

Robert jonesasked

Why does the preheat automatically shut off when the machine is turned on?

Hello Robert,

Good question. We've had a look but couldn't quite find the answer, so we'd like to suggest calling our dedicated Respironics team on 1800 251 400 (AU), or 0800 766 746 (NZ). They should be able to answer this fairly quickly. :)

Leeann W.

Leeann W.asked

I have the Philips dreamstation and started out with nose pillows. Recently I switched to a full face mask, as I am a mouth breather. Are there any changes that need to be made on the machine itself when switching mask types? Thanks in advance

Stuball

Leeann you should have the SleepMapper app downloaded and on the app is the only place you change your settings and will then give you the correct night's read out, as for on the machine it self No there is no setting you need to change.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Leeann. Thanks for asking. We kindly advise you to contact our product experts directly via the below link:

They should be able to assist you further.

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives