Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP

Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP

Unhappy Customer

I’ve returned 2 DreamStation’s so far due to not managing my AHI or displaying leaks

I have had 2 DreamStations (not including loaners) in the last 200 days, I’ve sent back one for repairs, the replacement is going back tomorrow for repairs again, it’s unreliable, the pressure isn’t consistent, it doesn’t record leaks and dreammapper doesn’t display the Major leaks that wake me up.

I gave this replacement machine 60 days, and my AHI have been above 7.5 over 60% and of the time - and my AHI is your over 15, over 33% of the time.

I would recommend trying a different Brand if buying a CPAP machine.

Purchased in November 2019 for $2,999.00.

Philips S.Philips

Waste of money, time and sleep

Purchased at RANA.

Unhappy Customer

Problems even after warranty replacement; inconsistent, inaccurate, unreliable pressures, constantly variable treatment.

Purchased in December 2019 for $2,300.00.

Health Products

Find out how Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP compares to other Health Products

Bruce

BruceQLD, 4051

This is an excellent CPAP Machine

I have bought this CPAP dreamStation to replace an Old model (system 1 also from Phillips).
I have to say that this DreamStation is an excellent CPAP machine and far far better than I previously own.
It is very quiet and I can sleep straight for 6 - 8 hours every night and my AHI is between 1 - 2 sometimes less than 1.
The humidifier works really well in compare to the older models and the heating on the Water chamber and the tube are excellent, I only set it on 3 on both.
However, I fill up with demineralized water that I bought from coles.
I really can't find any faults on this machine yet.

Purchased in December 2019 at CPAP Australia for $1,195.00.

Whitevaliant

WhitevaliantSydney, NSW

Return to sender!

Purchased in October 2019 at Blooms The Chemist for $1,350.00.

ELS

ELSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic Machine!

I've had one of these for 2 or 3 years now and it's made a huge improvement to my life. It's the only one I've used so can't compare. I've traveled extensively with it too. Thanks Philips!

Purchased in July 2016 for $1,500.00.

Philips S.Philips

Piece of crap not worth the money way too loud

Piece of crap not worth the money way too loud.
The loaner machine I borrowed which was the older model was fine. It just sounded like a fan blowing this one revs up every time you breathe and I cant

Purchased in February 2019 at Snore shoo.

wiz1910

wiz1910Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Much noisier than thought

The machine seems to be pretty noisy, not what I was expecting in that regard. Anyone have any tips for reducing the noise at the machine?
I sometimes put it on the floor.

Purchased in September 2019 for $1,200.00.

Stuball

StuballSydney, NSW

This Machine is perfect for me!

Purchased in September 2019 at Level 1/49 Grosvenor st Woollahra NSW 2025 Australia for $1,599.00.

Health Products

Humidifier keeps cracking and leaking water

Have had the machine for 1.5 years and on my 5th humidifier. Provider programmed all settings, humidifier cracks then leaks water all over the nightstand (ruined the stain on the wood and various books). So frustrated with this machine and being charged repeatedly for humidifiers...not one issue with my old Resmedin 11 years.

Purchased in November 2017.

Donna

DonnaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Horrendously expensive parts

My one star rating is for cost of parts. I have no complaints whatsoever with my Dreamstation and have been using it for around 3 years. I have however had to buy replacement parts for my dreamwear mask. The first was the small piece for under nose - over $90!! Today I have replaced the rubber and felt strap for the mask - another $90+. Philips, what is your justification for charging these exhorbitant prices??

Purchased in February 2016.

Noisy Cpap.

My CPAP has been very noisy as well as the first one I had. I have had two Philips CPAP Dream Stations and they were both noisy. The first one I had was a disappointment because of the nosise and the dirt debris I found inside the turbine. I took it apart and found crap in the turbine./Compressor. I replaced the filters on a timely basis as prescribed by Philipes and it still had dirt debris in it. I took it back to the VA but they said would send it back to Philips and it seems that they lost it. They did give me a new one .

Purchased in January 2017 at VA Administration.

Philips S.Philips

Difficulty sleeping due to machine getting louder over time

When I purchased this machine it worked really well & was very quiet. Over time it gradually gets louder which makes it very hard to sleep. I have even got to the point where I turn it off as it wakes myself & my wife. I’m very disappointed in this device. My brother purchased a different brand machine & it's very quiet. We both purchased approx 2 years ago.

Purchased in March 2017 for $1,600.00.

Way too Noisy

This machine is easily the noisiest machine on the market. The whiring noise coming from the motor keeps me awake. Took it to the medical supply company that supplied it and their answer, CPAPs make noise.

Purchased in August 2017 for $1,000.00.

Rebekah

RebekahWheatbelt, WA

The worst experience with CPAP Dreamstation machine.

Purchased in May 2019 at St John of God Sleep Clinic for $1,300.00.

Scorpio

ScorpioSydney, NSW

Good nights sleep

After being diagnosed with moderate to sever Sleep Apnea I purchased the Phillips DreamStation. Since using it now for nearly 12 months I am sleeping much better and I no longer keep my wife awake at night. The unit is easy to use and the mask style suits me very well. I like the way it has a humidifier and that the hose wares up to avoid condensation in colder weather. I appreciate the Blue Tooth connectivity that provides me with up to date data of how long I have used the unit each night and how well I have slept and any issues.

Jody VEyre Peninsula, SA

Too noisy

Jody V

Also phoned the number Phillips sent for a personal chat and the woman I spoke to said she had never had anyone ever use this phone number before and didn't know what I was talking about. She was rude and less than useless.

Do not buy

I have received two machines this month. First one kept shutting off for no reason. The second one is so loud, it prevents me from sleeping. I am hoping since I got replacement last week I can return it. It sounds like someone is vacuuming when you breathe. This machine has done it since day One and first one glitches since day one.

Way less effective than my s9

After having a consistent 0.2-2.2 AHI for years with my S9 APAP, i have been presented with a dreamstation by my med team as an update. My AHI is now between 7 & 4. The pressures on the machine seem to average at first 7 (cmH2O) to the latest 10. This seems a little weak for me with an AHI of 45 untreated. I have decided to alter the settings from a base of 6 cmh2o to 8 but the results remain erratic and over the standard for being controlled. I will persists for a while longer as i have activated the A-flex feature now.

Noisy and wet - Solved

PMHUX

PMHUXasked

Why would the light on the power button be off for almost a month, and then suddenly reappear? I've had the dreamstation for over a year now.

Kevin B.

Kevin B.asked

My philips respironics dreamstation power button and information screen is blinking on and off. How do I correct the problem?

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for your question regarding your Philips DreamStation. In your case we'd recommend contacting your medical device supplier for assistance. As they can look deeper into this issue for you.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Mark E.

Mark E.asked

Why is my dream station coming up check power pin is ok comes on but says check power?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Mark. Thanks for your question here. We're sorry to hear your CPAP machine is showing you this error. Allow us to suggest some potential solution. If you encounter this error, verify that the plug at the side of the device, at the power supply, and at the electrical outlet are fully inserted. This will help to ensure that a secure, reliable electrical connection has been made. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us with this number here: 1800 830 517 (AU) from Mondays to Fridays 9:00am to 5:00pm EST. They are happy to help.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

See all Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryHealth Products